Metroid Prime 3-Any good?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nvs22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 nvs22
Member since 2006 • 1079 Posts

I dont mean to offend anyone because I know how theres a lot of hardcore Metroid fans there are here, but will this game be any different you think?  I have not been impressed by previous Metroid game and i'm just looking for a FPS like Halo.  I am a lover on Nintendo, but I've never seen the big thing with Metroid.  I'm just wondering if this game will be good enough to change my mind.

Thanks

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
Just like the first 2 primes, I'm sure this game will be superb, but metroid is not like halo at all.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Prime 2 was a downpoint in the series.
Nintendo understands that and wont make the same mistake twice
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
Prime 2 was a downpoint in the series.
Jaysonguy
what was bad about it?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Prime 2 was a downpoint in the series.
kidrock17xp
what was bad about it?

Personally I didn't see anything wrong with the game except that it didb't have a "hook" to draw people in, just like Reggie said.....

"I think it's fair to say that all of us were disappointed with the sales of 'Metroid Prime 2,' [the game's developer] Retro included. The focus on 'Prime 3' is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. ... What that means is we're going to make sure it's perfect when we launch it. I think this is one where your readers — the fans of Nintendo, the core gamer — need to recognize that when we release it, it will be perfect"
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
I never liked MP's, so im going to avoid MP3...
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Prime 2 was a downpoint in the series.
kidrock17xp
what was bad about it?

Too much of the same, nothing new, and um.. horrible ending cutscene ;) , but seriously, they didn't advance the series in anyway. The worlds had little originality to them. It was a fantastic game, but nothing really better than the last.

And if you want a halo like experience... get halo..... but thats beside the point. MP3, and MP in general, is a single player game. It is about exploring a vast and beautiful world solving puzzles and shooting aliens. If thats not your cup of tea then don't bother. It will be a stellar game none the less and everyone who hasn't given it a try should.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
I don't think you'll enjoy Metroid Prime 3 if you didn't like the first two. It will hopefully have the same great gameplay.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts
I never liked MP's, so im going to avoid MP3...soulfood4

thats dumb... no offense... XD

Look at the Previews and stuff, it looks to be more FPS like... you may like it :)
lone_wolf911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lone_wolf911
Member since 2005 • 6347 Posts
mp3 is going to be a master peice when its released
IronManPP6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IronManPP6
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts
Knowing the metroid on the GCN was a FPA, but looking at MP3 im going to say it's going to be a FPS, you know your not stranded on some planet anymore! troops and other hunters guarding your back(some what). this game will be a must have even if you hate metroid
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Metroid never was supposed to be a shooter. Neither is Prime 3.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
Like many things, Metroid seemed to have lost its spark when it went to 3D and became a FPA. If you want to see what made Metroid games so great, check out the 2D Castlevania games on the PS2, GBA and DS.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
I just like 2 metriod primes the only to perhaps. Gosh! but any way of course the game is sweet because of ummm. Well um okay it's just fun
Strider212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Strider212
Member since 2004 • 2524 Posts
Like many things, Metroid seemed to have lost its spark when it went to 3D and became a FPA. If you want to see what made Metroid games so great, check out the 2D Castlevania games on the PS2, GBA and DS. PikaPichu

Thus the horrid score it received, right?

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metroidprime/index.html?q=Metroid
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
[QUOTE="PikaPichu"]Like many things, Metroid seemed to have lost its spark when it went to 3D and became a FPA. If you want to see what made Metroid games so great, check out the 2D Castlevania games on the PS2, GBA and DS. Strider212

No, it's something that a score can't really convey. Only Metroid freaks like myself can understand. :(
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 12003 Posts
It won't change your mind.
Strider212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Strider212
Member since 2004 • 2524 Posts
[QUOTE="Strider212"][QUOTE="PikaPichu"]Like many things, Metroid seemed to have lost its spark when it went to 3D and became a FPA. If you want to see what made Metroid games so great, check out the 2D Castlevania games on the PS2, GBA and DS. PikaPichu

No, it's something that a score can't really convey. Only Metroid freaks like myself can understand. :(

I'm a metroid fan myself, but I thought it translated very well. Enough nostalgia to keep me satisfied, and enough innovation to keep me interested. MP2 was not nearly as good, but I am looking forward to using my arm as an extension of Samus' arm cannon. :) Castlevania did not translate well to 3D, but that was because sidescrolling is what defined the game. Metroid was about exploration, getting new gadgets to play with, and fighting huge bosses. Retro translated all of this, and actually gave some depth to the otherwise lifeless story.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_leet_kid

Like many things, Metroid seemed to have lost its spark when it went to 3D and became a FPA. If you want to see what made Metroid games so great, check out the 2D Castlevania games on the PS2, GBA and DS. PikaPichu

Umm, I disagree. I would compare Super Metroid and Metroid Prime to Super Mario world and Super Mario 64. both series had huge changes, yet both sets of games kicked ass.

nvs22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nvs22
Member since 2006 • 1079 Posts

[QUOTE="PikaPichu"]Like many things, Metroid seemed to have lost its spark when it went to 3D and became a FPA. If you want to see what made Metroid games so great, check out the 2D Castlevania games on the PS2, GBA and DS. the_leet_kid

Umm, I disagree. I would compare Super Metroid and Metroid Prime to Super Mario world and Super Mario 64. both series had huge changes, yet both sets of games kicked ass.

But still, this doenst apply to everything. Its not like Nintendo is going to let their biggest franchises have a crappy main game right? They make sure that the changes are good ones. Other companies may take a risk Thanks for everyones input anyway! :)
bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
So the fact that It got great reviews and most people will say its an amzing games means the MP 1 lost its spark. You cant compare them, ones 2d ones 3d. They are both amazing games. But cmon every major website and magazine gave it above a 9 and mostly above a 9.5. Check Wikipedia under metroid prime and scroll down to reception.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wintry_Flutist
Making of Metroid an FPA was one of the best transitions ever. It's really hard to imagine Metroid immersion in third person view, unless the camera was kept really close to Samus.
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

The metroid series is very interesting. some people are absolutely in love with it and some down right hate it. i guess its the way u look at it. if you go into the experience expecting a shooter like halo with nonstop alien action you will be dissapointed. but if you go in expecting something new and different then you may just like it.

the Prime series is a first person ADVENTURE which means its mainly about exploring a vast world, solving puzzles, and doing a little first person shooting. so if you want a great fps then u may be a little dissapointed but if u want a good adventure game then give it a try.

Personally the prime series to me is just okay. its great but i never really got hooked. its very demanding and its a game if u stop playing for a month and come back your screwed. because you wont know what to do and its better to just start over. so if u do play it. just play it through all the way in one time. also some parts are rather frustrating with "scanning things" and "backtracking" the whole map the game does get awfully monotonous. but if you can get past that, and if you really like the series its actually quite fun. i personally think MP3 is going to make me see it in a new light. it looks more stylized and like your moving forward more instead of backtracking.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wintry_Flutist

The metroid series is very interesting. some people are absolutely in love with it and some down right hate it. i guess its the way u look at it. if you go into the experience expecting a shooter like halo with nonstop alien action you will be dissapointed. but if you go in expecting something new and different then you may just like it.

the Prime series is a first person ADVENTURE which means its mainly about exploring a vast world, solving puzzles, and doing a little first person shooting. so if you want a great fps then u may be a little dissapointed but if u want a good adventure game then give it a try.

Personally the prime series to me is just okay. its great but i never really got hooked. its very demanding and its a game if u stop playing for a month and come back your screwed. because you wont know what to do and its better to just start over. so if u do play it. just play it through all the way in one time. also some parts are rather frustrating with "scanning things" and "backtracking" the whole map the game does get awfully monotonous. but if you can get past that, and if you really like the series its actually quite fun. i personally think MP3 is going to make me see it in a new light. it looks more stylized and like your moving forward more instead of backtracking.

bofe1234

It's not about "going past that". For a lot of people, that's fun. That's one of the several elements that adds to the immersion - do you expect a foreign planet geography to be ready to explore from one side to the other with no backtracking?

bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bofe1234
[QUOTE="bofe1234"]

Wintry_Flutist

It's not about "going past that". For a lot of people, that's fun. That's one of the several elements that adds to the immersion - do you expect a foreign planet geography to be ready to explore from one side to the other with no backtracking?

Well thats all my opinion really. some people may like backtracking but i dont really care for it. and in the trailer samus is on a spaceship and in a cutscene gets pulled out into space after a part blows up, grabs onto a part of the ship, and pulls herself back in. pretty impossible to backtrack then. also if MPH is any indication there will be less backtracking. but thats not really the main issue for me. the main problem was mainly just holding my interest. IMO the story is pretty well meh, at times i didnt even know what i was suppose to be doing, and there was really no motivation. *okay now walk all the way back across the map to find a key and walk to the other corner of the map to find that key then again, o wait now go into dark world and do it over again, then go back to the lock*. it got pretty old quick. but its still fun and the puzzles are pretty cool.

metroidprime_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 metroidprime_1
Member since 2006 • 4768 Posts

Look Prime 1 was an amazing game and was the best Gamecube game.

Echoes could have been better but was still good. Many people say Metroid Prime is not a shooter cauze u get to "LOCK ON" to an enemy

Prime 3 dosent do this there is not as much lock on. It will be an amazing game that does battle wit the Competion and does well

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wintry_Flutist

Well thats all my opinion really. some people may like backtracking but i dont really care for it. and in the trailer samus is on a spaceship and in a cutscene gets pulled out into space after a part blows up, grabs onto a part of the ship, and pulls herself back in. pretty impossible to backtrack then. also if MPH is any indication there will be less backtracking. but thats not really the main issue for me. the main problem was mainly just holding my interest. IMO the story is pretty well meh, at times i didnt even know what i was suppose to be doing, and there was really no motivation. *okay now walk all the way back across the map to find a key and walk to the other corner of the map to find that key then again, o wait now go into dark world and do it over again, then go back to the lock*. it got pretty old quick. but its still fun and the puzzles are pretty cool.bofe1234

What that part of the game has to do with backtracking? It's the first level of the game you don't need to backtrack and won't be able to get there once you land on a planet... Just as in MP1.

Anyway, MP2 wasn't really such a great achievement as MP1, though it improved several elements. But in MP1, backtracking is perfectly reasonable, you can avoid it in many places if you're not looking for 100% of upgrades, and the story is brilliantly tied to the game, with the scanning. You can hardly get more immersive and engaging than that. You may not like it, but you can't call that an error or a weak achievement.

And don't use MP:H as example, that was made for DS, to showcase online and push sales, it's not a main title hinting to the direction of the series...

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wintry_Flutist

. Many people say Metroid Prime is not a shooter cauze u get to "LOCK ON" to an enemymetroidprime_1

It's not cause you can lock on. It's cause it's not focused in shooting. Saying Metroid is a shooter is the same as saying Zelda is a beat'em up.

rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rahzel31
Member since 2004 • 2373 Posts
The Transition from 2D to 3D for Metroid was the best transition since Zelda.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_leet_kid

[QUOTE="bofe1234"]Well thats all my opinion really. some people may like backtracking but i dont really care for it. and in the trailer samus is on a spaceship and in a cutscene gets pulled out into space after a part blows up, grabs onto a part of the ship, and pulls herself back in. pretty impossible to backtrack then. also if MPH is any indication there will be less backtracking. but thats not really the main issue for me. the main problem was mainly just holding my interest. IMO the story is pretty well meh, at times i didnt even know what i was suppose to be doing, and there was really no motivation. *okay now walk all the way back across the map to find a key and walk to the other corner of the map to find that key then again, o wait now go into dark world and do it over again, then go back to the lock*. it got pretty old quick. but its still fun and the puzzles are pretty cool.Wintry_Flutist

And don't use MP:H as example, that was made for DS, to showcase online and push sales, it's not a main title hinting to the direction of the series...

yeah, MPH wasn't made by retro, and was more of a spin off.

bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bofe1234

[QUOTE="bofe1234"]Well thats all my opinion really. some people may like backtracking but i dont really care for it. and in the trailer samus is on a spaceship and in a cutscene gets pulled out into space after a part blows up, grabs onto a part of the ship, and pulls herself back in. pretty impossible to backtrack then. also if MPH is any indication there will be less backtracking. but thats not really the main issue for me. the main problem was mainly just holding my interest. IMO the story is pretty well meh, at times i didnt even know what i was suppose to be doing, and there was really no motivation. *okay now walk all the way back across the map to find a key and walk to the other corner of the map to find that key then again, o wait now go into dark world and do it over again, then go back to the lock*. it got pretty old quick. but its still fun and the puzzles are pretty cool.Wintry_Flutist

What that part of the game has to do with backtracking? It's the first level of the game you don't need to backtrack and won't be able to get there once you land on a planet... Just as in MP1.

Anyway, MP2 wasn't really such a great achievement as MP1, though it improved several elements. But in MP1, backtracking is perfectly reasonable, you can avoid it in many places if you're not looking for 100% of upgrades, and the story is brilliantly tied to the game, with the scanning. You can hardly get more immersive and engaging than that. You may not like it, but you can't call that an error or a weak achievement.

Exactly my point. from the preview it seems like a lengthy part and there is no backtracking. which proves my point that there might be less backtracking.

Agreed i didnt really like mp2 compared to mp1. but i wasnt saying that backtracking or scanning is a bad thing. its just something that i dont really care for. some people may like it but for me it just feels kindof redundant in parts. like if you want the secret cutscene you have to scan everything. thats rediculous IMO. the games hard enough. beating it is an accomplishment i should at least get something. sure scanning is an intregal part of some puzzles but dont make it require of every single object in the game.

Also i really like MPH. i dont know why so many people bash it. i think it is a solid part of the series and it is a part of the timeline in some way. just because its different doesnt make it bad. "its not a main title"? thats like saying DQ9 isnt a main part of the series just because its on the ds and different from the rest.

bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bofe1234
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="bofe1234"]Well thats all my opinion really. some people may like backtracking but i dont really care for it. and in the trailer samus is on a spaceship and in a cutscene gets pulled out into space after a part blows up, grabs onto a part of the ship, and pulls herself back in. pretty impossible to backtrack then. also if MPH is any indication there will be less backtracking. but thats not really the main issue for me. the main problem was mainly just holding my interest. IMO the story is pretty well meh, at times i didnt even know what i was suppose to be doing, and there was really no motivation. *okay now walk all the way back across the map to find a key and walk to the other corner of the map to find that key then again, o wait now go into dark world and do it over again, then go back to the lock*. it got pretty old quick. but its still fun and the puzzles are pretty cool.the_leet_kid

yeah, MPH wasn't made by retro, and was more of a spin off.

It still fits into the timeline and is a part of the franchise. it may not be the best but i dont think it got its credit. i really liked it and i dont know what the fuss was about it. sure it was different and took some chances but i think its just as good as the rest. also it did online quite well.

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_leet_kid
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="bofe1234"]Well thats all my opinion really. some people may like backtracking but i dont really care for it. and in the trailer samus is on a spaceship and in a cutscene gets pulled out into space after a part blows up, grabs onto a part of the ship, and pulls herself back in. pretty impossible to backtrack then. also if MPH is any indication there will be less backtracking. but thats not really the main issue for me. the main problem was mainly just holding my interest. IMO the story is pretty well meh, at times i didnt even know what i was suppose to be doing, and there was really no motivation. *okay now walk all the way back across the map to find a key and walk to the other corner of the map to find that key then again, o wait now go into dark world and do it over again, then go back to the lock*. it got pretty old quick. but its still fun and the puzzles are pretty cool.bofe1234

Also i really like MPH. i dont know why so many people bash it. i think it is a solid part of the series and it is a part of the timeline in some way. just because its different doesnt make it bad. "its not a main title"? thats like saying DQ9 isnt a main part of the series just because its on the ds and different from the rest.

He didn't bash it. I too like MPH, but I don't see how you don't realize it's not like the MP series at all. Also, your analogy makes no sense.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Wintry_Flutist
Exactly my point. from the preview it seems like a lengthy part and there is no backtracking. which proves my point that there might be less backtracking.

Agreed i didnt really like mp2 compared to mp1. but i wasnt saying that backtracking or scanning is a bad thing. its just something that i dont really care for. some people may like it but for me it just feels kindof redundant in parts. like if you want the secret cutscene you have to scan everything. thats rediculous IMO. the games hard enough. beating it is an accomplishment i should at least get something. sure scanning is an intregal part of some puzzles but dont make it require of every single object in the game.

bofe1234

Not exactly your point, from what we all know there are several planets to explore, that ship is nothing like a lenghty part compared to the rest. There will be just as much backtracking as in previous Metroids, unless Retro wants to really make of Metroid a shooter. Don't wish for a strictly linear game, that's not Metroid.

As for having 100%, that's called challenge and replay value, too bad for quiters.

I'm sorry, but does it say Metroid Prime 3: Hunters? It's a spin off made by some company while Retro was working on the real deal. But I can clearly see the "IX" under "Dragon Quest". There's nothing to discuss. MPH was done for the sake of pushing DS sales with an online FPS when the PSP still could have won... Unfortunately, Nintendo didn't have anything better than Metroid to make an FPS and a new IP wouldn't get attention. Just look at the logo: "More hunters. More ways to kill" Sure sounds like a proper Metroid Prime, huh?

Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Happy_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 4895 Posts
It will be fantastic - Nintendo is making sure of it.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Wintry_Flutist

It will be fantastic - Nintendo is making sure of it.
 Happy_Cloud

There.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
mehh i didnt like either of them that much IMO
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts

Wintry_Flutist

Haha too bad because I actually beat MP:H, as opposed to the unbeaten MP:2 save on my GCN because I didn't find some ancient kind of texts to open the last level (or something like that) and didn't feel that finishing the game was worth going back to find them. Maybe some day I'll check out a player's guide to find them, but I'm kind of busy with FFVI atm. :P

Oh, but don't get me wrong: I'll be there when MP:3 is released because I do like the series and I can't wait to see what they'll do with it on the Wii.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

FFXIsAstyanax

Haha too bad because I actually beat MP:H, as opposed to the unbeaten MP:2 save on my GCN because I didn't find some ancient kind of texts to open the last level (or something like that) and didn't feel that finishing the game was worth going back to find them. Maybe some day I'll check out a player's guide to find them, but I'm kind of busy with FFVI atm. :P

I am sorry, but the last time I checked, your beaten and unbeaten files don't prevent MP:H from being a spin off for a quick buck. The numbered Primes are the real deal.

rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rahzel31
[QUOTE="FFXIsAstyanax"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

Wintry_Flutist

I am sorry, but the last time I checked, your beaten and unbeaten files don't prevent MP:H from being a spin off for a quick buck. The numbered Primes are the real deal.

Yeah I didn't enjoy Hunters that much, it was trying to be run and gun while still being Metroid and IMO it didn't work.
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FFXIsAstyanax
[QUOTE="FFXIsAstyanax"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

Wintry_Flutist

You may consider it a spin off for a quick buck. But that does not invalidate my point that I personally found it to be more enjoyable than MP:2.

And numbers in game titles make no difference to me. Final Fantasy Tactics is a better game than FF7 could ever be, but you don't see S-E rushing to place a number in that game's title.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"][QUOTE="FFXIsAstyanax"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

FFXIsAstyanax

You may consider it a spin off for a quick buck. But that does not invalidate my point that I personally found it to be more enjoyable than MP:2.

And numbers in game titles make no difference to me. Final Fantasy Tactics is a better game than FF7 could ever be, but you don't see S-E rushing to place a number in that game's title.

Are you kidding? Your preference can't go against the fact numbered games are the main ones and consequently represent the series core - not matter if you like it or not.

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
[QUOTE="soulfood4"]I never liked MP's, so im going to avoid MP3...kansasdude2009

Look at the Previews and stuff, it looks to be more FPS like... you may like it :)

True, im not too open minded, but i'll probably try it out...
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I dont mean to offend anyone because I know how theres a lot of hardcore Metroid fans there are here, but will this game be any different you think?  I have not been impressed by previous Metroid game and i'm just looking for a FPS like Halo.  I am a lover on Nintendo, but I've never seen the big thing with Metroid.  I'm just wondering if this game will be good enough to change my mind.

Thanks

nvs22
Its going to be like the first two games, If you are expecting Halo or the typical FPS then you are simply wasting your time if you pick up MP3.
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bofe1234
[QUOTE="bofe1234"]Exactly my point. from the preview it seems like a lengthy part and there is no backtracking. which proves my point that there might be less backtracking.

Wintry_Flutist

Not exactly your point, from what we all know there are several planets to explore, that ship is nothing like a lenghty part compared to the rest. There will be just as much backtracking as in previous Metroids, unless Retro wants to really make of Metroid a shooter. Don't wish for a strictly linear game, that's not Metroid.

As for having 100%, that's called challenge and replay value, too bad for quiters.

I'm sorry, but does it say Metroid Prime 3: Hunters? It's a spin off made by some company while Retro was working on the real deal. But I can clearly see the "IX" under "Dragon Quest". There's nothing to discuss. MPH was done for the sake of pushing DS sales with an online FPS when the PSP still could have won... Unfortunately, Nintendo didn't have anything better than Metroid to make an FPS and a new IP wouldn't get attention. Just look at the logo: "More hunters. More ways to kill" Sure sounds like a proper Metroid Prime, huh?

Agreed it will probably have the same amount. but if the opening level is any indication maybe. i dont see less backtracking being a problem. I do think some backtracking is good but MP2 pushed it way too far and it just became repetitive after a while.

No its not called a challenge its called insanity. The method for getting 100% is soo lame its ungodly. *go into the room look at ever single thing, scan it, kill everything scan it, rinse and repeat in every single room there follows* its so pointless to the ending cutscene was BS and it wasnt worth it considering it was on xplay like a year later. sure maybe some people (all both of them) like to scan everything but you must agree that at some point it becomes annoying. seriously one thing missed could cause you to get a 99% instead of 100. which means more backtracking through every room until you find that one thing you missed. Insanity i tell you. Sure its not required but i like to fully complete games, but that is just asking too much.

It may be made by a different company but it doesnt mean it doesnt fit into the story or lend itself to other titles. Nintendo has to approve of it after all. Sure its a spin off, but i really like MPH and i think your giving it a bad rep. Do you honestly think nintendo just put it out there because of sales and online. it was originally suppose to be out at launch but then was delayed to add online. And isnt every game to push sales? btw the ds was already dominating the psp in sales when hunters came out so it really didnt matter if it came out or not.  i spent more time on the single player than online anyway. the game can hold itself up as a decent single player expereince. lol your using a logo to prove a point lmao. its just a marketing slogan who cares. it doesnt make the game any less great than it is. it may not be better than the others but its still a great game. Also i dont understand what your trying to say for DQ9.

rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rahzel31
[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="soulfood4"]I never liked MP's, so im going to avoid MP3...soulfood4

True, im not too open minded, but i'll probably try it out...

Don't listento him, your not dumb, I can almost guarantee this game is going to be very similar bar the control scheme. They aren't going to make it more FPS like, that would be almost like selling out.
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FFXIsAstyanax
[QUOTE="FFXIsAstyanax"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"][QUOTE="FFXIsAstyanax"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

Wintry_Flutist

Are you kidding? Your preference can't go against the fact numbered games are the main ones and consequently represent the series core - not matter if you like it or not.

Again, you miss my point. I don't care whether or not MP:H was a representation of the main series. I thought it was a good game - better than MP:2 - and it shouldn't be overlooked simply because it isn't numbered in the series.
andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#49 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
it looks amazing from what ive seen
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points