Nintendo's New System

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlackDragon110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BlackDragon110
Member since 2003 • 458 Posts

It's 2009 now and if all things hold up Nintendo will release their new system in 2011. Rumblings have been going around that Big N's next new system would once again forsake cutting-edge technology for something more current like the Wii does now. This sparked a debate among a few of my friends as to what these specs would be. So I thought I would pose that very same question here and see what you all think Nintendo's new game machine will have under the hood.

Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
honestly with nintendo Im not sure what the specs would be but I just hope the next system has some better online capabilities
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
why the hell would they release a new system by 2011? they didnt even release new colors.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Dude why don't you just take the time to enjoy this gen?
Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts
I think that with all the money that they have they could at least make an effort to put in a hard-drive. An improvement with graphics would be nice, but nothing too huge. Probably stick with the Wiimotes but maybe make them sleeker, and make Wii-Motion Plus a standard build in. A better designed online would be great with a better online gaming system (No Friend Codes or something similar but better implemented the friend codes!). The could probably shell out for more colours. and mabey HD (probably optional). That's all really.
lilmax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lilmax25
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
the wii is just starting why would you allready want another console to come out? in my opinion nintendo should wait longer to release the new console, even though its not coming out until 2011.
AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#8 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts
I hope it's not just a remake of the Wii.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I hope it's not just a remake of the Wii.AjaxNeron
lol I can see it now. "Wii: Wiimake"
Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts
I forgot to mention backwards compatabiliy. But I'm currently enjoying my Wii, and with the slew of awsome games this year, I think the next Nintendo console will still be a while off yet (Probably longer then 2011, maybe 2013/2014).
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#11 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
My theories; Wireless everything, more downloadable content than ever (including new releases and 'Cube & Wii titles), synch to everything currently Nintendo, slightly more focus on console as a media centre, motion-controls and traditional controls resolved into a working hybrid, controllers to be more "stand-alone" unit than ever (with heaps of storage and user-connectedness)...
AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#12 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="AjaxNeron"]I hope it's not just a remake of the Wii.ZumaJones07
lol I can see it now. "Wii: Wiimake"

Haha! XD

Yeah, that would suck.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#13 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
...and the best third-party support they've ever had.
JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

why the hell would they release a new system by 2011? they didnt even release new colors.BrunoBRS

this wasn't my reasoning at first, but now that I've read yours I'll agree..............lol

:)

bestibomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bestibomber
Member since 2009 • 659 Posts

It's 2009 now and if all things hold up Nintendo will release their new system in 2011. Rumblings have been going around that Big N's next new system would once again forsake cutting-edge technology for something more current like the Wii does now. This sparked a debate among a few of my friends as to what these specs would be. So I thought I would pose that very same question here and see what you all think Nintendo's new game machine will have under the hood.

BlackDragon110
Nintendo will probably make a total new system
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
2011 is to soon.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
How about this amazing "new" thing called a hard drive. Nintendo being the good-hearted fellas they are will make a stronger attempt to appeal to everyone, not just family fun people, and "core" gamers as well, because we are a great portion of their profits. They lose us, they lose A LOT.
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
why the hell wouldn't they release a new system by 2011? they don't even need to release new colors.BrunoBRS
I corrected what you said. It makes more sense now. You can thank me later.
I think that with all the money that they have they could at least make an effort to put in a hard-drive. An improvement with graphics would be nice, but nothing too huge. Probably stick with the Wiimotes but maybe make them sleeker, and make Wii-Motion Plus a standard build in. A better designed online would be great with a better online gaming system (No Friend Codes or something similar but better implemented the friend codes!). They could probably shell out for more colours. and mabey HD (probably optional). That's all really.Shayde_Shadow
Yeah, I think Nintendo will be going at least up to 720p if not full 1080p. Mainstream will be 1080p by 2011 because most people will own HDTVs by then. I think Nintendo will just go with a larger flash drive or holographic memory, at least 20GB. They'll probably be doing 3D gaming too since it seems like 3D gaming is the future. Resident Evil 6 3D anyone?
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
2011 is to soon.sman3579
Well, they would probably want to get it out there before the end of the world, ya' know? Make some cash before all comes to an end?
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

[QUOTE="sman3579"]2011 is to soon.tktomo01
Well, they would probably want to get it out there before the end of the world, ya' know? Make some cash before all comes to an end?

Why do people say the world is going to end 2012?

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

[QUOTE="tktomo01"][QUOTE="sman3579"]2011 is to soon.sman3579

Why do people say the world is going to end 2012?

theres a few reasons the big one is the Mayan calendar that has been perfect to date for the past 2000 years is ending, so people are worried that means they knew the world will end, and the so called prophet Nostradamus left behind clues saying the world will end in 2012 but with Nostradamus his so called work is so insanely vage that its up to the reader to think what it means, and with the Mayan calendar i have heard that it is ment to repeat but who really knows
BlackDragon110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BlackDragon110
Member since 2003 • 458 Posts

Here are a few of my thoughts on what Nintendo's next system might be like.

The Wii's biggest weakness is its CPU. If the Wii's CPU was a bit stronger its graphical power would be on a much better footing with the PS3 and 360. The CPU's employed by the PS3 and 360 are both triple-core based. With the price of quad-core CPU's having dropped quite a bit over the past few years, you can now get one for under $200. It's not unthinking that Nintendo would go with a quad-core based CPU since in a couple of more the price will drop to maybe around $60-$70. Couple that with the GPU based on the GeForce 9800 GTX and I think you'd have a pretty powerful system. The rumor going around it that the new system will be HD. If that's the case one has to wonder what media storage format will they use? Remember that HD contains a vast amount of information, much more than a normal or dual-layer DVD could hold. So what storage format would Nintendo use? Well the way I see it is one of three options:

Create their own format. The upside to this is that Nintendo would have its own proprietary format and would curd piracy and we all know how much security phobia Nintendo is. The downside is that it would take a lot of time and money to create their own storage format. But with Nintendo's profits from Wii sales they can certainly afford it.

Pay Sony for BluRay rights. The upside is that it's already a proven format, could give the system BluRay movie playback. The downside is of course they would be paying Sony royalties for the use of their BluRay players.

HD-DVD. This third option which to me makes the most sense to me. I know what most people are thinking is that it's a failed format and yes that's true but only as far as movies are concerned. Think about all the advantages that it would have. It's already a developed format, not widely available, would suit their HD needs, and would be able to obtain the rights to it fairly cheap. The only real downside is that the system wouldn't be able to play BluRay movies.

Well those are some of my thoughts. I didn't mention things like a harddrive because quite honestly I think that things like that are pretty much a given.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

Here are a few of my thoughts on what Nintendo's next system might be like.

The Wii's biggest weakness is its CPU. If the Wii's CPU was a bit stronger its graphical power would be on a much better footing with the PS3 and 360. The CPU's employed by the PS3 and 360 are both triple-core based. With the price of quad-core CPU's having dropped quite a bit over the past few years, you can now get one for under $200. It's not unthinking that Nintendo would go with a quad-core based CPU since in a couple of more the price will drop to maybe around $60-$70. Couple that with the GPU based on the GeForce 9800 GTX and I think you'd have a pretty powerful system. The rumor going around it that the new system will be HD. If that's the case one has to wonder what media storage format will they use? Remember that HD contains a vast amount of information, much more than a normal or dual-layer DVD could hold. So what storage format would Nintendo use? Well the way I see it is one of three options:

BlackDragon110

Ummm.. Xbox 360 games are HD, they use dual-layer DVD. So yeah, dual layer DVD's are fine, imo.

Create their own format. The upside to this is that Nintendo would have its own proprietary format and would curd piracy and we all know how much security phobia Nintendo is. The downside is that it would take a lot of time and money to create their own storage format. But with Nintendo's profits from Wii sales they can certainly afford it.

BlackDragon110

Or they could do what they did with the Gamecube and use a standard format and 'make it' their own.

Pay Sony for BluRay rights. The upside is that it's already a proven format, could give the system BluRay movie playback. The downside is of course they would be paying Sony royalties for the use of their BluRay players.

BlackDragon110

Seeing as how Sony doesn't exclusively own Blu-Ray, I doubt Nintendo would pay Sony anything. If they decided to go the Blu-Ray route, they would pay royalties to the Blu-Ray Disc Associated(BDA here forth). Which, like I said before, they could also do like they did with ther GC discs and modify an existing format(blu-ray) and make it their own as they did DVD's with the GCN and Wii. Nintendo never payed royalties on the GCN for using the technology. Paying royalties to the BDA isn't bad though, but I doubt they'd take that route.

HD-DVD. This third option which to me makes the most sense to me. I know what most people are thinking is that it's a failed format and yes that's true but only as far as movies are concerned. Think about all the advantages that it would have. It's already a developed format, not widely available, would suit their HD needs, and would be able to obtain the rights to it fairly cheap. The only real downside is that the system wouldn't be able to play BluRay movies.

BlackDragon110

Why would Nintendo care about playing movies? Besides, there is a company that makes a chip/laser that can read both formats. So its not like it would be difficult for Nintendo to go t hat route, but then again.. they would have to pay royalties to the DVD Forum.. something they have avoided in teh past with the GCN/Wii.

Well those are some of my thoughts. I didn't mention things like a harddrive because quite honestly I think that things like that are pretty much a given.

BlackDragon110

A "harddrive" may not be a given, imo, a solidstate drive is more likely. And those are my opinions.

PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts
I'm mainly just hoping for a hard drive, a larger focus on the hardcore gamers and producing games accordingly, and less shovelware.
blood_dragonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blood_dragonx
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]Dude why don't you just take the time to enjoy this gen?

ypu sir, you said everything
monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
2011 wont be nintendos next gen, thaey barely have met the demand and yet to have a price cut maybe 2012-2013 depending how they go this year. and what i like to see is a better system that can compete against the next xbox and playstation graphically and online as well. and also a more hardcore game library.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
the way wii is selling, kiss goodbye to the next ninty cnsole.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

if they pull a wii again (only doubling hardware specs) it'd be 1.4ghz CPU, 128mb video RAM basically it could run HL2 on PC, from 2004

i really hope they but a HDD inside, make WFC easier to use, add friends list, one FC for a console, voice chat and wii motion plus out the box with at least dual core 3Ghz, or quad core 2ghz or 1.8ghz CPU, with at least 1GB video RAM

that'd be satisfactory to me. almost crysis type stuff, and if it isn't HDMI thats fine by me, though it shold be

i think if they time its release right, and have some killer launch titles, they could make a really good console in terms of hardware, sell it for $300 or less, and get alot of the casual wii buyers to get it.

but to do so guys, they'd have to have more wii sports, more wii fit, to sell the thing. maybe have an improved BB come packed in too, because sustaining the casual gamer's pokcet books is sustaining the hardcore gamers' as well.

Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
The new Nintendo system is not likely to come out in 2011 - sorry to burst your bubble. They've still yet to release a huge amount of games.
PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts
I just got one so i hope there is alot of support for the next 5 years....seems like i didn't miss much anyways
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Nintendo's Next system needs:

- Better online

- Much Better Visuals

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
the way wii is selling, kiss goodbye to the next ninty cnsole.rgame1
I wouldn't say that completely. Nintendo still released the DSi even though the DS lite is selling millions. Yeah, I know it's not the successor to the DS but it's giving people another option to get in on the DS. That leads me to wonder when the next DS will come? Nintendo has never been in this boat before so it's hard to say what they will do. Their systems have always sold really well, minus the GC, but the Wii was more of a success than anyone could've predicted. Nintendo didn't even think the Wii would be this successful. They must continue on because I'm sure they and developers want to be able to present games on the Wii in a better, up-to-date manner so Wii 2 / the next system will be coming by 2011/12 definitely.