Pokemon on wii RPG

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eljitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 eljitto
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

Will their ever be a pokemon game on the wii I am talking about the RPG, like pokemon blue, thats among the best games ive ever played

Ps idont like pokemon too much but the RPGs are addicting as heck

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts
I hope not, i hate pokemon, and it will make people think wii is more kiddy.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts

I hope not, i hate pokemon, and it will make people think wii is more kiddy.randomguy15

If you think Pokemon is kiddy, you know nothing about. I hope Wii will have Pokemon that is not some kind of spin-off. They need to make some kind of 3D Pokemon game like the red or blue, where there is adventure, training, gym leader battles and stuff. The Wii needs more RPGs, Pokemon is a great choice.

gonzalezj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gonzalezj1
Member since 2004 • 1965 Posts

I doubt it.

It didn't happen on the N64 and it didn't happen on the GameCube, so why now?

Nintendo reserves full-fledged Pokemon games for handhelds. They're considered system-sellers, so if Nintendo released a real Pokemon game for a console, they would be competing with themselves.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]I hope not, i hate pokemon, and it will make people think wii is more kiddy.King-gamer

If you think Pokemon is kiddy, you know nothing about. I hope Wii will have Pokemon that is not some kind of spin-off. They need to make some kind of 3D Pokemon game like the red or blue, where there is adventure, training, bym leader battles and stuff. The Wii needs more RPGs, Pokemon is a great choice.

I never said I though pokemon is kiddy I said people will think Wii is kiddy, read more carefully next time.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 King-gamer
[QUOTE="King-gamer"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]I hope not, i hate pokemon, and it will make people think wii is more kiddy.randomguy15

If you think Pokemon is kiddy, you know nothing about. I hope Wii will have Pokemon that is not some kind of spin-off. They need to make some kind of 3D Pokemon game like the red or blue, where there is adventure, training, bym leader battles and stuff. The Wii needs more RPGs, Pokemon is a great choice.

I never said I though pokemon is kiddy I said people will think Wii is kiddy, read more carefully next time.

So people will think the Wii is kiddy if Pokemon gets released on it? Please do explain why. What is in Pokemon that will make the Wii kiddy should it be released on it?

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 randomguy15
[QUOTE="randomguy15"][QUOTE="King-gamer"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]I hope not, i hate pokemon, and it will make people think wii is more kiddy.King-gamer

So people will think the Wii is kiddy if Pokemon gets released on it? Please do explain why. What is in Pokemon that will make the Wii kiddy should it be released on it?

Well some people already think the Wii is kiddy adding a pokemon adventure will only add to it, we need story RPG's that actually make sense, like Tales of Symphonia.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 King-gamer

Well some people already think the Wii is kiddy adding a pokemon adventure will only add to it, we need story RPG's that actually make sense, like Tales of Symphonia.randomguy15

Well nothing make sense in the gaming world anyway. not, story, nor physics, or anything. I don't see how the Wii is a "kiddy" system, or how Pokemon will just add to it.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]Well some people already think the Wii is kiddy adding a pokemon adventure will only add to it, we need story RPG's that actually make sense, like Tales of Symphonia.King-gamer

Well nothing make sense in the gaming world anyway. not, story, nor physics, or anything. I don't see how the Wii is a "kiddy" system, or how Pokemon will just add to it.

I'm not saying the Wii is kiddy, but yes pokemon will add kiddiness to it, sorry if you can't accept that.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

but yes pokemon will add kiddiness to itrandomguy15

You said you don't think Pokemon is kiddy but it will make the Wii more kiddy? :?

I feel sorry for anyone that thinks Pokemon is kiddy because they're missing out on such an amazing gaming experience. It's their loss for not trying so I just sit back and laugh at them.

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 King-gamer
[QUOTE="King-gamer"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]Well some people already think the Wii is kiddy adding a pokemon adventure will only add to it, we need story RPG's that actually make sense, like Tales of Symphonia.randomguy15

I'm not saying the Wii is kiddy, but yes pokemon will add kiddiness to it, sorry if you can't accept that.

well I'm sorry you still don't understand a thing :P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'm not saying the Wii is kiddy, but yes pokemon will add kiddiness to it, sorry if you can't accept that.randomguy15

You're aware that every single game has you pretending to be a character in a world of make believe right?

Seriously, there's even a talking point here?

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
I hope not, i hate pokemon, and it will make people think wii is more kiddy.randomguy15
Look dude you dont have to ruin peoples ideas by saying "I hope not." If it happens just dont buy it. I for one like the idea
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]I'm not saying the Wii is kiddy, but yes pokemon will add kiddiness to it, sorry if you can't accept that.Jaysonguy

You're aware that every single game has you pretending to be a character in a world of make believe right?

Maybe I should be more specefic, people make fun of pokemon all the time, I'm not saying it's a bad idea but they'll think the wii is more kiddy. And okay your right about me saying games that make sense most of them don't.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 King-gamer
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]I'm not saying the Wii is kiddy, but yes pokemon will add kiddiness to it, sorry if you can't accept that.randomguy15

Maybe I should be more specefic, people make fun of pokemon all the time, I'm not saying it's a bad idea but they'll think the wii is more kiddy. And okay your right about me saying games that make sense most of them don't.

If people makes fun of it all the time, why is Pokemon so popular?

Unless the "people" happens to be you.

Avatar image for POkemonfreak101
POkemonfreak101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#16 POkemonfreak101
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

No it won't, just you.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 randomguy15
[QUOTE="randomguy15"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]I'm not saying the Wii is kiddy, but yes pokemon will add kiddiness to it, sorry if you can't accept that.King-gamer

If people makes fun of it all the time, why is Pokemon so popular?

Unless the "people" happens to be you.

Pokemon is popular, with younger kids. I'm not saying older people don't enjoy pokemon, and I don't make fun of pokemon. I'm just saying I want them to make more games for hardcore gamers, instaed of pokemon. it's not a bad idea and a lot of people would probably buy it, I just don't want more people saying wii sucks for lack of good games. Sorry for the disagreement.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Erebyssial

I'm just saying I want them to make more games for hardcore gamers, instaed of pokemon.randomguy15

Pokemon is hardcore

The kids enjoy the TV show while the hardcore gamers enjoy the competitive metagame and addictive RPG elements

Franchises that sell 15 million+ units for every installment are always a bridge between casual and hardcore users.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]I'm just saying I want them to make more games for hardcore gamers, instaed of pokemon.Erebyssial

Pokemon is hardcore

The kids enjoy the TV show while the hardcore gamers enjoy the competitive metagame and addictive RPG elements

Franchises that sell 15 million+ units for every installment are always a bridge between casual and hardcore users.

You all are right, I guess I forgot how popular pokemon can be. it's just everyone at school is in to mario, sports games or X-box and PS3 online.
Calafas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Calafas
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

No. Pokemon is going downhill for me. Its been the same scenario formula for over a decade, the pokemon designs are getting less creative, and the series caters to the "kiddy" audience more and more.

.... Seriously, Bidoof? Horribly uncreative name and pokemon design. Its a lumpy beaver/golfer. Its only a matter of time before Snorlax has a evolve form named "Comatose"..

If by chance a 3D one was made for Wii with a big scenario and gameplay overhaul, I may give it a shot.

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 King-gamer

Pokemon is popular, with younger kids. I'm not saying older people don't enjoy pokemon, and I don't make fun of pokemon. I'm just saying I want them to make more games for hardcore gamers, instaed of pokemon. it's not a bad idea and a lot of people would probably buy it, I just don't want more people saying wii ----- for lack of good games. Sorry for the disagreement.randomguy15

You're saying Pokemon isnt hardcore? Pokemon is more hardcore than you think,. reason why you think it is not is beacuse you probably never played one, or you just don't understand what hardcore is.

If the Wii is bad for the lack of good games you are wrong, otherwise it won't be selling as much as it is. Pokemon will help get more people to buy a Wii, like Pokemon fans who only own a DS, will buy a Wii for a 3D Pokemon RPG for the Wii.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]Pokemon is popular, with younger kids. I'm not saying older people don't enjoy pokemon, and I don't make fun of pokemon. I'm just saying I want them to make more games for hardcore gamers, instaed of pokemon. it's not a bad idea and a lot of people would probably buy it, I just don't want more people saying wii ----- for lack of good games. Sorry for the disagreement.King-gamer

You're saying Pokemon isnt hardcore? Pokemon is more hardcore than you think,. reason why you think it is not is beacuse you probably never played one, or you just don't understand what hardcore is.

If the Wii is bad for the lack of good games you are wrong, otherwise it won't be selling as much as it is. Pokemon will help get more people to buy a Wii, like Pokemon fans who only own a DS, will buy a Wii for a 3D Pokemon RPG for the Wii.

You know I made another post after this, so instead of bein a jerk you could read it.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Erebyssial

No. Pokemon is going downhill for me. Its been the same scenario formula for over a decade, the pokemon designs are getting less creative, and the series caters to the "kiddy" audience more and more.

Calafas

Actually, Pokemon is getting less kiddy every generation. In the Gameboy days, Pokemon was that thing every kid had along with their huge Pokemon card collection. Now, the way you play it is alot more advanced and requires more skill to become good at (I can just imagine a kid trying to grasp the concept of EV training and such)

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 King-gamer
[QUOTE="King-gamer"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]Pokemon is popular, with younger kids. I'm not saying older people don't enjoy pokemon, and I don't make fun of pokemon. I'm just saying I want them to make more games for hardcore gamers, instaed of pokemon. it's not a bad idea and a lot of people would probably buy it, I just don't want more people saying wii ----- for lack of good games. Sorry for the disagreement.randomguy15

You know I made another post after this, so instead of bein a jerk you could read it.

before calling others jerks you should know I was typing this when you posted the other thing sorry for being too slow, but what ever.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 randomguy15
[QUOTE="randomguy15"][QUOTE="King-gamer"]

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]Pokemon is popular, with younger kids. I'm not saying older people don't enjoy pokemon, and I don't make fun of pokemon. I'm just saying I want them to make more games for hardcore gamers, instaed of pokemon. it's not a bad idea and a lot of people would probably buy it, I just don't want more people saying wii ----- for lack of good games. Sorry for the disagreement.King-gamer

before calling others jerks you should know I was typing this when you posted the other thing sorry for being too slow, but what ever.

Sorry I thought you woulda read it by then, but no hard feelings.
Calafas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Calafas
[QUOTE="Calafas"]

Erebyssial

Actually, Pokemon is getting less kiddy every generation. In the Gameboy days, Pokemon was that thing every kid had along with their huge Pokemon card collection. Now, the way you play it is alot more advanced and requires more skill to become good at (I can just imagine a kid trying to grasp the concept of EV training and such)

... its getting kiddy to me ....

I wasnt talking for everyone else.

I beat diamond way faster than I ever beat Blue ver.

3 days. They're getting easier.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Erebyssial
[QUOTE="Erebyssial"][QUOTE="Calafas"]

Calafas

How do you beat a Pokemon game? It's endless especially now with online play

If all you're doing is getting the badges and beating the Elite 4 then it's a waste of time.

Calafas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Calafas
[QUOTE="Calafas"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"][QUOTE="Calafas"]

Erebyssial

How do you beat a Pokemon game? It's endless especially now with online play

If all you're doing is getting the badges and beating the Elite 4 then it's a waste of time.

Umm, Im pretty sure thats called beating the game?

Considering how many pokemon games are released per generation I think its a waste of time to get EVERY pokemon and max leveling them. That may be "100% COMPLETEING" the game, but in pokemons case, thats just "No Life'ing" the game... unless you plan to play the game for months-forever.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 randomguy15
I know I got flamed here for my opinion, but as that one guy said pokemon is not for the hardcore gamer, and yes mario brawler I have played pokemon before and i used to love it but now it's time for bigger and better things. If you like it fine if not don't flame someone for their opinion that you all even asked me for.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 air_wolf_cubed
I know I got flamed here for my opinion, but as that one guy said pokemon is not for the hardcore gamer, and yes mario brawler I have played pokemon before and i used to love it but now it's time for bigger and better things. If you like it fine if not don't flame someone for their opinion that you all even asked me for.randomguy15
Why cant Pokemon be hardcore?
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 randomguy15
[QUOTE="randomguy15"]I know I got flamed here for my opinion, but as that one guy said pokemon is not for the hardcore gamer, and yes king brawler I have played pokemon before and i used to love it but now it's time for bigger and better things. If you like it fine if not don't flame someone for their opinion that you all even asked me for.air_wolf_cubed

it's just my opinion. Please don't tell me your getting mad at me.
r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 r1m1k1
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]Well some people already think the Wii is kiddy adding a pokemon adventure will only add to it, we need story RPG's that actually make sense, like Tales of Symphonia.King-gamer

I'm lost, last I checked Pokemon is one of the most successful franchises for all ages. My friends, colleagues, girlfriend and I never miss one. I even got the full pokedex in gold! I would love a 3D version of a pokemon RPG on my wii, would really cause the so far less then stellar playlist to grow.

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 King-gamer

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]I know I got flamed here for my opinion, but as that one guy said pokemon is not for the hardcore gamer, and yes mario brawler I have played pokemon before and i used to love it but now it's time for bigger and better things. If you like it fine if not don't flame someone for their opinion that you all even asked me for.air_wolf_cubed

it is simple, these people don't understand the definition of hardcore.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 randomguy15

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="randomguy15"]I know I got flamed here for my opinion, but as that one guy said pokemon is not for the hardcore gamer, and yes mario brawler I have played pokemon before and i used to love it but now it's time for bigger and better things. If you like it fine if not don't flame someone for their opinion that you all even asked me for.King-gamer

What is it then? Fanboy.
Calafas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Calafas

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="randomguy15"]I know I got flamed here for my opinion, but as that one guy said pokemon is not for the hardcore gamer, and yes mario brawler I have played pokemon before and i used to love it but now it's time for bigger and better things. If you like it fine if not don't flame someone for their opinion that you all even asked me for.King-gamer

No, its simple, we've OUTGROWN what we consider a "kiddy" franchise. We dont plan on spending hundreds of hours aimlessly training hundreds of pokemon to Lv 100. You can beat the game with 6 level 40 pokemon......

Terribaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Terribaby
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts
here is my opinion im 18 and i love pokemon games i would love 1 to come out on the wii. i dont think this game is kiddie or it will make the wii kiddie because my 12 yr old cusin dosent understand the game :)
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 randomguy15
King-Gamer I'm tired of you putting words in my mouth, I never said nintendo wii has no good games and that it's unsuccesful.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="King-gamer"]

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="randomguy15"]I know I got flamed here for my opinion, but as that one guy said pokemon is not for the hardcore gamer, and yes mario brawler I have played pokemon before and i used to love it but now it's time for bigger and better things. If you like it fine if not don't flame someone for their opinion that you all even asked me for.Calafas

No, its simple, we've OUTGROWN what we consider a "kiddy" franchise. We dont plan on spending hundreds of hours training hundreds of pokemon to Lv 100.

You only have to do that if you're going to battle other people. Ones who probably used AR to get to lvl 100 anyway
r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 r1m1k1

Ok... so one of the more popular franchises of the decade is being called "kiddy", but Wii Music (indian guy and miyamoto pretending to play their wii motes to a pre-recorded piece) is hardcore?

Face it, Wii needs to bring one of their biggest franchises to the next-gen world, and I agree that pokemon isn't Star Fox, Kirby, or Yoshi but it is a start.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 randomguy15

Ok... so one of the more popular franchises of the decade is being called "kiddy", but Wii Music (indian guy and miyamoto pretending to play their wii motes to a pre-recorded piece) is hardcore?

r1m1k1
We never said it was hardcore.
Calafas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Calafas

Face it, Wii needs to bring one of their biggest franchises to the next-gen world, and I agree that pokemon isn't Star Fox, Kirby, or Yoshi but it is a start.

r1m1k1

What the hell does Wii music have to do with pokemon? Who here called Wii music hardcore? Im pretty sure this whole discussions closed.

Castle_freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Castle_freak
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

First of all, I think its a good idea to make a 3D pokemon. It just can't have new pokemon, though. the ideas for new pokemon are getting worse and worse. What would really be cool is if they made a 3d remake of the old pokemon games. those were the best.

Second of all, pokemon can be "kiddy", but it has hardcore elements in it too. Pokemon is sort of like an introduction to rpgs in some sense with its easy gameplay, but can be a long and rewarding adventure if you take the time to collect all the pokemon possible and train them to their highest extent. People need to look past beating the Elite 4 as beating the game, and start exploring the other possible things to do once that part of the game is over.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 air_wolf_cubed

First of all, I think its a good idea to make a 3D pokemon. It just can't have new pokemon, though. the ideas for new pokemon are getting worse and worse. What would really be cool is if they made a 3d remake of the old pokemon games. those were the best.

Second of all, pokemon can be "kiddy", but it has hardcore elements in it too. Pokemon is sort of like an introduction to rpgs in some sense with its easy gameplay, but can be a long and rewarding adventure if you take the time to collect all the pokemon possible and train them to their highest extent. People need to look past beating the Elite 4 as beating the game, and start exploring the other possible things to do once that part of the game is over.

Castle_freak
I agree with every word of that. Yeah 493 pokemon is more than enough
bugbite250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bugbite250
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts
i agree to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
limonface32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 limonface32
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts
ID be fun except for the fact that they'd bring back sucky as hell, SHADOW POKEMON!
bugbite250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bugbite250
why would they bring shadow pokemon if the GC pokemon games were HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
The_Nintendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Nintendawg
Member since 2005 • 1993 Posts
Pokemon has been going downhill for me too, I like pokemon but plz don't add anymore pokemon, it's getting really messy and just too much. It's need more improvement, not just the same formula. Ya i would like maybe more free roaming, huge world, better story, maybe even cel-shaded graphics, and online and i this game could be awesome. Now chances of this happening is slim.
bugbite250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bugbite250
hahahaha... ya.... lol!!!
r1m1k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 r1m1k1

I would actually like a backstory to the character you play. Where did you come from? Why is your father never around and what happened? Why did you and your mom move to a new town in EVERY single pokemon game? I think all these things can be subtly added.

Also I don't know if anyone recalls fighting a guy named Red in the Gold and silver versions in that random cave (forgot its name). Anyone know the reason why he was there? Or is it up for speculation.

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

Will their ever be a pokemon game on the wii I am talking about the RPG, like pokemon blue, thats among the best games ive ever playedeljitto

A pokemon blue like game for wii, but 3-D would be EPIC, and please just stick with the original 150 pokemon!