KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

-Frame rate is strong with hardly slowdown if at all.

-graphics are actually super close to normal console. actually incredible work by the developers.

-motion controls in the settings menu have the most detailed gyro settings of any switch game even ones made by nintendo themselves.

-Voice chat included without use of app

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Interesting, yet will wait for the final verdict. Pre-builds are always questionable, not just that but those who make these buzz-word statements. Gamespot staff have stated some pretty questionable stuff in the past_

I have Overwatch on P.C. but the community is toxic as hell. It sickens me honestly.

At least on Switch I could play with my friends and a real chat. . this may replace Splatoon 2 as my got-to Switch game.

Hopefully we see this trend of actual chat on Switch in other games moving forward, if we get a MH:World Portable G on Switch I would adore such a feature.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Just goes to show, if the devs put the effort in, games can run/look great on Switch.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I think I might pick this up. Would love to play some handheld OW while laying on the couch.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Always thought these games were suited well to the switch if ported properly.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

this is great news!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I pre-purchased and downloaded it a few days ago.

Overwatch is a great game, and I can't recommend it enough to those of you who might not have played it yet. As far as online FPS games go, it's kind of revitalized that for me. I've been looking forward to being able to play it again, and catch up on more recent changes to the game.

Being able to play at home or on the go is pretty great. And though players will have to start a fresh save file, I'm looking forward to it. (Cosmetics aren't everything anyway.) This will probably be one of the games my Switch Lite gets a lot of playtime out of.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

That's cool and all, but Nintendo's online doesn't work properly. For that reason alone, the Switch version should be by far the worst.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@robert_sparkes: Well suited...why exactly?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KBFloYd

@Litchie said:

That's cool and all, but Nintendo's online doesn't work properly. For that reason alone, the Switch version should be by far the worst.

paladins works fine for me online. the game crashes but it crashes on all consoles. it has voice chat like all the versions. you can invite friends and play with friends. you can chat in as soon as a game starts there is no party chat to talk after the game ends. so thats the only thing missing really from nintendo online. party chat.

you cant type in game either but thats a problem on all console versions. PC would of course be the best but the switch version online is same as any other console.

overwatch will be the same.

performancewise the 30fps is of course what makes it the worst performing version but onlinewise its the same.

the only genre where switch online fails online comapred to others is fighting games. for some reason fighting games lag much worse on nintendo online than the other consoles.

however for shooters or racers you wont tell the difference.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts
@KBFloYd said:
@Litchie said:

1. PC would of course be the best but the switch version online is same as any other console.

2. the only genre where switch online fails online comapred to others is fighting games. for some reason fighting games lag much worse on nintendo online than the other consoles.

3. however for shooters or racers you wont tell the difference.

1. I very highly doubt that, as that would be the first time I see that for a multiplatform game on Switch. Take Rocket League for example. On Switch it's a horrible lagfest where around 1 of 10 matches are playable. Works well on everything except the Switch.

2. If that was true, Mario Maker 2 wouldn't be unplayable online.

3. As a PC and FPS gamer, I think it would take me seconds to notice a difference.

Now, I don't wanna be hasty. Maybe Overwatch works well online on Switch. Haven't tried it myself and never will. But when Nintendo themselves can't make their own biggest games playable online.. yeah.. Doesn't look good.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KBFloYd

@Litchie said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Litchie said:

1. PC would of course be the best but the switch version online is same as any other console.

2. the only genre where switch online fails online comapred to others is fighting games. for some reason fighting games lag much worse on nintendo online than the other consoles.

3. however for shooters or racers you wont tell the difference.

1. I very highly doubt that, as that would be the first time I see that for a multiplatform game on Switch. Take Rocket League for example. On Switch it's a horrible lagfest where around 1 of 10 matches are playable. Works well on everything except the Switch.

2. If that was true, Mario Maker 2 wouldn't be unplayable online.

3. As a PC and FPS gamer, I think it would take me seconds to notice a difference.

Now, I don't wanna be hasty. Maybe Overwatch works well online on Switch. Haven't tried it myself and never will. But when Nintendo themselves can't make their own biggest games playable online.. yeah.. Doesn't look good.

splatoon works well on switch with lag creeping up extremely rarely. paladins is also very nice. mario kart 8 is fine. mario maker 2 is horrible but no other platform has a multiplayer platformer game. So its possible that it wouldnt run right also.

But yea the odds of getting more lag compared to other consoles is higher on switch. But some of the games are the same and play fine.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KBFloYd

a big overwatch youtuber gives his honest opinion.

----basically worst version of the game. and it should only be played in handheld unless you want to torture yourself :I----

ive been playing for the past two days. he says framerate takes huge dips. i havnt experienced anything unplayable or even that bad? i main tank though. zariya right now.

the biggest bug i noticed is killcam doesnt work. the people you are killing are always invisible lol. blizzard should patch it soon.

anyway, everyone knew it would be the worst version however after playing for about 7 hours in the past two days i have no issue to make me stop playing. the youtuber said that paladins was also crap on switch but i also play and win just fine and all my losses is not because of internet.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@KBFloYd: In my opinion, the Switch port is fine. It would be nice if character models loaded in immediately when you start a match like they are supposed to, but I really feel that the game looks and performs fine on the Switch.

I have not played docked yet, but will likely do that one day when I download it on to my home console. I suspect I will still not be nearly as bothered as most of the people who are complaining about the port, though. Simple fact is, look at how great this game is - and look at what it can run on. That is impressive, imo. We've come a long way.

I could see myself buying OW again on the next XBox or Playstation system as well, for that "full" experience, but really the Switch version fills the void for me.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KBFloYd

just as i thought. the framerate isnt bad. that guy was wrong. however DF says it drops more in handheld mode. but still is you see it holds pretty much 30. although it has frame pacing issues which i dont really notice honestly.

DF says the motion controls dont work well. i can see why he said that. it took me 40min of messing around to get it right. much more complicated to set up than any other switch game. he must of given up after 10min or something.

Loading Video...

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Eh, I'll stick with Paladins.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

The absolute last place I'm going to play an online shooter is on the switch, no thanks.