Ocarina of Time VC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 s-baller23
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
Hey guys, I've never played a Zelda game before then I played Phantom Hourglass for DS and LOVED it! Is it worth getting Ocarina on Virtual Console without the rumble? I mean are you still able to find treasure?
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts

Glad to hear you enjoyed Phantom Hourglass. The rest of the games in the Zelda series are also worth your time.

As for Ocarina of Time, it's a masterpiece, so check it out. Oh, and your question about the lack of rumble on the VC, I am not sure of the answer. I haven't played the game on the VC.

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
May I also suggest you try Wind Waker in that case. I have a very dear spot in my heart for that game, it has its problems, but over all it is such a wonderful game. Happens to be my favorite Zelda game, which in turn makes it my favorite game ever.
s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 s-baller23
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
Yes I will absolutely try WW. I love cel-shaded graphics so much. I'm still worried about the Stone of Agony though in OoT.
-Sole-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 -Sole-
Member since 2008 • 301 Posts

Ocarina of Time is a must play/own game. I honestly don't know about the rumble issue with the VC version, but if you're using a wavebird it won't matter anyways.

If you're really concerned about the Stone of Agony, you could buy the collectr's disc. It's for the Gamecube and I know for a fact that the rumble works because I have the collector's disc!

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
Someone new to Zelda? What a joyous occasion. You should definitly get OoT and try out ALL of the Zelda games. The rumble in OoT doesn't matter.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
Just because u liked phantom hour glass doesn mean ur gunna like OoT but if u do like OoT u'll probably like the rest
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
nope, the stone of agony doesnt work= no treasure. lucky for me i have the collectors disk too
muscle_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 muscle_shark
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts
i played ocarina of time on n64 with rumble pack and on the VC. personally i dont think it matters not having a rumble pack. the game is awesome, you should get it
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
OoT is a masterpiece.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

I don't think missing the Stone Of Agony is really going to matter that much.

Yes get this game though. It is still my fav of all time as is great. I have it on the Game Cube disk that came if you preorderd Wind Waker and I loved it.

COKTAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 COKTAL
Member since 2008 • 622 Posts
Yeah, this was my first Zelda game I beat and I loved it!! I'm thinking about trying TP once I'm finished with GHWT. But yeah, it's a great game and worth every cent. I first played it after downloading it, and I've replayed it atleast twice.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
The vibration in OOT is only for holes in the ground so its not that big off a deal unless you want 100% then just use a guide for the few spots.
tommy--F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tommy--F
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts
Just get the Collecter's Edition GameCube version off of eBay - you get rumble + Master Quest
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

Phantom Hourglass had alot of elements from Wind Waker, but it also felt kind of like A Link to the Past. I'm sure you'd like either of them.

My favorite Zelda is Twilight Princess,it may start off slow for the first couple hours, but once it picks up you have 45-55 hours of gaming awesomeness.

OoT is a game that every gamer should play. If you take a step back and look at gaming as a whole OoT is one of those landmark titles. And don't worry about the 'rumble' feature, it really doesn't matter much.

The ony reason I would be relectant to suggest Ocarina of Time is that it is the most 'Hardcore' of the games mentioned above, and Phantom Hourglass is the most "Softcore" of the games mentioned above, so yeah.

Cheezy-Beezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Cheezy-Beezy
Member since 2007 • 1329 Posts

May I also suggest you try Wind Waker in that case. I have a very dear spot in my heart for that game, it has its problems, but over all it is such a wonderful game. Happens to be my favorite Zelda game, which in turn makes it my favorite game ever.Cesar_Barba

Yea WW is badass i like it better than OoT but thats my opinion. But Oot is still a great game so u should get both

Lynx777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lynx777
Member since 2008 • 631 Posts

just get windwaker, download majora's mask (if its out) and a link to the past on vc.

OoT is kinda overrated. its good, but not that good.

Cheezy-Beezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Cheezy-Beezy
Member since 2007 • 1329 Posts

just get windwaker, download majora's mask (if its out) and a link to the past on vc.

Lynx777

OoT is still good but if ur going to get a few get WW and ALTTP my favorite zelda games

Lynx777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lynx777
Member since 2008 • 631 Posts
[QUOTE="Lynx777"]

Cheezy-Beezy

OoT is still good but if ur going to get a few get WW and ALTTP my favorite zelda games

I agree. It is good. Its just that there are better zelda games available.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
I would go with the Wind Waker instead of Ocarina of Time. I'm not saying it is better (i'd say they tie) but if you started off with the cel shaded graphics of Phantom Hourglass you might fit better with Wind Waker. Plus Wind Waker is the sequel to Phantom Hourglass so I would be good to see how the story was started.
MFmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#21 MFmotion
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

Zelda Oot Best Game Ever, I like all of them, Majora's Mask is really good with a wierd story, Wind Waker surprisingly good and Twilight Princess which I thick is the most regular of all of them.

Try all of them, you will be fascinated.

_.-_

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 garrett_duffman

Just get the Collecter's Edition GameCube version off of eBay - you get rumble + Master Questtommy--F

collectors edition has no master quest. master quest is its own bundle (wich has a bunch of demos, collectors dick has alot of LOZ games )

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

May I also suggest you try Wind Waker in that case. I have a very dear spot in my heart for that game, it has its problems, but over all it is such a wonderful game. Happens to be my favorite Zelda game, which in turn makes it my favorite game ever.Cesar_Barba

And if you cant find it just wait for the Wii-make.

rafasosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rafasosa
Member since 2007 • 22835 Posts

[QUOTE="tommy--F"]Just get the Collecter's Edition GameCube version off of eBay - you get rumble + Master Questgarrett_duffman

collectors edition has no master quest. master quest is its own bundle (wich has a bunch of demos, collectors dick has alot of LOZ games )

Actually that is wrong, the collector's edition that came with Wind Waker has Master Quest, I know this because I have the disc.

On topic Ocarina of Time is considered the best videogame ever (according to several gamers and one or two internet sites that I have seen) so I don't think it's a bad idea getting it if you don't have it.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]May I also suggest you try Wind Waker in that case. I have a very dear spot in my heart for that game, it has its problems, but over all it is such a wonderful game. Happens to be my favorite Zelda game, which in turn makes it my favorite game ever.darkmark91

And if you cant find it just wait for the Wii-make.

the wiimake for WW is just a huge rumor. it hasnt been confirmed

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#26 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
Hey guys, I've never played a Zelda game before then I played Phantom Hourglass for DS and LOVED it! Is it worth getting Ocarina on Virtual Console without the rumble? I mean are you still able to find treasure?s-baller23
The stone of agony is not an issue at all. The game look great for the time it has been. You should also try the rest of the family, like Link to the past. I started with OoT in the N64, now I'm grateful I was able to revive and get to know the origins of the series in the VC. Good luck!
gronk-bonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gronk-bonk
Member since 2008 • 1951 Posts

Hey guys, I've never played a Zelda game before then I played Phantom Hourglass for DS and LOVED it! Is it worth getting Ocarina on Virtual Console without the rumble? I mean are you still able to find treasure?s-baller23

ur lucky that u will be able to play oot again for the first i wish i can relive that feeling

bobsarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bobsarcasm
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts
I generally don't like Zelda games, I just don't feel compelled to finish them. I did love Ocarina of Time and Phantom Hourglass though. Not sure if there's a corellation, but still.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts
You should try Wind Waker. It's my favorite Zelda game. I actually disliked Phantom Hourglass. It was the weakest Zelda game I have played. Any other zelda from A Link to the Past onward should be god-like to you if you enjoyed Phantom Hourglass
CharlieStinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CharlieStinks
Member since 2006 • 198 Posts
i'm surprised they didn't add in some kind of on screen notification for the Stone Of Agony atleast. It seems like they go out of their way to recreate the exact experiences. for example in the NES game Startropics, there was a page in the original manual where you dunk it in water and it reveals a hint. they went out of their way to program that into the e-manual for the vc.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

[QUOTE="tommy--F"]Just get the Collecter's Edition GameCube version off of eBay - you get rumble + Master Questrafasosa

Actually that is wrong, the collector's edition that came with Wind Waker has Master Quest, I know this because I have the disc.

On topic Ocarina of Time is considered the best videogame ever (according to several gamers and one or two internet sites that I have seen) so I don't think it's a bad idea getting it if you don't have it.

wow really? with LOZ 1,2 OoT and MM right?

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
[QUOTE="rafasosa"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

[QUOTE="tommy--F"]Just get the Collecter's Edition GameCube version off of eBay - you get rumble + Master Questgarrett_duffman

yes and even a wind waker demo I think.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

The rumble pack is only used for the aforementioned Stone of Agony and during fishing (you'd feel the fish tug.) You can still find the secrets without the Stone of Agony (Lens of Truth and natural curiosity i.e. if you see a boulder, blow it up, smash it, or lift it) and you can still fish well without rumble feedback.

It was a tacked-on feature to begin with. Having that limited rumble feature wouldn't enhance your experience in the slightest, I don't think. Just get it on VC. It's not worth the effort tracking down the special GC version.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="rafasosa"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

[QUOTE="tommy--F"]Just get the Collecter's Edition GameCube version off of eBay - you get rumble + Master Questpjacobson21

well i feel gipped... why would your have it but mine not?

Josh5890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Josh5890
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
PLAY OCARINA OF TIME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#36 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I still have my N64 and Zelda Oot and I have the Rumble Pack and I never use it - This game is the best Zelda game ever so the rumble is a no need!

Have Fun!

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts
........................ You........never...played ..OOT.....*faints*
jomaster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jomaster007
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts

trust me, just get it, you will not be disapointed

Sailor_MoonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sailor_MoonFan
Member since 2008 • 1134 Posts
Go with Ocarina of Time.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="pjacobson21"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="rafasosa"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

well i feel gipped... why would your have it but mine not?

okay, ive been looking this game up all night and i can not find a version of the collectors disk that has Master quest...

the only thing ive found is master quest with a bunch of demos... and colectors disk with me master quest...