Metroid (Prime) MP?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
If there is gonna be another Metroid game for Wii, do you think it should have multiplayer, like Primes 2 and Hunters did? (Preferablly Nintendo WFC so I won't have to go to my DS to pwn people online on Metroid since Hunters is the only online game in the series)
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
Yes, but there should be more characters (although I can't think of any) to play as. Maybe you could unlock the bosses everytime you beat them in 1P mode. Only certain bosses though. That means not Kraid or Parasite Queen or anything like that.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
No. Multiplayer does not belong in the Metroid universe.

Hunters was a great example of why it shouldn't have multiplayer.

As for a new Metroid game, if anything it'll come to the DS or WiiWare in the form of a 2.5D title.
murray111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 murray111
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
i loved hunters for the ds and i think they should make a sequel of that game on wii and have more than 4 players over wifi and also the option of voice chat and even team play. I would buy it for sure!
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
No. Some series should be single player only. Metroid is one of those.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
If it was done properly, yes, as long as it doesn't effect the single player.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 haziqonfire
No. Some series should be single player only. Metroid is one of those.Rocky32189

I thought I was alone.

At least I'm not the only one who thinks its crazy.
AlmightyMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 AlmightyMax
Member since 2007 • 1087 Posts
N-O. Metroid's always been about the single-player experience. That'd be, like, a multiplayer Zelda, or a single-player Smash Bros.
CanderD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CanderD
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts
I don't know. I'm pretty sure that when people think of multiplayer, they automatically think of deathmatch, capture the flag, etc... I think that maybe a 4-player co-op would be pretty great. I could just imagine how complicated a 4 player puzzle could get.
murray111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 murray111
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts

I don't know. I'm pretty sure that when people think of multiplayer, they automatically think of deathmatch, capture the flag, etc... I think that maybe a 4-player co-op would be pretty great. I could just imagine how complicated a 4 player puzzle could get.CanderD

Online co-op with wii speak that would be better

WiiLover243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 WiiLover243
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts
i love that game. i rented it but i cant find it in stores anywhere
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
We disculed thhis before, most metroid fans want to play metroid not haloid
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]No. Some series should be single player only. Metroid is one of those.Haziqonfire

I thought I was alone.

make that 3
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
Absolutely. Prime 3 should have had it. It would have scored a lot higher if it did.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
If it was done properly, yes, as long as it doesn't effect the single player.Erebyssial
anyone who doesn't agree with this fails
get-some-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 get-some-pie
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts

As for a new Metroid game, if anything it'll come to the DS or WiiWare in the form of a 2.5D title.
Haziqonfire

Hunters was great. What is there to lose if you add multiplayer; (honestly the single player on Hunters was horrible) but there is the capability to easily add multiplayer. If you don't like it, then don't play it.

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]No. Some series should be single player only. Metroid is one of those.santanablu3

I thought I was alone.

make that 3

wow are you seriously that attached to samus that you cant see her wfc? nintendo did a great job w/ hunters...why? well you cant expect me to believe samus is the only force in space recovering artifacts as she sees fit. mph introduced new characters that fit so well into the universe that it almost seemed that the they were tailored rivals for samus. in short, put that chic online so i can hyper missle her! but dont screw attack my single player.
Fatkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fatkiwi
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts
Metroid is Nintendo's Halo, so yeah. But I don't want them to neglect the single player just because of the multiplayer.
SplashWarfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SplashWarfly
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]No. Some series should be single player only. Metroid is one of those.Haziqonfire

I thought I was alone.

And here I was starting to feel lonely. Metroid is one of the few Nintendo franchises that I feel hasn't been f*cked up beyond all recognition, and I want it to be kept that way. Hunters was terrible, as was the multiplayer in Prime 2 . More exploration, less streamline FPS BS, plz.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

the mp in echoes and hunters sucked.... they tried it and it failed, they shouldnt try again.

why do you think corruption didnt have it? because they realized it was crap

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
No, Metroid is originally a single player game. It was meant to be single player and should remain that way. Metroid just isn't fit for multiplayer. Many of the weapon upgrades are good with computer enemies but wouldn't work that well with human opponents. Should Nintendo want a game focused on multiplayer, they should just create a new franchise.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#22 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
I remember how last year before the release of Metroid Prime 3 many people here used to create the same topics hoping for a multiplyaer mode and I will say the same thing I used to post back then. The Metroid series is a single-player adventure, Hunters was an exception. I want to see the developers focusing all their skills and creativity for the single-player adventure. If we get a Metroid that has a deep multiplayer mode we will probably end up having a sub par adventure because the developers had to spend time working on online modes and other things.
Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mike885
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

Haziqonfire
Wow, that was completely wrong and you are obviously a fanboy from the old games. The best metroid game I had ever played was metroid hunters, which I liked so much because its story was tricky to get through 100% and because its multiplayer was so awsome. I'd go and play for hours on that game online. Plus to keep playing games over and over they have to have multiplayer, otherwise once you beat the game you get bored of it.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]No. Multiplayer does not belong in the Metroid universe.

Mike885
Wow, that was completely wrong and you are obviously a fanboy from the old games. The best metroid game I had ever played was metroid hunters, which I liked so much because its story was tricky to get through 100% and because its multiplayer was so awsome. I'd go and play for hours on that game online. Plus to keep playing games over and over they have to have multiplayer, otherwise once you beat the game you get bored of it.

*facepalm* Fission Mailed. EPIC FAIL!

Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and the Prime series says hi if you think Hunters was the best Metroid. Multiplayer doesn't make or break a Metroid game, it's all about driving towards the best single player campaign and if multiplayer comes into play, it should come after single player and not interfere with the single player.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Many critics saw the inclusion of multiplayer in Echoes as the reason for the single player experience being weaker than the original Prime title at the time. I suspect that would be the case again if a future title had multiplayer. Anyway, we may have seen the end of Metroid in a first person view after the split between Retro and Nintendo. They may explore new ways of presenting the game. Either way, as good as Metroid Prime Hunters is, it doesn't feel like a Metroid game at all really. So no, I don't think Metroid should have multiplayer again.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rocky32189

Mike885

Hunters in easily the worst game in the series.

To those who want multiplayer: have you played the multiplayer in MP2? It's terrible.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I thought I was alone.

I'm with you guys!

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 toadster101

[QUOTE="Mike885"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]No. Multiplayer does not belong in the Metroid universe.

Rocky32189

To those who want multiplayer: have you played the multiplayer in MP2? It's terrible.

It's terrible because Nintendo barely tried. If they tried, and sprinkled some of their "Metroid magic" all over it, added Wii controls and online, it would be insanely fun.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Mike885"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]No. Multiplayer does not belong in the Metroid universe.

Rocky32189

And to top off the crappyness of that game they didn't even have metroids!!!!!!!! they should have just called it Hunters

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
People saying multiplayer doesnt belong are stupid. If im paying money for i game i'll never say no to extra features that are free. As long as it doesnt impead on my single player campain add it. I dont care if its there or not but saying it shouldnt be there is like saying u dont want free candy.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 haziqonfire

get-some-pie

Hunters was great. What is there to lose if you add multiplayer; (honestly the single player on Hunters was horrible) but there is the capability to easily add multiplayer. If you don't like it, then don't play it.

Hunters was terrible. Metroid is not a halo clone. There is no need for multiplayer.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 haziqonfire

Mike885

Hunters was the worst reviewed Metroid game besides Metroid Prime: Pinball.

Obviously, something is wrong here with either critics or you bud;)

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Minishdriveby

People saying multiplayer doesnt belong are stupid. If im paying money for i game i'll never say no to extra features that are free. As long as it doesnt impead on my single player campain add it. I dont care if its there or not but saying it shouldnt be there is like saying u dont want free candy.webbut

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 toadster101

People saying multiplayer doesnt belong are stupid. If im paying money for i game i'll never say no to extra features that are free. As long as it doesnt impead on my single player campain add it. I dont care if its there or not but saying it shouldnt be there is like saying u dont want free candy. webbut

This.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 webbut

[QUOTE="webbut"]People saying multiplayer doesnt belong are stupid. If im paying money for i game i'll never say no to extra features that are free. As long as it doesnt impead on my single player campain add it. I dont care if its there or not but saying it shouldnt be there is like saying u dont want free candy.Minishdriveby

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

u no you shouldnt...but u still want too

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 haziqonfire

People saying multiplayer doesnt belong are stupid. If im paying money for i game i'll never say no to extra features that are free. As long as it doesnt impead on my single player campain add it. I dont care if its there or not but saying it shouldnt be there is like saying u dont want free candy. webbut

As I've said before. Metroid is no Halo clone. Metroid is solely a single player experience. That's that.

Adding multiplayer would be dumb. It hasn't worked in Prime 2. It hasn't been implemented well in Prime Hunters.

And now, the 3D series is over -- The game will most likely shift back to its 2D roots with a DS/WiiWare installment and not a 3D installment.

jatly0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 jatly0
Member since 2003 • 222 Posts
Metroid + Multi-player = WTF? Metroid was NOT designed to be a multiplayer game. Metroid is a single-player game! The only FPS on the Wii that is designed for multi-player is The Conduit 8) The Conduit is definately the Wii Halo.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

If it was done properly, yes, as long as it doesn't effect the single player.Erebyssial

This I don't see how you can be completely against multiplayer like some people are, if you don't want to use it fine, but saying it shouldn't be in there is sort of silly, unless the developers make a purely MP Metroid then I could see why you'd be angry, but if it effects nothing why care if it's there or not.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 webbut

[QUOTE="webbut"]People saying multiplayer doesnt belong are stupid. If im paying money for i game i'll never say no to extra features that are free. As long as it doesnt impead on my single player campain add it. I dont care if its there or not but saying it shouldnt be there is like saying u dont want free candy. Haziqonfire

As I've said before. Metroid is no Halo clone. Metroid is solely a single player experience. That's that.

Adding multiplayer would be dumb. It hasn't worked in Prime 2. It hasn't been implemented well in Prime Hunters.

And now, the 3D series is over -- The game will most likely shift back to its 2D roots with a DS/WiiWare installment and not a 3D installment.

Are u implying that ever game from the 1st person veiw is a Halo clone?

added features should always be placed in a game. I could understand not wating a co-op multiplayer campain or something of that sort but saying the game shouldnt have multipayer at all is riduculs. Mulitplayer should never be the main focus of a Metroid game(well unless they had a really good idea to back it up) but to say that No it shouldnt be there at all just because no of the other ones had them is ridculous.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 haziqonfire

added features should always be placed in a game. I could understand not wating a co-op multiplayer campain or something of that sort but saying the game shouldnt have multipayer at all is riduculs. Mulitplayer should never be the main focus of a Metroid game(well unless they had a really good idea to back it up) but to say that No it shouldnt be there at all just because no of the other ones had them is ridculous.

webbut

People who have played the Prime series often compare it to Halo. These are the only people who complained about a multiplayer feature. The game shouldn't have multiplayer. Its not require. It's not a multiplayer franchise. It's never been a multiplayer franchise. This is like me saying Mario should have 32 player death match where your are mario or luigi and the way you 'kill' your enemy is by jumping on them.

Its not ridiculous when the franchise has been a single player experience from the beginning. Again, thats like me asking for the next Legend of Zelda to have a 16 player death match or CTF .. it just doesnt work.

Just because its in first person view doesn't mean it needs a multiplayer mode.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 webbut

[QUOTE="webbut"]

Haziqonfire

People who have played the Prime series often compare it to Halo. These are the only people who complained about a multiplayer feature. The game shouldn't have multiplayer. Its not require. It's not a multiplayer franchise. It's never been a multiplayer franchise. This is like me saying Mario should have 32 player death match where your are mario or luigi and the way you 'kill' your enemy is by jumping on them.

Its not ridiculous when the franchise has been a single player experience from the beginning. Again, thats like me asking for the next Legend of Zelda to have a 16 player death match or CTF .. it just doesnt work.

Just because its in first person view doesn't mean it needs a multiplayer mode.

Just because its not required doesnt mean it shouldnt be there, Devs should always try new things with extra features. If they had improved on what they had started in MP2 and coninuted with what they had in MPH they could have had a solid multiplayer experince. Which would have made up for the other various faults in MP3. and if nintendo wanted to add some crazy multiplayer online mode to mario i would be all for it as long as my clasic mario gameplay was still there and i didnt have to pay extra for anything.I would be happy if every game had multiplayer.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 haziqonfire

Just because its not required doesnt mean it shouldnt be there, Devs should always try new things with extra features. If they had improved on what they had started in MP2 and coninuted with what they had in MPH they could have had a solid multiplayer experince. Which would have made up for the other various faults in MP3. and if nintendo wanted to add some crazy multiplayer online mode to mario i would be all for it as long as my ****c mario gameplay was still there and i didnt have to pay extra for anything.I would be happy if every game had multiplayer. webbut

Thing is Retro tried multiplayer with Echoes, it sucked. NST made Hunters, it had a terrible single player and a so-so multiplayer.

Yeah, they could add multiplayer to the Metroid titles.

Does it make sense to do so? No. Not in the slightest.

In all honesty, if you want them to "try something new" -- Multiplayer is not the answer ;).

I'd rather have them "try something new" with the core gameplay/art direction/weapon upgrades/story -- not adding a feature that simply does not fitthe Metroid universe.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 webbut

[QUOTE="webbut"]
Just because its not required doesnt mean it shouldnt be there, Devs should always try new things with extra features. If they had improved on what they had started in MP2 and coninuted with what they had in MPH they could have had a solid multiplayer experince. Which would have made up for the other various faults in MP3. and if nintendo wanted to add some crazy multiplayer online mode to mario i would be all for it as long as my ****c mario gameplay was still there and i didnt have to pay extra for anything.I would be happy if every game had multiplayer. Haziqonfire

Thing is Retro tried multiplayer with Echoes, it sucked. NST made Hunters, it had a terrible single player and a so-so multiplayer.

Yeah, they could add multiplayer to the Metroid titles.

Does it make sense to do so? No. Not in the slightest.

In all honesty, if you want them to "try something new" -- Multiplayer is not the answer ;).

I'd rather have them "try something new" with the core gameplay/art direction/weapon upgrades/story -- not adding a feature that simply does not fitthe Metroid universe.

I bet it didnt make sense for them to make a 1st person metroid but they did and they worked hard on it and it worked. If they just worked on the multiplayer instead of just throwing it togeather and adding it could work. Every game should have something more than just a multiplayer game unless that game is longer than 20 hours

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 haziqonfire

I bet it didnt make sense for them to make a 1st person metroid but they did and they worked hard on it and it worked. If they just worked on the multiplayer instead of just throwing it togeather and adding it could work. Every game should have something more than just a multiplayer game unless that game is longer than 20 hours webbut

The difference is they had to change the formula if they wanted to make it a 3D title. All the other major Nintendo franchises made a transition from 2D to 3D perfectly and they wanted the same for Metroid.

Again, yes, if they focus on multiplayer and single player, it could work. It might be great even. It still doesn't mean that Multiplayer belongs in a single player franchise.

Metroid has never been about a multiplayer experience. There is no point in adding mutliplayer here, just like there is no point in adding multiplayer in the zelda series. It doesnt fit, its not needed. It can be an extra, but its not needed.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rocky32189

Sorry, but you are completely wrong. Developers don't have unlimited resources. If they make a multiplayer mode, less time will be spent on the single player mode. Something has to be sacrificed.

Why aren't you complaining about no multiplayer in Zelda or Mario? Why only Metroid?

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 webbut

[QUOTE="webbut"]People saying multiplayer doesnt belong are stupid. If im paying money for i game i'll never say no to extra features that are free. As long as it doesnt impead on my single player campain add it. I dont care if its there or not but saying it shouldnt be there is like saying u dont want free candy. Rocky32189

Sorry, but you are completely wrong. Developers don't have unlimited resources. If they make a multiplayer mode, less time will be spent on the single player mode. Something has to be sacrificed.

Why aren't you complaining about no multiplayer in Zelda or Mario? Why only Metroid?

im not complainning about anything im just saying that extra is extra and to just say no to anything extra doesnt make any sense. no one ever says lets add multiplayer to Zelda or mario...probably cause they arent in the 1st person. and i already said that if those games had mutluplayer i would be happy.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 toadster101

[QUOTE="webbut"]People saying multiplayer doesnt belong are stupid. If im paying money for i game i'll never say no to extra features that are free. As long as it doesnt impead on my single player campain add it. I dont care if its there or not but saying it shouldnt be there is like saying u dont want free candy. Rocky32189

...because after seeing multiplayer and how it can be done in Metroid Prime Hunters/Echoes, there is no reason why they couldn't have even spent a little extra time adding multiplayer leaving the single player game untouched. Multiplayer fits the Metroid style gameplay, not Zelda.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 haziqonfire

...because after seeing multiplayer and how it can be done in Metroid Prime Hunters/Echoes, there is no reason why they couldn't have even spent a little extra time adding multiplayer leaving the single player game untouched. Multiplayer fits the Metroid style gameplay, not Zelda.

toadster101

How does it fit? The Prime series isnt your typical FPS. It's a FPA.

A multiplayer mode would not fit the series.

To me, Echoes and Hunters were both examples of why multiplayer should stay the hell away from the Metroid franchise.

Hunters is the worst reviewed Metroid title besides Pinball and Echoes is the worst title out of the trilogy.

There is a reason for that..

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
The gameplay elements aren't well-suited to a multiplayer mode.The multiplayer mode in Prime 2 was amusing,but it highlighted how the elements of Metroid don't mesh well with multiplayer.
get-some-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 get-some-pie
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

[QUOTE="webbut"]People saying multiplayer doesnt belong are stupid. If im paying money for i game i'll never say no to extra features that are free. As long as it doesnt impead on my single player campain add it. I dont care if its there or not but saying it shouldnt be there is like saying u dont want free candy. toadster101

A agree to this. Just because (to you) multiplayer wasn't good on those games doesn't mean it won't be good in the next one. There are whole new opportunities on the Wii. It's like saying, I didn't like Super Mario Sunshine, so I won't like Galaxy either. Tons of people didn't like Sunshine but loved Super Mario Galaxy. Why don't we think about the future instead of complaining about the past.