New to Wii (need help please)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts

Right well, i'm here needing YOUR help! I'm considering buying my girlfriend a Wii console as she, and her younger brothers use their Nintendo DS's a lot and she has said once or twice how she would really love one. Anyway, this'll be a pretty huge thing as i'm lookin at around £250 for the console wiht a couple games and stuff here in the UK.

Anyway what i need is your advice on the TOP 3 GAMES i should buy, with the console. What 3 games would you recommend i get along with the console.

ALSO, are there any fairly neccesary peripherals i should get? Anything thats worth the extra money to make the console that bit much better and is actually worth it?

Thanks guys!

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
If it's for her and her younger brothers get WarioWare, RaymanRR, and maybe Elebits or Super Monkey Ball.
Wiicraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Wiicraft
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts

On the basis that you're planning on playing on the Wii together, you'll definitely want to get an additional Wii Remote and a second Nunchuck. Some people recommend getting Wii Play, that also comes with a WiiRemote. It's alright to do that but the games aren't that great. (if you collect Nectar points you can buy them from Argos using the points btw).

You'll find that Wii Sports will keep you entertained for a while anyway.

Games that I know are worth the price:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - It's single player but definitely fun with two people trying to solve the puzzles together, you can always play with more than one profile if you like.

Rayman Rampaging Rabbids - More fun than you can shake a Wii Remote at.

Mario Strikers Charged: Two players can play online against 2 others, it's not that similar to footie.

hfm_brian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 hfm_brian
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

depends if your mrs is actually decent with games, my mrs is kinda "new" and she loves super fruit fall, and warioware. she also had heaps of fun helping me to finish zelda. i recommend warioware. and if you dont have a wireless internet connection, buy a nintendo wi-fi adapter, that way you can get her some virtual console games which are always fun when your bored. classic controller...

be sure to get another wiimote and nunchuck with the wii play, wii play is more fun than people say, especially for inexperienced players and good to help you learn how the wii mote works. cheers buddy

rabbit_pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#5 rabbit_pie
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
hey man, if you go to GAME and buy the £200 console with Tiger Woods you could trade in Tiger Woods and make a £5 profit, SAVING YOU MONEY :), also, if you go to game, you could buy the console one day, put reward points on your reward card then go back the next day and get £5-£7.50 knocked off the games you want to buy, thats what i did anyway :). Th best games are by far Warioware Smooth Moves, (wii sports comes with it), Big Brain Wii Edition (that comes out next friday) and if you want multiplayer Mario Party 8
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Super Fruit Fall : careful with it. You can play it for free on PC somewhere. And the prices for it on Wii vary greatly!
Wii Play : The minigames cost You about $1 a game. Since it's for multiple people, and everyone is bound to find one or two of the minigames funny, it's probably more than worth it.