Nintendo press conference on october 2

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manueru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 manueru
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts

Nintendo has just confirmed that a press conference will take place on October 2nd. New products should be unveiled during this event.

lol is a copy paste of gamekyo, anyway, i hope a lot of new games on this conference

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Gold/Silver remakes please
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
INteresting. I wonder if gamespot will have a live blog or streaming media. I wonder what time it is.
despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts
Diaster: Day of Crisis US release date and a storage solution
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
All I'm interested in is seeing how Japan is doing with it's internet coverage and the number of users have their Wii's connected.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
I'm actually more hyped about possibly seeing Red Steel 2 than alot of the other hyped games. I wonder if we will see Project H.A.M.M.E.R. Revived as well? That'll be a major shocker and would work beautifully with Motion Plus. AND WHERE IS READY2RUMBLE: REVOLUTION?
huntervaneg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 huntervaneg
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts
Just a Nintendo hit I ask.... (Star Fox, Pikmin, F-Zero, Paper Mario (100% RPG), Punch Out, Kid Icarus, New Metroid, Sin 'n Punishment, Donkey Kong, smething worth it...)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

Just a Nintendo hit I ask.... (Star Fox, Pikmin, F-Zero, Paper Mario (100% RPG), Punch Out, Kid Icarus, New Metroid, Sin 'n Punishment, Donkey Kong, smething worth it...)huntervaneg

If they gave me just one thing off that list I would be happy. If it was Star Fox or F-zero I would be VERY happy.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30687 Posts
and the speculation begins, just remember folks, Nintendo DID NOT say anything about showing Kid Icarus, or Red Steel 2, or Punch out or Zelda or anything else for that matter. So when/if it doesnt happen, remember you started this so, we dont want 5000 topics talking about Nintendo lied, or they have abandoned hardcore gamers, because they havent elluded to anything.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
I hope they show something that looks like it's worth playing.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

and the speculation begins, just remember folks, Nintendo DID NOT say anything about showing Kid Icarus, or Red Steel 2, or Punch out or Zelda or anything else for that matter. So when/if it doesnt happen, remember you started this so, we dont want 5000 topics talking about Nintendo lied, or they have abandoned hardcore gamers, because they havent elluded to anything. Sepewrath

Couldn't have said it better myself

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Man, Nintendo should make again the SpaceWorld. A press conference means nothing without some booths.

I don't know how many games there will be shown. With the TGS coming, will some games be revealed? Many Japanese 3rd party games like Arc Rise Fantasia, Kizuna, Muramasa, Fragile and probably the Wiiware RPG title, ... will be at TGS. What is Nintendo making on October 2nd? ANother news like Monster Hunter like last year? That's speculations.

I think we should boycott the E3 for now on.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

and the speculation begins, just remember folks, Nintendo DID NOT say anything about showing Kid Icarus, or Red Steel 2, or Punch out or Zelda or anything else for that matter. So when/if it doesnt happen, remember you started this so, we dont want 5000 topics talking about Nintendo lied, or they have abandoned hardcore gamers, because they havent elluded to anything. Sepewrath

People will always be complaining.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
If they give me starfox or.....Fzero I will be greatly..plz with there new content there talking..bout..But you know there gonna bring you wii music..LOL! *cling clan cling clan clang clang!*
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts

Starfox Wii = Ownage

Chance of seeing: 30%

F-Zero Wii = Meh..

Chance of seeing 10%

Disaster: Day of Crisis Reveal = I'm not really tracking DDoC...

Chance of seeing 33.33%

Monster Hunter 3 = I'm sort of hyped for it.

Chance of seeing 10%

Those are my predictions.. And Nintendo better have some good stuff in its conference because their E3 was horrible. GameInformer gave it a 'D' lol.. Anyway, they better have been saving some nice treats for us

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
my bet is none of its coming this year and the things that are coming this year are all hardware
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Diaster: Day of Crisis US release date and a storage solutiondespa1r_fact0r

this is all I want

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

Give Fire Emblem DS a proper release date and I will be happy.

Announce half as many cool things as they did last year, and I will be happy.

I should be happy in at least one way by the end of this.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
We need a new TRUE Donkey Kong game so badly. I would love to see a sequel to DK64.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
I'm not going to wish for much. I just want some kind of storage solution. I'm runnign low on blocks and I think I'll be f'd as soon as the 3rd Strong Bad episode gets released.
jsquared0905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jsquared0905
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

Remember, Nintendo claims to have a new direction in how they reveal their megatons to us: IE they will only reveal it when it is near release. *see iwata or shiggy e3 apology* That said, I am going to take a conservative approach and say were going to get Animal Crossing, Wii Music, and Wii Sports up the butt, with either punch out or pikmin possiblly appearing, and probably kirby hype for the ds.Maybe a starfox appearance if were lucky.Oh and a storage solution

*Overly Optimistic prediction*

*Iwata appears on the floor, and apologizes for not warning us about their new approach to e3, once again explains reasoning behind no megatonz.*
*Iwata then starts off the show by mentioning space issue solutions, 1st is hologram thingy will be out in 6 months, in the meantime, software updates make it capable to play games from SD cards.
*Cammie appears, talks about how she rolled an ankle doing yoga on wii fit. And talks about wii sports/animal crossing with reggie*
*Iwata comes, talks about some future DS titles.*
*Shiggy makes his grand appearance to intro wii music -.-.*
*After wii music, footage of Pikmin III appears, with some brand new out of the box feature*idk, online multiplayer piikmin fights?*
*Shiggy talks about how they should have another IP to promote wii speak other than animal crossing. Star Fox makes it appearance, with splitscreen and at least 16 player online confirmed!*
*Though a 3rd party game, conduit makes a surprise appearance, revealing its publisher and release date, and a sequel is already being thought up :P*
*Miyamoto reappears, and says after pikmin,.. Says the next trailer to close out the conference is dedicated to the people who were let down by e3....*lights turn off, screen turns off,* On comes the ****c zelda or mario music.*(uber overly optimistic would be both)* One of those megatonz set for Q3-4 2009 release

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts

Remember, Nintendo claims to have a new direction in how they reveal their megatons to us: IE they will only reveal it when it is near release. *see iwata or shiggy e3 apology* That said, I am going to take a conservative approach and say were going to get Animal Crossing, Wii Music, and Wii Sports up the butt, with either punch out or pikmin possiblly appearing, and probably kirby hype for the ds.Maybe a starfox appearance if were lucky.Oh and a storage solution

*Overly Optimistic prediction*

*Iwata appears on the floor, and apologizes for not warning us about their new approach to e3, once again explains reasoning behind no megatonz.*
*Iwata then starts off the show by mentioning space issue solutions, 1st is hologram thingy will be out in 6 months, in the meantime, software updates make it capable to play games from SD cards.
*Cammie appears, talks about how she rolled an ankle doing yoga on wii fit. And talks about wii sports/animal crossing with reggie*
*Iwata comes, talks about some future DS titles.*
*Shiggy makes his grand appearance to intro wii music -.-.*
*After wii music, footage of Pikmin III appears, with some brand new out of the box feature*idk, online multiplayer piikmin fights?*
*Shiggy talks about how they should have another IP to promote wii speak other than animal crossing. Star Fox makes it appearance, with splitscreen and at least 16 player online confirmed!*
*Though a 3rd party game, conduit makes a surprise appearance, revealing its publisher and release date, and a sequel is already being thought up :P*
*Miyamoto reappears, and says after pikmin,.. Says the next trailer to close out the conference is dedicated to the people who were let down by e3....*lights turn off, screen turns off,* On comes the ****c zelda or mario music.*(uber overly optimistic would be both)* One of those megatonz set for Q3-4 2009 release

jsquared0905

Wow..thats sounds like a real Nintendo Press conference....everything is in balance..and you dont sound like a fan boy you prob a nintendo rep....jk lol anyways....It better be goood.. I have my hopes up one last time..if they crush them,then I give up lol

hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 hyrueprince11
Member since 2005 • 5722 Posts
I just want zelda
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
Gold/Silver remakes pleaseair_wolf_cubed
This, and I want them to give info on Pikmin 3.
vwgti3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vwgti3
Member since 2004 • 118 Posts

I hope its not stupied ass sales....just give me a good tease trailer or Zelda, and Ill be happy

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Well, I'm suspecting this new product relates to a storage device that will surely be overpriced.
dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts
Well, at least that gives me some hope for first-party software and a storage solution.
Cheeserific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cheeserific
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
If it happens I think they will announce new installments for the established franchises like Zelda (like give it a name, a possible release date), probably a storage solution
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#29 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
I hope they unveil the next revolutionary F-Zero! And of course a TRUE donkey kong game! After that they can release dozens of Wii something because I don't care!
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
Everyone, in order to protect yourselves from the sorrow DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP FOR THIS CONFERENCE. It's probably just Shiggy's 60th birthday and all of Nintendo wants to give him a present. :P That'd be the extreme. But honestly, nobody knows what will be revealed or if core games will even be a topic at this conference. If you go in expecting nothing you won't be disappointed.
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Hopefully those won't come out until late 2009.
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Hopefully those won't come out until late 2009.
johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts
pikmin 3 ftw
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sepewrath
When they say new products I'm sure their talking about Wii Speak and Animal Crossing and things like that, while I would like to hear more, thats what I expect. Though I would like to know more about Wii Speak, like if it will be capable of being retroactive to previously released games, or other games besides Animal Crossing using it.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
im not getting my hopes up. the september suprise? the mystery game? E3? so many times nintendo has gotten our hopes up, not this time
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

im not getting my hopes up. the september suprise? the mystery game? E3? so many times nintendo has gotten our hopes up, not this timegarrett_duffman

E3 became a mainstream event, the "secret" conference was announced as Kirby promotion from the beginning.

Last years E3 was weak too, but at the october event they didn't dissappoint at all...

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
I wonder what will happen at this press conference? I doubt though that it will have anything to do with a new Zelda title like so many for some strange reason still think it would happen.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sepewrath

im not getting my hopes up. the september suprise? the mystery game? E3? so many times nintendo has gotten our hopes up, not this timegarrett_duffman

No several times the hype created here on the forums by yourself and your fellow users, and articles on what COULD happen lead to diappointment. Nintendo never made any promises those times, and they havent this time. But the same way you just blamed them for something they didn't cause, I'm sure come October 3rd if people dont get what they were expected they will blame Nintendo for something was yet again their own fault.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#39 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

nope, they didnt lie. they have completely forgotten about their original fanbase. :P

musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts
It will be pikimin three. If nintendo confirmed it they will probably be showing it out. Plus i dont want to see new mario footage because the game would probably be horrible because the team has only had about 9 months. Zelda is a possiblity though but im not going to get excited.
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
I really don't expect anything from Nintendo. The only thing that I could see happening is more coverage on the games they annoucned during E3 (AC, Wii Music, Wii Sports 2 etc..) Maybe, MAYBE a storage solution.
jsquared0905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jsquared0905
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

Like I said, if they show it, then its coming out soon... That said their definition of soon was near release, which is not always finite.

There is no reason for us to create hype, if we are let down than it is our own fault because they have not promised anything.

Nintendo has 3 games for sure coming out soon, animal crossing, wii sports, and wii music. These three def. appear.

They always have to brag about sales, and need Cammie to try and relate to their casual audience,so more "Yea so like, I was playing wii fit, and like I was doing the tree pose, and like I fell of the balance board and like, rolled my ankle:

They have been hyping kirby alot lately so maybe a kirby appearance.

They have been constantly saying expect a storage solution soon, so it is plausible this appears.

I expect we get some kind of trailer for either star fox, or pikmin, or punch out and we might see some ds and wii games announced that are not megatonz. and possibly a conduit appearance.

We should not expect anything more than this.

If we are extremely lucky, than we might be graced with a trailer of zelda, but that would mean that Zelda is near completion. Its been nearly two years or so since TP came out, and I highly doubt that if they release this in say, q2-3 2009, that they would do a zelda in less than three years. If they say zelda and say its coming out sometime in 2010, than that doesnt necessarily define as near release now does it.

My personal hope is star fox makes an appearance(its been like what, 3 or 4 years since the last one?) And they decide this will be their hardcore attraction for the wii speak and give it at least 16 player online and splitscreen.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

WOOT WOOT

Sign your name to get on the WOOT WOOT train.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
Whatever it is, it will just be a disappointment. Don't get hyped.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]im not getting my hopes up. the september suprise? the mystery game? E3? so many times nintendo has gotten our hopes up, not this timeSepewrath

No several times the hype created here on the forums by yourself and your fellow users, and articles on what COULD happen lead to diappointment. Nintendo never made any promises those times, and they havent this time. But the same way you just blamed them for something they didn't cause, I'm sure come October 3rd if people dont get what they were expected they will blame Nintendo for something was yet again their own fault.

well thats exactly what im saying, nintendo build so much hype by not revealing anything EVER, but telling us there is something, like a mystery box. this is a thready about what we think will happen, and i am not going to get my hopes up because nintendo, once again, has not said anything in regards to the matter except that there is something

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#47 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
Good news. I ope they announce some good, core games
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

It would be cool if they annouced a new franchise.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

I want to see their reaction to the MASSIVE pirating increase problem that will popup in the next week or so.-Oath

Ummm, scratch that, its already starting:?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#50 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts
I hope it's better than their E3 press conference. I wasn't impressed.