Miyamoto working on an undisclosed, new original game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Gamespot's article.

Thats right, according to Gamespot, in a interview with Miyamoto, he revealed to Zoomin Games that he is not only working on Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS), and Pikmin 3 (Wii U), But that he is also creating a new original game entirely. Despite the interview with Zoomin Games, no details on this new game or what system it would be on was given.

Something that I thought was funny is that in the video interview, at one part he says "But to be clear, I have no intentions to retire at all. I am not old enough to think about retirement right now." The Im not old enough part was what I thought was funny

He also states that he has no interest in developing games with "Photo Realistic" graphics. He said "When it comes to realistic games, you have to create something familiar." He continues by saying "I personally want to create something really different."

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
It's going to be something really small like Pushmo... probably DLC for the Nintendo Wii or Wii-U. He has already stated he's tired of making games that take years to finish. He wants to create something within the year.
Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

I'd rather it be a Wii-U or 3DS title myself. I feel the Wii has forseen it's death allready to be quite honest! Most new IP's in 2011 were either pretty good or mediocore at best, but seeing as this is miyamoto we are talking about, I'm almost 90% sure that it will be an enjoyable title :)

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

I'm certain I will enjoy his new IP, what ever it is. I'm also really looking forward to Pikmin3... :D

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

It's probably that new Ip he was talking about last year.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I'm guessing its on the PS3 :P But seriously, I too would assume its some small downloadable game for the Wii U or 3DS. Something he could possibly make himself, like he was talking about in those false retirement reports.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I hope its something big and not some small eshop game or casual title. I want a new pillar to their big 3 (Metroid, Zelda, Mario). WiiU preferably.

prostar343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 prostar343
Member since 2004 • 5258 Posts

I hope its something big and not some small eshop game or casual title. I want a new pillar to their big 3 (Metroid, Zelda, Mario). WiiU preferably.

NaveedLife

I have to agree with this. I would love a brand new IP on par with Zelda, Mario, and Metriod.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
It could be anything. He has mentioned he wants to develop smaller games, but that doesn't mean he is actually going to.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

It's going to be something really small like Pushmo... probably DLC for the Nintendo Wii or Wii-U. He has already stated he's tired of making games that take years to finish. He wants to create something within the year.Minishdriveby
I would love if Miyamoto worked on smaller games. He could easily put the eShop on the map. The more games like Pushmo, the better.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Wii Gardening.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Wii Gardening.ZumaJones07
Harvest Moon?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Wii Gardening.nintendofreak_2

Harvest Moon?

Wouldn't that be farming rather than full fledged gardening?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sepewrath

NaveedLife
Metroid is not a pillar, Donkey Kong does more for them than Metroid. DKCR did way better than any of the Prime games or Other M.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Sepewrath

Metroid is not a pillar, Donkey Kong does more for them than Metroid. DKCR did way better than any of the Prime games or Other M.

Are you sure about that?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

GreekGameManiac

Are you sure about that?

Technically, in terms of sales the 3 pillars of Nintendo are Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, but many people see Metroid as the 3rd pillar instead because it's one of Miyamoto's creations.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Technically, in terms of sales the 3 pillars of Nintendo are Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, but many people see Metroid as the 3rd pillar instead because it's one of Miyamoto's creations.spike6958

No it's not......

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

A new Miyamoto IP with a smaller team with him working on the front of things -- this could be very interesting :D.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sepewrath

Are you sure about that?

GreekGameManiac
Quite sure, the best selling Prime game is the first one, its sales pale in comparison to DKCR.
almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

NaveedLife

same here bro, but our dreams are usually crushed nowadays :P

MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

prostar343

I have to agree with this. I would love a brand new IP on par with Zelda, Mario, and Metriod.

lol, where did this nonsense come from - who decided those ,,3 pillars''? You can't possibly talk about the sales, because Metroid is niche by Nintendo standards in two out of three of the big videogame markets and even in the US, it isn't even a guaranteed million seller. You also couldn't be serious suggesting that these are their only high quality series. Smash Bros and recently Donkey Kong Country have proven to be significantly more successful and great games at the same time. Not to mention the still enormous sales of Pokemon. World wide, even Kirby should be more succesful than Metroid.

Also, give this man a break. He has given this industry so much, let him do whatever pleases him. It would be disappointing to have him making another project like Nintendogs or Wii Fit, but it's not like he's the only competent developer there. Just recently Monolith Soft have proven to be a great addition to Nintendos 1st Party by releasing the best console JRPG of the whole generation, that also happened to be a new IP and it has been confirmed by them, that theyre already making a WiiU game. More alongside that, with projects like Pushmo and the usual huge catalogue of quality series at Nintendo, they can not make much more and are easily the best and most diverse publisher in the industry. It should be the 3rd parties making more games in the same vein as Nintendo and bring fresh ideas, instead of copying each other endlessly.

edit: As someone else pointed out. Yes it's true, in fact, DKC Returns sold more than the whole Prime trilogy combined :/