motion plus games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts

does anyone know if there will be some "remakes" of games that will take advantage of the wii motion plus add-on? this would probably make buyers of the original games really mad but there are some games that had good ideas but poor controls.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

If you ask me, there is no need for the Wii Motion Plus, it is just something to spend more money on.

What was the price going to be about? somewhere around $40

No thanks.

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 japanesegoth

i think this is something that should have been included with the wii in the first place and that they kinda rushed it out. it definitely makes controls more precise and that's one of the things that i was expecting before i even got a wii. i'd rather not pay more than $20 for it though

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

If you ask me, there is no need for the Wii Motion Plus, it is just something to spend more money on.

snover2009

The Wiimote is not sensitive enough to respond to movement

It needs to be upgraded

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

Jaysonguy

It needs to be upgraded

Its been sensitive to movement since it launched.

It reponds to movement just fine the way it is.

I played plenty of Wii games, never did I say "Man I could use a more sensitive motion sensor right now."

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 japanesegoth

my problem is that with some gamesthey show you on the screen how you are supposed to move the wiimote to performa certain action, and you can just shake the wiimote all over the place and it will still do that action even though it was not even close to how they told you to do it. (speaking of no more heroes)

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

Jaysonguy

It needs to be upgraded

You know what sucks, though? There' won't be much use of M+ for quite some time. Look how long it took for third parties to figure out how to develop for the Wii. Guess how long it'll take them to jump on board with M+. Maybe I'm being too cynical on this, but I'm expecting M+ to be nothing more than a Wii Sports Resort peripheral for some time before we see anything else for it. Kinda like Wii Speak... there's a whole one game out right now that uses it, and as far as I know only one more game in the works that utilizes it (conduit). The balance board has a few games that utilize it, though, so maybe I shouldn't be so dismal. Either way, I'm happy that ninty is continuing to refine the motion controls. I just hope (but don't expect) we don't have to wait a year before developers catch up to the technology.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
I'm not really enthusiastic about the idea of more Wii Makes. But I will say this - if the next Zelda makes good use of wii motion plus with 1:1 swordplay and stuff like that I wouldn't mind it if Nintendo took the time to slap the controls onto Windwaker - It might be a worthy update for a worthy game.
eduardomatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 eduardomatus
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

I really dont get the whole idea? how is it more sensitive? and how will that recleft on games? will it make existing games more accurate? or is it something like the the balance board just for a few games? i think its kind of a scam, just like NDSi > NDSLite > NDS i mena why not doing it right the first time

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mike1978Smith

I really dont get the whole idea? how is it more sensitive? and how will that recleft on games? will it make existing games more accurate? or is it something like the the balance board just for a few games? i think its kind of a scam, just like NDSi > NDSLite > NDS i mena why not doing it right the first time

eduardomatus
It's just for new games. It's just a little box you plug onto your wiimote that has more motion sensors in it, giving the Wii more information about where the controller is, what position it's in, how fast it's moving, etc. The claim is that it will be 1:1, which means every motion you do with the controller will be reflected in the game.
NiNK517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NiNK517
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

i think this is something that should have been included with the wii in the first place and that they kinda rushed it out. it definitely makes controls more precise and that's one of the things that i was expecting before i even got a wii. i'd rather not pay more than $20 for it though

japanesegoth
NiNK517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NiNK517
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

my problem is that with some gamesthey show you on the screen how you are supposed to move the wiimote to performa certain action, and you can just shake the wiimote all over the place and it will still do that action even though it was not even close to how they told you to do it. (speaking of no more heroes)

japanesegoth
WELL SAID.....THATS SO TRUE!!
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

I doubt there will be many, if any, remakes that use motion plus. Remakes on the wii with current motion controls can get by with replacing a button press with a motion (without necessarily changing the on-screen motions). Motion plus with 1:1 controls are different. Not only would the remake developers need to configure the 1:1 controls correctly, but they would also need to change the on-screen character animations to account for movements wherever the player wants them to be (hence the other "1" in "1:1").

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

no, don't expect any of the NPC games to take advantage of M+. They're ports with Wii controls. Taking advantage of M+ would require to spend resorces on changing animations (like the above mentioned), and it would take time to do all that.

Plus, people would have to be able to play w/,w/o M+ as well? I don't think it would be wise/nor worth Nintendo's time to do all that, let alone....fair to us.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

Mike1978Smith

It needs to be upgraded

You know what sucks, though? There' won't be much use of M+ for quite some time. Look how long it took for third parties to figure out how to develop for the Wii. Guess how long it'll take them to jump on board with M+. Maybe I'm being too cynical on this, but I'm expecting M+ to be nothing more than a Wii Sports Resort peripheral for some time before we see anything else for it. Kinda like Wii Speak... there's a whole one game out right now that uses it, and as far as I know only one more game in the works that utilizes it (conduit). The balance board has a few games that utilize it, though, so maybe I shouldn't be so dismal. Either way, I'm happy that ninty is continuing to refine the motion controls. I just hope (but don't expect) we don't have to wait a year before developers catch up to the technology.

I don't know

The technology wasn't there when the Wii came out, so it's not like it could already be in there so is it ok that we may have to wait? I think so because no one knew if they wanted to do it.

tommy--F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tommy--F
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts

You know what sucks, though? There' won't be much use of M+ for quite some time. Look how long it took for third parties to figure out how to develop for the Wii. Guess how long it'll take them to jump on board with M+.Mike1978Smith
Tiger Woods 10 and Grand Slam Tennis both support M+ and are both being released in June - fairly close to now (and even closer to the release of M+). That's a pretty strong lineup of games available right off the bat.

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mike1978Smith

[QUOTE="Mike1978Smith"]You know what sucks, though? There' won't be much use of M+ for quite some time. Look how long it took for third parties to figure out how to develop for the Wii. Guess how long it'll take them to jump on board with M+.tommy--F

Tiger Woods 10 and Grand Slam Tennis both support M+ and are both being released in June - fairly close to now (and even closer to the release of M+). That's a pretty strong lineup of games available right off the bat.

Really? I had no clue third parties were on top of this. Good to know! :)
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
For the most part, ive never had any more problems with my Wiimotes registering motions then a game pad does. If you button mash, or swing your arms 5 times to swing your sword once, then it wont register. Slow, percise motions work just fine.
07pops07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 07pops07
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

For the most part, ive never had any more problems with my Wiimotes registering motions then a game pad does. If you button mash, or swing your arms 5 times to swing your sword once, then it wont register. Slow, percise motions work just fine.da_chub
i think you gotta compare waggle which is the current setup and 1:1 motion sensing which is what motion plus does this video is a good example

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I think that all the remakes will be out by the time Wiimotion + is released, so I doubt it.