onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5267 Posts

A new Nintendo Direct will air tomorrow, February 13, 2019, Nintendo has announced. The company will be going over various Switch titles during the 35-minute presentation, including Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

The Nintendo Direct will air at the following times:

– 2 PM PT

– 5 PM ET

– 10 PM in the UK

– 11 PM in Europe

You can watch the Nintendo Direct as it happens below.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Yay!!!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Awesome. Bring it on!

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Maybe this will take us right up until E3 which is less than four months away.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Luckily it's at 9am for us here in Australia. In the past it's been at like 4-5 in the morning sometimes earlier. Looking forward to it though. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I won't get to see it as it airs, but later on at night I'll watch it. I'm hoping I'll be able to fire up my Switch and watch it right from the news feed on my TV.

It's gonna run for 35 minutes. Not sure if that is longer than a typical Direct but lots of time regardless.

I'll be interested in learning more about Fire Emblem: The Three Houses, but we'll see if all of the speculation has been true or not.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#7 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

It was pretty disappointing imo. Astral Chain looks cool. Links Awakening will be good but the characters designs are pretty kiddish.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

zelda artstyle is soso to me. I hope the lost forrest and stuff will look more beautiful. as well as other levels. the ones they showed were soso.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7254 Posts

Still nothing from retro studios I missed the direct I thought metroid trilogy was nailed on. Zelda looks great though great art style.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

zelda artstyle is soso to me. I hope the lost forrest and stuff will look more beautiful. as well as other levels. the ones they showed were soso.

What it looks like is a HD enhanced style of ALBW. I like it.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

One of the best Directs I've seen in a while!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KBFloYd

just played the yoshi demo.

already at first minute destroys kirbys epic yarn and yoshi woolly world put together.

there is also metroidvania in this. you have to go back to the level like 2 times and sometimes coming from the opposite direction. very cool.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KBFloYd

@Solaryellow said:
@KBFloYd said:

What it looks like is a HD enhanced style of ALBW. I like it.

yea it seems like it will be super cool but i got slight "new" super mario deluxe feel. in that the graphics are slightly plain. like im not seeing much shadows or light and god rays or bloom and stuff. seemed a bit plain. idk

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

What a great direct. I love this little system

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@xantufrog said:

What a great direct. I love this little system

Yeah, it was fantastic! Had a few surprises too (how awesome does Platinum's new game - Astral Chain - look!!!). And Link's Awakening!

Gonna be a great year for Switch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Mario Maker 2 - Looks like the next "new release" I'm getting this June. Always wanted to play the first one, will be fun to mess around with. Looks like it adds SM 3D World power-ups.

Zelda Link's Awakening Remake - I kinda like the look of it. It is kinda odd and kiddish, but at the same time I can see that it's trying to recapture the look of the GB game, and it kinda succeeds. The original is among my favorite games of all time, and my icon is even from that game, so I guess there is a really good chance I will get it. What I'm curious about is if there is new content. They said more will be said about the game later on.

Dragon Quest 11 S - This version will include a complete 2D "classic" version of the game that you can switch to. That is just so awesome!

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Coming late July! You play as a professor training students in one of three kingdoms. Confirmed that you can be male or female. I dunno if you can customize this character or not otherwise though.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Coming this Summer!

Astral Chain - PlatinumGames' new game, somewhat interesting. Comes late August.

Oninaki - Looks like it could be a decent action RPG, coming this Summer.

And of course FF-palooza, but right now I have too much else I wanna get.

I was happy with the Direct. It would have been nice to hear about some other games also, but I saw a couple of things that are buys for me.

I tried the demo of Daemon X Machina. Wasn't really my thing, though occasionally there were moments where the graphics looked neat and the mech play felt fun. I don't really get the impression that this game will break any new ground for the genre though.

And got Tetris 99. I placed 14th!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KBFloYd

just played the daemon x machina demo.

at first i was like great music. great artstyle. but when i got to the boss (the immortal) i started to realize i need motion control aiming. im just not good enough with dual analog. i spent like an hour in this boss because i kept missing the weakpoints. my neck is sore n shit.

If this game has no motion aiming then i am not buying it. its a switch exclsuive but doesnt take advantage of switch's abilities?

the bullet sponge thing is a slight annoyance but i can accept it if the aiming motion enabled.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7254 Posts

Don't know whether tunic inspired Zelda or vice Versa. Happy either way.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: yeah Astral Chain looks really unique!

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#20  Edited By bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

Very good direct, and we didn't even get Animal Crossing or Pokemon news. Looking forward to more on Oninaki and Astral Chain. Astrail Chain looks absolutely beautiful, I need to know more about this game.

Avatar image for tehwatergoddess
TehWaterGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TehWaterGoddess
Member since 2019 • 15 Posts

My IRL reaction.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5267 Posts
@Ovirew said:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Coming late July! You play as a professor training students in one of three kingdoms. Confirmed that you can be male or female. I dunno if you can customize this character or not otherwise though.

I think you can customize your "Avatar" as previous Fire Emblem games allow you to do. It would be a regression of the franchise to have skippy customization especially that Three Houses will appear on the Switch and not on the 3DS.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#23 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

Not really a fan of 2D Zelda but thought the artstyle was amazing, may consider trying a 2D Zelda again. Read up on this old game and it's suppose to be short and sweet.

Super Mario Maker 2 is a day one buy! Even if I never plan on continuing my subscription. I'm a big fan of games like Little Big Planet but they never have the fundamental polish of Marios platforming mechanics, while won't be as much an artist to canvas just good old Mario is welcome on my Switch!

Backers already knew Bloodstained RotN was coming in the summer but good that it was advertised for the normies (〜^ڡ^)〜

The rest I couldn't care for, even as a Platinum fan, no Bayonetta 3? No interest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@onesiphorus: Well I just don't want to assume you can customize the character just yet. I just remember that cutscene the character was present in - it would be something if every single customization option were reflected in cutscenes yet!

@RSM-HQ: They did mention Bayonetta 3 anyway, so at least it is news that it's in the works.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#25 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

@Ovirew: We already knew it existed, Bayonetta 3 had an announcement trailer in 2017. Two years ago. Teasing its existence but would rather work on six other projects comes across as patronising_

If anything would bet Platinum Games is waiting to see how Devil May Cry 5 pans out.

Or its the fact not many people buy the Bayonetta games so all these games are to fund the project itself.