Nintendo needs to ______.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DiaperRash89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DiaperRash89
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts

Keep this thread going, put what you think the big N needs to do in the blank. Here goes mine:

"Pay attention to the hardcore gamers and make an online experience worth experiencing, and their next console better make use of the technology the future has to hold." There's Mine.

Next...

tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
Try something new (you know, stop milking Mario and Zelda) that will appeal to hardcore gamers.
DiaperRash89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DiaperRash89
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts

Try something new (you know, stop milking Mario and Zelda) that will appeal to hardcore gamers.tktomo01

totally agree.

samus_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 samus_user
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

[QUOTE="tktomo01"]Try something new (you know, stop milking Mario and Zelda) that will appeal to hardcore gamers.DiaperRash89

totally agree.

ditto

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
tell me what 0/0 is because I know they know. :evil: :P I guess have Gamecube controller support on the Wii menu.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

stop spoiling the casuals too much, how about us core fans nintendo..... how about us.....

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

stop building games specifically around the controllers... "the french fry".... *yarg*

make more games that take advantage of the Fit board (no, this isn't the same as my prior comment, "take advantage of" is not the same as "hey, lets make a game where they have to hold the controller 250 different ways just to play it!")

CRman930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8 CRman930
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts
make a better next gen. console than Sony and Microsoft's next gen. consoles.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Arclight_Blue

make a better next gen. console than Sony and Microsoft's next gen. consoles.CRman930

please elaborate

RECON64bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RECON64bit
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts

make a better next gen. console than Sony and Microsoft's next gen. consoles.CRman930

That's what I want too.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Arclight_Blue

[QUOTE="CRman930"]make a better next gen. console than Sony and Microsoft's next gen. consoles.RECON64bit

That's what I want too.

and slap it with a $1000 price tag, you guys are just repeating the PS3's mistake

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
[QUOTE="RECON64bit"]

[QUOTE="CRman930"]make a better next gen. console than Sony and Microsoft's next gen. consoles.Arclight_Blue

That's what I want too.

and slap it with a $1000 price tag, you guys are just repeating the PS3's mistake

He probably just meant get with what the other consoles are doing, as in, install better online, better dlc, hdd, hd graphics etc...

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arclight_Blue
[QUOTE="Arclight_Blue"][QUOTE="RECON64bit"]

[QUOTE="CRman930"]make a better next gen. console than Sony and Microsoft's next gen. consoles.Lyphe2k

That's what I want too.

He probably just meant get with what the other consoles are doing, as in, install better online, better dlc, hdd, hd graphics etc...

well probably, but that would be difficult to attain since nintendo's controllers alone already cost an arm and a leg.

if youre thinking that the next Wii could be equal to the processing power of the next xbox360/PS3, sorry that wouldnt happen

Im guessing that the next wii console will be as strong as the xbox360, if not a bit weaker

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
Add a little more core games but STOP WASTING TIME SHOWING OFF CASUAL GAMES AT EVENTS THAT ONLY CORE GAMERS WATCH. What person that only plays nintendogs with their grandma is gunna go ooo lets watch The Electronics Entertainment Expo . Its like showing of monopoly at a D&D expo
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

Bloody well support third parties. Help them with (and inform them of) the tech and developing for it and the approval process. Give them the tools they need to develop games that are just as responsive as first party games.

Oh, and let us see what the average rating other Wii users have given a game is. I would LOVE to be able to break that down by gender and age (and also, please allow by country or at least region.) I mean, what is that slider bar in Recommendations for anyway?

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Arclight_Blue

Bloody well support third parties. Help them with (and inform them of) the tech and developing for it and the approval process. Give them the tools they need to develop games that are just as responsive as first party games.

clicketyclick

yeah, that would be nice if nintendo wants real 3rd party support they make the initiative to do so

Im pretty sure Lucas Arts was pissed off when nintendo didnt inform them about the Motion Plus

Avatar image for the_unnamed_son
the_unnamed_son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_unnamed_son
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
keep doing what its doing, money talks
JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

Nintendo needs to accelerate. Or, just speed up on the games. I realize that quality takes time. But, its almost like Nintendo is nothing but a bunch of 'stoners' who say, "Well, we need to finish that RPG that we've been workin' on for 14 months. Nah, who cares..................hand me another, bro."

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Arclight_Blue

Nintendo needs to accelerate. Or, just speed up on the games. I realize that quality takes time. But, its almost like Nintendo is nothing but a bunch of 'stoners' who say, "Well, we need to finish that RPG that we've been workin' on for 14 months. Nah, who cares..................hand me another, bro."

JERMINITIS

yeah, just like EA's Madden

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clicketyclick

yeah, that would be nice if nintendo wants real 3rd party support they make the initiative to do so

Im pretty sure Lucas Arts was pissed off when nintendo didnt inform them about the Motion Plus

Arclight_Blue

God, can you imagine? No doubt a number of devs were annoyed. And I was just reading an interview with one of them and they were asked if they were going to use Motion Plus. What could they say except for no? They hadn't even known it existed until mere days before. All the same, it makes them look bad in the interview and then Wii owners complain about third parties not taking full advantage of the Wii and squandering the possibilities. If I were a dev, I could understand getting fed up enough to just make casual fad shovelware because of just losing patience.

JERMINITIS

More like "Nah, who cares..... we're making money hand over fist so don't fix what ain't broke."

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
Release more srpgs, its sad when the Wii has maybe 5...
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
It'll never happen, but they need to stop accepting shovelware from developers. Games can't be published without Nintendo's "seal of quality" right? Nintendo needs to realize how important online gaming is and completely abandon the friend code system ASAP.
wassup432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#23 wassup432
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
Support their casuals AND their loyal Nintendo fans at once. They should also not rely on Mario and Zelda and try something else like Kirby, Starfox or F-Zero.
Alley-Cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Alley-Cat
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts

Keep this thread going, put what you think the big N needs to do in the blank. Here goes mine:

"Pay attention to the hardcore gamers and make an online experience worth experiencing, and their next console better make use of the technology the future has to hold." There's Mine.

Next...

DiaperRash89

I agree with what you said ^

kirbyfalco55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kirbyfalco55
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts
Support their casuals AND their loyal Nintendo fans at once. They should also not rely on Mario and Zelda and try something else like Kirby, Starfox or F-Zero.wassup432
Amen. In the time that I have been waiting for a real Kirby game, at least 12 different Mario games have been made, and then Nintendo is already working on yet another Zelda title, someday everyone is going to get get bored with playing the same old stuff. I mean a turtle kidnaps a lady, you follow him, jump on him a bunch, girl saved, two minutes later, girl kidnapped by turtle or cousin (Wario). Nintendo needs to make some good IP's and focus on some other important franchises, hopefully nintendo will not destroy star fox, kirby, or donkey kong (seeming somewhat likely) as they did with the ill-fated Mother series. I have faith though.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts
keep it cheap, stop adding stupid games like chicken shoot, add a completely new character at the very least, enhance the graphics just a little bit.
TheBeast789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheBeast789
Member since 2008 • 1414 Posts

Next...

DiaperRash89

ditto

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts

I know Nintendo isn't about graphics but...

"make a more powerful console next gen with powerful enough to rival Sony's and Microsoft"

Of course I won't mind even if it isn't powerful

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
make a nother smash bros game but with good online
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
Needs to take a good look at what really happened to them when they went from the SNES to N64.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts
MORE M-RATED GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

nintendo's doing fine.

Ruhdezee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Ruhdezee
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
make an online community that can talk to each other and not have to have to freaking exchange like 1000 numbers just to play together
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

keep it cheap, stop adding stupid games like chicken shoot, add a completely new character at the very least, enhance the graphics just a little bit.AmayaPapaya

Actually Nintendo had nothing to do with chicken shoot.

And nintendo needs to just continue doing what they have been doing. Theyve been tremendously succesful thus far.

petwoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 petwoip
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts
Make their systems more powerful. And please, don't tell me graphics aren't important. A game isn't as fun when there are blurry graphics. I am aware that several games have been made with GREAT visuals (SMG at #1), but if the hardware were more advanced then 3rd party developers with the really big games would make their games for the wii as well. This is why we don't get Resident Evil 5.
Overclockd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Overclockd
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts
Make a pokemon MMORPG.
Hyper_Tails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hyper_Tails
Member since 2003 • 144 Posts
keep up the good work! Although it would be nice to allow reading data from SD cards as part of a storage solution.
ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts
stop talking about how good their sales are cause gamers dont care as much about that as much as we care about games being released and more hardcore games for that matter.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
...Bring back better VC and stop making crap, hoping that their customers like crap. Of course we don't.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
tell us stuff
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Start actually revolutionising real game with their control scheme again, when I played TP I thought wow just imagine where things will go from here, then they didn't really :|.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

announce games 5 years before their release date, fans will be happier

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clicketyclick
Give VC users the option to buy as many points as they like, similar to a bank withdrawal. What if you want something that is 500 points? Or what if you have 500 points and want something that is 1000 points? Or what if you want something that is 800 points? Why must we overspend for what we want to get? Actually, why can't we just be charged for the download, rather than having to buy points and then download it?
harryone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 harryone1
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
make game that dont use motion sensitiviti
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
Annouce Starfox, Fzero and a new IP or 2.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#46 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
Make a new Donkey Kong platformer and produce a Star Fox game like the ones for the N64 and SNES.
NFSspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 NFSspeeddemon
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts

Nintendo needs to come out w/ a memory expansion that works way better than the SD card(for example a little flash-drive looking thing that plugs into one of the USB ports in the back of the Wii which increases the amount of blocks you have by a given amount).

Nintendo needs to put Super Smash Bros. from the N64 and Pokemon Stadium from the N64 on the VC

Nintendo needs to come out w/ a thing that allows the Wii to be able to play DVD's

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Arclight_Blue
Make more Casual Games they should totally make the next Zelda accessible for toddlers, cmon Nintendo I know you want it.......