Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Hi, I been thinking about what I play alot lately. I think I have franchise fatigue when it comes to Mario and Zelda (only a little, the awful quest rewards annoyed me, I don't need their rupees). So I wanted to know if anyone thinks I should buy a refurbished wiiu to experience some first party franchise I haven't tried. Im leaning toard Pikmin and Metroid, are both worth?(ps i do have switch already)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

there was no metroid on wiiU. unless you mean wii?

pikmin 3 is terrific. but you are going to spend like 200$ plus the 60$ for the game? idk...

i guess super mario 3d world is fun if you never played it. i thought it was cool but underwhelming ride.

cpt toad treasure tracker is great if you like puzzle games.

ChrisAnetkaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 341

#3 ChrisAnetkaC
Member since 2004 • 726 Posts

@Celsius765: My dilemma was the exact opposite: should I get a Switch or wait to see where this is going? I decided not to get one until I see visible signs that Nintendo is making efforts to port the Wii U library over to the Switch (plus the Wii and Gamecube libraries). If that comes to pass (and I hope it does, nothing personal) your getting the Wii U would have been a waste of money and likely Nintendo wouldn't get a dime out of it either. Let's hope Nintendo makes a move to discourage people from purchasing old used equipment which is to nobody's advantage. I just got Pikmin 3. It's supposed to be very good, the backlog just grew larger.

FridayBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 FridayBeer
Member since 2017 • 6 Posts

@Celsius765: if you can get one cheap then why not. Beyond the first party games there’s Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE if you’re into RPGs.

Bloodstained is still coming out for it I think. That looks good.

TestPMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TestPMart
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

> there was no metroid on wiiU. unless you mean wii?

You could play Metroid Trilogy on Wii U, though. Its cheaper as you can get it using the eShop.

Invalid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Invalid99
Member since 2017 • 6 Posts

You probably should get a Wii U before it becomes hard to acquire one. I don't have one yet either, but I am definately thinking about picking one up one of these days.

Skibow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skibow
Member since 2017 • 8 Posts

Yes there is many good games for the wii U still like mariokart 8,the newest Zelda and older ones aswell which the switch doesn’t have it has super mario maker which the switch doesn’t have and other good games

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

Yeah the Wii-U might be hard to find in the future.