Nintendo TVii won't be available for launch. Also, YouTube app confirmed.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

source

Not a big deal to me personally, but it's still disappointing that a once-promised launch day feature is delayed. Oh well. At least it's not supposed to be too long of a delay (December).

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

A bit disappointing, but not a huge deal. I'll have Netflix to keep me occupied until then haha.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

A bit disappointing, but not a huge deal. I'll have Netflix to keep me occupied until then haha.

yokofox33
Actually you won't, as it's not making Wii U launch either.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Not having the TV options ready for launch is disastrous as Nintendo tries to court it's core user at launch.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

bonesawisready5

Actually you won't, as it's not making Wii U launch either.

I have Netflix for other devices. That's what I meant.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Meh, anyone who's genuinely disappointed that this won't be available at launch needs to reevaluate their reasoning behind buying a GAMES console.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy

Meh, anyone who's genuinely disappointed that this won't be available at launch needs to reevaluate their reasoning behind buying a GAMES console.spike6958

You understand it's 2012 right?

Was your last console a SNES?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Not having the TV options ready for launch is disastrous as Nintendo tries to court it's core user at launch.

Jaysonguy
lol right. Anyway, they really should have made sure everything they said was going to be available was available.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

[QUOTE="spike6958"]Meh, anyone who's genuinely disappointed that this won't be available at launch needs to reevaluate their reasoning behind buying a GAMES console.Jaysonguy

No, I have all the latest console, and have not once used any of them for watching TV or anything else besides gaming. It's also only pushed back a couple of weeks, would you rather it launch with a broken version of it? If your main reason for buying WiiU is Nintendo TVii, your money would be better spent on something else.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

[QUOTE="spike6958"]Meh, anyone who's genuinely disappointed that this won't be available at launch needs to reevaluate their reasoning behind buying a GAMES console.Jaysonguy

I dont believe it took microsoft and sony some time to release all the features of their consoles. I know I bought a Vita at launch and its just recently got some of the features (like PSone compatabily.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Netflix confirmed to a site (can't remember which, but I'll look up a link) that it's app would be available at launch. Also someone else that managed to pick up a Wii U early at Walmart said it comes preinstalled with Netlfix, Hulu, and Amazon and even posted the pucs of his Wii U, the Gamefaqs mods then proceeded to delete the images. It seems like it's just the unified service that won't be available immediately.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#12 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol wish snes was my last its better then xbox360 and ps3 lol by miles . and like he says any one who makes a big deal of a gamesystem not playing stupid movies , is just a picky person i wouldnt say gamer because gamers play games not watch movies on their games console
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

no biggie, I think they pushed the american release anyways and that's why they're having these delays. Usually it's Japan first, then "Merica. not this go around.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Jaysonguy
I kind of agree.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Eh, I can wait a month or two.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I like my features so this is a bummer for me, although I will only have to wait a month so I'm not too down on it.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

I dont believe it took microsoft and sony some time to release all the features of their consoles. I know I bought a Vita at launch and its just recently got some of the features (like PSone compatabily. AutoPilotOn

Don't say that you're gonna do something by certain time if you can't deliver it..simple as that. :P

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Oh well. It's miles better than the 3DSs launch (no browser, messaging,eshop, netflix, video camera, and data transferring for 4 months). Gosh what a disaster that was.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="spike6958"]Meh, anyone who's genuinely disappointed that this won't be available at launch needs to reevaluate their reasoning behind buying a GAMES console.spike6958

No, I have all the latest console, and have not once used any of them for watching TV or anything else besides gaming. It's also only pushed back a couple of weeks, would you rather it launch with a broken version of it? If your main reason for buying WiiU is Nintendo TVii, your money would be better spent on something else.

Awesome job wasting all the capabilities of your electronics.

Also Nintendo's core audience? Kids and casuals

Those are in high regard during the holidays.

The entire family gets together and checks out the new Wii U

Oh wait they can't now because Nintendo failed to deliver when it mattered most. A few weeks? After the holiday season is mostly over?

This is a bad start to the console, a crippling blow to their launch.

sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sum_guy09
Member since 2011 • 668 Posts

im more interested in what other apps will be available.. skype, fb, ym etc. would be cool to use the touch pad & webcam for that