Majora's Mask is coming to the VC

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Japan is getting Majora's Mask on the VC in April: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=7641

This means that North America and Europe should get it soon after. This is great news, because now this opens up the possibility for DK64. Both were previously up in the air because of expansion pack emulation issues.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
Nice find! Hah! A big in your face to all the people who insisted it's impossible to bring over because it requires the Expansion Pak! I never understood that argument.
JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts
Yes! Finally! This is fantastic news. [QUOTE="clicketyclick"]Nice find! Hah! A big in your face to all the people who insisted it's impossible to bring over because it requires the Expansion Pak! I never understood that argument.

Double hah! :P
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

Pretty sure this is the only console Zelda game I haven't played, can't wait.

JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts

dragonball3900
It's great. It takes what made Ocarina of Time so fun and further improves it. Plus, playing as Zora Link is really fun.
Bruceisright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Bruceisright
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts

Wow a shock a first party Nintendo game getting released on the Virtual console never seen it coming.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
That's good. Of course it won't matter to me I have it on the collector's edition :)
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Oh good, Nintendo finally figured out how to do the expansion

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I know one person at least that will not be happy about this, my daughter is not going to like me stealing back the Wii :P. She loves watching Zelda though :) and this is long overdue and excellent news, I hope the wait isn't too long.

canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

*happy dance* :D

my most wanted vc game has finally arrived! thank you nintendo!

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
just because japan is getting it soon doesn't mean NA will it has taken them 3 or more months to release big game on NA and there are many that we haven't gotten yet and never will, i advise for everyone not to get there hopes up to high
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy

just because japan is getting it soon doesn't mean NA will it has taken them 3 or more months to release big game on NA and there are many that we haven't gotten yet and never will, i advise for everyone not to get there hopes up to highelbert_b_23

The reason it never came out was that Nintendo couldn't figure out how to do the expansion on it

That's the only thing that's holding it back and now that that's gone it's going to go to the number one place first (Japan) and then show up in NA

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#13 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Cool news but I have the Collectors Edition so I can play on there but glad it is coming out for the Virtual Console.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]just because japan is getting it soon doesn't mean NA will it has taken them 3 or more months to release big game on NA and there are many that we haven't gotten yet and never will, i advise for everyone not to get there hopes up to highJaysonguy

The reason it never came out was that Nintendo couldn't figure out how to do the expansion on it

That's the only thing that's holding it back and now that that's gone it's going to go to the number one place first (Japan) and then show up in NA

I hope you are right for all the fans of it, but i don't see it happening any time soon
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

dragonball3900

Same here in Fact I actuallyhave every Console Zelda except Majora's Mask so I can't wait I would like to get the cartridge version and also buy the VC version. Because my N64 doesn't have the exspansion pak so I couldn't play it even if I bought the Cartridge. So I would get the VC version.

XBebop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XBebop
Member since 2003 • 1414 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]just because japan is getting it soon doesn't mean NA will it has taken them 3 or more months to release big game on NA and there are many that we haven't gotten yet and never will, i advise for everyone not to get there hopes up to highJaysonguy

I doubt that, as Majora's Mask was on the Gamecube too.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]just because japan is getting it soon doesn't mean NA will it has taken them 3 or more months to release big game on NA and there are many that we haven't gotten yet and never will, i advise for everyone not to get there hopes up to highXBebop

I doubt that, as Majora's Mask was on the Gamecube too.

What does that have to do with anything?

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I hope the game doesn't suffer from the slightly-unstable emulation the Gamecube version suffered from.The Virtual Console version of Ocarina of Time was essentially a port of the GC version with changed button interface; if Nintendo does the same with Majora's Mask,they better clean a few things up.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

That's great news! I have MM for my N64 but somewhere in all my moves I've lost the expansion pack.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
The reason it never came out was that Nintendo couldn't figure out how to do the expansion on itJaysonguy
There's no evidence that Nintendo ever had a problem with that and only just now figured it out. For all we know, they knew how to do it all along and just hadn't released it for the exact same reasons they haven't yet released other highly desired games from their library.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The reason it never came out was that Nintendo couldn't figure out how to do the expansion on itclicketyclick
There's no evidence that Nintendo ever had a problem with that and only just now figured it out. For all we know, they knew how to do it all along and just hadn't released it for the exact same reasons they haven't yet released other highly desired games from their library.

Nintendo's troubles with the N64 emulation isn't new

Remember, they're the only Nintendo games on the Virtual Console that aren't the originals

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

I think they just announced this now because the recent update allows us to play such large games.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#23 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

I know one person at least that will not be happy about this, my daughter is not going to like me stealing back the Wii :P. She loves watching Zelda though :) and this is long overdue and excellent news, I hope the wait isn't too long.

SapSacPrime
Same here, although I actually am the one who never let the Wii alone!. My son is finally going to stop mocking me because I never ended it in the N64 and my dauchter loves to watch me playing Zelda!
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
Can't wait.
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#25 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

I think we're approaching the 300th VC game, so it might be released in celebration of that. When we hit 200 they released Mario RPG--a highly anticipated game--so they might do the same for Majora's Mask. I'm super excited, personally. Aside from Wind Waker this is my favorite Zelda game. It's my second most anticipated VC game (my first was Super Punch Out which is coming out Monday!!) so I can not wait.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

OMG! I was just gonna play it again today! Ive been listening to the OST all day aswell just reminicing about my first playthrough.

1st day download, easily.

pimpmusterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 pimpmusterd
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

I am so happy right now because MM was the only VC game that i really wanted to come out. i might pick up a classic controller now.

qupidxoxo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 qupidxoxo
Member since 2004 • 1556 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The reason it never came out was that Nintendo couldn't figure out how to do the expansion on itclicketyclick

I second that.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

This is great! Finally I will be able to play Majora's Mask and DK64 is one of my favorite N64 games.

Good News!

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

Japan is getting Majora's Mask on the VC in April:

This means that North America and Europe should get it soon after. This is great news, because now this opens up the possibility for DK64. Both were previously up in the air because of expansion pack emulation issues.

Rocky32189

Being released in japan does not mean anything. Smash bros. was released in January and it is march and still no Smash on the VC.

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts

Cool news but I have the Collectors Edition so I can play on there but glad it is coming out for the Virtual Console.

chocolate1325
Ditto :)
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I never was a fan of that game. I hated all the time travel.
neon_tetra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 neon_tetra
Member since 2005 • 345 Posts

Great news! About time too.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rocky32189

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

Japan is getting Majora's Mask on the VC in April:

WllDan7

Being released in japan does not mean anything. Smash bros. was released in January and it is march and still no Smash on the VC.

Being released in Japan means that it will be released here eventually. I'm not saying we are going to get it in April, but it will come at some time (along with SSB).
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#35 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

nice. thats a sure download. i have the n64 cartridge, but im too lazy to set up my n64 for it and my n64 controllers are beaten to the point of near uselessness.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
Win
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

had this game on N64

since the day I sold my N64 I regret it.

I've been dying to play this game again.

I had fierce dieties mask and everything.

But I have to say my favorite things about this game over any other zelda game (oot is still the best but) the music, the sidequests, and the tone.

This game has the best music of all the zeldas imo. Just because of Majora's theme and the Clock Tower song or the "song of healing". Best songs in the game.

The sidequests. There are tons. 1 for almost every mask. There are LOTS of masks. I had great fun figuring out how to do each and what days I'd be able to comeplete it. Plus the alien invasion quest. That was awesome. Especially since I knew the song of slowing (yeah half cheatcodes)

And the tone. Easily the darkest of the zelda games, and thats made apparent the second you hear the game's theme. I can't wait to play this

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts
Hope it also comes to VC America. I won't be buying it, but I would like to see some of the people that have not experienced it see what it is.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

chocolate1325

Same here. Even though I have the GC Collector's disk, I'm downloading this to my Wii. Then I will have ALL of the Zelda goodness.:P

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#40 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Hallelujah! Now I hope the people who didn't play it back in the day will download it now. It would be a shame if it got overlooked again.
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#41 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
I'm guessing it's going to cost more Wii points because of the extra effort involved.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

Jaysonguy
I doubt they just figured anything out, they likely were gunshy about bringing over N64 games because of the lack of storage.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

If this means a better possibility for DK64... heck yeah! I have no interest in Majora's Mask, but I really want DK64 to come to the VC.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rocky32189
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Sepewrath
I doubt they just figured anything out, they likely were gunshy about bringing over N64 games because of the lack of storage.

Well, they've definitely had problems emulating the expansion pack. The GC version of Majora's Mask had problems because of bad emulation and they weren't going to release the same flawed version on the VC (at least I hope not).
PainGivingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PainGivingLink
Member since 2006 • 1316 Posts

I've never finished this game, and lost it and I want to complete it so bad. Please come to the NA/EU VCs.

CharlieStinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CharlieStinks
Member since 2006 • 198 Posts

To me it was always obvious we were gonna get it. I knew from day 1 the expansion pack theory was bs.

KudoS17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KudoS17
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts

Alright this is great news I can't wait

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

The Expansion Pack excuse was always BS. All that was was extra memory and the Wii has far more than what the N64 had. Nintendo just now decided to put it out. Nothing more and nothing less.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Awesome but I have the collectors edition so I wont be downloading it. It really is a great game I dont get why people talk trash about it.