Longest Pokemon Game to Date

This topic is locked from further discussion.

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

When Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal came out, they were the longest version of Pokemon games. The 3rd Gen series came out and was disappointingly short, and 4th Gen rolled around and was made as the biggest up to this point.

Now that they have the space and experience that a decade can afford them, it seems logical to point out that this version of the 2nd Gen remakes could easily be the longest version of the games and span 60+ hours worth of a game.

Phew. I wait with anticipation for this games release.

(And maybe some new Pokemon... please please please Nintendo?)

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

For the next Pokemon game, I don't even want a new one. I rather them just compile all the zones into one. That would be rediculously awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts
Yeah I'm hoping that the next games will be a bit longer, but without feeling too repetitive. And there's already enough pokemon, we don't really need any more:P
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

For the next Pokemon game, I don't even want a new one. I rather them just compile all the zones into one. That would be rediculously awesome.

awssk8er716
That's kind of hard since the 3rd gen and 4th gen area are on islands. Very distant from the mainland that makes up Johto and Kanto.
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

siLVURcross
That's kind of hard since the 3rd gen and 4th gen area are on islands. Very distant from the mainland that makes up Johto and Kanto.

There are these new things called planes and boats, you know. And in the Pokemon world you could just fly there. ;P Or an underwater train.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
For me it was Pokemon Gold. After beating the Johto area you could head back to the Kanto region and start a whole new adventure, I loved it. Pokemon Ruby and Saphire were really short.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"][QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

Yoweeh

There are these new things called planes and boats, you know. And in the Pokemon world you could just fly there. ;P Or an underwater train.

Yea I know, but I dunno, it doesn't feel right mixing up newer generations with older ones.
Luigirulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8 Luigirulez
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

Dude. 60+ hours?! My friend has 225 on Diamond!

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts

Dude. 60+ hours?! My friend has 225 on Diamond!

Luigirulez
He probibly means for the story to have 60+ hours, but considering that I beat Platinum in about 20...that would have to be a VERY long game.
kiraismyhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kiraismyhero
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

awssk8er716
That would be awesome, but I don't think there is enough memory on the Ds card to be able to hold that much data
postmanmanman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 postmanmanman
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts

I think that a Pokemon game that's just all the current regions rolled into one would be awesome beyond all stretches of imagination. I think it could be possible, too, though I can't be completely sure about that.

Also, you want 60 hours of the Gold/Silver remakes? I'm getting around 45 hours out of Platinum, and I haven't even beaten the Elite Four yet! Maybe you just play too fast.:P

Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts

awssk8er716
This.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

awssk8er716
That was rock! It would probably be on the Wii(and be worth $50), but it would be worth it. All the antagonists vs the main characters. It would be great if it had cutscenes too.
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

I hope they don't make too many new Pokemon. It's getting insane and some of the creations are a little too creative.

So far on Platinum I just beat the 8th gym (He made me whip out Giratina!). I'm at 56 hours. Probably because I'm taking my own sweet time. Catching every Pokemon I see (Plus the lake trio took forever), raising happiness, exploring... A grand adventure indeed!

My Pokemon kind of suck right now (Torterra sucks) because of all the needed environmental HM moves... I'll have to grind a ton before the Elite Four, probably adding even more hours.

Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pyro767

I hope they don't make too many new Pokemon. It's getting insane and some of the creations are a little too creative.

So far on Platinum I just beat the 8th gym (He made me whip out Giratina!). I'm at 56 hours. Probably because I'm taking my own sweet time. Catching every Pokemon I see (Plus the lake trio took forever), raising happiness, exploring... A grand adventure indeed!

My Pokemon kind of suck right now (Torterra sucks) because of all the needed environmental HM moves... I'll have to grind a ton before the Elite Four, probably adding even more hours.

KurodaMurasaki
Teach HMs to useless pokemon, ones you don't use. The only HM that is good is surf, so that can go on a water pokemon. Other than that, stick to TMs. And by the way, Torterra is the awesome, mine used to be unstoppable.
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KurodaMurasaki

[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

Pyro767

Teach HMs to useless pokemon, ones you don't use. The only HM that is good is surf, so that can go on a water pokemon. Other than that, stick to TMs. And by the way, Torterra is the awesome, mine used to be unstoppable.

I'm off to the move deleter! My Torterra probably sucks because of the HMs. :P

vonroretz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vonroretz
Member since 2006 • 517 Posts

i cant wait g/s was the best of pokemon

fail_baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fail_baby
Member since 2009 • 898 Posts

[QUOTE="Pyro767"][QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

KurodaMurasaki

You had to switch out on the 8th gym? I plowed through it with an Empoleon.

Empoleon=Water

8th gym=Electric

Bad combo. What were your Pokemon's levels?

vonroretz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vonroretz
Member since 2006 • 517 Posts

woot

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KurodaMurasaki

[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

[QUOTE="Pyro767"] Teach HMs to useless pokemon, ones you don't use. The only HM that is good is surf, so that can go on a water pokemon. Other than that, stick to TMs. And by the way, Torterra is the awesome, mine used to be unstoppable.fail_baby

Empoleon=Water

8th gym=Electric

What? That's kinda crazy.

Espeon- Lv. 46

Giratina- Lv. 48

Togekiss- Lv. 45

Torterra- Lv. 45

Gyarados- Lv. 44

Rapidash- Lv. 44

fail_baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fail_baby
Member since 2009 • 898 Posts

[QUOTE="fail_baby"]

[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

KurodaMurasaki

Empoleon=Water

8th gym=Electric

Espeon- Lv. 46

Giratina- Lv. 48

Togekiss- Lv. 45

Torterra- Lv. 45

Gyarados- Lv. 44

Rapidash- Lv. 44

Empoleon Lv. 67(also did a little work with the EV's)

That explains a lot. He got most of them before they had a chance to strike. I only stock up on Pokemon right before the Elite 4. 1 Pokemon and a few HM slaves(never used for battle) is all I need to get through everything before that. I'm always 20 levels ahead of the opponent.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KurodaMurasaki

[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

[QUOTE="fail_baby"]

Empoleon=Water

8th gym=Electric

fail_baby

Espeon- Lv. 46

Giratina- Lv. 48

Togekiss- Lv. 45

Torterra- Lv. 45

Gyarados- Lv. 44

Rapidash- Lv. 44

That explains a lot. He got most of them before they had a chance to strike. I only stock up on Pokemon right before the Elite 4. 1 Pokemon and a few HM slaves(never used for battle) is all I need to get through everything before that. I'm always 20 levels ahead of the opponent.

Wow, that's impressive. I guess you must grind a lot? Even 5 levels make a big difference, but 20?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

[QUOTE="fail_baby"]

Empoleon=Water

8th gym=Electric

fail_baby

Espeon- Lv. 46

Giratina- Lv. 48

Togekiss- Lv. 45

Torterra- Lv. 45

Gyarados- Lv. 44

Rapidash- Lv. 44

I do the same thing too! :o
But I over did it in Platinum than in Diamond. By the time I was in the second gym, My Prinplup was at lvl. 30. :?

MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts
Accumulating 60+ hours on gold? I think thats a little over the top. The Pokemon in that game were suprisinly weak compared to the other regions. i would say i accumulated at least 35-40 hours on gold.
777rak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 777rak
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

awssk8er716
Same here!!! That would be a very longggggggggggg game. Though that will probalbly never happen untill(I hope this never happens) maybe the very last pokemon game ever say idk generation 10(kncks on wood for hoping this isn't the last generation) they will put all the zones into one game. Now that my friend would be an extremley long game
boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 boba707
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts

what if they made a pokemon game where you were Ash ketchum and could go to all the maps

Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pyro767

what if they made a pokemon game where you were Ash ketchum and could go to all the maps

boba707
They have. You just name yourself "Ash."
The_Creed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Creed
Member since 2007 • 1429 Posts

[QUOTE="fail_baby"]

[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

[QUOTE="fail_baby"]

Empoleon=Water

8th gym=Electric

KurodaMurasaki

Espeon- Lv. 46

Giratina- Lv. 48

Togekiss- Lv. 45

Torterra- Lv. 45

Gyarados- Lv. 44

Rapidash- Lv. 44

Since you have espeon, you are automatically the coolest person ever. And grinding... wow is that a pain. After the game is where the real fun starts... Battle frontier. I've already put in at least 10 hours in just that. with training the pokemon i use and all. But if your pokemon get into the low 50's you can probably smoke the E4

And my opinion on the new game is, Someone(Sorry :/ ) was right about the pokemon being weaker than that of any other game. The elite four in that game had a highest of level 53 pokemon i think. Still i enjoyed it a lot. But i put most of my time in Emerald. And yeah, having a game with just 3 different lands would get your pokemon to at least level 75 at the least... So having all of them, it would just be level 100 battles the whole time, that would get boring after a while to me.

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
Pokemon Gold and Crystal was awesome. That game was really long. I think I put like 200 hours into that game. :P
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
Going through the story I done, 32 on Ruby, 35 on Fire Red, 30 on Platinum. I'm happy with that.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Crystal felt like the longest to me, but that could be because I put in like 300 hours on it. :P