Megaman Zero Collection to be released June 8

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

and for US$29,90.

as much as i idolize the megaman zero games as the best part in one of my favorite franchises EVER, i was going to skip it because it was basically games i've already beaten. but for 30 dollars? hell, i paid way more on metroid prime trilogy (there are reasons to why MPT was overpriced and MMZC won't for me), i'm getting this game.

source

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
I can't wait, though i'm kinda depending on $30 in birthday money to get this 6 days after the fact
XeroEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#3 XeroEX
Member since 2008 • 495 Posts

I'm sold. I've never played the Mega Man Zero games before, so this will be the perfect opportunity for me to try all four of them.

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
is this going to include mega man X? It's the only mega man game I've played and will be the only one that'll give me nostalgic feelings lol
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
is this going to include mega man X? It's the only mega man game I've played and will be the only one that'll give me nostalgic feelings lolJordo321
No. The Mega Man Zero series is separate but takes place long after the Mega Man X games. X is there in the series, but Zero's the star of the show now.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Played 2 and wasn't a huge fan. I guess I'm stuck in the past. I don't know why, but the older games held my attention longer.

I wanted a reboot of the series, but they added a whole bunch of weird aspects to the game that I wasn't fond of. If they had kept the games a tad less overbearing I think I might have enjoyed them more.

Example: Leveling up your weapons. Good idea that worked well and I really enjoyed. Bad Idea: Clunky interface that took advantage of random arbitrary RPG elements that didn't matter. Not a good idea.

San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts

I absolutely adored the first 2. Lol, the first was too hard (I think I got stuck on that ninja-like boss?) so I just went onto the second. Didnt finish that one either though.

Seems like Pokemon HG wont be the only DS game I'm getting this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="starfox15"]

Played 2 and wasn't a huge fan. I guess I'm stuck in the past. I don't know why, but the older games held my attention longer.

I wanted a reboot of the series, but they added a whole bunch of weird aspects to the game that I wasn't fond of. If they had kept the games a tad less overbearing I think I might have enjoyed them more.

Example: Leveling up your weapons. Good idea that worked well and I really enjoyed. Bad Idea: Clunky interface that took advantage of random arbitrary RPG elements that didn't matter. Not a good idea.

they strip all the random RPG elements and weapon leveling begining in the 3rd installment
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Jordo321"]is this going to include mega man X? It's the only mega man game I've played and will be the only one that'll give me nostalgic feelings lolMAILER_DAEMON
No. The Mega Man Zero series is separate but takes place long after the Mega Man X games. X is there in the series, but Zero's the star of the show now.

and let's face it, he's way cooler than X :P
CrashMan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CrashMan09
Member since 2009 • 261 Posts

I'm all about it. I've been meaning (in a half-arsed way) to track down the GBA originals since I never played them when they originally came out.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BrunoBRS

I'm all about it. I've been meaning (in a half-arsed way) to track down the GBA originals since I never played them when they originally came out.

CrashMan09
you don't want to miss it then. they're more than "awesome". they're masterpieces.
CrashMan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CrashMan09

Well, I'm going to buy this compilation without hesitation, but I still have a few reservations. These are, to my understanding, direct prequels to Mega Man ZX, which was a bad game. I'm hoping that the gawdawful map system wasn't carried over from these games.

And also, Zero isn't as appealing to me as X, which is why I haven't already played the games. If it isn't Mega Man, then it isn't a "real" Mega Man game.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I never got into the Zero series, so I'll definitely get it.

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts

I remember X used to be the star of the series (Megaman x), then Zero took over all of a sudden (Megaman zero). But this series is pretty decent. I'm not sure about the Mega Man ZX. Is Zero or X still present in that game. They need to make the Mega Man X or Zero series great again. Not those retro mega man stuff imo. Make it on par with the DS Castlevania games.

dorkvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dorkvoid
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts

I remember X used to be the star of the series (Megaman x), then Zero took over all of a sudden (Megaman zero). But this series is pretty decent. I'm not sure about the Mega Man ZX. Is Zero or X still present in that game. They need to make the Mega Man X or Zero series great again. Not those retro mega man stuff imo. Make it on par with the DS Castlevania games.

anbu-black-ops
, Zero and X are not exactly in ZX, it's kinda like a lame power ranger like idea for them. ZX story and idea is pretty stupid but the games can be fun, I by far prefer advent. I also agree that they need to make the games more like the Castlevania games. I'd kinda like to see leveling up, etc, but that is essentially how zero works minus some things here and there. You actually can go through finding all the missions in Zero but it's way easier to just teleport. I think the direction Zero shows is the right way for the series and if this was on DLC for on consoles it might make a bigger impact on most people.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS

Well, I'm going to buy this compilation without hesitation, but I still have a few reservations. These are, to my understanding, direct prequels to Mega Man ZX, which was a bad game. I'm hoping that the gawdawful map system wasn't carried over from these games.

And also, Zero isn't as appealing to me as X, which is why I haven't already played the games. If it isn't Mega Man, then it isn't a "real" Mega Man game.

CrashMan09
i really enjoyed megaman ZX (zero's still better_, but no, the map system from it isn't on the zero series. it has this "half-open" world, though. it's hard to explain.
dorkvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dorkvoid

CrashMan09
It has never been revealed that X is mega man, so I hope you skipped that series too for that reason. I think that if you play ZX you understand that there is more than one mega man and they aren't all heroes. My point is that Zero is probably just as much mega man as X is.
BattleTurtles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BattleTurtles
Member since 2009 • 2406 Posts
I've never played any of them so this is great.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="CrashMan09"]

dorkvoid

It has never been revealed that X is mega man, so I hope you skipped that series too for that reason. I think that if you play ZX you understand that there is more than one mega man and they aren't all heroes. My point is that Zero is probably just as much mega man as X is.

i'd watch the megaman X intro again... it's pretty clear to me that they upgraded mega into X, and then, to make sure he was safe, left him 300 years under analysis. zero was being created during the original megaman time, and was finished somewhere between the original saga and X. he was a maverick until X somehow converted him (can't remember how). MMZ is the direct sequel to the megaman X games. saying more on the story would be spoilers for people who will play MMZ soon.

BTW, check out something i noticed on the first megaman X's ending... i laughed :lol:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1480/imagempg.png

CrashMan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CrashMan09

[QUOTE="CrashMan09"]Zero isn't as appealing to me as X, which is why I haven't already played the games. If it isn't Mega Man, then it isn't a "real" Mega Man game.

dorkvoid

Logic Fail

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
I only played one of them, I think it was the second one. I found it too difficult and never got into it. But if this collection has all 4, as well as an easy mode, I just might get this.
Darthschneider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Darthschneider
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts
Really?? Wow that's awesome my brother just found all of the megaman zero cartridges after cleaning his room I had no Idea this was going to be released. I'm a big fan of the megaman series, Zero is one of the best IMO I'll definetly get it but I hope they add more content cuz what's the point in only remaking them??
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Darthschneider"]Really?? Wow that's awesome my brother just found all of the megaman zero cartridges after cleaning his room I had no Idea this was going to be released. I'm a big fan of the megaman series, Zero is one of the best IMO I'll definetly get it but I hope they add more content cuz what's the point in only remaking them??

from what i know, there's an art gallery, the second screen shows concept art of the bosses (or at least that's what it looks like from the trailer), there's an easy mode, and hopefully there'll be a "toggle weapon" button, since the DS has 2 extra buttons... going back and forth in the menu to choose a new main/sub weapon was boring. and it's a collection port, the whole reason it exists is to make more money on something that's already finished. like resident evil 4.
xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

I may get it just to have something to do when i have to take the mandatory family vacation into the mountains. But I already played all of them about 6 times each, no lie.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
Never played the zero series so i'm already planning on getting this
Darthschneider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Darthschneider

I may get it just to have something to do when i have to take the mandatory family vacation into the mountains. But I already played all of them about 6 times each, no lie.

xXDante666Xx
Me too, but like metal slug it is fun everytime you play it, and even though it doesn't get old quickly eventually it does. That's why I wanted a little more than just a compilation, like Bruno said it brings an art gallery and stuff. Hopefully it has a boss rush mode or something like that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts
Awesome. 4 games for $30 sounds good to me.
Darthschneider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Darthschneider
Awesome. 4 games for $30 sounds good to me.wizzardjeff
Your post just conviced me :lol:
Bonzaier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bonzaier
Member since 2010 • 61 Posts
I've never played any of them so this is great.BattleTurtles
Pretty much this.
CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
Never played any megaman games.... What are they like? Can they be compared to other games that I may know...?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="CyberKlown28"]Never played any megaman games.... What are they like? Can they be compared to other games that I may know...?

it's heavy on platforming and action. on the cIassic MM games, you get the weapon from the boss you defeat, and this weapon is another boss' weakness. on MMZ, since you have tons of weapons (melee AND ranged), the system is a bit different. there are 3 "chips" that change the elemental property of your attacks. most bosses are strong against one type and weak against another. and there are also cyber-elves, beings that you feed energy until they're strong enough to provide you with a power-up (more life, improved attack, longer dash, etc.) it's a really, REALLY good series, and MMZ is, in my humble opinion, the best part of the franchise.
CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CyberKlown28
Thanks, I'll consider this now.
CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CyberKlown28

Hey Bruno, how hard are these games?

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
D: i need 21$ by then
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BrunoBRS

Hey Bruno, how hard are these games?

CyberKlown28
depends. if you want a no-cyber elves run to get a fancy special cyber elf once you reach 100%, it's REALLY hard. but with the addition of an easy difficulty it shouldn't be much of an issue. still challenging, but nothing "ninja gaiden on very hard" challenging.
CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CyberKlown28
ok. I'm playing Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia right now so....I'm kind of scared to play hard games after playing this.
Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

I've played The Megaman X series ( which rocked !!! ) but the Megaman ZX games just completely sucked I sure hope these games are good because I haven't played them before ...........

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
I only played the first and have the third one. I liked the third one, it was cool and somewhat difficult but nothing like the extreme difficulty of the original. I'm thinking of getting this one.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrunoBRS
ok. I'm playing Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia right now so....I'm kind of scared to play hard games after playing this. CyberKlown28
lol chill out, there's an easy mode. you can always rent ZX or ZX advent. i personally liked them. not as much as zero (which is way better), but they should let you have an idea of how gameplay works... if you only play as model ZX :P
dorkvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dorkvoid

@Bruno

That is a very old argument that doesn't hold up when you look back at things much, someone being sacrificed does not mean the same thing as the original was turned into X. This has been an argument over at the capcom boards for decades and no one has ever found a solid answer. In ZX multiple people are called mega man.

dorkvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dorkvoid

oops sorry I didn't catch your meaning at first. Yes the Zero return really makes that line a joke. Really the things that detail what is unique about X sound very similar to things that are unique to the original are very similar but whenever I've been on Mega Man sites there is an argument on both sides and I think that it has been left like that intentionally to avoid other words that can make capcom look like they are not planning things out so well.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BrunoBRS

@Bruno

That is a very old argument that doesn't hold up when you look back at things much, someone being sacrificed does not mean the same thing as the original was turned into X. This has been an argument over at the capcom boards for decades and no one has ever found a solid answer. In ZX multiple people are called mega man.

dorkvoid

like i said, i watched the intro recently and it looked like pretty decisive evidence.

as for ZX, i know that, but that's only because the "real" megaman is long gone and the "megamen" use the power of megaman, zero and the 4 guardians... and some other crap too. in other words, the previous mega is named mega, the new megas are named mega for the heck of it.

Vespiion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vespiion
Member since 2010 • 298 Posts

as the Megaman Zero games are some of my favorite GBA games of all time, I'm sure i'll be picking this up. Thinks for the info.

KenMasters10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KenMasters10
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Damn, I may have to get this for 30$.
dorkvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dorkvoid

[QUOTE="dorkvoid"]

@Bruno

BrunoBRS

like i said, i watched the intro recently and it looked like pretty decisive evidence.

as for ZX, i know that, but that's only because the "real" megaman is long gone and the "megamen" use the power of megaman, zero and the 4 guardians... and some other crap too. in other words, the previous mega is named mega, the new megas are named mega for the heck of it.

exactly, they get the mega title as could be said of X and Zero as well. While there are obvious cases for the idea that they are the same there seems to be just as much out there saying not.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Considering what just one game costs now, $30 for all four is a bargin.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Never played the zero series so i'm already planning on getting thisTriniPlayer
Same here.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="dorkvoid"]

@Bruno

dorkvoid

exactly, they get the mega title as could be said of X and Zero as well. While there are obvious cases for the idea that they are the same there seems to be just as much out there saying not.

i seriously can't remember anything that goes against the theory that X is megaman (zero was never called a megaman, just a maverick hunter... or, in the case of MMZ, a legendary hero. and the four guardians are always called four guardians).

KenMasters10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KenMasters10
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I'm getting this the day it comes out too.