More updates concerning the possibility of Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter 4

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts

"In yesterday's middle installment we had Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime wondering why Capcom hadn't made a "Wii execution" of "Resident Evil 5" and other recent Xbox 360 / PS3 hits. An answer was forthcoming — as was a discussion about underwear with a famous game designer."

Chris Kramer, communications director, Capcom, responds: "Both 'Resident Evil 5' and 'Street Fighter IV' were designed for high-definition graphics systems using Capcom's current in-house engine called MT Framework. To get 'RE5′ or 'Street Fighter IV' out on the Wii, we would have to create all-new versions of both of these games, which is something we're not opposed to doing. So the intention of both 'RE5′ and 'Street Fighter IV' was to go for graphical showcases, which is not what the center of the bullseye Wii is aiming for. However, we do have a lot of 'Resident Evil' action happening on the Wii and hopefully we will have more in the future."

Also, when IGN asked about SF4, Capcom replied,"Never say never"

Link

Any thoughts?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think people should go elsewhere for the superior versions instead of asking for watered down versions on the Wii

I mean come on, Dead Rising didn't prove anything?

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

They are just going to port it again on Nintendo's next system which will be in HD.

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

I could see Street Fighter coming over if Tatsunoko vs Capcom sells well.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41576 Posts
No Street Fighter IV Wii, keep Tatsunoko vs Capcom a Wii exclusive.
JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

I think people should go elsewhere for the superior versions instead of asking for watered down versions on the Wii

Jaysonguy

I liked Dead Rising.

Yet, let's be fair. I've never played it on another console. But, still, I liked it.

In reference to the topic: I'm not sure which is more annoying to me. The fact that RE5 isn't on the Wii, or the fact that a "Why isn't RE5 on the Wii?" topic comes up every 48 hours.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Six words: Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Why are we still talking about it?
fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

Jaysonguy

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Jaysonguy
Dead Rising was just a quick port. If Capcom would really put an effort into it they could make it as great as the original. Look at the Grinder, it has 65 enemies on-screen at once and it has graphics superior to Dead Rising Wii. If Capcom puts some effort they could nail Resident Evil 5 easily. Street Fighter 4 could be remade on the Tatsunoko engine and would still be good. It's all effort and dedication.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I've already played RE5 on PS3, and I can't stand fighting games anymore.

like people have mentioned, we that new fighting game.... and if RE (normal game) does come to the Wii, I hope it's something new. Capcom is a talented team, I want them focusing on new projects, not giving us something we could've already played.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

lancea34
Dead Rising was just a quick port. If Capcom would really put an effort into it they could make it as great as the original. Look at the Grinder, it has 65 enemies on-screen at once and it has graphics superior to Dead Rising Wii. If Capcom puts some effort they could nail Resident Evil 5 easily. Street Fighter 4 could be remade on the Tatsunoko engine and would still be good. It's all effort and dedication.

if they're putting it on wii then it's for money purpose so it's unlikely they'd take the time to make it a decent port. :?
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

I don't think neither of those games are going to come out for the Wii.

guitarheroF22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 guitarheroF22
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts

the wii isnt getting re5, get over it, and if it does, it is going to be total crap, so why would you even want it.

Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
Why are we still talking about it?Wintry_Flutist
Apparently because Reggie still is...
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Stop asking for ports.
Blue-N-Yellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blue-N-Yellow
Member since 2009 • 208 Posts

Wii is already getting a RE exclusive and an exclusive Capcom fighter, so I'm not sure if it really needs its own versions of RE5 and SFIV.

I wouldn't be opposed to them putting those on Wii however---I don't reject the idea altogether for fear of 'Watered-down' ports, because nobody can say right now what extent they'd be 'watered-down'; if its just graphics then that's fine, since nobody bought a Wii for superior graphics in the first place (least they shouldn't have).

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

some of you guys act like tatsunoko vs capcom is the most amazing fighter ever..its nothing special.

id much rather have sf4 then TvC

Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Jaysonguy

Proved to Capcom they aren't going to make money on half assed ports.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

some of you guys act like tatsunoko vs capcom is the most amazing fighter ever..its nothing special.

id much rather have sf4 then TvC

SF4 isnt that amazing neither. The Alpha series is much better and was released upon the PSX. If you want the superior version of RE the buy the Remake.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]Why are we still talking about it?Michael-Smith
Apparently because Reggie still is...

He was using RE5 as an example.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
This is old news, from GDC... [QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Six words: Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop

Four words: The Orange Box: PS3 Edition
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

SF4 isnt that amazing neither. The Alpha series is much better and was released upon the PSX. If you want the superior version of RE the buy the Remake.Dibdibdobdobo

the alpha series had some terrible balance issues. alpha along with street fighter iii also added way too many characters for no reason and didnt have anywhere near as big of an impact as street fighter 2. both alpha and sf3 almost destroyed the series

sf4 is not a bad game, the sales and reviews say otherwise. if anything, it revived the street fighter franchise

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Street Fighter 4 could be remade on the Tatsunoko engine and would still be good. It's all effort and dedication.lancea34

Agreed. The difference between the 360/PS3 version of Street Fighter 4 and a Wii version using the Tatsunoko vs Capcom engine would be minimal.

I don't really care about Resident Evil 5. And, quite frankly, having Tatsunoko vs Capcom as a Wii exclusive should be enough. The thing is that the Street Fighter franchise (Street Fighter II, Championship Edition, Turbo and all those games in particular) kind of have a history of being ported to A LOT of platforms. It feels kind of weird to see Street Fighter 4 stick with just three.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]This is old news, from GDC... [QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Six words: Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop

Yep. That was a bad port too.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="clicketyclick"]This is old news, from GDC... [QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Six words: Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop

Yep. That was a bad port too.

Exactly. But not because the system couldn't handle it being any better. The point is that, just because a system got a bad port doesn't mean that it will always be doomed to bad ports. RE5 doesn't necessarily NEED to be a bad port just because Dead Rising was, just as AC2 doesn't necessarily NEED to be a bad port just because The Orange Box was.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 haziqonfire

Exactly. But not because the system couldn't handle it being any better. The point is that, just because a system got a bad port doesn't mean that it will always be doomed to bad ports. RE5 doesn't necessarily NEED to be a bad port just because Dead Rising was, just as AC2 doesn't necessarily NEED to be a bad port just because The Orange Box was.clicketyclick

Yes, but considering those games were made for those consoles, I'd rather play them the way they were meant to be played rather than the after thought.

I'm not doubting they could be made well on the Wii .. its just that I don't see how they'd be the same game (in RE5's case).

SFIV - is one title I can see being brought over to the Wii without much hastle, it doesn't require a lot. Though I already have it so I wouldn't get it for the Wii.

Avatar image for AdmiralWolverin
AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AdmiralWolverin
Member since 2009 • 479 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

all that proves is that capcom have an awful business strategy look at cod waw though and we see that when devs make a normal port with a few less features, the controls can sell it over graphics if capcom makes a normal port rather than being defeated by the hardware before they begin, they could make a decent port of either game personally im not bothered though since i dont particularly want either game unless they fix resi 5, then id buy that
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
why would you want to play the same stupid games you've been playing for over 20 years? I want my Wii to have original games played in a way I can't experience on any other platform. Hasn't Boom Blox and Tiger Woods 10 not taught us anything?
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clicketyclick

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]Exactly. But not because the system couldn't handle it being any better. The point is that, just because a system got a bad port doesn't mean that it will always be doomed to bad ports. RE5 doesn't necessarily NEED to be a bad port just because Dead Rising was, just as AC2 doesn't necessarily NEED to be a bad port just because The Orange Box was.Haziqonfire

Yes, but considering those games were made for those consoles, I'd rather play them the way they were meant to be played

What determines whether a game is as how it was meant to be? Isn't how it's "meant to be" just simply however the developer makes it? If the developer makes a Wii version, then that's how it's meant to be.

It's impossible for them to just downgrade the graphics. They'd have to rebuild the whole thing from the ground up, and, like he said in that interview, with the focus being on something other than producing amazing graphics. They'd be rebuilding the game with a whole different goal in mind, and who knows, that could actually end up being the superior version, especially considering many people's complaints about RE5's stale and short gameplay.

You can't see how it'd be the same game, and maybe that's a good thing. They could very easily and without any problems extend the game with more chapters and areas, and still keep to the same plot. It's not as if they haven't done this in the past, and made extensions to the RE4 game included only in the ported versions. It's something that devs often do to get people to buy the same game over again on different systems, because there's just some extra content that you're missing in the other versions.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]SF4 isnt that amazing neither. The Alpha series is much better and was released upon the PSX. If you want the superior version of RE the buy the Remake.shoryuken_

the alpha series had some terrible balance issues. alpha along with street fighter iii also added way too many characters for no reason and didnt have anywhere near as big of an impact as street fighter 2. both alpha and sf3 almost destroyed the series

sf4 is not a bad game, the sales and reviews say otherwise. if anything, it revived the street fighter franchise

SF4 has terrible balancing issues (play online) has no customisation of characters like Alpha, No game can have to many characters and no Beat em up has ever had close to the same as SF2 and never will! Alpha series nor SF3 series destroyed the series. SF4 never revived the franchise as it never died.
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#33 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
To tell you the truth, I'd rather have the Bleach fighting games(from the DS) remade from the ground up for the Wii. They are excellent on the DS...imagine how great they could be on the Wii.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
honestly, it's just a way to keep the attention. it's not going to be released, give up already. capcom just cant say "no, give up, go bother someone else", so they say "nothing on our plans, but its not impossible"
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Dont waste money on halfsufficient ports
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

At this point, there's no reason and I don't care. Both RE5 and SF4 (well, less RE5, alot more SF4) should had come out on wii the same day they did for the other consoles.

duffham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 duffham
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts
If we were getting RE or SF, i would rather exclusive versions of the game which extend on different stories in the game. Maybe even an adventure like, back to the old days RE horror game. Thatd be sweet
07pops07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 07pops07
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

Six words: Dead Rising: Chop Till You DropHaziqonfire
this /end thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#39 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Amen.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
this turned into a flaming thread
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sonick54
[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]SF4 isnt that amazing neither. The Alpha series is much better and was released upon the PSX. If you want the superior version of RE the buy the Remake.Dibdibdobdobo

SF4 has terrible balancing issues (play online) has no customisation of characters like Alpha, No game can have to many characters and no Beat em up has ever had close to the same as SF2 and never will! Alpha series nor SF3 series destroyed the series. SF4 never revived the franchise as it never died.

what's wrong with online?
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sonick54
this turned into a flaming threadSoAmazingBaby
how? i don't see anyone insulting each other
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

I think by that he meant that the thread got the "hot" status on the Wii board.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clicketyclick
People forget that when RE4 was ported, it was graphically inferior - the textures were muddier and the dynamic and ambient lighting was just not there. Yet the graphically inferior version was laden with extra content that extended the length of the game without changing the plot, and this made the graphically inferior version the better one.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

While i would rather see a new RE game "not onrails thanks" on the Wii,Maybe one staring leon again! i would be happy to see a re5 port. the big thing would be to down grade the graphics but other than that it could be just as good. use a updated RE4 engine and have re4 Wii controls. No real matter for me as i have it on ps3 but i think it would be great for Wii only owners. It is a great game.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

People forget that when RE4 was ported, it was graphically inferior - the textures were muddier and the dynamic and ambient lighting was just not there. Yet the graphically inferior version was laden with extra content that extended the length of the game without changing the plot, and this made the graphically inferior version the better one.clicketyclick
a lot of truth in there.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

People forget that when RE4 was ported, it was graphically inferior - the textures were muddier and the dynamic and ambient lighting was just not there. Yet the graphically inferior version was laden with extra content that extended the length of the game without changing the plot, and this made the graphically inferior version the better one.clicketyclick

It wasn't the better one, it just had extra content that didn't have a place in the Resident Evil story.

The first version looked better and had more enemies on the screen. The other version looked worse, had less content in the actual game as far as enemy interactions and then tried to make it seem like a deal by adding needless content at the end of the story that was somehow viewed as a bargain.

So they got a watered down game that had extra missions that had nothing to do with the game (or at that point the Resident Evil universe)

Just like Dead Rising on the Wii was a watered down version that had extra content that didn't matter.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clicketyclick

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]People forget that when RE4 was ported, it was graphically inferior - the textures were muddier and the dynamic and ambient lighting was just not there. Yet the graphically inferior version was laden with extra content that extended the length of the game without changing the plot, and this made the graphically inferior version the better one.Jaysonguy

It wasn't the better one, it just had extra content that didn't have a place in the Resident Evil story.

The first version looked better and had more enemies on the screen. The other version looked worse, had less content in the actual game as far as enemy interactions and then tried to make it seem like a deal by adding needless content at the end of the story that was somehow viewed as a bargain.

So they got a watered down game that had extra missions that had nothing to do with the game (or at that point the Resident Evil universe)

Just like Dead Rising on the Wii was a watered down version that had extra content that didn't matter.

What are you talking about? The same amount of enemies were on the screen and the extra content had everything to do with the game. How can you say it didn't have a place in the RE story when it was a retelling of RE4?! How can yo--- oh wait, I didn't notice for a second who I was talking to.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#50 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Agreed. Buy a console for games that you want that will be done well on a console, if that console isn't enough buy another conle. Don't only buy one console and then act like you have so little to play that you need lousy ports of other console's games to be brought over to give you something to do.