MK Blamed For Death - Here We Go Again

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Get ready folks... we're about to revisit that special point in history where Mortal Kombat is blamed for a guy with a 50cc brain killing someone. Where are the parents?

For those of you who don't know, a drunk teenager is being charged with the death of a little girl who was in the care of an older sister... allegedly he is a martial artist, and was performing back-kicks and power drops on a three-year-old. The mother had moved out, a bar hound herself, and the children were in the care of this tool and his girlfriend. Of course, it's gonna be the fault of the game not the circumstances of the unfortunates involved when ol' Hilary and her buddies start railing in the press.

It couldn't be alcohol... it couldn't be the lack of parental involvement... it's Midway's problem child recently revived on the DS that's to blame, just watch.

inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 inzaneetie013
Member since 2007 • 1385 Posts
when did this happen?
Nickster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nickster_11
Member since 2006 • 279 Posts
are people accually blaming a game for the death. who ever does is retarded. alcohol as much more influence than a video game
inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 inzaneetie013
I imagine myself doing kano's skeleton rip fatality when im pissed at my classmate.... i never wanted to do it in real life...i'd go to hell....
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ston3henge

It happened in a town outside of Denver, according to MSNBC... and yes the game is being prominently cited, it's a part of the headline, for cryin'-outloud. Trust me, the media will pick up that ball and run for the endzone. To the mainstream media, this game is a repeat offender. Mortal Kombat, Doom, and music lyrics were the scourge of the nation once during the 90s and now that one stupid, inebriated, misguided punk flapped his mouth during arrestreferring tohis MARTIAL ARTS TRAINED beating of a three-year-old girlas "inspired by Mortal Kombat".

It's not the game, it's the kid's Sensei... it's the kid's liquor intake... it's the lack of supervision... where in this boy's training did the teacher not see the flaws in character? When I trained as a young man in Tae Kwon Do, my instructor was careful to promote the people who demonstrated control and a mature understanding of the danger involved in the skills taught. Where was the leadership? Where were the parents? There are a lot more serious elements which contributed to this unfortunate series of events... the death of an innocent, especially one as violent and as drawn out as this case seemed to be (this was not the first sign of abuse detected, and shame on the teachers & neighbors who have come forward to say they had seen evidence but did nothing until it was too late), is a horrible thing to contemplate... but in examining the case "authorities" will begin pinning this outrage on anything they can, and an ex-con like Mortal Kombat is firtile ground for selling papers, magazines, and television programs...

... this case has little or nothing to do with video games, however it will be the biggest bullet point of any news agency reporting on it. Mark my words.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts

are people accually blaming a game for the death. who ever does is retarded. alcohol as much more influence than a video gameNickster_11

So true. I never woke up from a long night of drinking and said "man, if I didn't play videogames, I wouldn't have don THAT!" If I stayed at home playing videogames instead of going to the bar, I'd have a lot more money and brain cells.

inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inzaneetie013
why do other ppl say videogames is so bad yet they take alcohol and pot and stuff like that...its so unfair... and saying that pokemon and digimon were by demons poisoning every innocent child's mind.....
Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Ignite2k3
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts

lol... video games aint bad, infact, if there werent video games the world will be worst. Imagine if you had an urge to wreak havoc with guns and cars and other things, thank god for GTA. Simulation is important!

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
People just want a scapegoat instead of blaming people for their stupidity.
Game_Druggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Game_Druggy
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

He must have really been hammered.

The worst thing i did when i was drunk was.... Nevermind, i can controll myself.

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

He must have really been hammered.

The worst thing i did when i was drunk was.... Nevermind, i can controll myself.

Game_Druggy

Why the heck would the guy drink when it's his responsibility to take care of the small children? There's an issue right there.

matisrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 matisrock
Member since 2007 • 679 Posts

People who blame a video game under these circumstances are flat-out ignorant.

For those who possess it, ignorance is bliss. For those who do not, ignorance is hilarious.

greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts

People just want a scapegoat instead of blaming people for their stupidity.bluezy

nuff said.

Patheticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Patheticus
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts
A certain videogame attorney is probably grinning at this pece of news right now...
Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts

A certain videogame attorney is probably grinning at this pece of news right now...tsunamiwave

Phoenix Wright?

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
What is the heck is wrong with people. I mean it is horribile about the little girl but then (once again) for people to blame it on video games........................I hate stupid people!!!:evil:
StarFoxEXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StarFoxEXR
Member since 2007 • 689 Posts
Oh Great
wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts

People just want a scapegoat instead of blaming people for their stupidity.bluezy

thats exactly what it is. there is a level of accountability that has to be applied somewhere, and of course the overwhelming majority is going to use a more simple solution--blaming the game--instead of taking responsibility for the lack of supervision and societal problems. nevermind the fact that the kid was underage and drinking, or the fact that he was apparently not even mature enough to be watching this child in the first place.. its just like the lady who spilled hot mcdonalds coffee in her lap and sued the restaurant. remember folks, she won.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ston3henge
Recent reports suggest that people involved in the investigation call blaming the game ludicrous, and that the accountability lies elsewhere. This doesn't mean that the ignorant and half-informed masses won't start planning candlight vigils outside game stores though... it's the holidays and that brings out all sorts of nut-rods.
Matdredalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 Matdredalia
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts

How the hell is MK involved? Dude claims to be a Martial Artist, so it's obviously linked to Mortal Kombat? I'm totally lost..

It's terrible that the child was killed, but that drunken moron & the drunken, not-even-there mother is to blame, not a game.

jann_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 jann_101
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts

Last night I intentionally bumped my head on my bedside lamp hoping that i'd get some money..

Am I playing too much Mario..?

Antox-RX8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Antox-RX8
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts

Last night I intentionally bumped my head on my bedside lamp hoping that i'd get some money..

Am I playing too much Mario..?

jann_101
LOL!
Slayer9900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Slayer9900
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts
First of all... LOL and second I really think that the mother who wasn't there and that drunk retard should go to jail. I mean First DRINKING then practicing martial arts on a frigging 3-YEAR-OLD, I have to freaking admit that guy was born with a brain, the size of a pea. But I don't think we should put all the blame on the mother and the retard I think we should blame bars that allow anyone who even looks like a kid buy a drink even if he has an ID. Same thing with guns.
utakpulvoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 utakpulvoron
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts
Thats just not right. I mean if MK really really had an effect on players then shouldnt all off us who played it be doing the same? its not like it had a hypnotic effect. Its an isolated case and even though the kid was influenced by the game the problem is mostly with the kid.
fallofmanps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fallofmanps3
Member since 2007 • 6803 Posts

cant believe that this happened very sad. :(

Djammal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Djammal86
Member since 2006 • 6088 Posts
well if your gonna use a scapegoat atleast use a more up to date one :P
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
Couldn't have said it better myself. Seriously people are idiots and will blame anything then can these days to make them feel better. It's sad really.
Girman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Girman
Member since 2006 • 532 Posts
Video games have always been blamed 4 something wrong. Because no one has any proof of anything. Besides, street fighter is better than MK. But MK is a good game
naimneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 naimneto
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts

Why investigate the roots of the case? Nah, let´s just blame videogames, Japan and music, parents don´t like them either!

Then in the TV:

-Videogames are evil! they make people kill thenselves!

Seriously i use videogames as an relief, violence is part of the human being,and in ever age the human has an more advanced and inofensive way to discharge it, and every age has it chased hobby even books were one time, and this time the chased are the videogames. Sorry for my terrible english, im brazilian.