NBA playgrounds switch finally patched! july 10th

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so it looks like we got the online patch and the first update patch.....

now we just need the 2nd patch and we are all caught up!

------------------------------

It's fair to say that Nintendo Switch owners with a copy of NBA Playgrounds have had their patience tested, with the wait for the game's much-needed major update going on for longer than expected. Appeased in early June with the promise of Shaq Fu: A Legend Rebornfor free, now the update for the game has finally rolled out.

It delivers a few key additions and changes:

• Online matches are finally available. It offers ranked matches, or you can setup Challenge matches with friends by using a code system.
  • The developers have "tweaked the entire shooting system from jump shots, to threes, to dunks, layups, and everything in-between. We've redone the timing, added a meter, and clarified the entire system."
  • 15 new players have been added including Isaiah Thomas and Dennis Rodman. Those two all-stars and 13 others will be unlocked through the regular packs in game.

It seems like a relatively meaty update based on the download time; if it hasn't already triggered for your copy go to the game's window, press the + button, scroll down to Software Update and select 'Via the Internet'. This writer will give it a whirl once the download is complete.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/the_nintendo_switch_update_for_nba_playgrounds_is_now_live

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KBFloYd

just played a few matches..... the lag was pretty bad..... but the game has been tweaked...need to practice the new....

but yea...these people are pro at stealing. thats one thing i can't get the hang of is steals.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

It's taking me some time to get down the new shooting system as well. It makes you wonder what the heck they were thinking with the original system. I'm guessing the 2nd patch has the additional tournaments. I'm sick of getting like 1-2 new player in packs. I'm around level 17, and i hear i think once you hit level 30 they are all good packs.

I had some issues with the online too. First few games exited, but after being patient i got a few games in. Seems like the key is utilizing the meter. Overall, I enjoy the game, and hope it continues to expand. I really wish i could trade my doubles for the cards i need with other players.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KBFloYd

@The-Butcher248 said:

It's taking me some time to get down the new shooting system as well. It makes you wonder what the heck they were thinking with the original system. I'm guessing the 2nd patch has the additional tournaments. I'm sick of getting like 1-2 new player in packs. I'm around level 17, and i hear i think once you hit level 30 they are all good packs.

I had some issues with the online too. First few games exited, but after being patient i got a few games in. Seems like the key is utilizing the meter. Overall, I enjoy the game, and hope it continues to expand. I really wish i could trade my doubles for the cards i need with other players.

i have yet to win a match online.....lol i thought i was good against the cpu...but these people are just as good as me and better...i miss shots and almost everyone online is deadeye :( ..... a couple matches i lost by 1 point!

anyway i am -bronze I- which if you know the ranking system is pitifully low.

--------------

@The-Butcher248:

yes it would be nice if you could trade cards......also a way to actually get gold packs.... or if i repeat a character in a pack the xp should go to my level instead of the player xp :P