Not a fan of Metroid Prime 3. Am I alone here?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

Ugh, I was so disappointed. It was not the controls, because those were fantastic. The boss battles were amazing and the combat could be pretty fun at times. The game was also incredibly atmospheric. However, my problems with this game are:

-Damn, this game takes itself WAY too seriously. There is not a touch of humor and it is all about saving the galaxy from a plot that is... well, that is my next point.

-Really derivative. Save the galaxy from a darkness which is incidentally caused by your unexplained alter-ego.

-Terrible dialogue. It was simply, "Do this. Good job, Samus. Now do this. Nice work, Samus. Do this," etc.

-Awful voice acting. There is a reason why most Nintendo games go without voice acting, this game is one of them. Ugh, it was like they took random members of the studio and told them to read the lines off an index card. There was no expression and it was completely detatched from the events.

-CONTRIVED! CONTRIVED! CONTRIVED! Good god. The puzzles were amusing, but they were so contrived I was laughing my ass off. It was like the pirates designed their fortress with Samus's infiltration in mind. The space pirate leaders must have sat down and said, "Let's design all of our strongholds with ventilation shafts which perfectly fit for Samus's morph ball. Let's also allow all of our hand-print locks work for Samus's hand even though our clawed hands are completely different from Samus's hand. Let's also design all of our lock mechnisms and security overrides to be activated and deactivated by Samus's morphball. And just to help her out, let's make elevators in all of the shafts for her. We can also give her zip-lines and canons for her morphball. Also, whenever our guardians (bosses) are damaged, let the hatch to their core open up for free shots from Samus." Ugh, that was a long rant. But I just couldn't get past the contrivances of this game's puzzles and events.

-Back tracking. Jesus Christ. What was with that?! You had to complete one small objective on planet B, after you fought through half the dungeon. Then fight back through the dungeon to your ship, go back to planet A to find a conveniently (see contrived rant) placed object which incidently allows you to open a door on planet B. Fight your way back through planet A so you may get on your ship and repeat planet B to open a door which was previously locked. God, I don't mind back tracking when it is implemented properly like in Legend of Zelda. But this was completely unnecessary. On the bright side, I now will never be disturbed by back tracking again, because it cannot be any worse than in MP3. Similar to when I saw Hostel II and I now will never be disturbed by any amount of blood and gore and horrific on-screen acts.

-Corny ending *Spoiler, kinda.*

As Samus flies past the federation ship, she does that silly thumbs up to the captain. Good god, that was like a cheesy 80s action movie ending. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair.

I could probably think of a few other things, like being unable to blast certain objects with rockets, but your morph ball's concussive blast can destroy it. In closing, there are some good aspects to MP3 and I am impressed with how Nintendo built the whole game around the Wii's controlls. Unfortunatly, I wish they had applied this formula to a better game. /sigh

I still have Okami and Twilight Princess to play. Hopefully they will be much better than Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

jfkunrendered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 jfkunrendered
Member since 2005 • 8298 Posts
These are all problems I had with the game too.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#3 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
im with ya too man...disappointing way to end the series (have a short review for the game)
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

Ugh, I was so disappointed. It was not the controls, because those were fantastic. The boss battles were amazing and the combat could be pretty fun at times. The game was also incredibly atmospheric. However, my problems with this game are:

-Damn, this game takes itself WAY too seriously. There is not a touch of humor and it is all about saving the galaxy from a plot that is... well, that is my next point. (I don't want to see any humor in any Metroid game, EVARZZZZ!!!)

-Really derivative. Save the galaxy from a darkness which is incidentally caused by your unexplained alter-ego. (Alter-ego? I guess that is debatable, but I lean more towards a mess left behind by the Omega Metroid. Besides, most fans know where Dark Samus comes from)

-Terrible dialogue. It was simply, "Do this. Good job, Samus. Now do this. Nice work, Samus. Do this," etc.

-Awful voice acting. There is a reason why most Nintendo games go without voice acting, this game is one of them. Ugh, it was like they took random members of the studio and told them to read the lines off an index card. There was no expression and it was completely detatched from the events. (I've heard, much, and I do mean, much worse)

-CONTRIVED! CONTRIVED! CONTRIVED! Good god. The puzzles were amusing, but they were so contrived I was laughing my ass off. It was like the pirates designed their fortress with Samus's infiltration in mind. The space pirate leaders must have sat down and said, "Let's design all of our strongholds with ventilation shafts which perfectly fit for Samus's morph ball. Let's also allow all of our hand-print locks work for Samus's hand even though our clawed hands are completely different from Samus's hand. Let's also design all of our lock mechnisms and security overrides to be activated and deactivated by Samus's morphball. And just to help her out, let's make elevators in all of the shafts for her. We can also give her zip-lines and canons for her morphball. Also, whenever our guardians (bosses) are damaged, let the hatch to their core open up for free shots from Samus." Ugh, that was a long rant. But I just couldn't get past the contrivances of this game's puzzles and events. (Here you go)

-Back tracking. Jesus Christ. What was with that?! You had to complete one small objective on planet B, after you fought through half the dungeon. Then fight back through the dungeon to your ship, go back to planet A to find a conveniently (see contrived rant) placed object which incidently allows you to open a door on planet B. Fight your way back through planet A so you may get on your ship and repeat planet B to open a door which was previously locked. God, I don't mind back tracking when it is implemented properly like in Legend of Zelda. But this was completely unnecessary. On the bright side, I now will never be disturbed by back tracking again, because it cannot be any worse than in MP3. Similar to when I saw Hostel II and I now will never be disturbed by any amount of blood and gore and horrific on-screen acts.

As Samus flies past the federation ship, she does that silly thumbs up to the captain. Good god, that was like a cheesy 80s action movie ending. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair. (Sure it was corny, but to LOL at that, that's a little too much)

I could probably think of a few other things, like being unable to blast certain objects with rockets, but your morph ball's concussive blast can destroy it. (It is explained why certain weapons will open certain doors if you read about their material build) In closing, there are some good aspects to MP3 and I am impressed with how Nintendo built the whole game around the Wii's controlls. Unfortunatly, I wish they had applied this formula to a better game. /sigh

I still have Okami and Twilight Princess to play. Hopefully they will be much better than Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

GSU28
presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
I wasn't crazy about it, but thought it was good. I see what you're saying, but having grown up with Metroid games, I guess I just take those things as a given.
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

I love the game. I consider it my game of 2007.

I guess why parts of the game were cheesey and contrived was due to how nintendo wants to keep the game "toned down" Retro studios probably had some good ideas but they knew nintendo wouldn't of agreed. the backtracking was awful and is something I hated since the first prime. i also hated how you had to rip off some armor, get a few shots in, then the armor comes back up and you have to run around killing the bosses.

The unexplained alter ego was explained in the first 2 metroid prime games. I'm guessing you didnt play the other two on gamcube. so to say anything was unexplained is ignorance on your part.

as for humor........it doesn't need humor. I dont remember any metroid game being humorous. its a sci-fi adventure game. take it for what its worth.

KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts
it was an awesome game IMO 9/10.
abephroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 abephroman
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

I liked the game very much, it was in fact the first Wii game that I finished. I was addicted to the game. Most of the Metroid games seem built just for Samus to infiltrate. But looking for those "ventilation shafts" is challenging and fun if you don't use a walkthough or guide. It's hard for me to believe some people that say they get 100% all on their own. I got about 80% than I used a FAQ for the rest.

And the voiceover does leave a little to be desired.

KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

I liked the game very much, it was in fact the first Wii game that I finished. I was addicted to the game. Most of the Metroid games seem built just for Samus to infiltrate. But looking for those "ventilation shafts" is challenging and fun if you don't use a walkthough or guide. It's hard for me to believe some people that say they get 100% all on their own. I got about 80% than I used a FAQ for the rest.

And the voiceover does leave a little to be desired.

abephroman

its easy because you can see what items youre missing.

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
it was a great game, that had some problems...but then again name me a video game that doesn't have some kind of problem though.
Fatkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Fatkiwi
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

And yet you still gave it an 8?

Voice acting was good and it had emotions. 9/10 IMO.

irk529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 irk529
Member since 2005 • 235 Posts
I agree 100% I absolutely love Metroid Prime....echoes was okay....and then this was like WHAT THE HECK!!! I personally think they could have ended the series WAY better!
napp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 napp123
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

I agree, Nintendo messed this one up bad. I wish it had mp, I know they wanted a goo sp , but after prime hunters...

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

11/10

GOTY 2007.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I thought Metroid Prime 3 was a superb title.The biggest flaw I had with the game was that the doors took much too long to load,resulting in some frustration and break from the immersion.

EDIT: And the final boss was a bit anticlimactic.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Metroid Prime 3 was beautiful IMO.

-Cheesy story/Dialogue: Totally true, but you should have been reading the excellent lore, which really should have been the only story in the game IMO. (And this is MP3 genius, if you don't know where Dark Samus came from check the previous games or read it on Wikipedia like I did)

-VA: I didn't think the voice acting was that bad even if it was somewhat bland and uninspired. But maybe it's just because I've played Baten Kaitos.

-Contrived: How else is the game supposed to be a game? "Uh-oh, I guess none of my weapon upgrades work in this area. Nothing I can do." That wouldn't be a game, there would be no puzzles, and Metroid would be reduced to corridor shooting.

-Backtracking: Every time you got a new weapon tons of new places opened up, giving you more options to explore. Not to mention that many places had hidden shortcuts. Metroid is known for its backtracking, if you don't like it then don't play it.

Dwarfeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dwarfeater
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts
Metriod Prime 3 was alright for me. It was really fun in the beginning but I began to tire of it after about 10 hours. However though, I did finish it in 15 hours.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

-Damn, this game takes itself WAY too seriously. There is not a touch of humor and it is all about saving the galaxy from a plot that is... well, that is my next point.

-Really derivative. Save the galaxy from a darkness which is incidentally caused by your unexplained alter-ego.

-Awful voice acting. There is a reason why most Nintendo games go without voice acting, this game is one of them. Ugh, it was like they took random members of the studio and told them to read the lines off an index card. There was no expression and it was completely detatched from the events.

-CONTRIVED! CONTRIVED! CONTRIVED! Good god. The puzzles were amusing, but they were so contrived I was laughing my ass off. It was like the pirates designed their fortress with Samus's infiltration in mind. The space pirate leaders must have sat down and said, "Let's design all of our strongholds with ventilation shafts which perfectly fit for Samus's morph ball. Let's also allow all of our hand-print locks work for Samus's hand even though our clawed hands are completely different from Samus's hand. Let's also design all of our lock mechnisms and security overrides to be activated and deactivated by Samus's morphball. And just to help her out, let's make elevators in all of the shafts for her. We can also give her zip-lines and canons for her morphball. Also, whenever our guardians (bosses) are damaged, let the hatch to their core open up for free shots from Samus." Ugh, that was a long rant. But I just couldn't get past the contrivances of this game's puzzles and events.

As Samus flies past the federation ship, she does that silly thumbs up to the captain. Good god, that was like a cheesy 80s action movie ending. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair.

I could probably think of a few other things, like being unable to blast certain objects with rockets, but your morph ball's concussive blast can destroy it. In closing, there are some good aspects to MP3 and I am impressed with how Nintendo built the whole game around the Wii's controlls. Unfortunatly, I wish they had applied this formula to a better game. /sigh

GSU28

The things in red is what I disagree with. Laughed my ass off when the Space Pirate at the beginning fell into space and hit a federation ship.

Dark Samus was explained she didn't just apear out of the blue, and there was really any darkness that you have to save the universe from it was radioactive mutagen. The darkness story was in MP2 with a split dimension "Dark Aether".

Very good voice acting but I do agree some of the dialouge was a bit off.

Backtracking?!?! Are you serious! What game were you playing maybe the 1st metroid Prime game. MP3 was very very linear a 3 year old could beat it. the game tells you where are the hidden expansion packs our and tells you exactly what to do. It pratically holds you hand every step of the way. I mean sure you had to go back and forth a little bit but not nearly as much as in MP1 if you wanted 100%.

This game was the shortest of the 3 Mp1 (100% logs and expansions 13 hours) Mp2 (100% 17 hours) Mp3 (100% 10 hours).

Being so linear and the shortness are my only real beefs to an other wise superb game.

Oh and I've seen worser movies than hostel. Hostel looked really fake, and was actually pretty stupid.I can't believed it was hyped to be the most disturbing movie out there, I didn't flinch once through it.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
It isn't a game for everybody. I did quite enjoy it, but the ending wasn't really a reward for completing it. I think Retro should have made you escape from the planet yourself as everything collapsed around you. It should have been a lot more epic IMO.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
When I first started playing Prime 3 I thought it was so awesome but after playing it for a while I thought a lot of it was pretty boring and corny as well. I was a lot different for Twilight Princess though. I thought the beginning of it sucked and that it gradually got better.
Super_Ska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Super_Ska
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

Yeah, I can't even finish it. I guess it's just not my type of game.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

you can count the backtracking parts in that game with your hand :?

pppjjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pppjjj
Member since 2004 • 1094 Posts

GSU28
Lmao i have to agree with some of the things you said.
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GSU28

And yet you still gave it an 8?

Voice acting was good and it had emotions. 9/10 IMO.

Fatkiwi

Wow.

Listen, I understand why people can love this game. There are some truly great aspects, though there were a lot of holes in the game that I just couldn't leap over. Also I didn't mean that I wanted this to be a comedy, by wanting humor in it. But the game never had a light hearted moment, whereas even in COD4 and Halo 3 it is not all Doom and Gloom. Especially with a plot that was not original or interesting enough to warrant such a serious take on the events.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GSU28

you can count the backtracking parts in that game with your hand :?

JuarN18

Sure, if you used stem cells to grow a couple more limbs.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
I need to finish playing this game... I got board with it after 4 hours. It's too much like the first two.
crazymaghie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 crazymaghie123
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts

GSU28

Lol, ok so I haven't played the game but I have played the original and I found your commentary so funny..especially how the pirates just make the puzzles/roller holes like they were born for samus

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts
I still sadly find Super Metroid to be better than the newer ones.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

I`m not a fan, I dislike MP for GC with all my heart, was one same room after the other... BUT this one was pretty good, one of my tops recommendation. It has a couple of stuff that I did not get and had to go online to read about it (I never play a metroid game after SNES, try GC, but we already know how that went :P )

So..anyway... The game is pretty good, and the puzzle and why stuff happens would make a lot more sense to non-newcomers of the series i guess. The voice acting was pretty good, imho

BTW: CesarBarba: :lol: OMG that fanart was hillarious... :lol: I`m bookmarking it to show to a friend tomorrow... :lol:

I still sadly find Super Metroid to be better than the newer ones.zaku101

I think tah that is just theold-school feeling/nostalgic. Even thus it was a great game, a clasic the ones now have a bit more. But I guess that it would be like Super CV 4 or SotN or CotM to me... :oops:

anyway, just trying to say, yea.. I know what you mean... :oops:

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts
i've tried to get into this game several times. no matter what i do, i just can't seem to find interest in the stories or characters. The world seems dull (though graphicallly gorgeous), and the enemies are like something that stepped out of Coded Arms for the PSP. The boss battles are amazing, but not enough to play the game all the way through. I'm hoping my thoughts on the game change before I get antsy and trade it in. I hate getting games I don't like.
Cowmanik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cowmanik
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

I still sadly find Super Metroid to be better than the newer ones.zaku101
As do I. Super Metroid is just plain awesome, the difficulty increased consistently throughout the game as any good game's does, and it was truely epic in scale.

My problems with all of the later Metroid games is that they are short and easy. Yes I've tried the harder difficulties and all they do make the early bosses less easy.

OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

-Damn, this game takes itself WAY too seriously.

GSU28

You take this game WAY too seriously.

When I play a game, I don't usually over analyze everything like you've done. Also, all those 'flaws' you mentioned can be found in almost every game.

king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 king-kill33
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
i was able to overlook half that stuff, and the other half made the game a metroid game
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
I hated the first two. I do not intend to play this one.
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#36 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts
I love that game is one of my all time favorites, the only flaw i found was the doors taking too long to open and that it wasn't as hard as other metroid games
MrMartinLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 MrMartinLee
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts

No quotes of TC here, but most of those complaints are pretty minor, and the kind of thing that all video games have to have in order to be playable. Backtracking is less in this game than in the first two Metroid Prime games, and Space Pirate technology has always been compatible with Samus' morphball. That's a big part of the Metroid series.

I'm just grateful that none of your complaints was about the lack of online multiplayer... way to focus on the actual game!

Metroid Prime 3 is one of my favorite games ever, although it is not my favorite Metroid game... if you want to like it but find yourself slightly let down, I suggest you try the original Metroid Prime, or download Super Metroid. Both are amazing, and may get you more excited about the rest of the series. Still, you're entitled to your opinion, and you articulated it well, so thanks for that.

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#38 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts
Great game, but sadly I can't get myself to beat it.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

I;m sorry there buddy, but your complaints show how narrow minded you are and also reviele that you are inept at noticing quality game design. Humor? Um...are you serious? You felt a problem with the game is that it's lacking humor? When it comes to saving the friggin galaxy? Wow, it's possible I just can't even converse with an intelect as trite as that.

Everything about your post + you = Epic Fail.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts
[QUOTE="GSU28"]

-Damn, this game takes itself WAY too seriously.

OniStrat

You take this game WAY too seriously.

When I play a game, I don't usually over analyze everything like you've done. Also, all those 'flaws' you mentioned can be found in almost every game.

You are astoundingly correct sir! I like the way you think. It's not wrong :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#41 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

I have not played any metroid game except MP3 but from what I've gathered, the backtracking has been toned down significantly in this game compared to previous titles. I think that's a Metroid trademark is the backtracking and exploration.

I didn't have a beef with the voice acting. I thought it was acceptable.

The story worked for the kind of game it was, derivative or not.

This game mainly appeals to the completist gamer, i.e. those individuals who strive to finish a game with 100%. It's as if the developers had this in mind when designing levels, gameplay mechanics and item placement. If you're a tourist gamer (see the sights, beat the boss, call it a day) you won't get nearly as much enjoyment out of the title as said completist.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#42 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Terrible Voice Acting? What?

The only serious complaint i understand is 5 - even that isnt a big issue.
Fen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fen85
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Whoops, thread necromancy. I do apologise.
AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#45 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts
I know that Metroid is popular, but I'm going to have to agree with most of what you've said, at least for Metroid Prime Hunters. I haven't played the new Metroid, but I'm not sure I want to after looking at this and a bunch of other stuff. ;)
Fen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fen85
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

It's not a bad game; I'd still recommend getting it. But there's just so many little irritating things in it like what's been mentioned. It could have been jaw-droppingly uber if they'd just gone a bit further with it.

[/ungrateful moaning]

:P

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I loved the game. It started out strong and fast but just got better. Good storyline and great controls.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
Even though it's an old thread that got bumped I must say the "puzzles too contrived" argument was funny. Last time I checked I think it's a video game?
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
I bought it a few week ago, and I enjoy it....one of the best games on the Wii that people should buy
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I loved the game. It's my second favorite of the Prime series. Nothing tops the original.