This topic is locked from further discussion.

Led_Zeppelin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Led_Zeppelin2
Member since 2008 • 355 Posts
Mario kart Wii will sell better than SSBB?
WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 WolfWatch
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts
No. MKW isn't hyped as much as SSBB. Also MKW appeals to a more specific genre of gaming. While I will own both I would be sure that MKW will sell less (even though perhaps, it would not be of any less quality).
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
I don't think so. Smash Bros. was the top selling game on the GC, so I predict that (due to the continued awesomness) that the new Smash Bros. will be the most popular game on the Wii as well.
djcoldkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 djcoldkill
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

I agree. Plus, Mario kart wii will sell good and stuff, but Ssbb was really the game that everyone was waiting for.

Who knows? Maybe it will sell more, maybe not. It's possible, but still

TheMinority16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheMinority16
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
Smash should sell more, but the game might hype up the release of MK Wii, gathering more people in right away for the release.
Led_Zeppelin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Led_Zeppelin2
Member since 2008 • 355 Posts

more people will be more hyped when it comes closer to release date.

and if MKW would do a commercial that would help:D

djcoldkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 djcoldkill
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

Smash should sell more, but the game might hype up the release of MK Wii, gathering more people in right away for the release.TheMinority16

true

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
nope... though a certain Guy may disagree:P
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts

No. MKW isn't hyped as much as SSBB. Also MKW appeals to a more specific genre of gaming. While I will own both I would be sure that MKW will sell less (even though perhaps, it would not be of any less quality).WolfWatch

well said and simply stated. To put this statement in an easier way of looking at it, brawl opens up to every gamer or casual and was overhyped AND ssbb had top devs working on brawl. MKW will never get that much attention so sadly nintendo won't put as much effort into it.

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

I doubt it very much. Nintendo announced that Brawl has become the fastest selling Nintendo game ever, with over 800,000 being sold the very first day.

I just don't see the same kind of excitement and anticipation for Kart. Personally, I haven't been overly impressed with Mario Kart since Super Nintendo.

helius06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 helius06
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
really low chance,it will sell no doubt but will not be compeard to SSBB
Blacklucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blacklucario
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
well lets see...... smash bros...... 1.4million in a week or mario kart. beats me
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
I think MK has a strong chance of outselling Brawl. For one, it comes with a steering wheel, and that will attract people's attention. Secondly, I think a racing game of this style would appeal to a larger audience than a fighting game, especially considering the expanded audience of the wii.
maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#14 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts
No I do not think so, SSBB has been talked about for at least 2 years, and was supposed to come out a year ago, MKW is not as hyped as SSBB, so unless something amazing happens it will not outsell SSBB, but I don't care, I'm getting it anyway.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
nope... though a certain Guy may disagree:PZumaJones07

LOL. I think it will sell well but not as much as SSBB
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts

Mario kart Wii will sell better than SSBB?Led_Zeppelin2

Lol. Oh wait you're serious.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Mario Kart isn't near as well made as Brawl was. Also there has been very little hype generated for Mario Kart since it is aimed towards the none gamer/casual audience. Notice: Brawl includes more than the basic Mario Bros characters (Read: I'd like to see Captain Olimar or Captain Falcon in Mario Kart), Brawl has a story mode Mario Kart only has Racing Prix, Brawl has additional options for multiplayer (such as timed, stock, coin) that Mario Kart does not, there are bosses in Brawl, and Brawl is 4 player on the same screen.

The original Mario Kart was really good and so was the n64 version but they haven't really added anything new to the game since then (read: with exception to some more items and two player co-op racing). The only thing that might save Mario Kart would be if you had a destruction derby where pieces of your cart fall off (read: instead of balloons), and if the added characters to the game besides the regular group: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Wario, Yoshi, Birdo, Bowser, Boo, ROB, Piranah Plant, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Bowser. I don't think Nintendo truly realizes the potential of the racing genre. As of late they have thrown it aside as if it is not worth putting effort into making a truly good racer. It is true F-Zero GX was the best racer for the Gamecube and one of the best racers ever made. Unfortunately Mario Kart Double Dash sold better than F-Zero GX (Mario Kart sales were 4.6 million worldwide while F-Zero was only 250,000). Part of this was due to the fact that Double Dash was more of a multiplayer based game while F-zero was more focused on the single player content.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d495c81bdf
deactivated-582d495c81bdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 deactivated-582d495c81bdf
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts
Nope
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
No, Brawl will be the best selling game on Wii just like it was on the Cube. Mario Kart will sell millions but it won't do quite as good as Smash.
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#19 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
I voted "I don't care" because I honestly don't care....they're both so different.....