Nintendo WiFi USB Connector Error

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Silenced_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Silenced_Hero
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

Nintendo WiFi USB Connector Error:

Alright, for the last week now I have been trying to install the tool to give me access to my wifi usb connector. I get the same "Application Error" everytime it gets about 75% in and into the "Setting up Internet Connection Sharing" section.

Screenshots(In ordeR):

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/SilencedHero000/problemo1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/SilencedHero000/problemo2.jpg

I have tried all troubleshooting steps from Microsoft, Nintendo, and all I could find on Google. Does Anyone know how to fix this so I can install the tool and get playing Games online with the Wii?

Someone has also told me to turn ICS on through my network connections, and said there would be checkboxes to do so in the Adv. section. Well, I did as I was told, but to no luck there was nothing he described there,...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/SilencedHero000/problemo3.jpg

Help would be much appreciated, due to Nintendo taking 5-6 business days to reply to each individual email.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#2 deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts
Ialso had a problem with my usb connector and ended up calling the support line. Now even though we never were able tofix it, because of modem difficulties,I have to say the guy was very helpful and literally stayed on the line for almost an hour trying to help. You should try calling.
Silenced_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Silenced_Hero
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts
A correspondant at nintendo said someone would call me within the next 4-5 days, and that was today, in the 3rd email conversation.
twisted_Sisti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 twisted_Sisti
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts
try blowing on it, it worked for N64 games.
musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts

Ialso had a problem with my usb connector and ended up calling the support line. Now even though we never were able tofix it, because of modem difficulties,I have to say the guy was very helpful and literally stayed on the line for almost an hour trying to help. You should try calling.Unknownmuncher

lol at your sig

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Ahem I had the same error for a while. Completly uninstall the adapter. Plug in just the adapter itself and see if the pc sees it. If it has you have an incomplete installation ruining it. Go into the device management and look for the adapter on the list of all devices. Turn on the see hidden devices option. Uninstall the driver. Turn off the computer retry with the latest version of the software from Nintendowifi.com.

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Oh turn off the anti-virus software when you do the uninstall and install. Anti-virus can mess up either.