Nintendo TVii delayed in the US till 2013 [ARTICLE]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts
http://www.slashgear.com/nintendo-tvii-launching-december-8-in-japan-us-and-europe-in-2013-27258457/ Something I found while surfing the confines of Reddit, will have to wait to see if it's made official by Nintendo, but that's too bad that we have to wait that long.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Failing sales at launch paired with features not available for early adopters. Things do not look good for Nintendo right now
AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Failing sales at launch paired with features not available for early adopters. Things do not look good for Nintendo right now

I sense a disturbance in the force.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Failing sales at launch paired with features not available for early adopters. Things do not look good for Nintendo right now

The Wii U is selling as fast its being shipped right now. I don't think that can be considered failing sales. I'm not saying it will sell as well as the Wii did but I don't know how that can be bad at this point. Also at this point the Wii U is targeted at mostly the hardcore Nintendo audience (as with any launch). Most of us are okay with waiting a little while for Nintendo TVii. That feature will be more important to mass audience that Nintendo will try to start getting next year.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Failing sales at launch paired with features not available for early adopters. Things do not look good for Nintendo right now

The Wii U is selling as fast its being shipped right now.

No it's not. Nintendo has more launch Wii U consoles then it had Wii's and its selling almost half as much over the same time period.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Im not sure if I really believe that article, this one says that for America it is still coming in December while for Europe its coming next year.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Failing sales at launch paired with features not available for early adopters. Things do not look good for Nintendo right nowJaysonguy

Yeah, maybe if you're overly dramatic about it then people will take you seriously, right?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Failing sales at launch paired with features not available for early adopters. Things do not look good for Nintendo right nowxLittlekillx

Yeah, maybe if you're overly dramatic about it then people will take you seriously, right?

So can't come up with any facts?
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xLittlekillx

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Failing sales at launch paired with features not available for early adopters. Things do not look good for Nintendo right nowJaysonguy

I am full of facts. Apple pie has apples in it. Dogs have legs. Coffee can be sipped out of a cup. What are you asking me for?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

xLittlekillx

I am full of facts. Apple pie has apples in it. Dogs have legs. Coffee can be sipped out of a cup. What are you asking me for?

You're not ready, when you are feel free to continue this conversation. If anyone else wants to talk about that selling a little more than half is somehow good let me knoow.
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xLittlekillx

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"] So can't come up with any facts?Jaysonguy

You're not ready, when you are feel free to continue this conversation. If anyone else wants to talk about that selling a little more than half is somehow good let me knoow.

Nintendo sold 1.2 million combined gaming units last week around the world. Those are pretty good numbers. But that's not really the issue I have with you.

What I want to know is why you're on the wii message board trying to talk your hyperbolic garbage. Do you want attention? Do you have some kind of emotionally unhealthy attachment to another gaming brand that you're indirectly trying to push here? Jesus, man. If you want to try and convince people that nintendo is doing badly, go push your agenda on system wars.

zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

I'm fine with this if it's true. I'm only here for the games, forget the rest.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts
Oh well, I got Wii U games, Miiverse and Netflix to keep me busy until then. :)
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlmightyDerek

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Failing sales at launch paired with features not available for early adopters. Things do not look good for Nintendo right nowJaysonguy
The Wii U is selling as fast its being shipped right now.

No it's not. Nintendo has more launch Wii U consoles then it had Wii's and its selling almost half as much over the same time period.

That's not true. According to this article the Wii only sold 63,000 more in that period and all the Wii U's that were shipped last week sold. There is also the rumor that Gamestop is cancelling their waiting list of pre-ordered Wii U's because the demand is too high. Besides you couldn't really consider the Wii U launch week a failure unless barely any sold and that's definitely not the case. We don't know if the Wii U will be a big hit or not at this point but it's a bit premature to call it a failture after one week with solid sales.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Says Europe 2013 and USA is still TBA.
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Probably wont find a Wii U until next year anyhow.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"] The Wii U is selling as fast its being shipped right now.AlmightyDerek

That's not true. According to this article the Wii only sold 63,000 more in that period and all the Wii U's that were shipped last week sold. There is also the rumor that Gamestop is cancelling their waiting list of pre-ordered Wii U's because the demand is too high. Besides you couldn't really consider the Wii U launch week a failure unless barely any sold and that's definitely not the case. We don't know if the Wii U will be a big hit or not at this point but it's a bit premature to call it a failture after one week with solid sales.

yes... 3rd best console launch in history....jasonguy is an idiot.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"] The Wii U is selling as fast its being shipped right now.AlmightyDerek

http://www.gamespot.com/news/over-600000-wiis-served-6162373 Over 600,000 the first 8 days
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KBFloYd

If anyone else wants to talk about that selling a little more than half is somehow good let me knoow.Jaysonguy

if you go by gamespot it sold 67% as much as the wii.

if you go by vgchartz it sold 87% as much as the wii..

given all the supposed hype of the wii....and people saying this launch didn't have the same hype...this is almost like striking gold twice.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KBFloYd

http://www.gamespot.com/news/over-600000-wiis-served-6162373 Over 600,000 the first 8 daysJaysonguy

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250569/nintendo-wii-u-sells-400000-opening-week-in-the-us/ over 463,000 in 7 days

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AlmightyDerek
[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"] No it's not. Nintendo has more launch Wii U consoles then it had Wii's and its selling almost half as much over the same time period.Jaysonguy

http://www.gamespot.com/news/over-600000-wiis-served-6162373 Over 600,000 the first 8 days

Whichever numbers are right the Wii still didn't sell twice as much (and according to Gamespot the Wii had 8 days instead of 7). The Wii U still sold as much as their were systems to sell. The only way it would be a failure is if almost no one bought it and there were tons of unsold Wii U's everywhere. I know you like to exaggerate everything but it should at least be somewhat credible.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Says Europe 2013 and USA is still TBA. Kaze_no_Mirai
I still expect it to release on December 8th same as Japan. Nintendo TVii was created by Nintendo of America how could it not release in North America first?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]Says Europe 2013 and USA is still TBA. Nintendo_Ownes7

I still expect it to release on December 8th same as Japan. Nintendo TVii was created by Nintendo of America how could it not release in North America first?

Thats exactly what I thought. I think it's very likely we'll get it the same day or short before/after. Definitely not 2013
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Wiiu is still doing great. It's a positive in the public eye. It's being featured as a must have item on news channels, at least in Chicago.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Failing sales? It's sold out most everywhere, with few exceptions. I guess that's a fail in that it limits them from getting more into stores thus into consumer homes, but that isn't "failing sales" if demand is close to your supply
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bonesawisready5
TV services, from my understanding, work a bit differently in Europe than they do in the US, so I would expect TVii out by Xmas in America at the very worst.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Failing sales at launch paired with features not available for early adopters. Things do not look good for Nintendo right now

Failing sales? It's sold out most everywhere, with few exceptions. I guess that's a fail in that it limits them from getting more into stores thus into consumer homes, but that isn't "failing sales" if demand is close to your supply

Nintendo has more Wii U's then it had Wii's (so it's a number over 600,000) and they still have over 200,000 not sold. That's bad, missing these features doesn't help their cause either because these are the things that will make people buy the console. Also get to my friend invite on the Wii U, it's been sitting there for like 18 months
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Failing sales at launch paired with features not available for early adopters. Things do not look good for Nintendo right now

Nintendo has more Wii U's then it had Wii's (so it's a number over 600,000) and they still have over 200,000 not sold. That's bad, missing these features doesn't help their cause either because these are the things that will make people buy the console. Also get to my friend invite on the Wii U, it's been sitting there for like 18 months

I'd take Reggie officially saying it's sold out virtually everywhere (with a few exceptions) as more concrete info. By the way, despite Nintendo saying they sold 600k Wii's in November 2006, the NPD released date in December 2006 saying they really sold 476k units so the Wii U isn't far behind the Wii in terms of launch sales since it's OVER 400k
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 QuebecSuperstar
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] Failing sales? It's sold out most everywhere, with few exceptions. I guess that's a fail in that it limits them from getting more into stores thus into consumer homes, but that isn't "failing sales" if demand is close to your supply

I'd take Reggie officially saying it's sold out virtually everywhere (with a few exceptions) as more concrete info. By the way, despite Nintendo saying they sold 600k Wii's in November 2006, the NPD released date in December 2006 saying they really sold 476k units so the Wii U isn't far behind the Wii in terms of launch sales since it's OVER 400k

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what makes the Wii U sales so important to you, guys?
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"] Nintendo has more Wii U's then it had Wii's (so it's a number over 600,000) and they still have over 200,000 not sold. That's bad, missing these features doesn't help their cause either because these are the things that will make people buy the console. Also get to my friend invite on the Wii U, it's been sitting there for like 18 months

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what makes the Wii U sales so important to you, guys?

Outside of a passing interest because healthy hardware sales usually lead to good software, I mostly am interested in JaysonGuy's extreme use of hyperbole and topic derailing, flamebait comments. Though we will all benefit from good Wii U hardware sales. Look at the Vita. Look at it's developer support. If you've got no user base, or a tiny one than you can't expect publishers/developers to make games for you. Simple fact. (Look at GameCube as well)
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"] Nintendo has more Wii U's then it had Wii's (so it's a number over 600,000) and they still have over 200,000 not sold. That's bad, missing these features doesn't help their cause either because these are the things that will make people buy the console. Also get to my friend invite on the Wii U, it's been sitting there for like 18 months

Larger install base means better chances of seeing large companies put their best and brightest to work on the console.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] I'd take Reggie officially saying it's sold out virtually everywhere (with a few exceptions) as more concrete info. By the way, despite Nintendo saying they sold 600k Wii's in November 2006, the NPD released date in December 2006 saying they really sold 476k units so the Wii U isn't far behind the Wii in terms of launch sales since it's OVER 400k

Larger install base means better chances of seeing large companies put their best and brightest to work on the console.

Well hey we CAN agree on something!
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"] Just to satisfy my curiosity, what makes the Wii U sales so important to you, guys?

The wiiu is critical for the health of the industry as well. Sony, MS, and 3rd parties are treading a very fine line on pushing consumer too far. It's sad that 3rd parties Likely won't want to support wiiu because of nintendos stricter stance on dlc.
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 QuebecSuperstar

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"] Just to satisfy my curiosity, what makes the Wii U sales so important to you, guys?bonesawisready5

.........and my earthly mission is over. *boards his spaceship and flies away*

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"] Larger install base means better chances of seeing large companies put their best and brightest to work on the console.QuebecSuperstar

.........and my earthly mission is over. *boards his spaceship and flies away*

Sir! Sir! Don't fly away! We need help with resurrecting Earthbound! Oh, and stopping cancer too!