Nintendo has gone down the drain!!!!!

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-HovA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -HovA-
Member since 2002 • 3773 Posts

I loved Nintendo in its 64 era but its just keeps going down..... year after year. Waiting for a game worth playing has never been this bad and the quality of games diminished greatly. They went completely toward the casual gamers.... I keep waiting and waiting but everything is garbage(besides SMG). I was in denial of Nintendo's complete turn to the casual gamers and having no intrest to the hardcore ones. It may be working for them now but the loyal fans are the hardcore ones..... so i expect them to take a turn for the worst in the long run.

ShockT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ShockT
Member since 2008 • 146 Posts

I disagree. First of all, you can download old classic games, the kind you like, on the Wii. Second of all, there are many great games other than Super Mario Galaxy like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Zelda Twilight Princess. Check them out. ;)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41568 Posts
I'd blog this if I were you. Or go to System Wars.
everlong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 everlong12
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts

I disagree with part of that statement. Nintendo hasn't gone down the drain completely. I think gmaing in general has lost its touch because they focus too much on online play. It takes too much focus away from the at home offline experience. That being said, there are too many fans who want both and I for one think Nintendo is doing a great job and to back me up, the numbers don't lie. I have enjoyed the games Nintendo makes and will probably enjoy them for years to come. I just think people are asking for more then they know they're getting.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

I agree, Nintendo went a little down hill with the GC. But with the Wii Nintendo totally fell down the hill and hit it's head. I've liked just about every Nintendo system, but I can easily admit the Wii is the worst.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
no offenses here but.......... ARE YOU ON SOME BAD MEDS?
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

I disagree. First of all, you can download old classic games, the kind you like, on the Wii. Second of all, there are many great games other than Super Mario Galaxy like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Zelda Twilight Princess. Check them out. ;)

ShockT

we get new consols so we can play new games not old ones that have been out for years and years dont get me wrong the classic games are a nice addition to the wii but they wont make the consol great and you say there are a lot of other games then SMG but you only listed 2

EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EpiphoneMan2008
the old 64 games are a great addition to the wii shop!!!!
jomaster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 jomaster007
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts

Super smash bros brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy------ that's 5 near perfect, (except SMG, that IS PERFECT), in 2 years the only reason people are complaining now is that they seem to think that becuase the casual crowd gets more games that must mean Nintendo spent more time and effort on them, play SMG and then play Wii music, could you honestly think that nintendoput even a 100th of theeffort onto all their casual games combined than they did onMario Galaxy

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Do some research. There are many amazing Wii games. But if you don't know they exist, you're bound to have that attitude.
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EpiphoneMan2008
i COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

If you can't find a good game since SMG then I wonder how much of a "hardcore" gameryou are, it's not Nintendo's fault you can't find a game...it's your own.

EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EpiphoneMan2008
i also agree with him ^^
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

i also agree with him ^^EpiphoneMan2008

well your a little agreeing machine arn't you?

EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EpiphoneMan2008
lol well i am a wii defender i am all Nintendo and have always been
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

I don't wanna set this topic on fire

-HovA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -HovA-

Super smash bros brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy------ that's 5 near perfect, (except SMG, that IS PERFECT), in 2 years the only reason people are complaining now is that they seem to think that becuase the casual crowd gets more games that must mean Nintendo spent more time and effort on them, play SMG and then play Wii music, could you honestly think that nintendoput even a 100th of theeffort onto all their casual games combined than they did onMario Galaxy

jomaster007

I will give you ssbb and smg but

• zelda:tp- Felt out-dated.... I had to force myself to finish the game with feelings of little accomplishment because it was so simplistic
  • Metroid Prime 3 - Been there done that kinda feel got half way through and just couldn't get back into it
  • Mario Kart - It's not good, its not bad, its just the same old Mario Kart we get every console cycle.
  • Animal crossing - A lazy and uninspired rehash which is nothing more than a quick cash in on Nintendo's new found casual user base (I was looking forward to this game the most)
  • Link's Crossbow Training- I just had to add this to show you how much Nintendo doesnt care (anything for easy money).....its sad that people spend the money on this game to keep themselves entertained.

-HovA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -HovA-

sorry double posted

Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

This takes me back to the early DS forum days when every week or so another complaint topic would be made. The Wii's third-party support is catching up, though, so I certainly wouldn't say down the drain. It's more like they're climbing back out of the drain the fell into before.

zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
Can't complain Nintendo has given us great games that have already been mentioned -SMG -SSBB -MP3 -MK Wii Don't forget too Nintendo will soon be releasing Punch-out!!! which I know everyone who grew up in the NES/SNES era is looking forward too and don't forget the 3rd part developers are gearing towards the so called 'hardcore' audience -RE4 -House of the dead: Overkill -Tenchu: Shadow assassins -Madworld -No More Heroes -The Godfather (I thought it was a good game) I'm probably missing some other games as well but the Wii has a nice library of games soon we'll be getting The Conduit
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Sure Nintendo's released some great games but their last good independent title was released a year ago, and even then it was just the same old Mario Kart with a steering wheel. And we all know that we get some good 3rd-party games but the vast majority of what 's released is crap. I have love for the system but I feel like we have to wait too long between good titles, and we don't get enough information about what they're doing to keep us excited.

Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Why do people care so much about the ratio of shovelware to good games? After all, the actual number of good games isn't affected by how many bad games there are. Is it because of the shovelware that actually sells?

webhead921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 webhead921
Member since 2009 • 684 Posts

I'm satisfied with my wii library, and there are still tons of games I want. I own

RE4

SMG

Zelda TP.

Super Paper Mario

Zack and Wiki

Wii Fit

Mario Kart

SSBB

Godfather

Bully: SE

Metroid Prime 3

There are still tons more games that I want, I just dont have the $$$$$$$$$$$

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
dont bother arguing or reasoning with the TC hes obviously to lazy to research good games and the Wii itself, so theres no hope
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

lol at the n64. I hated the console, its controls and its failure to produce a decent amount of games besides the ninty ones, which were what,less than20 in its lifetime?in the meantime the playstation ravaged and sold like 5 times more.It was a bad time for business and a horrible draught ofchoices for me as a gamer.Nintendo ruled in the nes-snes era.And now its coming back to it. Mkart is not like the n64 one by the way.this a horrible uneducated post from someone who lived in a cloud in an alternate dimension.

titles that keep that console afloat were zelda, m64,mkart, turok,paper mario(as inferior as it was to super mario rpg),golden eye,KI64,Crusin,star fox...wait it had no metroid that era either..dang..Also back then there was not a single decent RPG for the console, around2 fighting games.Thats pretty much all the big hits on a console on its entire lifetime.SO PULEASE thats like saying how awesome was the Jaguar or the Panasonic console 3DO.Now lets get to reality please and review the history lessons, the sales facts, the truth.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 intro94

Sure Nintendo's released some great games but their last good independent title was released a year ago, and even then it was just the same old Mario Kart with a steering wheel. And we all know that we get some good 3rd-party games but the vast majority of what 's released is crap. I have love for the system but I feel like we have to wait too long between good titles, and we don't get enough information about what they're doing to keep us excited.

Kojo222

to keep you excited since you only like ninty games, make that clear.im more interested in non ninty games actually.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

although I don't particularly care for what they've been releasing thus far for the most part, but at least they've been releasing product lol.

Everyone else seems to enjoy the games this gen (from Nintendo), so maybe I'm just being too much of a critic.

They do seem to have a nice catalog coming out within the next few years though. Nice 1st parties, and quite a few published titles (which they need to keep doing)

webhead921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 webhead921

lol at the n64. I hated the console, its controls and its failure to produce a decent amount of games besides the ninty ones, which were what,less than20 in its lifetime?in the meantime the playstation ravaged and sold like 5 times more.It was a bad time for business and a horrible draught ofchoices for me as a gamer.Nintendo ruled in the nes-snes era.And now its coming back to it. Mkart is not like the n64 one by the way.this a horrible uneducated post from someone who lived in a cloud in an alternate dimension.

titles that keep that console afloat were zelda, m64,mkart, turok,paper mario(as inferior as it was to super mario rpg),golden eye,KI64,Crusin,star fox...wait it had no metroid that era either..dang..Also back then there was not a single decent RPG for the console, around2 fighting games.Thats pretty much all the big hits on a console on its entire lifetime.SO PULEASE thats like saying how awesome was the Jaguar or the Panasonic console 3DO.Now lets get to reality please and review the history lessons, the sales facts, the truth.

intro94

the 64 produced ocarina of time, which is considered by a lot of people to be one of the best games of all time. It also produced mario 64, which was one of the most influential games at the time it was released.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 intro94
[QUOTE="webhead921"]

[QUOTE="intro94"]

the 64 produced ocarina of time, which is considered by a lot of people to be one of the best games of all time. It also produced mario 64, which was one of the most influential games at the time it was released.

Yes i respect the game and has my love.But its a single game.It didnt help the fact the console put nintendo in the back row and alienated millions of previous nintendo owners who went the other way. A single game, as grand as it is, cant compete alone.MG4 otherwise would have changed the situation for ps3.Get my point?Oh and i was ahead of such reply,since i did mention both games already.
AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AVIS93
Member since 2009 • 341 Posts

I think that your opinion is being widely influenced by people that say that Wii is for casuals. That's poor ignorance. Maybe the Wii has a lot of games oriented to casuals, but it has the biggest library of all consoles and you can find excellent options for hardcore gamers. In my opinion, Nintendo is in its highest point right now (maybe just behind its golden era with the Super NES) and has an excellent library (my second favorite just below that one of N64). Do some research, if you want truly awesome games, go get Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, Brawl, etc.

qazqazdabest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 qazqazdabest
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts

I love SSBB, I love MKW, I love Fifa 09, I love SMG and I love Okami, but that's really about it. Apart from those 5 games, I think I've spent maybe 10 hours total on the other games mostly Wii sports, the odd Mario Party and the first hour of Zelda (which I really disliked *.*) You take a look at the other consoles (Xbox 360, PS3), under the "Highest Rated" tab, and you get all this gold from the "Editor's choice" awards. Under the Wii section there are 2! There hasn't been a game really worth getting in a whole year. That's simply not good enough. I'm sick of waiting around for a game that's worth my time and effort. I'd much rather play more Brawl or Kart or finish Okami for the 3rd time. 3rd party games on the Wii are almost always downright awful, and Nintendo themselves can't keep making great games like SSBB every other month. They need 3rd party games to pull their weight, and they just aren't cutting it. The future looks bleak too which is really depressing. I'm only looking forward to the Conduit which won't be released for another 2 months, and I'm pretty sure it'll disappoint as well. The new play control games that are coming out are so unoriginal, even screaming that they aren't bothered to make a better sequel to a game like DK Jungle Beat or Pikmin. Nintendo really needs to make some good, innovative and original games to revive the console. I don't think the Wii is a bad console, just one that has gotten a little bit stale because there aren't any new good games.

Homeboy609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 Homeboy609
Member since 2003 • 83 Posts

The wii going down the drain?? I say they just sold out. They sold out to the casual. Like how most music sold out to it's "mainstream" media.

Wii defenders are doing a horrible job defending the Wii. Simply Wii has about 5 good games. The say that the critic doesn't know any of the good Wii games, yet I seen only one person in this thread attempt to name Wii Games. They only named 11. Half of them games everybody knows are good, the other half..uhh jokes?

Virtual console, mods ftw..

cheap hardware+gcn graphics..

And i feel horrible because i grew on nintendo, and i was so hyped for this consoles potential two or three years ago. No more peace.

webhead921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 webhead921

The wii going down the drain?? I say they just sold out. They sold out to the casual. Like how most music sold out to it's "mainstream" media.

Wii defenders are doing a horrible job defending the Wii. Simply Wii has about 5 good games. The say that the critic doesn't know any of the good Wii games, yet I seen only one person in this thread attempt to name Wii Games. They only named 11. Half of them games everybody knows are good, the other half..uhh jokes?

Virtual console, mods ftw..

cheap hardware+gcn graphics..

And i feel horrible because i grew on nintendo, and i was so hyped for this consoles potential two or three years ago. No more peace.

Homeboy609

I believe you were referring to my list. I was only referring to the wii games that I own and enjoy. Most of my list scored at least 8, all of them scored above 7. I enjoy all of them, so they are not jokes to me. I could make a much larger list including games that I would like to buy that I don't have.

No more Heroes, Okami, Scarface, Boom Blox, Trauma Center, Rune Factory, Madworld, Chocobo's Dungeon, Fire Emblem RD, COD WAW, MoH: H2, NPC Pikmin, HODTOK, RE UC, Animal Crossing CF, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero WT, Mario Strikers Charged, Skate It, Shaun White RT, SSX Blur, MLB Power Pros, Pro Evo Soccer, De Blob, Tales of Symphonia 2, Dokapon Kingdom

I'm not even going to try to make a list of vc/wii ware games that i think are worth a look. Also, a lot (not all) of the above games i've mentioned are exclusive to wii.

The point is, wii has plenty of solid games to keep most gamers busy. This list was just off of the top of my head. I'm sure I missed something, other posters feel free to add. If the list in my previous post in addition to this list don't contain any games that interest you, then you probably would be better off with another console. However, I am sure that there are plenty of us that are satisfied with our wii.

Shicezor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Shicezor
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts

Nintendo is the only one that makes good games on the Wii.

All other companies makes bad games that only lass 1 hour to finish and it wasn´t even worth the trouble. So I blame the rest, not Nintendo.

Since most only wants Online these days...

webhead921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 webhead921

Nintendo is the only one that makes good games on the Wii.

All other companies makes bad games that only lass 1 hour to finish and it wasn´t even worth the trouble. So I blame the rest, not Nintendo.

Since most only wants Online these days...

Shicezor

There are tons of good games made by other developers on the wii. You statement is false.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I used to think the same way as the OP until I got a new job that made it so I could buy games again, maybe the OP dosn't have the money to get all these great games that reviewers gave a 7 or 8 to as money for him/her is too tight to take the risk. Thats how it was for me anyway and I also had a blinded view of the wii.

Anyway.... Get the money, get the power, get the gir...ummm.... the Games!!!

g1rldraco7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#37 g1rldraco7
Member since 2008 • 2988 Posts
nintendo hasn't gone down because of all the casual and kiddy games that have come out. they're starting to unleash hardcore games again after so long. there are some good title you should try out.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 intro94

I think some people are too narrow minded.They use double standarts,they mention the lie of wii not getting good titles(they ignore Gamespot rankings and average score from players) but then they back up on the gamespots editor choice.So right there they are being impartial and false.What is more, they fail to mention 11 titles (exclusive of each console)that are all mighty and wonderful.They claim wii has many On rails shooters(we got like 6 at most?) while they shut their eyes on the sad reality that in one of their consoles half of their sales go just to one single genre,shooters.They would claim a game who is ranked 8 and exclusive like chronicles or madworld is good and worth getting.If you really want me to go into superb titles with wii i can go with tatsucap(import),Fatal frame(import), madworld,chronicles, HOTOD, MGalaxy,Mkart, tenchu 4(despite gs weird review), zack and wiki, NMH, Deadly creatures, Fire emblem, Tp, de blob, MP 3, Wario Shake it, FF chronicles echoes, Rune factory frontier, Animal C, and im not mentioning non exclusive titles for the sake of it, and this is in top of my head to be honest.So give it a rest .DOnt critize games you dont own, heard about, played or even seen.Thats inmature.And for completion sake,i have extensively played the ps3(and sold it)

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#39 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I loved Nintendo in its 64 era but its just keeps going down..... year after year. Waiting for a game worth playing has never been this bad and the quality of games diminished greatly. They went completely toward the casual gamers.... I keep waiting and waiting but everything is garbage(besides SMG). I was in denial of Nintendo's complete turn to the casual gamers and having no intrest to the hardcore ones. It may be working for them now but the loyal fans are the hardcore ones..... so i expect them to take a turn for the worst in the long run.

-HovA-
I know what you mean to a point. If I check the X360 and PS3 shelves at EBgames or whatever, there's at least a handful of games that appeal to me instantly. When I check the Wii shelf (I'm a Wii owner) I have trouble discerning exactly what might be a good choice for me. I put this down to the vast amount of different titles on the Wii now (shovelware or not). Also, I find the pricing of Wii titles completely irrational. The variance is huge (I'm talking new releases here). It's a really confusing system to try and build a library for...
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Have you already played Madworld, No More Heroes, Okami or Zack and Wiki ? Are you planning on buying Little Kings Story, Punch Out or Overlord ? I bet not. So, do it or be silent :)

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

why shouldnt they be allowed to speak here ? not all gamers like the games you like and by wiis limited quality game selection there may be ppl who dont like any of those games you have listed . there is really less compared to other consoles when it comes to serious mature single player gaming , but if someone expected wii to be like that, then its his own fault , they should just get the 360 its even cheaper then wii nowadays

lordoflol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lordoflol
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

There will probly come more games as time progress, SEGA has made some good games and there is one coming out soon The Conduit, which reminds me of half-life, it will probly be more games as time progress. Besides Nintendo is working on something as we speak, we will se what E3 has in store.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#43 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

disagree, they keep getting better

TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

Hmmmmm...

Super Mario Galaxy > Super Mario Sunshine

MP3 > MP2

Mario Kart Wii > Double Dash

City Folk > Animal Crossing (Not much has changed, but it's still improved.)

Warioware SM > WarioWare

And the Wii is only halfway through its lifespan. We'll hopfully be seeing Pikmin 3, Kirby, F-Zero, a new Zelda, Some more from Mario, and more.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

why shouldnt they be allowed to speak here ? not all gamers like the games you like and by wiis limited quality game selection there may be ppl who dont like any of those games you have listed . there is really less compared to other consoles when it comes to serious mature single player gaming , but if someone expected wii to be like that, then its his own fault , they should just get the 360 its even cheaper then wii nowadays

AmnesiaHaze

If mature single player games are only what you are into then you've got the wrong console. You should get one of those consoles that caters to those genres. If you enjoy playing everything then the wii is for you. It really comes down to individual taste and if you're not into mature single player (code word for FPS?) then the wii is the best console in terms of variety.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i have wii & ps3 , i like both consoles but ps3 has more games recenlty that i like , however the "real" games were awesome with wii controls like for example RE4wii wasbetter then RE5 when it comes to shooting , i dont think i got the wrong console anyway loved it 2006-07 but i had to buy PS3 for some exclusives last year + games which i couldnt run on my crappy PC and didnt play wii since then because i didnt saw anything interresting for me for a long time and the older games i had played almost all , finished the ones i liked already, but im planning to check out some recent games like madworld soon but im just too busy with the ps right now

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

TC, can you count? you seem to think Nintendo makes more games for Casuals

Casual titles made by Nintendo: Wii Fit, Wii music, Wii Sports, Big Brain Academy, Mario Party

Non-Casual titles made by Nintnedo: SUper Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Battalion Wars 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wario Land: Shake it, Dr. Mario Online Rx, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Publishing Fatal Frame IV in japan, Pikmin 3, Punch Out Wii, Sin and Punishment 2, Takt of Magic, Endless Ocean (well i can't say that screams either to me), Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario

why is it two casual titles, Wii Fit (which is good) and Wii music (aint bad either) come out, get good sales and good press and all the "hardcore" gamers turn into jealous babies who think nintendo puts more money into casual games?

Did you know Sony released 8 buzz games and 6 singstars across 3 platforms last year? why don't they get this flack?

additionally, nintendo gives the most to harcore nintendo gamers i'd say, when you add Wii and DS software together

Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

I love SSBB, I love MKW, I love Fifa 09, I love SMG and I love Okami, but that's really about it. Apart from those 5 games, I think I've spent maybe 10 hours total on the other games mostly Wii sports, the odd Mario Party and the first hour of Zelda (which I really disliked *.*) You take a look at the other consoles (Xbox 360, PS3), under the "Highest Rated" tab, and you get all this gold from the "Editor's choice" awards. Under the Wii section there are 2! There hasn't been a game really worth getting in a whole year. That's simply not good enough. I'm sick of waiting around for a game that's worth my time and effort. I'd much rather play more Brawl or Kart or finish Okami for the 3rd time. 3rd party games on the Wii are almost always downright awful, and Nintendo themselves can't keep making great games like SSBB every other month. They need 3rd party games to pull their weight, and they just aren't cutting it. The future looks bleak too which is really depressing. I'm only looking forward to the Conduit which won't be released for another 2 months, and I'm pretty sure it'll disappoint as well. The new play control games that are coming out are so unoriginal, even screaming that they aren't bothered to make a better sequel to a game like DK Jungle Beat or Pikmin. Nintendo really needs to make some good, innovative and original games to revive the console. I don't think the Wii is a bad console, just one that has gotten a little bit stale because there aren't any new good games.

qazqazdabest
Well put. Given the variety of games on the wii, I think it's a little unfair to put them in just 2 catagories especially ones so relative to the player or genre as "casual" or "hardcore". It's not about the # of games or exclusives either. I can't remember the last time in a year I've walked up to the Wii section and seen a game I didn't have to really convince myself to buy. The shovelware ratio does matter because seeing 1 good game for every 9 cash-grabs is a bit too much imbalance to ignore. I like the games I have, I'm just bein' honest about what I'm seeing now. Disagree if you want to.
hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hansolo14
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

I think Wii libary is 10 times better than the others two systems

buy games and have fun, then you'll realise how good is you wii :)

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="qazqazdabest"]

Kojo222

Well put. Given the variety of games on the wii, I think it's a little unfair to put them in just 2 catagories especially ones so relative to the player or genre as "casual" or "hardcore". It's not about the # of games or exclusives either. I can't remember the last time in a year I've walked up to the Wii section and seen a game I didn't have to really convince myself to buy. The shovelware ratio does matter because seeing 1 good game for every 9 cash-grabs is a bit too much imbalance to ignore. I like the games I have, I'm just bein' honest about what I'm seeing now. Disagree if you want to.

i don't mind it, the same thing happened with my ps2, and your points are very fair

of course i'd rather have 10 okamis up there but i wont, i understand why u feel that way, whether it bothers me or not