Pokemon. I want your opinion about it.

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kid_Mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kid_Mega
Member since 2003 • 231 Posts
Am I the only one that didn't enjoy the new pokemon game(s)? When I first heard that Diamond and Pearl were coming out, I thought "Hey, it's been a while since I've played one of those...I might give it a chance." I did play Pokemon Red when that first came out, and alot of other pokemon games, but that was when I was younger(I'm 18 now). Anyways, I told my girlfriend about them coming out. She hasn't had a DS for long, so she had just now started buying games. Anyways, she ended up buying Pokemon Diamond. After she was finished with the game, she let me borrow it. Now at first, it made me feel all warm inside. It ended up feeling like the good days when I first played Pokemon Red, but after playing it for a while, I had to force myself to play the game. There just wasn't enough change to the game. I know it had updated graphics, a new interface dealing with the touch screen, the whole poppy thing, pokemon mood swings, online play, etc. but the battle system was...the same. The story itslef was different, but it always made me think "Hmm, I wonder why this or that happened??" in a sarcastic manner. It was too obvious. I see alot of comments from people on the boards that list pokemon to people that just now got a DS for Christmas, and I wonder to myself "Why?". By no means am I trying to start anything. I just want to know your opinion on the game and why you like game. Thanks.
demonslayer936

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 demonslayer936
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
Pokemon is a great game once you get it, but after you beat the game(having all 8 badges and beating the Elite 4), it loses its charm
death_bagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 death_bagel
Member since 2006 • 3449 Posts
It will hold you off for a while, while I was visiting my family in Russia I had nothing to do except play Diamond. It held me off for a month until I came back to that states, so its worth the money :D.
Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
I totally agree with what you're saying. I've had all of the Pokemon games from Blue to Emerald, and Diamond just didn't cut it for me. And yeh you're right, the storyline was quite lame, but luckily I returned and Im hoping to buy Kirby Power Paintbrush. Yay!
vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts
I enjoyed it, but I know people out there who think it's mediocre.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
This game was great, after i completed the game twice through all 8 badges, beat the elite four 50+ times, i clocked in at 757 Hours, haven't touched it since August.
Thunderball37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Thunderball37
Member since 2007 • 1033 Posts
I wonder if yall hacked to beat the game so fast. It's great and I play it alot but they should make a game in which you create your own trainer go into the fronteir to catch pokemon. say for instance instead of running into a random pokemon you can know which pokemon are where and you can chase them down to catch it. And the way you throw the wii remote controls the spin of the ball.
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
Well if it aint broke dont fix it... but yeah the battle system is getting old... and some of the new pokemon are getting unoriginal
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

I wonder if yall hacked to beat the game so fast. It's great and I play it alot but they should make a game in which you create your own trainer go into the fronteir to catch pokemon. say for instance instead of running into a random pokemon you can know which pokemon are where and you can chase them down to catch it. And the way you throw the wii remote controls the spin of the ball.Thunderball37

Yeah, kinda like Dragon Quest Monster Joker except without that annoying scout system.

dsownedage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dsownedage
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts
Well... I'd say the pokemon series is one of the worst addictive games ever. Its addictive, catching all the pokemon is rather useless... I don't like pokemon, not any of them... i think they are useless... many of the stories are the same, gameplay is never anydifferent... I just say pokemon sux...feel free to disagree. but that's my opinion.
bigbug1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bigbug1992
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

It is a good game for a while, but I have to agree. Once you get to a certain point, you have to force yourself to play. Using an AR or GS injects a little fun for a while but then it goes down the drain again.

j-tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 j-tron
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
gotta get all pokemons
TechDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TechDragon
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

I wonder if yall hacked to beat the game so fast. It's great and I play it alot but they should make a game in which you create your own trainer go into the fronteir to catch pokemon. say for instance instead of running into a random pokemon you can know which pokemon are where and you can chase them down to catch it. And the way you throw the wii remote controls the spin of the ball.Thunderball37

As far of Pokemon Diamond i think it's good i played all the other pokemon games and i decided not hack this one i want to try the online trading it's more fun this way. As for the idea for the WII it does sound cool.

Kid_Mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kid_Mega
Member since 2003 • 231 Posts
Looks like I'm not the only one then, lol. Oh well. Pokemon was fun while it lasted a few years ago.
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MegaSonicZX
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts
Diamond and Pearl were kickass, and so were the ones on the Game Boy/GBC/GBA. Everything else aren't that great.
raichu7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 raichu7
Member since 2007 • 889 Posts
I love Pokemon Diamond/Pearl :D, they are my favorite DS game that I have ;).
r-teest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 r-teest
Member since 2007 • 949 Posts
you should get dqmj......
CrimsonSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CrimsonSilver
Member since 2007 • 1108 Posts

Back in the good all days, just thinking about playing it gave me an erection, but now it's a turn off.....

After like 8 years, I finally realized "I didn't have to catch'em all"

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
Well I guess it could. But then again, you could always start over and try to develope a stronger team. You can up their stats up by properly EV training them, assign Pokemon a role in your team (i.e sweeper, spiker, tank etc...). Takes some serious time though. I'm waaay to lazy.
Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

Back in the good all days, just thinking about playing it gave me an erection, but now it's a turn off.....

After like 8 years, I finally realized "I didn't have to catch'em all"

CrimsonSilver

Nicely said.

Blasto19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blasto19
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts

i think all if you keep a clear head and just enjoy the game, it;ll be much more fun.

if you do that, you'll be playing for a good 75+hrs, pretty good considering typical games taking around 10-12hrs:P

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Pokemon has never been a particularly hardcore RPG game. It doesn't boast outstanding graphics, a particularly gripping storyline, and features just a little bit of recycling. (Seriously why are all the scientists named after trees?)

That being said, I can't help but love the series. They haven't messed with it, which is good and bad. To the classic fans, it offers just enough new to be great yet accesible, yet to newer fans it just doesn't seem to cut it. If Nintendo wishes to start making more fans of the series it should consider making more steps towards the new.

That being said, these series of games has its target market. The younger crowd. I really don't think they give much of a care if Pikachu doesn't have a fully animated set of moves that clash dynamically with the gameplay and such. I think that Nintendo is still in the "Test the waters" phase of Pokemon and as such, they probably felt like creating a game that had a few touches of new here and there, yet fell heavily on it's past gave it a good base and from here hopefully Nintendo will feel more confident to try newer things in the future.

In Game Freaks defense, the differences that Diamond and Pearl create, particularly in a competitive battling environment, already reshape how Pokemon are fought and really allow for great tactics and set ups that are sure to make any obsessive fan happy. Do you have any idea how hard it is to raise a pokemon from scratch with the perfect demeanor/setup/moves? :evil:

Anyway, Diamond and Pearl and the Pokemon series are going to continue to be popular and fun because for the most part, it's considered a great "starter" RPG if that's all your looking for, yet offers staggering depth if you are really into it.

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
I didn't really like it.. it's okay.. i play it now and then. I agree 100% with tc.
Thunderball37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Thunderball37

I love Pokemon Diamond/Pearl :D, they are my favorite DS game that I have ;).raichu7
That's obvious

ChaosKontrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChaosKontrol
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
No friends, no fun. -end-
kainha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kainha
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts

Pokemon is amazing, in single player. In multiPlayer I've never played it, only with the GB, and with friends at my side/sight.

Via Wifi I ner played it, but I plan to do it soon, I'm so addicted to Pokemon :D

elfboy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 elfboy69
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

I've only played the new Pokemon on my little bros DS. I had Pokemon GOLD for gameboy color back in the day. My dad witch is now 34 years old played Pokemon GOLD with me (He and I would play then battle and so on) and what not. Even thought I'm 18 at not to far form 19 i still thought that the Pokemon game (that my bro has) was fun.

I liked It enought to think about buying it but got Zelda PH instead, but once I beat that I will be sure to pick up on of the new Pokemon games for sure along with a new FF game.

Avatar image for 1337_lost_souls
1337_lost_souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 1337_lost_souls
Member since 2007 • 1315 Posts

Am I the only one that didn't enjoy the new pokemon game(s)? When I first heard that Diamond and Pearl were coming out, I thought "Hey, it's been a while since I've played one of those...I might give it a chance." I did play Pokemon Red when that first came out, and alot of other pokemon games, but that was when I was younger(I'm 18 now). Anyways, I told my girlfriend about them coming out. She hasn't had a DS for long, so she had just now started buying games. Anyways, she ended up buying Pokemon Diamond. After she was finished with the game, she let me borrow it. Now at first, it made me feel all warm inside. It ended up feeling like the good days when I first played Pokemon Red, but after playing it for a while, I had to force myself to play the game. There just wasn't enough change to the game. I know it had updated graphics, a new interface dealing with the touch screen, the whole poppy thing, pokemon mood swings, online play, etc. but the battle system was...the same. The story itslef was different, but it always made me think "Hmm, I wonder why this or that happened??" in a sarcastic manner. It was too obvious. I see alot of comments from people on the boards that list pokemon to people that just now got a DS for Christmas, and I wonder to myself "Why?". By no means am I trying to start anything. I just want to know your opinion on the game and why you like game. Thanks.
Kid_Mega

OMG alright look at the part i underlined. If all the other games were great which they were (not the spinoffs though), and there is no change then why dont you like this one, i hate people that think like that! GOD!

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts
I like it a lot, but the real charm is in battling/trading with your friends. If you dont have any of those, you are out of luck.
619shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 619shawn

it need something out of the box for the battle system. Like Super Paper mario, you jeus attack them not take turns also it takes like5 hours(minimum)to finish the game. Its to short. I rate it like 4/10

finalfan789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 finalfan789
Member since 2006 • 6514 Posts
i liked the old pokemon...after gold/silver i didnt like the series anymore
Purarnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Purarnick
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts

If you like Pokemon and want to join a pokemon website either email me at Purarnick@aol.com or IM me on AIM i'm: Purarnick

ryan_returns29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33 ryan_returns29
Member since 2006 • 3191 Posts
I really like Diamond/Pearl. Lasted me 80 or so hours until I had nothing really to do except explore areas for hidden items and level up/catch Pokemon. It is still a fun game though because I battle with friends pretty often and we always end up having pretty close games.
666_Laventine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 666_Laventine
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts
Ah Pokemon! Been my best friend ever since I was 16. Now I'm 22 and I still play it to this very day. I try and try to ignore a new pokemon everytime, but I just can't shake the little 16 year old who was so excited about it when I first got it. Yeah my friends knock me about it all the time, but they won't admit they still play it (or at least to the others, they admitted to me). I wasn't too impressed with diamond and pearl. I would think that they would allow you to at least make a custom trainer. The new line up of pokemon I'm not too impressed. I do enjoy the fact that your're able to get old friends from your GBA games which made me happy cuz like I said earlier I wasn't too impressed with the new ones. I didn't hack into my game this time, but my friend beaten the game way ahead of me and gave me a Eevee and Ditto so I could make my Eevee team so that was the only reason why I kept playing. But I still play my diamond. Not the best of the Pokemon franchise, but I just really enjoy so I can play against my friends when they go out of town. Pokemon Silver still remains to be my fave and personally I just don't ever seeing the battle system for pokemon ever changing, how could it really? When it comes down to it Pokemon will always be aimed towards the kiddies, but thats fine by me I guess. No matter what I'm always gonna be supporting a franchise that I love and the little kid in me will always be happy
Avatar image for deactivated-5a726f07c989c
deactivated-5a726f07c989c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 239

User Lists: 12

#35 deactivated-5a726f07c989c
Member since 2007 • 248 Posts
now i can,t beat fatiana in pokemon diamond now i beat 4 and now i can,t beat number 5 their cheating with their hyper potion or whatever they have now i,m screwed forever if i don,t beat them soon i,ll never beat gym leader 5 and i can,t wait to **** freakout
ApeOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 147

#36 ApeOverlord
Member since 2005 • 1308 Posts

Personally, the first generation was the best. All of the other generations either have completely worthless pokemon or pokemon with good potential. Furret, Plusle, and Kricketune are some worthless examples while Tyranitar, Metagross, and Garchomp are high potential examples.

I still like pokemon, but the first 151 are the only ones that I feel most comfortable using.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a726f07c989c
deactivated-5a726f07c989c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 239

User Lists: 12

#38 deactivated-5a726f07c989c
Member since 2007 • 248 Posts
oh one thing i,m not mad at the game its the gym leader i hate more because its becoming like crasher wake i kept on losing the only its worse than that one is fatiana only
rocketman001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rocketman001
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts
I found the older Pokemon games more fun
Thunderball37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Thunderball37
Never thought oftype disadvantages. That's very sad. :P
shorty_bobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shorty_bobert
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
ive got all of the pokemon so if any1 wants pm me
Moony101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Moony101
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
I'ts a good game when you start off playing it, and you get really addicted to it for the first few days...but...then you start feeling tired of it, like, "Aww man, I still have to keep leveling up my party and doing the same old thing over and over again to a plot that really has no outcome" and you decide to wait. But (like all of the games' magical powers), you get drawn back into it more excited than ever...it's so weird how when you leave a game, then pick it up all of a sudden and find it even more interesting than when you first got it.
luke141eels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#44 luke141eels
Member since 2007 • 10143 Posts
i have got every single pokemon game scince red i still get them there just not as good as the first two mainly gold while pearl wasn"t that good i usually don"t stop playing a pokemon game but i stopped for a bit with the new one but thats my theroy now and my first thoughts were its good
ViVi110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#45 ViVi110
Member since 2007 • 383 Posts
I played pokemon silver and loved it when I was younger but I was so embarassed when buying this game that I made my sister buy it :P. I feel like such a loser for having it but it's still really addicting.
Jackus95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jackus95
it doesnt really lose its charm untill you get all of the pokemon.

Dialga-freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dialga-freak
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
I played pokemon silver and loved it when I was younger but I was so embarassed when buying this game that I made my sister buy it :P. I feel like such a loser for having it but it's still really addicting.ViVi110
You shouldn't be embarassed about that... I know some people who is actually playing Barbie games... Now that is embarassing...
Chillinhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chillinhawk
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts

Pokemon is for little kids and teenagers with no lives.

Chillinhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chillinhawk
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts

I liked it when i was little but now it's just... to kiddish.

P.S who didn't like it when they were little

WhoAmIAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WhoAmIAgain
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts
pokemon is a prime example of a overused product. pokemon w, once it came out, the most impressive game. Large choice of playable pokemon, large exploreable world that made you want to go to every inch of the game, and a system that was different than all other RPGs. This is what set pokemon aside from all the other games fifteen years ago, now look at it, its had 1,2,3,4,5,6 games now onto 6 and 8. it was just simply drained of all its originality. pokemon is just a faded fad and nothing more. although it can entertain you and the such it isnt really what it felt like before. now that i look onto it, it feels like mario is also having the same side effects as pokemon, and sonic is well... just stupidly repetitive (sorry sonic fanboys its the truth) things these days have always been about money and the best way to get money is through the spoiled and crying kids that want the game. they see pokemon as cuddly and cute while we older people (cause we're so not kids) see them as WTF WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO TO POKEMON... why does that pokemon look like a penis....(lol) seriously theres a pokemon in pearl that looks like a penis (ps he has harden and thrust, i nicknamed him penis never-the-less it still had its upturns. the allowed pokemon to hold items to improve their power also the chance to heal without potins. the threw in something weird and tasteful.. POKEMON CONTEST. thats right dont we all want to dress-up our pokemon cruely and distastefully look that ribbon doesnt look nice on the psyduck, try that scarf... nono how bout that scuba gear? pokemon is evolving like the pokemon themselves, just give it some time and im sure they can fix up the problems of their games, and if your one that dislikes pokemon just pray these are the last odd creatures of the pokemon world.

wow, this took awhile to write