Nintendo Want Me Broke!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

javman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 javman05
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts

I know folk will say I'm never happy but is anyone else struggling financially to keep up with all these top titles coming out on the wii just now??

I got my wii at xmas and since then I've bought SMG, GH3, Godfather, Madden 08, RE4, Mario & Sonic, NHL & Rogue Squadron for gamecube, MOH2, Battalion Wars2 which Ive hardly played and NMH which I've had for a week and not even had a chance to play due to me trying to finish RE4!! In 2 weeks time we get Pro Evo, 2 weeks after that its Mario Kart and theres a tonne of games I aint even played/looking forward to getting like Zelda, MP3, Zak & Wiki, Force Unleashed and SSBM!!!

I really believe that theres never been a better time to be a Nintendo fan, but I swear I'm gonna have to end up mortgaging my house and putting my kids and wife out on the street!!!

ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts

i know what ur talkin about. i've been having my wii since august last year and i only got sports,play,call of duty 3,cooking mama, red steel, SMG and tiger woods 07.

i was only able to finish cod3 so far and i'm only half-way through SMG. there's a lot of other stuff to do, so i dont spend that much time on my wii. and there are still a lot of other games to play with not havin Zelda or Zack&Wiki and PES 2008 and Brawl to come (europe).

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
I would suggest not buying games that you don't even have time to play.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
I agree. :) Why buy the games if you can't play it?
I would suggest not buying games that you don't even have time to play.presto7640
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

I know how you feel man.

Pro Evo Wii comes out today i think.

juju187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juju187
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts
i think they nickel and dime on the controllers but thats just me
Tailscoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Tailscoolio
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
Too many good games? over here there doesn't seem to be that many good games coming out at the mo' for wii, but maybe i'm just picky with the games i buy...
KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts
I have a Wii since launch and have 13 games my GC has 17 games and I still need to get SSBB,Okami,Mario Kart Wii,Animal Crossing and many more.
SHACKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 SHACKR
Member since 2007 • 1226 Posts

If you're wanting to get more games, sell the ones you've beat or didn't like so there is more money on hand.

remblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 remblade
Member since 2003 • 537 Posts
If there was any kind of good complaint to have about a system, it's having too many good games and not enough money to buy them. I truly spend too much money on games. Now PES then Okami, Mario Kart, Bully, One Piece, and a bunch more.
Jangonov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jangonov
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts

www.gamefly.com

This site will save you A LOT of money jsut try the out for a weeks and see if you like it. I love them

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
wii controls are more innovative then just a 360 pad, so they cost a bit more. and, why make someone buy 4 nunchucks when you only need 2. the system is cheap, the games are cheaper then 360 game, id rather pay 10 bucks xtra for a contoller 1 time then spend $60 for every game.
louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts
good thing i just got a job at the game store
Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts
I've spent more money on VC titles than new Wii games. There's just so many great classics available I can't stop.
Pie_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pie_Fan
Member since 2006 • 156 Posts
Yeah, I think I spend too much money on games. I currently have 22 Wii games and 50+ GC games.
sakuranoame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sakuranoame
Member since 2006 • 322 Posts

I know how you feel...

Although I only have one Wii game (cuz I just got the console recently), I also have to keep up with my DS, PS3, PS2 and PSP... :x

I'm trying really hard not to buy another game until April, when Okami is coming out. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-582d495c81bdf
deactivated-582d495c81bdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 deactivated-582d495c81bdf
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts
I also know how you feel. They drained all of my money out.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

BUT ONLY BRAWL IZ GUD!!!!

But seriously, in just under a year, my Wii collection has grown to almost the size of my Gamecube collection. In less than a year! That's a sign that Nintendo is doing something right this gen. Or I've set my standards too low...I'm not sure yet.

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
I know I never got the chance to get zack and wiki, altho UK looks like it's going on a low, so I might now
but I gotta get brawl, mario kart, okami, and a few others soon too
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

I know folk will say I'm never happy but is anyone else struggling financially to keep up with all these top titles coming out on the wii just now??

I got my wii at xmas and since then I've bought SMG, GH3, Godfather, Madden 08, RE4, Mario & Sonic, NHL & Rogue Squadron for gamecube, MOH2, Battalion Wars2 which Ive hardly played and NMH which I've had for a week and not even had a chance to play due to me trying to finish RE4!! In 2 weeks time we get Pro Evo, 2 weeks after that its Mario Kart and theres a tonne of games I aint even played/looking forward to getting like Zelda, MP3, Zak & Wiki, Force Unleashed and SSBM!!!

I really believe that theres never been a better time to be a Nintendo fan, but I swear I'm gonna have to end up mortgaging my house and putting my kids and wife out on the street!!!

javman05

well everybody has to pick and choose what they are going to do but your right i havent been keeping up with my games either i havent finished MP3 or No More Heroes and i havent even picked up MOHH2

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

I know I never got the chance to get zack and wiki, altho UK looks like it's going on a low, so I might now
but I gotta get brawl, mario kart, okami, and a few others soon toomonty_4256

oh yeah i never got to pick that up either

Thunderball37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Thunderball37
Member since 2007 • 1033 Posts
It's just only people who focus on games way too much. It's not really nintendos fault for them buying good games all the time. And struggling to get money because of their own choices. They can try to sue nintendo for this but they'll lose in court no doubt about it. Im sorry but this thread is just plain pointless. They just have way too much time on your hands. To start trying to find a way to blame someone of their own choices
FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts
Apparently Nintendo already took your grammar.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Apparently Nintendo already took your grammar.FlaminDeath

Not if he's referring to "Nintendo" as plural.

Like "Look at that group of Nintendo over there. Those Nintendo are so majestic"

In fact, I think the singular of Nintendo is Nintendie.

bobsarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bobsarcasm
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts
I have yet to finish SMG, MP3, PoP, and SSBB. Almost finished SSBB, and finished GH:LoR, but I really want to beat the rest of my games. Nintendo has been sucking me dry since the N64, and they continue to now with the Wii and the DS. Plus, I occasionally play my PSP, so I have to keep up with that...
Super_Ska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Super_Ska
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

Jeez, the games aren't the only thing, Controllers are waaaaaaaayyy too overpriced.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
do wat i do, beat the game before buying another one.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
im going broke trying to keep up with wii games and ds games. i still havent picked up MP3, SPM, Zack and wiki and a dozen ds titles!
lovemenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 lovemenow
Member since 2005 • 8001 Posts

I got my wii at xmas and since then I've bought SMG, RE4, Rogue Squadron for gamecube, Battalion Wars2 which Ive hardly played and NMH which I've had for a week and not even had a chance to play due to me trying to finish RE4!!, 2 weeks after that its Mario Kart and theres a tonne of games I aint even played/looking forward to getting like Zelda, MP3, and SSBM!!!

javman05

i fixed your post and took out all the games you should have never had bought..you'll would have more money in the fixed one cause you'd have bought games worth paying for.

1wog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 1wog1
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

javman05
:P
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#31 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Im not having trouble at all. Last year the only Wii games that came out that were any good to me were Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy. But they were so linear and lacked replay value that I didn't even keep them. I probably bought more PS2 games last year than Wii games.

This year the only games I got were Brawl and No More Heroes, and Im about to trade in No More Heroes. The only other Wii game I plan on buying this year is Mario Kart.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
Maybe you people should stop buying new games and give me your money! That way I can buy a Wii, and some games for it.(J/K):D
helius06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 helius06
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

buy beat it buy another one beat it just go wit the flow man

Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts
Well, a few of the above mentioned games suck (like mario and sonic), but if you really want to make sure you like games, just rent them first. It's saved me from a ton of horrid purchases.