People too forgiving to NIntendo and the Wii online service?

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bukato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bukato
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts
I don't understand how some people can say, "Well if Nintendo things it's the best approach, i have faith in them". I say no. It's 2007, and good online play should'nt have to be begged for. We should have had multiple games to choose from with online at launch, but instead we wait till April, for ONE online game that is only fit for a person 11 years and younger (really, if anyone catches you at high school with anything to do with pokemon, you will be laughed at and ridiculed). I love the Wii and all, but i think if everyone was as aggitated by this as i am, Nintendo would get their act together, and at least give us something decent, unlike the half-assed junk they expect us to look forward to. Also, would it kill them, to give us a little bit of news every once in a while about their major games, like SSBB? (i mean only two vids for this game. This is like the game that's going to sell the most copies than any other game on wii, like SSBM did for the GC.)

Well, i may have had my hopes a little to high for nintendo, because I've been such a big fan of all their consoles.(owned everyone since super NES.) Turns out Nintendo isn't perfect.:(
cpaschal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cpaschal
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts
Yeah, you are right...Nintendo should rush it and put out a sub-par product. I say take the time and get it right. Plus, I have enough to keep me busy with Rayman, WarioWare, my VC purchases, and of course, Zelda: TP. Be patient. The DS was the same way, and now more and more and more games have online capablities. Just give them time.
Eragont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Eragont
Member since 2006 • 1933 Posts
im a sheep and i agree, i mean if sony can do it(lol)(jk)
Acid08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Acid08
Member since 2007 • 292 Posts
You would think they would have learned from the endless complaining about friend codes on the DS and made something better for the Wii but I guess not. Even if it's more safe how amny times have you heard of people being kidnapped when people met over Xbox Live or something. And to whoever said PS3 has crappy games but they're online, you need to learn what you're talking about. For the most part I agree but Resistance is very very fun and has great online play.
Avatar image for YusukeUnleashed
YusukeUnleashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YusukeUnleashed
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts
im a sheep and i agree, i mean if sony can do it(lol)(jk)Eragont

really how ironic im a goat:lol:
YusukeUnleashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 YusukeUnleashed
You would think they would have learned from the endless complaining about friend codes on the DS and made something better for the Wii but I guess not. Even if it's more safe how amny times have you heard of people being kidnapped when people met over Xbox Live or something. And to whoever said PS3 has crappy games but they're online, you need to learn what you're talking about. For the most part I agree but Resistance is very very fun and has great online play.Acid08

1 game doesnt make a system good dude. if it did the dreamcast would still be around.
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
I simply don't care. I prefer a good single player game.
chicagog19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 chicagog19
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
If online is that important to you. Get A 360(it has the best online around) Wii60 FTW
Acid08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Acid08
[QUOTE="Acid08"]You would think they would have learned from the endless complaining about friend codes on the DS and made something better for the Wii but I guess not. Even if it's more safe how amny times have you heard of people being kidnapped when people met over Xbox Live or something. And to whoever said PS3 has crappy games but they're online, you need to learn what you're talking about. For the most part I agree but Resistance is very very fun and has great online play.YusukeUnleashed

1 game doesnt make a system good dude. if it did the dreamcast would still be around.

No what makes that system good is the future games coming out for it. And I didn't say that I liked the system. I said that Resistance is very good so saying the PS3 has no good games is a lie. Even with Resistance it's my least favorite right now.
Acid08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Acid08
I simply don't care. I prefer a good single player game.angelfly
Its to bad most gamers do.
Acid08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Acid08
[QUOTE="Acid08"][QUOTE="angelfly"]I simply don't care. I prefer a good single player game.YusukeUnleashed

It's too bad we have brains:roll:

Yeah you're right. Having the ability to increase the amount of time you play a game by adding very fun modes that allow you to test your skill agianst people all around the country is totally stupid. How could I b so dumb?
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts
Hahaha I'm at a college that can't support online gaming, so I couldn't care less. I love the games I have for my Wii and they're great single player (except maybe Far Cry, which was short imo). Talk to me about online games in June, when the semester ends. But for those frustrated people out there, uh... invite some friends over?
YusukeUnleashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YusukeUnleashed
[QUOTE="YusukeUnleashed"][QUOTE="Acid08"][QUOTE="angelfly"]I simply don't care. I prefer a good single player game.Acid08

Yeah you're right. Having the ability to increase the amount of time you play a game by adding very fun modes that allow you to test your skill agianst people all around the country is totally stupid. How could I b so dumb?

ummmm....it says prefer not totally abandon multi-player.
mack10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 mack10
Member since 2002 • 12394 Posts
i'd rather have good single player games than really crappy games that can go online(cough cough PS3). they will come with time you just have to be patient:DYusukeUnleashed
PS3? not many games on the Wii are much better than the PS3 right now if you haven't noticed. WarioWare and Zelda are the only two worth mentioning and WarioWare is a long shot because of its length. So don't bash the PS3...everyone knows that by the end of this the PS3 will have some of the better titles of the 3 consoles and I don't expect Nintendo to do much different than it did its previous 2 generations of gaming. It'll stick to its Zelda, Metroid, SSB formula and they'll do just fine because people love these games and because the Wii is so cheap but when it comes to really good titles you're looking to spend a little more for the PS3 and the 360. Online will come around for the Wii; I'd imagine the first great game to have it will be either Metroid or SSBB, and I'm willing to bet a dollar that the next Zelda title will have some online connectivity (but only a dollar because I don't know what they'd do with an online Zelda to be honest). Perhaps the RE game will have some online play and I'm hoping MP will too along will Mario Cart and crap like that....if none of these games have online play then I'd say its time to complain.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I don't understand how some people can say, "Well if Nintendo things it's the best approach, i have faith in them". I say no. It's 2007, and good online play should'nt have to be begged for. We should have had multiple games to choose from with online at launch, but instead we wait till April, for ONE online game that is only fit for a person 11 years and younger (really, if anyone catches you at high school with anything to do with pokemon, you will be laughed at and ridiculed). I love the Wii and all, but i think if everyone was as aggitated by this as i am, Nintendo would get their act together, and at least give us something decent, unlike the half-assed junk they expect us to look forward to. Also, would it kill them, to give us a little bit of news every once in a while about their major games, like SSBB? (i mean only two vids for this game. This is like the game that's going to sell the most copies than any other game on wii, like SSBM did for the GC.)

Well, i may have had my hopes a little to high for nintendo, because I've been such a big fan of all their consoles.(owned everyone since super NES.) Turns out Nintendo isn't perfect.:(
bukato
Be happy your getting it.. Maybe they wanted to shroud the offline multiplayer fun from the online, bringing in people for that reason and then placing the offline later to bring in more.. Keep things interesting. Its a bit frustrating to wait, but better than getting something shallow.
nick21989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 nick21989
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts
Why is it Nintendo's fault that there is no online games? It's not, blame the game companies for not going for it...not Nintendo.
Smasher24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Smasher24
Member since 2006 • 132 Posts

They're good at disappointing and not investing money into a solid online infrastructure. We can just exchange wii number friend codes right? Will they pull through and have online at all?

Acid08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Acid08
[QUOTE="Acid08"][QUOTE="YusukeUnleashed"][QUOTE="Acid08"][QUOTE="angelfly"]I simply don't care. I prefer a good single player game.YusukeUnleashed

ummmm....it says prefer not totally abandon multi-player.

You want to see an example of everyone else being right on this? Gears of War. Great single-player but AMAZING multiplayer. And you see how that sells and got reviewed? Games are changing and Nintendo will have to also. They can still have great single player experiences but multiplayer is becoming a must unless every game you make can have a single player game as good as Zelda, Bully, or Okami.
Acid08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Acid08
Why is it Nintendo's fault that there is no online games? It's not, blame the game companies for not going for it...not Nintendo. nick21989
Nintendo didn't release their online network to developers in time for them to add it into their games. So it is Nintendos fault.
Avatar image for Breakfast_Clubber
Breakfast_Clubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Breakfast_Clubber
Member since 2003 • 2803 Posts
i agree with you all 100%
natrone06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 natrone06
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts
I especially dont get not having online for sports games and shooters. I cant imagine not playing madden online. It doesn't matter too much to me since id rather play most sports games and shooters on my 360 but for those games I want on my wii, tiger woods and metroid, it would be nice if they had online.
bukato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bukato

Why is it Nintendo's fault that there is no online games? It's not, blame the game companies for not going for it...not Nintendo. nick21989
Nintendo discourages online play by having a System so absurd  for it, developers loose all intrest and deem it a waste of time, effort and money.
We can't blame anyone but Nintendo here.
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrotherGamer
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts

bukato

People would be slashing open each other's throats on the streets if the old virtual console games could be played 2-4 player online, simulating multiplayer, except like full screen and stuff.

clarkeyboy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clarkeyboy21
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts

bukato
ye probably but if we are satisfied with the first launch then they will bring out many more .
clarkeyboy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clarkeyboy21
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts
any1 know where i can get a cheap classiccontroller they all £15
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
im sorry but i want some online games as well for the wii. look other than zelda no game on the wii is that good. warioware is ok but not that much fun alone, i mean that game would have been awesome online, rayman stinks, red steel garbage, i mean howcome madden 07 wasnt online, or ssx blur, tiger woods, something lets get goin. somebody said they would prefer great single player over middle of the park online multiplayer games. but nintendo doesnt have either. the exception is zelda, i mean the wii is awesome but at this point its kind of behind. i mean i have faith in nintendo having a good year but i wanna hear about more online games, and other major games lets COME ON NINTENDO i have been a diehard fan 4 nintendo for years i stuck with the cube even if it was behind. but the wii needs to pick it up a little more and return some of nintendos glory. its doin great in sales but it still has some unanswered questions so i want that fixed
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts

bukato
ummm i think most people realize that there isnt a lot they can do about it
blackmambax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blackmambax
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts
I would like to see a good online system for the wii as well. I can accept its not going to be xbox live but they could still make a decent setup with what they've got. I think that every wii friend code should have its own username assigned to it and that the friend code is used universally for games. Games should allow for text and/or a mic device through the usb to allow people to communicate with non-friend code players. However, using the parental control settings, communication to non friend players can be disabled for those concerned parents. I've only played Mario Kart online on DS but the system of getting into a game was painful in having to wait to randomly connect some people so some sort of lobby system would go a long way. Most importantly of all servers should be maintained and actions done to prevent people using action replay and other cheating devices. (that ones sort of up to each developer though)

If nintendo could get all the above done or somethign similiar, i would be happy.
tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
Yeah, the WiFi service from nintendo is pretty bad and I dont think GS gives them enough criticism.  Everyone knows the best service out there is Xbox Live and the PS3 offers more stuff than Nintendo because online multiplayer is more common and there is no friends codes to deal with.  Nintendo WIFI is pretty barebones and in this day and age it should just be unacceptable.  I think people accept it because you get Nintendo published games online.  But it could be so much better.
Kaa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kaa21
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
I've always like Nintendo in the fact that their games tend to be a fulfilling single player experience compared to the capabilitity to online gaming.

I like it when I can play MP ( online or offline) with my friends, just for something thats not fighting the AI, but Nintendo strikes me as having a rich and addicting SP experience primarily as their goal.

As for the whole thing against their online, sure I wish it would be faster and have some fast paced games for it. I can wait for it, their single player parts will tide me over until they get it working correctly. :)

Eeza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Eeza
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts
Nintendo have never done online for a console before. They probably have a bunch of stuff to work out in order to get out a good product.

Sony and Microsoft have been doing online since last generation remember that.
spidey008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 spidey008
Member since 2002 • 2309 Posts
The Wii's online interface is one of a kind.  I bought a Wii over the weekend and was shocked at how great the online services is thus far.  You have to remember that this is Nintendo's first console to be based off of an online interface (much like Sony).  They are behind the Xbox, but they have a great start.  I say give them some time and then make judgements.
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
Nintendo have never done online for a console before. They probably have a bunch of stuff to work out in order to get out a good product.

Eeza
Famicom Network (NES online) and Satellaview (SNES online) says hi :)
Ranchod94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ranchod94
Member since 2004 • 404 Posts
[QUOTE="cpaschal"]Yeah, you are right...Nintendo should rush it and put out a sub-par product. I say take the time and get it right. Plus, I have enough to keep me busy with Rayman, WarioWare, my VC purchases, and of course, Zelda: TP. Be patient. The DS was the same way, and now more and more and more games have online capablities. Just give them time.

By Nintendo's own accounts, they had the wiimote technology ready 3 years before launch. They had a whole generation of watching the other guys do it better to learn from to get this going. To be this late to the ballgame, and to bring this poor of a showing, is INEXCUSABLE.
Ranchod94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ranchod94
[QUOTE="Eeza"]Nintendo have never done online for a console before. They probably have a bunch of stuff to work out in order to get out a good product.

angelfly
Famicom Network (NES online) and Satellaview (SNES online) says hi :)

Yeah, and how many ppl in the world ever actually used those services? 7? I give Nintendo credit for being forward-thinking about online soooo long ago, but it's not like it was anything anyone ever actually used.
Ranchod94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ranchod94
I simply don't care. I prefer a good single player game.angelfly
Why should one affect the other? These features are mutually exclusive, for the most part. Online is becoming so big, and is the future, that soon this sentence will be the other way around. At the very least, each will be an equally important part of the equation.
jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts
[QUOTE="nick21989"]Why is it Nintendo's fault that there is no online games? It's not, blame the game companies for not going for it...not Nintendo. Acid08
Nintendo didn't release their online network to developers in time for them to add it into their games. So it is Nintendos fault.

I love Nintendo and the Wii but I have to agree.  They have simply been dragging their feet with online.
jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts
Another thing:

Not everyone cares about online gaming.  But there are about 60% of Xbox 360 gamers that play online.  That is too big a market for Nintendo to ignore when it comes to THEIR SUPPORTERS.  Not all Wii fans want online, but a big portion does. 

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6154153.html?sid=6154153&part=rss&subj=6154153
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
I would also like online, but I have to disagree about your comments on Pokemon. What do you care what other people think? Pokemon is a good game... And i loved my high school, You could be handsome, you could be ugly, you could be rich, you could be poor, you could be wearing a pink pokemon backpack or dress in full black with your face painted totally white and have blood stained tatoos in your arms (I had a friend like that)... none gave a S**** .
FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FoxHoundADAM
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
I agree with the OP no mattr what excuses some hardcore fanboys give. Having even a PLAYABLE online service should not be that hard by now but other than LIVE nothing really is that great.
bukato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bukato
I would also like online, but I have to disagree about your comments on Pokemon. What do you care what other people think? Pokemon is a good game... And i loved my high school, You could be handsome, you could be ugly, you could be rich, you could be poor, you could be wearing a pink pokemon backpack or dress in full black with your face painted totally white and blood stained tatoos in your arms... none gave a S**** .loco145
How old are you? like 50? nowadays people care how their potrayed.
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#44 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
I am fine with how online is working right now, and Nintendo is for sure going to approach it differently than Microsoft is. That is a good thing, I don't want to pay for online services.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
[QUOTE="loco145"]I would also like online, but I have to disagree about your comments on Pokemon. What do you care what other people think? Pokemon is a good game... And i loved my high school, You could be handsome, you could be ugly, you could be rich, you could be poor, you could be wearing a pink pokemon backpack or dress in full black with your face painted totally white and blood stained tatoos in your arms... none gave a S**** .bukato
How old are you? like 50? nowadays people care how their potrayed.

LordSasori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LordSasori
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts

bukato

Nintendo has been having problems ever since the n64. Honestly I agree with everything you said 100%. There really is no legitimate excuse for Nintendos actions or lack thereof. And its funny because only fanboys try to defend them. For example I made this suggestion " Why doesnt Nintendo make SOME of the VC games online multiplayer" You know what my responses were? "Omg thats such a dumb idea, no one wants to play mario kart 64 online!!!" I guess fanboys are right that IS such a dumb idea. Its such a dumb idea that more and more xbox users play xbox live arcade. Im sorry but if no one can find the idea of playing Contra or Mario Tennis online fun then they are just crazy.

At this point Im on the verge of just selling my Wii. Nintendo needs to kick it up a notch.
Avatar image for TimeToPartyHard
TimeToPartyHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TimeToPartyHard
Member since 2004 • 1963 Posts
id rather wait for them to hammer out all the bugs and have a flawless online experience from day 1. that's usually how nintendo does everything, you should be used to it, and appreciate it and quit being so impatient. it'll be worth it.
Avatar image for thetwilightwolf
thetwilightwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 thetwilightwolf
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

i'm sorry to say but i'm thinking of geting a xbox360 just cuz the online(and halo) it will be the first not nintendo consol i got. but i will wait a wile for wii to get good online games but i wuz looking at incoming games and it duz not look like theres going to be alot of online games Q1and Q2 of this year. so i think i'm going to go with a wii60. but i still got hope for nintendo with its online.

GO WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ringbling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ringbling
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts
It's a free frickin service, so expect it to take a good long time, and not be nearly as fully featured as Live. Wii and PS3 are going to give you the same value of an online service as they charge for, that being 'free', don't expect much in terms of online play, get a PC or 360 for that.
krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 krystians
Member since 2004 • 3577 Posts
I am not that big on online play. But i rather have great single player games, and wait a while for a good online. Then have online in all the games, and have them poorly made.