Mass Effect 3 Forshadows Third Party Support For The Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

So the Wii U will be getting a special version of Mass Effect 3 sometimes this winter.

Everywhere else they're going to get Mass Effect 1-3 for the same price.

Right from the jump one of the largest publishers is treating the Wii U like second hand waste giving it a sub par, inferior version of one of the largest franchises in history.

The thing is EA is a huge power when it comes to many franchises and sports games so them not being on board with the Wii U is huge. Also speaking of sports the Wii U's version of NBA 2K13 isn't guaranteed to be ready for launch?

Ubisoft now saying that Rayman is not guaranteed to launch with the console either?

This is a very ominous start for the Wii U, third parties are already delaying products of giving the console the most inferior versions of games.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I only agree with releasing ME3 intead of the trilogy... nobody will buy one of the games for $60 when you can get all 3 for the same price. Also, none ME was available on Nintendo consoles, so it makes even less sense.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
The only problem with the ME trilogy, contains no DLC. ME3 Wii U... all DLC.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#4 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]The only problem with the ME trilogy, contains no DLC. ME3 Wii U... all DLC.

Regardless, it's pointless to buy ME3 for the Wii U. If you play ME, you already own a 360, PS3 or PC and would continue to play on the platform you started on because of the whole progressive save thing. For EA not to do ME 3 right on the Wii is just a waste of resources.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy

The only problem with the ME trilogy, contains no DLC. ME3 Wii U... all DLC.nintendoboy16

What?

There's one piece of DLC that you have to pay for, so let's see

Mass Effect 3 with 10 dollars of DLC free

or

Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Mass Effect 3 makes absolutely no sense at all when you consider the fact that 1-3 will be coming out in a set for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC around the same time. Why they don't offer Wii U gamers the opportunity to play all three games in the series, right from the get-go, at a great price blows my mind. Everyone who only had a Wii, or didn't play the Mass Effect games for one reason or another, this generation will only be able to play the last and weakest entry in the trilogy on Wii U. It's product suicide. By releasing the entire trilogy on other platforms around the same time, you make the stand-alone version of Mass Effect 3 on Wii U looks like an incredibly poor value by comparison(which it is). They should delay the Special Edition of ME3 and create a complete special edition of the trilogy for Wii U.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Pretty much, WiiU should really get the same as the others. Nintendo should talk to EA about it...WiiU as it is with just ME3 is getting a raw deal.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

ah yes, today's announcement that the Mass Effect Trilogy was coming to PS3.

My initial reaction: "Why isn't coming to the Wii U?"

It too is $59.99; Mass Effect 3 for the Wii will retail for that same freekin price which is problematic enough that it will have already been released for 10 months.

I don't see the downside of packaging the whole trilogy on the Wii U when they could basically port it from the HD twins.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

It's product suicide.

YearoftheSnake5

Product scuicide is how third party publshers release their wii games. They do it so they can say there's no market on nintendo platforms so they have an excuse to not put any future effort or support into their wii games. It happened all gen with the wii and will most likely happen again with the wiiu.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

So the Wii U will be getting a special version of Mass Effect 3 sometimes this winter.

Right from the jump one of the largest publishers is treating the Wii U like second hand waste giving it a sub par, inferior version of one of the largest franchises in history.

The thing is EA is a huge power when it comes to many franchises and sports games so them not being on board with the Wii U is huge. Also speaking of sports the Wii U's version of NBA 2K13 isn't guaranteed to be ready for launch?

Ubisoft now saying that Rayman is not guaranteed to launch with the console either?

This is a very ominous start for the Wii U, third parties are already delaying products of giving the console the most inferior versions of games.

Couldn't agree more. When I saw your topic title this is the first thing I thought.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Just read about it today. Absolutely no reason to get ME3 on the Wii U anymore -____-
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

It's product suicide.

goblaa

Product scuicide is how third party publshers release their wii games. They do it so they can say there's no market on nintendo platforms so they have an excuse to not put any future effort or support into their wii games. It happened all gen with the wii and will most likely happen again with the wiiu.

Same thoughts, Dead Space: Extraction anyone? "NOPE WE GAVE YOU A DEAD SPACE DIDN'T DO GOOD BYE" On rails, spinoff, zero marketing, most people didn't know it existed. Die EA. I can see the exact same thing happening with ME3

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

EA is just messed up right now.They will be crying if ubisoft makes piles of money from the WiiU.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

I noticed that Mass Effect 3 Wii U is not a launch day title. I wander if this was delayed so that it doesn't bump heads with the release of the trilogy on other consoles? An EA rep (before the Wii U release date was ever announced) said that the Wii U version was ready and they were just waiting on Nintendo to announce a date. Well Nintendo has since announced that date and now all of a sudden it's not a launch day title. So that means ME3 Special Edition may not be released until maybe March 2013 possibly.

Perhaps the Trilogy will be released later down the line. PC, 360, and PS3 players already paid $60 for ME3 earlier this year, now EA brings out the Trilogy for only $60 on those same systems. So it's not just future Wii owners who are getting cheated here.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jaysonguy

EA is just messed up right now.They will be crying if ubisoft makes piles of money from the WiiU.

super600

Ubisoft is also to blame here, Rayman not being a launch game is huge.

The Wii U desperately needs GTA and 2K not guaranteeing that another one of it's biggest franchises will be launching with the Wii U could be a sign that they're not that into it either.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

Jaysonguy

The Wii U desperately needs GTA and 2K not guaranteeing that another one of it's biggest franchises will be launching with the Wii U could be a sign that they're not that into it either.

Rayman may be a launch title according to wiki.:lol:

Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts
Just read about it today. Absolutely no reason to get ME3 on the Wii U anymore -____-Kenny789
Your absolutely right. I never played any of the ME games, but was thinking about getting ME 3 for the Wii U. I thought I would get it, if for nothing else to support 3rd party efforts on the Wii U. After hearing the announcement of a ME trilogy released for every system except Nintendo. I have no desire to get the game at all.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Jaysonguy
That's nonsense, yeah EA made a dumb decision, nothing else of what you said matters. Ubisoft has easily their biggest franchise coming out at launch day and another franchise, of course their not going to release all their games at once. A game not coming out at launch day is indicative of nothing. I could just as easily say that Ubi could want to hold Rayman back, so as to avoid direct competition with NSMB.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Don't care for Mass Effect.

There are better RPGs out there (like The Witcher 2 or Dark Souls for example).

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

It's product suicide.

WreckEm711

Same thoughts, Dead Space: Extraction anyone? "NOPE WE GAVE YOU A DEAD SPACE DIDN'T DO GOOD BYE" On rails, spinoff, zero marketing, most people didn't know it existed. Die EA. I can see the exact same thing happening with ME3

Don't forget about NBA Jam. "Hey look, Wii owners are getting an exclusive game that gamers actually care about, except it may or may not also be released on other systems, except it is but it'll just be a demo version to go along with NBA Elite, except now it's a full-fledged multiplat game because we had to cancel Elite and has more features than the Wii version, and also we're not going to tell anybody that this game exists so it will fail equally on all platforms."

And EA wonders why they've been bleeding money this entire generation.

Omzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Omzzz
Member since 2010 • 1440 Posts

Rayman was never confirmed for launch. It's launching in EU, not NA.

Also it's smarter for them to hold back on Rayman because of the competition right from day 1. Just another overreaction by Jayson

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
The fact that the Mass Effect franchise is coming to a Nintendo platform in any form at all is evidence its 3rd party support will at last be better than the Wii's.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i think the reason wiiU isnt getting the trilogy is because EA has to work on the ports more for wiiU so that they use the tablet controller... might be too much work for them.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Jaysonguy
You're really reaching this time JaysonGuy and quite frankly your research for troll topic material isn't up to what it use to be Rayman is confirmed for Europe's November 30 launch and it is coming out in NA on December 4. Oh, boo hoo two weeks late! Also, Nintendo and 2K confirmed NBA 2K13 will be available on November 18, and it has some pretty unique features. And ME3 is coming November 18 not "sometime this winter" If this Mass Effect fiasco is bad for the Wii U's third party support than explain to me why third parties haven't stopped supporting the 3DS after Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D came out after the HD Collection? Doesn't seem like it's slowed down third party game announcements for that platform. You also don't even take into account that all EA is doing is porting old games into one package, and for the PS3 version they only have to port ME1 to the system whereas the reason the trilogy isn't coming to Wii U is because they would have to port ME1 AND ME2 to Wii U, so they likely don't want to delay ME3 on Wii U due to how much longer this would take. C'mon JaysonGuy this is one of your weaker topics in a long time. And if anything foreshadows third party support I'd say Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Zombi U are making the future look good plus features like real HD in Black Ops 2. Not to mention that the GameCube and Wii couldn't have dreamed of getting multiplats like Darksiders 2, Assassin's Creed 3, etc. Source
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

Jaysonguy

NBA 2K13 is launch day and Rayman is launch in Europe and only two weeks later than NA launch Why are you making a big deal out of this? Have you actually looked the release dates of these games?
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#26 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

if im not mistaken madden 13 is also coming to the wiiu so no its not going to matter,

so what if they have a compilation of 1-3 i already have 1 and 2 , there would be no point in me buying that 60 dollar compilation when i already have 2 of the games !

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
EA's just pulling a Konami. Also, screw EA, there's more games.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rod90
EA's just pulling a Konami. Also, screw EA, there's more games.OreoMilkshake
Why pulling a Konami?
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]EA's just pulling a Konami. Also, screw EA, there's more games.Rod90
Why pulling a Konami?

They released the MGS HD Collection before Snake Eater 3D for the same price.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rod90

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]EA's just pulling a Konami. Also, screw EA, there's more games.ANIMEguy10034

Why pulling a Konami?

They released the MGS HD Collection before Snake Eater 3D for the same price.

Snake Eater 3D costs $40, the HD Collection costs $60.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ANIMEguy10034

According to Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Walmart, and Newegg, it's $40.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rod90

According to Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Walmart, and Newegg, it's $40.

ANIMEguy10034
Sorry!! My bad.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ANIMEguy10034

Sorry!! My bad.Rod90

Don't worry! 1918615161.gif

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I don't think this is an indication of third party support for the future. It's EA being EA.

The Wii U version was already pretty pointless even before the trilogy set was announced. Why would anyone want the third game in a trilogy series? Especially if they don't have the means to play the first two. Even hitting that demographic is small, and most people aren't going to pick up a Wii U version because they were holding out on it. EA has already made sure the port is going to die, the fact that the trilogy was announced just hurts the Wii U release even more.

Can't wait to see EA say no more Mass Effect on Wii U because ME3 performed poorly, too hard to sell third party games on Nintendo platforms, etc.

mrfokken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mrfokken
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts

More than likely, EA had been porting ME1 to the PS3 and decided to release it as a trilogy instead of an old game. It then makes sense to offer it for the 360 as well since they just need to package it and not code it.

The first two games were never ported to the WiiU. Doing so would cost more time and money than EA would want to spend.

You could certainly argue that EA should not have ported a game that was part of a trilogy, but Nintendo was probably really pushing to get big name games released on their new system. You know, Bioshock, Batman, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Black Ops.

I don't think we can proclaim 3rd party support dead or alive until after the WiiU has been out for a while.