OMG! Suicidal Moment!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts

In... Out... ahh...

Wow. I just had an absolutely crazy moment starring my DSi that almost killed me. Just minutes ago my DSi was completely unresponsive to touch and D-pad controls. No matter what I did I could not get it to work. I was so freaked! I looked on the Nintendo.com website for troubleshooters and all throughout Bing but could not find my answer to my problem. Nintendo said "if it doesn't have anything to do with your game inside, then send it in for repairs" (basically, your screwed). Luckily I had the bright idea to remove the screen protector I had recently placed on it and tah-duh! (duh.) everything worked fine again. :)

This was the honest to god most terrifying moment I ever had with any DS. So as a reply, what is the most heart-stopping, terrifying moment you have ever had with your Nintendo DS?

P.S. Don't ever buy unofficial screen protectors.

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

if that was a suicidal moment for you, i'd love to see what you're like in an actual crisis :)

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

Does your dsi work with hori brand screen protectors?

-Beatz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 -Beatz-
Member since 2006 • 2677 Posts

My DS broke from one part of it's case, so when I closed and later opened it, it kind of, the part where the crack was opened wide.

It's in repairs currently, and will be coming back to my household in 5 days.

oldmanriver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oldmanriver1
Member since 2009 • 726 Posts

When I threw my ds down (yep smart move that) and I saw a little bit of plastic fly off. The hinge had broken. Luckily it still works though.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Kids and their toys.... :P

if that was a suicidal moment for you, i'd love to see what you're like in an actual crisis :)

fluffy_kins
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Same thing happened with me. My DS Lite's touch screen went bersek, because of the touch screen protectors, and I thought that the LCD was leaking or something... buy, was I scared
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

bahahah thats nothing compared to my scariest moment! It wouldnt even get my heart rate up if that stuff happened to me lol. Heres me story:

So I was taking my DSi apart to see if I had what it takes to case mod it. I was disconnecting a couple of the orange tape things from the white connectors that connect it with the circuit board. Then I put it back together and turned it on and the top screen wasfine but the bottom screen was just white :o. It lit up and everything but I couldnt see any images etc. So I took it apart and pushed the connecters back together etc and it worked :P.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

fluffy_kins
Same here lol
giga_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 giga_yeti
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts
One day when I was playing megaman ZX Advent, and my L button stopped working. I tried blowing on it, but it didn't work. so i turned it off, left it alone do something else. Later, I came back, and my screen started messing up, then it shut off (It was full power). when I tried to turn it back on it shut back off with a flash. I deduced it was a faulty wire because the top screen was acting funny. Luckily, I had warranty, and I got a gift card for $140, and I payed 40 extra dollars for a dsi! I like the dsi better than ds lite. so now I'm Happy :D
Chopinist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chopinist
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

09:06:07

My DS was charging via the chord and my brother walked and his leg caght the chord and the DS went FLYING.......

brought me chills..... i was scared to even check if it's okay

worst part is, he says it was nothing and just resorted at swearing at me for kicking the DS i bought with my own limited money..... he could've atleast apologized lol xD

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

It's funny how some people can over react, like how I can get a panic attack if I can't find my TV remote.

staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

My worst DSmomentwas when my sister left my fat DS (a launch DS too might I add)with New Super Mario Bros in it in a hotel room never to be found again.

Yeah.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
Samething happend to me once to. I just sat there paralized for like 20 seconds :lol:. I have also had my DSi crash twice, still don't know why it did, it just stops responding all together...you cant even turn it off. I had to wait for a minute or two till it could turn it off. If it happens again I'm sending it in...
Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

Mine was when my son, he was 2 at the time, apparently got a hold of mine. Just imagine my suprise when I walked into the bathroom to find my DS in the toilet.

No I am not making this up and No my DS did not work any longer.