Officialo Wii unlimted supply date

This topic is locked from further discussion.

youmademyday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 youmademyday
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
Is there any official date and when is it going to be?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No, it's impossible

How could they possibly know when they'd meet demand enough to have a surplus?

MooCowRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MooCowRocks
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts
..You can't have an unlimited supply.
Xelioth1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Xelioth1
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts
it's not like they're sitting at their desks over in japan thinking "hey, let's NOT sell as many Wiis as we can. instead, let's only put out half that many so that no one can buy our product and we don't make as much money." they'll meet demand whenever people stop wanting them. the only way you can have a date to that is if you go around door-to-door to every person on the planet and ask if they want a wii or not. then find out the exact production rate for Wiis, and figure out how long it'll take to satisfy all those people.
BET8390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BET8390
Member since 2006 • 4193 Posts
it's not like they're sitting at their desks over in japan thinking "hey, let's NOT sell as many Wiis as we can. instead, let's only put out half that many so that no one can buy our product and we don't make as much money." they'll meet demand whenever people stop wanting them. the only way you can have a date to that is if you go around door-to-door to every person on the planet and ask if they want a wii or not. then find out the exact production rate for Wiis, and figure out how long it'll take to satisfy all those people.Xelioth1
to tell you the truth I do think that thats what they are doing. I mean seriously think about it, if they keep supply at a steady flow they will always sell out and people will generate hype about it because technically its a "hott" item. In contrst if they put out too much everyone who wants one will be satisfued and that'll be the end of it, sales will just fall down from there and they'll be just over flowing and then retailler will hjave to start selling them for cheap because there will be an abundance and N will loose because of that. Ofcourse it has adverse effects to the market like scalprer but all in all the pros out weight the cons.
Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Roland1987
Member since 2004 • 3038 Posts

it's not like they're sitting at their desks over in japan thinking "hey, let's NOT sell as many Wiis as we can. instead, let's only put out half that many so that no one can buy our product and we don't make as much money." they'll meet demand whenever people stop wanting them. the only way you can have a date to that is if you go around door-to-door to every person on the planet and ask if they want a wii or not. then find out the exact production rate for Wiis, and figure out how long it'll take to satisfy all those people.Xelioth1

While i'm not saying it is some conspiracy but really, i think the lack of supply is at least partially created by Nintendo...the Wii has been out for over a year there really is no reason for Nintendo to be unable to meet demand (but hey, i like it, i got my Wii at launch and have since purchased 4 Wiis for resale (including 2 this past holiday season)