Next Couple of Weeks are going to be great for Wii-Owners

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
Now I know the Wii is currently in that unavoidable drought of games that occur after christmas and especially after a launch. However I have to admit that the next couple of weeks looks pretty damn good for what is supposed to be a bad period for games. Check it out:

February 14th we get Wiiplay. Not a major release, but I actually want to get it to have another game to pop into the wii when I have newbies trying it out.

February 20th we get Sonic and the Secret Rings which is looking quite promising

February 2th we get SSX Blur. SSX games in the past have been quite fun (particularly SSX 3 and Tricky) and this one looks promising as well.

March 5th we get Mario Party 8. Ok, it might be getting a little old but they are fun, and I have to admit I like the the Mario Party games.

March 13th we get Prince of Persia Rival Swords as well as TMNT. I'm particularly excited about Prince of Persia as the only one I've played was Sands of Time and this has been a very high quality series.

March 20th, we get Godfather: Blackhand. I'm very excited about this game as well as I never played the Godfather game and I've been craving a sandbox type game lately.

March 26th, we get Medal of Honor: Vanguard. I had never played the WWII games (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, etc.) until recently when I got my hands on a cheap copy of the gamecube version of Medal of Honor: Frontline. I'm currently playing Frontline and I like it so far, so I'm pretty excited about Medal of Honor: Vanguard.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
It looks OK.
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
I already have Wii Play, and really like the look of SSX Blur and Sonic. I'll pass on the Prince of Persia series as I played them all on PS2, and will wait for reveiws on Mario Party, Godfather and MOH:V
BaconBallz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BaconBallz1337
Member since 2006 • 3017 Posts
Wii Play is teh sux0rz. Trust me, it's a tech demo.
Darklayk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Darklayk
Member since 2006 • 661 Posts
[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"]Now I know the Wii is currently in that unavoidable drought of games that occur after christmas and especially after a launch. However I have to admit that the next couple of weeks looks pretty damn good for what is supposed to be a bad period for games. Check it out:

February 14th we get Wiiplay. Not a major release, but I actually want to get it to have another game to pop into the wii when I have newbies trying it out.

February 20th we get Sonic and the Secret Rings which is looking quite promising

February 2th we get SSX Blur. SSX games in the past have been quite fun (particularly SSX 3 and Tricky) and this one looks promising as well.

March 5th we get Mario Party 8. Ok, it might be getting a little old but they are fun, and I have to admit I like the the Mario Party games.

March 13th we get Prince of Persia Rival Swords as well as TMNT. I'm particularly excited about Prince of Persia as the only one I've played was Sands of Time and this has been a very high quality series.

March 20th, we get Godfather: Blackhand. I'm very excited about this game as well as I never played the Godfather game and I've been craving a sandbox type game lately.

March 26th, we get Medal of Honor: Vanguard. I had never played the WWII games (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, etc.) until recently when I got my hands on a cheap copy of the gamecube version of Medal of Honor: Frontline. I'm currently playing Frontline and I like it so far, so I'm pretty excited about Medal of Honor: Vanguard.

wii play is pretty dull ( worth it for the remote maybe.....but you'll play the games once and never come back, trust me) the other games kick ass though
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
Wii Play is teh sux0rz. Trust me, it's a tech demo.BaconBallz1337
Yeah, a bit! It pretty much serves you to get accostumed to the controller! The only replay value you'll get is trying to get all platinum... But still, it's worth 10$
lynchdogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lynchdogg
Member since 2006 • 570 Posts
meh give me something I can sink my teeth in to like mario galaxies or metriod, resident evil these ones are to lame
CoffeeSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CoffeeSquid
Member since 2005 • 97 Posts
Sounds... okay.

Still don't think it's worth picking up one yet, needs more games like Twilight Princess.
FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FLYmeatwad
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
Looks like another Dry spell for me. Godfather might be good if EA works the Wiimote right though.
the_keenan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 the_keenan
Member since 2005 • 449 Posts
Mario party and Wii play are the only games that interest me and the latter is only for another wiimote. Certainly not that exciting, though the VC games recently have been much more promising and I hope the trend continues until some good wii games are released.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Still waiting for Excite Truck here, to name one.
foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts
Yous went Feb 14th, feb 20th then you went feb 2nd? i don't get it.. SSX isn't out yet... i think it has to be a typo.. and besides.. POP:RS is just a remake of #3
jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#13 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
yeah i cant wait
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I don't think I'll get any of those. I'm waiting for Brawl. The DS will keep me company for the next few weeks.

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
and besides.. POP:RS is just a remake of #3foola12
so, what if you never played 3 lol
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

sorry man but what i see there is just a bunch of crappy games :?

the only i want from that list is sonic... maybe

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Prince of Persia is a remake of POP3 is it not?  Wii Play is not anywhere near the quality of Wii sports, and the other few don't really stand out much.

Mario PArty 8 might be kewl though, cause they've all been fun for me so far.

Rockingtime75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rockingtime75
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts
MP8 is the only Mario Party game I've ever looked forward to. The Wiimote is going to revitalize the series.
krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 krystians
Member since 2004 • 3577 Posts
I know for sure i will get SSX, and Wiiplay. I Wanna get Wiiplay because I might as well get a controller and a game all at once.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
hopefully metroid should be released in ~2 months
Avatar image for The_Dark_Jester
The_Dark_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Dark_Jester
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
The only ones I'm really looking forward to one that list where Mario Party 8, SSX Blur, and Wii play. Truth is I don't really want Wii Play but I do want a second Wii-mote, them things are hard to find up here...
tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
That's a horrible list. Things WILL get awesome, and the VC selection is fantastic, but for now, the releases are weak. Bring on Q2!
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#23 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
Now I know the Wii is currently in that unavoidable drought of games that occur after christmas and especially after a launch. However I have to admit that the next couple of weeks looks pretty damn good for what is supposed to be a bad period for games. Check it out:

That is pretty alright, but it's better than a video game drought.

Zerostatic0
hecklemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hecklemonkey
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
That list extends through 46 days.....last time I checked, 46 days was not a "couple of weeks". The only thing on there that interests me is SSX Blur, which I will probably buy.
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zerostatic0
That list extends through 46 days.....last time I checked, 46 days was not a "couple of weeks".hecklemonkey
Wow, I can't believe you wasted a post with that comment. If you have 7 dollars in your pocket and I ask you how much money you have and you say "I have a couple of dollars," nobody is going to call you a liar. Couple can either mean 2 or it can mean "a few." There is no cut-off as to where it stops, as long as the amount you're talking about significantly less then the majority (in this case the majority of the year would 26 weeks) then I don't see the problem.
tar82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tar82
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts
I would've wanted the TMNT game if they hadn't changed their goofy/happy image to more of a dark/Batman-esque one. Whoever's responsible for doing this to the new TMNT cartoon should be shot in the head. They have destroyed the Turtle's good name.
Sp1d3r-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sp1d3r-06
Member since 2006 • 1191 Posts
I'll be getting Blur, Godfather and Sonic hopefully. None of the others look too good though.
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ArmoJan
Member since 2005 • 3169 Posts
eh, it's ok.. Im not exactly jumping for joy.
umbriell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 umbriell
Member since 2002 • 1101 Posts
[QUOTE="BaconBallz1337"]Wii Play is teh sux0rz. Trust me, it's a tech demo.T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Yeah, a bit! It pretty much serves you to get accostumed to the controller! The only replay value you'll get is trying to get all platinum... But still, it's worth 10$

I like the idea of a game for $10 but the game doesn't actually cost ten dollars--the game and a Wiimote cost $50--they are inseperable as everyone already understands. Since I don't have the need for another controller at this point I will not be buying Wii Play. I may however wait to buy it used on Amazon for cheap. Say $10-14.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
I'm getting Blur, Sonic, probably the GodFather but my brother already has it for Xbox1, and I will defenately get Mario Party 8 because it is an Even number Mario Party and the even number ones have always been better then the odd nembered ones because the even ones always adds something new the odd numbered just uses the samething as the last even one.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#31 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
dont forget driver paralel lines comes on march 20 2007
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#32 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
they may make it seperate but for now its bundled ,
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
Yeah there is a good bit of games coming out I want... I still want to pick up Warioware... Cant wait for Wii Play, Godfather, and Prince of Persia, I think I might get TNMT for 360...
EC_24_JB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EC_24_JB
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
SSX is the best one on that list. I am going to be very skeptical about Sonic till i play it. I hope Vanguard is good, I need more FPSs. And Godfather will be garbage, quote me on that. 
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zerostatic0
I guess others aren't as thrilled as I am. I guess I'm just lucky that all these games appeal to me. I need to pick up some more wii-motes so I'm stoked that Wiiplay is coming out anyways. I've always been a Sonic fan and it finally looks like he's back. I really liked Prince of Persia: Sands of time but I never got to play the sequels so I'm stoked about Rival Swords. I had never played SSX or Medal of Honor until recently when I've gotten older games in the series (i.e. SSX Tricky & MoH: Frontline) and since I liked the older games, some new and improved sequels with Wii-functionality has got me hyped. And finally, I've been dying to play a sandbox type of game and from the trailers that I checked out Godfather looks pretty good. BTW, Did I forget to mention, that I was the biggest TMNT fan in the world growing up? I don't know, it just seemed like the stars aligned for me with the upcoming games.
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

that kinda sucks

i was hopping for Metroid in march but i guess thats not happening

bofe1234

Forum Posts