• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

does anybody feel that the wii is sort of like the sega 32X in a sense. I mean you had doom and star wars arcade that showed off what the 32X could do, but most of the other games didn't really show off anything. Wii has got cool things to show off like FPS controls in MP3 and the real life like controls of tools via Zack and Wiki. Then you have games like Paper Mario, Fire, Emblem, Smash Bros, which are all good games, but they don't showcase anything really. It makes wii feel like sometimes I am next gen, sometimes I am not. Same with Mario Kart, yes we have the tilt for turning, but how else does Mario Kart play differently on Wii than on the others with the exception of online. Doing tricks has it's drawbacks and so forth. When is like every game going to bring "this is the new way to play and it works great" feel to the Wii.

dan543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 dan543
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts
no
natilator3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 natilator3
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i concurr: no

the wii was designed as a family gaming system, and that's what is showcased im almost all games.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
The 32X bombed, the Wii didn't. /Close topic
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

So you're saying not crap=complete crap?

Your logic astounds me.

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
Comparing Wii with Sega 32X......Unplug all your consoles and trade 'em in, you're not allowed to play video games anymore. Goodbye.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

does anybody feel that the wii is sort of like the sega 32X in a sense. I mean you had doom and star wars arcade that showed off what the 32X could do, but most of the other games didn't really show off anything. Wii has got cool things to show off like FPS controls in MP3 and the real life like controls of tools via Zack and Wiki. Then you have games like Paper Mario, Fire, Emblem, Smash Bros, which are all good games, but they don't showcase anything really. It makes wii feel like sometimes I am next gen, sometimes I am not. Same with Mario Kart, yes we have the tilt for turning, but how else does Mario Kart play differently on Wii than on the others with the exception of online. Doing tricks has it's drawbacks and so forth. When is like every game going to bring "this is the new way to play and it works great" feel to the Wii.

gamenerd15

agreed. there are a handfull of REALY great games on the Wii and a whole lota crapola. Of course its all in the eye of the beholder. Some people would be happy if ninty took a poop in a box and sold it for 59.99. Other people are a little more demanding. What i ove is the fanboys who will try there hardist to defend every thing nintendo by listing a bunch of half aresed shovel wear like its this ultamite gameing library. Hopefully this years E3 will showcase some good stuff. I think 3rd party devs are starting to take notice of the wii now that it has sold a zillioin units. Only thing has me worried is that maby to many og those sales were to people who will not buy the softwear.

How ever i do not agree with compairing it to the 32x

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
More like the DS. Some games use the touch screen exclusively, some use it a little, and some don't use it at all.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamenerd15
I didn't mean exactly like 32X in terms of business. The wii just hasn't showcased much for it's newest box. I guess I just expected more. Yes the one guy is right. There are a lot of people buying the wii, but most things outside of first party sell like garbage. This has already been noticed by 3rd parties and that is why they are weary of the wii and the control scheme. Like Konami and doing the whip over and over with motion control. They didn't want people to get tired from doing that. and so on.
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
I honestly can't find one good comparison between the Wii and the 32x. Sorry, it just doesn't make sense.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

I didn't mean exactly like 32X in terms of business. The wii just hasn't showcased much for it's newest box. I guess I just expected more. Yes the one guy is right. There are a lot of people buying the wii, but most things outside of first party sell like garbage. This has already been noticed by 3rd parties and that is why they are weary of the wii and the control scheme. Like Konami and doing the whip over and over with motion control. They didn't want people to get tired from doing that. and so on. gamenerd15

Sell like crap? The Wii has 11 million sellers that are third party. 11 out of 25 million sellers isn't bad for Nintendo(and yes Im couting wiisports cuz its sold over 3 mill in Japan where its not bundled).

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts

I honestly can't find one good comparison between the Wii and the 32x. Sorry, it just doesn't make sense.thebisonx

They both play videogames through a TV and use electricity. That's pretty much it.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

The only 32X game that was decent was Knuckles Chaotik.

Wii has nothing to do with this genesis add-on.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wild_Card

Sorry that's not a very good analogy. The 32x was nice tech, but it was WAY overpriced and at prime only had like 3 games. The Wii is more like the SNES. Some games were just slight upgrades from NES, but others were really awesome like Star Fox and Donkey Kong. I couldn't disagree with you more. Did you really give what you said serious consideration? The Wii is the most popular and top selling console, unlike the 32x. It also has something like 15 1million+ selling games, unlike the 32x which might have sold 10k of 1-2 games. You're entitled to think outside of the box, or perhaps in this case, dimension.

@Wild_Card...get real man, or boy/girl. Saying stuff like this makes you look like a delusional fanboy "Some people would be happy if ninty took a poop in a box and sold it for 59.99." Nintendo is no worse than any other console company in allowing games on their systems. They don't make those games. The games they make sell 5 million copies and get an average of 8-9 ratings. I can't possibly take someone seriously who disses on software when they can't spell it. Make a legit point instead of exaggerating. I'm sure you know more than GS and IGN who say there are 20-30 good to great games on the Wii.

gamecubepad
maby you should get real. i was not attacking ninty but the fanboys like your self. who have such low standerds.i could care less if you take me seriouse or not as your opinion of me does not make a deffernce .And if attacking my spelling is your idea of wanting to be taken seriouse then I'll stick to being me thanks.I was also not saying that Ninty does not make some good games. Your adding your own delusional fanboy thoughts into what YOU THINK i said.Also i know there are some bad games on other systems. but again i did not say there was not, in fact i did not in any way compair the Wii to any other system, again that is YOU projecting YOUR bias fanboy views into my post to try and defend your beloved system from an attack that is not even there. AS far as an average rateing of 8-9, lets see the offical data backing that up. and wich is it any way a average of 8 OR 9. Cant be both. Also as far as GS,IGN saying there are 20-30 good to great games weather thats true or not does not matter because thats not a big deal any way. So keep letting IGN and GS tell you what is good and what is not. I'll keep disideing for my self what is a great game. So yes i do know better than IGN or GS as to what I think is a great game.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

i sometimes call the wii the NES of the 21st century (though not often becuase..well...yknow....wii is shorter :P). there are quite a few comparisons.

1) the nes was focused on family games....like the wii

2) the nes suffered from an awful lot of crap....like the wii

3) the nes offered a relatively simple but still fairly radicle controller at the time...like the wii

4) nintendo focused on making affordable hardware from day one instead of going power crazy....like the wii.

5) nintendo promoted the crap out of the nes at the time....like the wii today.

6) the nes also had its classics...like the wii.

7) the nes definately gave the games industry something to think about....like the wii.

8) the nes had alot of addons...like the wii.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamenerd15

name the 11 that are actually good. Yes GH, Madden, Need For Speed will always sell even if they suck.

Resident evil games did, Red Steel (crap), rayman rabbids 1, Sonic ring game (crap) Carnival Games (garbage), Lego Star Wars (ok) I have found 8, turns out madden did not sell a million or need for speed. Where are the other 3 3rd party games?

Even so you would think with almost 30M worldwhide even the bad games would sell at least 100k.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamenerd15
I will agree with NES comparison once again people are taking my original statement way to literally. Yes 32X failed and was crap for the most except for 2 games, Metal Head and Star Wars. All I am saying it that it is like it in the fact that there are few games that show what it can do. Star Wars, Metal Head and Doom, were the only games to show it off. Just like Warioware, Z and W, and MP3 are the major players that REALLY show off what the Wii can do. Tilting left and right or waggle continuously don't cut it. I am not discounting SMG, or SSMB, or Mario Kart, but those don't show off much. MK shows that wii can do online well, wow it only took a year and a half. Yes all systems have problems, but the wii has more problems then people like to admit. Everyone likes to point the finger in 360 for it's failure to work or at PS3 for it's price tag and "no games", when the Wii doesn't show off a whole lot either. It shows by changing the standard controller in to a TV style remote and mouse pointer, you can make things seem like more than they are.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wild_Card
PS if you would have taken the time to look you would have seen that i edited my OP one minute after posting it so again you fail.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wild_Card

Haha. Nice try, bub. You added the "Eye of the Beholder thing". I'm a fanboy because you insult Nintendo games and when somebody calls you on it you edit your post and spin like a madman. Lol. Once again, here's what I said.

"@Wild_Card...get real man, or boy/girl. Saying stuff like this makes you look like a delusional fanboy "Some people would be happy if ninty took a poop in a box and sold it for 59.99." Nintendo is no worse than any other console company in allowing games on their systems. They don't make those games. The games they make sell 5 million copies and get an average of 8-9 ratings. I can't possibly take someone seriously who disses on software when they can't spell it. Make a legit point instead of exaggerating. I'm sure you know more than GS and IGN who say there are 20-30 good to great games on the Wii."

You notice how I specifically address your BS comment about Nintendo. You notice how I specifically mention that Nintendo is not responsible for what you call "shovelware" and the other systems have it too. You incorrectly put the burden of blame on Nintendo. That is ignorant, which means you are too. STOP SPINNING. Address this specific point I made about that BS quote of yours. Here it is again. I call BS and say you're wrong. I provided proof. Prove me wrong by backing this point.

"Some people would be happy if ninty took a poop in a box and sold it for 59.99. Other people are a little more demanding."

gamecubepad

poor guy, you just dont get it do you. I never insulted ninendo games. i insulted fan boys. The only spinning done is by YOU. i said JUST what i meant, that there is alot of crapo games on the Wii. And that i think its funny how some fanboys try to defend them. you have yet to realy address anything that i actualy said only what you perseave i said and to make fun of my spelling. And yes i know other systems have shovelwear to . i even said that. its YOU who bring that up. i never said that it was a problem ONLY with nintendo. Thats YOUR assumption on what i said. I didnt put any blame on nintendo. not once did i say it was nintendos fault. again thats your words,your assumptions and your perjections. And yes that is ignorant wich means its YOU who are ignorant. So STOP PROJECTINGwhat you think i may have ment into the argument.I have adressed the point already but your to fired up in you BS fanboy rage to have let it absorb into your brain.What proof have you given. Only thing you have done is give your assumptions,factless Game score averges and insults. but i will attempt to make it as simple for you as i can.

I said some people would be happy if ninty would poop in a box and charge them mony for it. Thats a figure of speach i supose you could say. i was saying that some FANBOYS will take what ever is given to them and be happy about it weather or not its a good game. I was not attacking nintendo, I was NOT saying nintendo does not make some great games,I did NOT say that other systems do not have shovelware,I did NOT even say that there is not a avg of 8-9 nine scores ,I did NOT say that there is not 20 or 30 good games. thats all BS that YOU said. all you have done is put words in my mouth so to speak. Other than that i cant figure out what proof you think i should give or that you diserve. in fact i have given you more "proof" and time than you deserve. you have done nothing but spout out BS about things that i have not even said. you have projected your fanboy BS into an argument that in truth exsist only in your own mind.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamenerd15

I did stay on point, you just can't grasp to point of an "analogy" I am stating that both systems haven't used the potential they have at the level it should be at. If you are going to spend 5 years working on a new controller then yes, I think people deserve a bit better than point and click and a few other things. You are just getting confused thinking that I am comparing Sega vs Nintendo as a whole. I am not doubting that 32X sucked and that it didn't go nowhere. I am just saying that it is similar in the fact that very few games showcase the system. I did not say that I hated SMG, SSMB, Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, or anything else. Those games don't showcase the remote . The only game I did not give respect to is Monkey Ball. Also well done with the Wiimote. As far as trolling and flaming the Wii forums, no I haven't done that, people ask why do you think about X about the wii, I give an opinion and that is it. It seems to me that a lot of wii owners can't take that some people might have a few problems with your "successful" white box.

How many games are out for wii like 300? How many of those really put the controller to the test? Even if there are 20 to 30 games out there that are good and do some cool things, that still is a relatively low number compared to how many games are available out.

Yes you are right, it is a matter of opinion. If spending 40 dollars on light gun arcade games that were made 5 to 10 years ago is your thing then more power to you. When I made the comparison, I wasn't bashing the wii, 32X could have been cool but it wasn't. I am trying to stick up for wii and say it can be and do more than what it is. If people are just satisfied with point and click with waggle, the developers will never expand.

It is funny how you claim that I attack the wii, but you made personal posts just for me and Wild Card, just to say our views were off topic and you were right.

I never even said X system is better than Wii. As a matter of fact I am disappointed with all 3 systems. None of them lived up to anything half of what they were supposed to.

If you really wanted to know what I expected from Wii I will tell you.

I expected that most of my actions would be realistic to the way it would feel in real life. I mean yes, I expected to move a character in a game would use an analog stick. Let's say it's an adventure game and I go up to a door, I should to open the door turn the wiimote like door knob and not push a button or waggle. if my guy has a sword I should be able to swing it left or right with my wiimote and it shouldn't take 4 times to register with the sensor bar. Shooting with wii has been done well. you point and push a button to shoot. Obviously if it is a move that uses the characters legs, I wouldn't expect you to kick with the wii mote. Fishing with zelda should have been more than wait for the bait to drop in the water and immediately pull it back out to snag a fish. It shouldn't take 4 downward motions with the nunchuck to make him do the spinning blade move. You should have been able to do that move by spinning the wiimote in a circle. That would have made more sense. Since it would be realistic to the way you would have done it, if you were actually him. I don't mean spin your whole body around either, I just mean do a circular motion with the wiimote itself. Since he spins in a circle, that would have made sense. In a racing, yes the tilting makes sense because it simulates turning, but when you go off track into the dirt, you don't have to turn harder or faster to get back on the road like it would really happen. In fighting games like bleach that was nothing but waggle and not actually doing the moves like they are done in the show. In Wii sports you don't throw the ball in baseball like in a real game, you just wave down. Last time I checked you didn't wave down to pitch a ball in real life. In tennis, it doesn't matter how slow or fast you swing the wiimote, your character swings at the same speed. Last time I checked, the faster you moved the harder a ball got hit in real tennis. The bowling actually does play like bowling and the golf actually does play like golf so props to that also.

They could make a game with swimming and you could push your left and right arms out and back like in real life for the game. and not just keep waving your arms because that's either and simpler for people to remember. I am not all against waggle in MP3 when you waggled to get a boss off of you made sense since you would push and squirm in real life.

How do you know what systems I even have? For all you know I could still only have ps2 and other last gen systems? All I have done is say that the wii could be a lot better. I am actually saying that I believe in Wii, want to play, and are saddened by the lack passion the developers have including Nintendo. I am also saddened by the fact that millions of people are satisfied with the quality that has been offered so far.

All you wii fans do is defend it no matter if something is bad or isn't. At least you aren't trying to say the game Crus'n is super cool like that one other guy. Yes now I am flaming him because seriously, Crus'n?

Most controls on wii don't play like how they would in real life.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wild_Card
yea im a bit disapointed with alot of the games controls as well. Seems most devs just take the lazy way out and are not even tring. Hopefully things will turn around.
dieasgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dieasgrey
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts
The Wii was originally going to be an add-on to the GC. I see what the topic starter is saying. For as many good things the Wii has done there are more bad things.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamenerd15
PS3's motion sensing are a secondary feature, therefor are not to be scrutinized at the same levels as wii's which are the primary attraction to the console. Not all games have bad motion sensing on the system. Folklore and Ratchet and Clank have used it pretty well, but most games use it like trash. Yes Wii motion is better then PS3's, it better be since it was buitl for that purpose. You still believe I compared 32X as a whole to Wii and still don't get it and haven't named any games and explained how the wii uses the controller well.
Avatar image for SilentWalker008
SilentWalker008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SilentWalker008
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts

not really. The wiis doing pretty great.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wild_Card
@Wild_Card,

I don't care what you "meant" in your opinion, I care what you SAID. So you admit that what you said was dumb. Why make a point that the Wii has crap games if it's common knowledge that all systems have junky games? I'm the "dumbist" SOB you've ever talked to. This is coming from a person who can't spell "dumbest". Prove your point or admit it was complete nonsense. Well, actually just stop posting BS, idiotic comments like that. I couldn't pay for entertainment this good. Dance partner!*shoots six-guns at your feet*.

gamecubepad
LOL. of course you dont care what i ment. you dont even get what i said, as you keep adding your words in for me. And no i dont admit any thing i said was dumb, again thats what YOU said and thought.In fact you have no ground to stand on with the your arguement that you only care about what i SAID.As you have done nothing but ignore what i have said and add you own factless BS. I made the point that the Wii has some crap games because i wanted to. And maby its not common knowlege. who is to say?Fact is you are a fanboy who projected your assumptions on to my post and got owned for it. i would say nice try but it was not even a good try. And yes i make some spelling errors but i hate to tell you you made a few your self. Maby you should spend less time dancing and more time practising reading comprehesion skills. Or at not taking every thing so litaral. Of course i was not being litaral when i said poop in a box. i supose in the future i should remember that there are some people on line that are so simple thay cant figure such things out lol.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gamenerd15
to dieasgray, yes I believe you caught on. People are being taken in by the "cheap price" and even for that price, they aren't really getting their money;s worth. No system ever is worth the money you pay out, but I mean GC hardware is $100 and to add online is like $50, so Nintendo is telling me that the controller alone is worth about $80 to $100. Wii Sports can't be worth more than $20 stand alone. $80 for a mouse and then some is pricy.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Wild_Card
to dieasgray, yes I believe you caught on. People are being taken in by the "cheap price" and even for that price, they aren't really getting their money;s worth. No system ever is worth the money you pay out, but I mean GC hardware is $100 and to add online is like $50, so Nintendo is telling me that the controller alone is worth about $80 to $100. Wii Sports can't be worth more than $20 stand alone. $80 for a mouse and then some is pricy. gamenerd15
i cant agree with that. the system is well worth 250$ just that alot of the devs are not giving us or monys worth in the software. or did i missunder stand your post.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gamenerd15
I am not stating poor controls, how people are using the controller, just like how people didn't use the power of the 32X. What I am comparing is how developers aren't using that much of what is there, whether it was power or a way to use a controller. What you are suggesting is that only similar things can be compared and that different things can have no similarities. Yes you did name games but did not explain the exactly how they made a difference in the way you played. You and I agree on some games. We are not that different you and I,
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamenerd15
In a sense my comparison was incomplelte. What I am actually comparing is why development back in 32X days didn't use the potential of that system because of poor sales, but then we have a successful system with development that don't use it all that well all either. Then what I would also have to compare is the changes in demograph between before and now. We also should analyze how image also plays an important role in getting people to buy things. Yes let us expand even further. Learning is good for the soul.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wild_Card
you know what gamecubepad, Im not going to argue any further with you. what ever you want to tell your self that i said is fine with me. in fact thats what you have been doing any way so kool for you. have fun contenuing to argue with your self about what you think some one said or about what you think the avg game scores are or well.. what ever. im done.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gamenerd15
Yes on those games you mentioned did play well with it. Once again though like I stated, it is a lot of point and click like a mouse. UC is pretty much a light gun game similar to that you would find in an arcade, only longer. I am not doubting that there aren't any games that use it well. I agree with you on some of the games you mentioned. All I am saying is I think a lot of people expected more than point and click. From Warioware, Metroid, Monkey Ball, and Zack and Wiki, I expected at least 60% that quality as an average. There will always be people who put out crap. All I am saying is to read in most reviews, that the PS2/PS3/360/PSP versions play better and have more features than the Wii isn't helping to justify anyones purchase of that system. Not that they play a huge part in games anyway. I disagree with reviews a good bit of the time myself. I am just saying, for all the people that own it, you would think that the developers would really go to the limit to show off why this remote does a fatality to all other controllers.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gamenerd15
sorry I started this topic everyone, except GCpad. You need to accept difference of opinion, you are in every thread that says something questionable about the wii.