Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is one EFFIN' ANNOYING GAME

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

action1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 action1234
Member since 2006 • 958 Posts

Seriously, I downloaded this game about a month or two ago off the VC. Honestly, I have to play minigames to win stuff that I need for the main adventure?? Then at so many times during the game, I have no clue what to do and keep going on GameFAQs for help. For now, I gave up on this game.

I wanted to try it since everyone is saying it's such a masterpiece, but I actually found it annoying. Previously, I played and beat Twilight Princess which was the first Zelda game I played through, and I even found that game "okay". Some stuff was cool like riding on the top. Can I just conclude that I'm not interested in the Zelda series?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Not interested because it's too hard for you? Where are you at in the game now?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I don't remember doing minigames to get stuff required for the main adventure...
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

Can I just conclude that I'm not interested in the Zelda series?

action1234
Before giving up, try and play The Wind Waker. That is the best one if you ask me. Since TP was your first one you probably don't have that knack for automatically knowing what to do next. If you haven't gotten far enough into the game to come back to it later then maybe you could try playing some of the older ones first.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
It can happen. I had that with the original Myst when it came out. There was little logic involved, a lot of looking and trying and looking some more. It drove me insane and i was an avid adventure gamer. Hey, not everyone can be a zelda fan action1234. Some games require a certain way of thinking. Try to approach the entire game differently, like by checking stuff out rather than trying to progress. If You don't like it You don't like it. I don't like tetris but peoples were in love with it.
fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

Not everyone likes Zelda games. Most people do, but not everyone.

You may be one of the few that don't.

I suggest you give it one more try and play the WindWaker. It is the best starting point.

Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

And, still, there are people these days asking for harder games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

You don't need to do minigames, that's just for bonus slingshot pellets.

If you want the adult shield, find the grave in the cemetary in Kakariko Village and pull it and go down and get it. That way you don't even have to pay for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

TC is right.

When I first played the game, I thought the puzzles were brutally difficult and I kept having to go online to find out what to do as well.

They can get really discouraging if you aren't used to Zelda.

Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts

dan_the_menace

Well OoT is 11 years old. ;)
I didn't even die once in Twilight Princess. I died one time in Wind Waker though. I was afk...

Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

[QUOTE="dan_the_menace"]

Arnalion

Well OoT is 11 years old. ;)
I didn't even die once in Twilight Princess. I died one time in Wind Waker though. I was afk...

The basics hasn't changed a bit. Z-targeting is still there. Most bosses die after being hit three times in an especific spot with a specific weapon/technique. But I could agree that OoT had harder dungeons. Other than that, they have pretty similar difficulty levels. If TC thinks OoT is hard (or annoying), don't ever EVER get close to Majora's Mask, or even OoT: Master Quest. :P

fyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fyor
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts

Not everyone likes Zelda games. Most people do, but not everyone.

You may be one of the few that don't.

I suggest you give it one more try and play the WindWaker. It is the best starting point.

fiscope

yup Wind Waker is a very good start :) (still my fav in the series)

Alttp and MM......are still the hardest tho

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

What mini-games do you have to do to complete the main story?

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
there is only one time where you may complain about the Zelda series and that is the Water Temple in pretty much each zelda game ever. otherwise, perfection
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 snowman6251

What mini-games do you have to do to complete the main story?

bobcheeseball
hes talking about shooting ranges and the like for quiver and bomb bag upgrades. maybe pieces of heart too.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
I don't remember doing minigames to get stuff required for the main adventure...siLVURcross
because there arent such things. unless he's so bad at aiming he needs a larger quiver... anyways, even though there are better zelda games *cough*windwaker*cough*, i have to admit OoT was a nice game. maybe the fact that i played it for the first time years later, on the GC port, made me not like it as much as the rest of the zelda fans.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
if oot is too hard for you you might want to give up on games all together....
hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hansolo14
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

This happens when KIDS get real games from VC

I recommend you NinjaGaiden 1or 2 for nes, you will enjoy it

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

It's not the game's fault that you lack patience. If you keep at it, you'll soon discover that it's really an easy game once you understand the tricks.

snipe12388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 snipe12388
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
Will he post when he reaches the Water Temple? Oh god, the annoying parts of raising and lowering the water levels.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Will he post when he reaches the Water Temple? Oh god, the annoying parts of raising and lowering the water levels.snipe12388
The annoying part for me was after walking in one door there was a 'hidden' switch right behind me to the left that I needed. It was the one switch to flip I didn't see for a while.

I would concur with the one poster saying whatever you do, do NOT pick up Majora's Mask. Not only does it have the case where you have to wander to find what to do, but now you have a timelimit before you have to rewander what you just wandered. I didn't find OoT that hard though, or entertaining, but only because I have played a LOT of Zelda and other games that kind of gave me ideas to try.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
It's annoying because of the controls.
hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hansolo14

It's annoying because of the controls.OreoMilkshake

You mean without the N64 pad?

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]It's annoying because of the controls.hansolo14

Without the Wiimote. I played this after TP.
hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hansolo14

[QUOTE="hansolo14"]

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]It's annoying because of the controls.OreoMilkshake

Without the Wiimote. I played this after TP.

lol, I also found very enjoyable the motion controls in TP BTW :)

but the classic controller is just ok for a masterpiece like that (not as good as the N64 one but its ok)

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#26 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

If you need to look at FAQs all the time because you are getting stuck you are obviously doing it wrong. :P

And you don't have to play any mini-games to get items that are necessary for the main quest.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
:lol: I can't wait until he gets to the Water Temple. How is it hard? is it the controls back in the day we used N64 controls so that might make the game a little more difficult. You don't have to play mini games to finish the main quest, the mini games only get you things like a bigger quiver, heart piece or bomb bag which is useful. If your finding the game actually hard like then prehaps its not the game for you...I very much doubt you will like Majora's Mask either...you get a time counter with that one, I am sorry to say mate but its probably just not your game. what genre of game do you like?
hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hansolo14

:lol: I can't wait until he gets to the Water Temple. How is it hard? is it the controls back in the day we used N64 controls so that might make the game a little more difficult. You don't have to play mini games to finish the main quest, the mini games only get you things like a bigger quiver, heart piece or bomb bag which is useful. If your finding the game actually hard like then prehaps its not the game for you...I very much doubt you will like Majora's Mask either...you get a time counter with that one, I am sorry to say mate but its probably just not your game. what genre of game do you like?stike22

MM its more straight forward than ocarina of time, the time factor doesnt bother at all

IMO its more easy to get lost in Ocarina of time (not knowing what to do) than in MM

action1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 action1234
Member since 2006 • 958 Posts

But I need a bomb bag to put bombs in...which you win when you play certain minigames...

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

lmao, Navi tells you everything that you need to do!!!!! If you think OoT is hard, try the original.

I've been playing Zelda since the original came out, so obviously... I just know what I should do, bla blah bla. But seriously, Zelda's difficulty has decreased significantly with the years.

You don't have to complete any mini games in order to finish the main quest. Those are all there to give you "other" things to do. Whether you do it the first time around, or for replability reasons

Zelda is about exploration, and being rewarded for it as well as, completing the main quest. Now, go play it again, and like it.

skullboy950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 skullboy950
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

You must be at the water temple.:P

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 snowman6251

[QUOTE="stike22"]:lol: I can't wait until he gets to the Water Temple. How is it hard? is it the controls back in the day we used N64 controls so that might make the game a little more difficult. You don't have to play mini games to finish the main quest, the mini games only get you things like a bigger quiver, heart piece or bomb bag which is useful. If your finding the game actually hard like then prehaps its not the game for you...I very much doubt you will like Majora's Mask either...you get a time counter with that one, I am sorry to say mate but its probably just not your game. what genre of game do you like?hansolo14

MM its more straight forward than ocarina of time, the time factor doesnt bother at all

IMO its more easy to get lost in Ocarina of time (not knowing what to do) than in MM

Have you ever played Stone Tower Temple or tried to get all the masks in MM. Stone Tower Temple is insanely confusing just because its the first time a zelda game ever decided to make a dungeon purely to confuse you to death. Also doing the whole couple's quest to get those masks, and oh man, the stone mask. If you don't know where the stone mask is from the get go, your chances of finding it are beyond slim, more like microscopic. OOT is definitely more straightforward minus the water temple and the windmill quest.
mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts

Will he post when he reaches the Water Temple? Oh god, the annoying parts of raising and lowering the water levels.snipe12388

lol,i hope he doesnt get there.TC might commit suicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

But I need a bomb bag to put bombs in...which you win when you play certain minigames...

action1234

You get given your first bomb bag in dodongo's cavern. I'm gonna assume you aren't in there because you think you need bombs to get in, a paradox it seems. In actuality, you need to go to the goron city, play zelda's lullaby on the ocarina to get into the throne room, play the chief saria's song on the ocarina to cheer him up, and he'll give you a bracelet that lets you pick up BOMB FLOWERS. Go to the cliff above the entrance to dodongo's cavern, pick a flower and throw it down to blow up the rock. No minigames required.

I just recited that from memory, it might not be perfect but that's the jist of it.

Action_Player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Action_Player
Member since 2006 • 688 Posts

[QUOTE="action1234"]

You get given your first bomb bag in dodongo's cavern. I'm gonna assume you aren't in there because you think you need bombs to get in, a paradox it seems. In actuality, you need to go to the goron city, play zelda's lullaby on the ocarina to get into the throne room, play the chief saria's song on the ocarina to cheer him up, and he'll give you a bracelet that lets you pick up BOMB FLOWERS. Go to the cliff above the entrance to dodongo's cavern, pick a flower and throw it down to blow up the rock. No minigames required.

I just recited that from memory, it might not be perfect but that's the jist of it.

Also to add to that on two of the weapons, you need the weapon first before you get the upgrades. At this point in the game, you can't get the Bombs any earlier except in the second dungeon. Also listen to Navi, as annoying as she is; she's helpful, and talk to the NPCs, they can also provide some useful information,if this is your first playthrough

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

lmao, Navi tells you everything that you need to do!!!!! If you think OoT is hard, try the original.

I've been playing Zelda since the original came out, so obviously... I just know what I should do, bla blah bla. But seriously, Zelda's difficulty has decreased significantly with the years.

You don't have to complete any mini games in order to finish the main quest. Those are all there to give you "other" things to do. Whether you do it the first time around, or for replability reasons

Zelda is about exploration, and being rewarded for it as well as, completing the main quest. Now, go play it again, and like it.

danger_ranger95

Well said. The original was a total pain in the ***. I don't know how I beat that game years ago when I had such a hard time doing it recently.

OOT was never difficult for me except for finding the last skutulla at the castle(which is completely random and vague, requiring GameFaqs to have any clue as to how to get it:x).

Anyway, listen to this man TC.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

action1234
or if you go to the dungeon and get it there... you get bomb bag expansions on the minigames.
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#38 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

Just find a good illustrated guide for your first time through. It may not be the ideal way to play, but it seems like you're getting hung up on the easy stuff. I'm not making fun (that bomb thing tripped me up too the first time around). After you get a feel for the formula, and how to approach the game, then get out there and do it yourself. The game get's much better after the first three temples.

After you beat Dodongo's Cavern you're going to have to beat this dungeon called Jabu Jabu's Belly. You're going to hate it. You're going to want to stop playing the game. Don't. It get's waaay better from there on out.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

How about that Water Temple? :D

This is the reason Nintendo is creating that hint system lol. They probably will make the zelda much harder, and for those who arent as good (e.g. the TC no offense dude) they will have the hint system thingy. lol

Avatar image for nintendo_geek64
nintendo_geek64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nintendo_geek64
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

It's annoying because of the controls.OreoMilkshake
then use a gamecube controller pretty much same controlles on the master quest game on gamecube

Avatar image for nintendo_geek64
nintendo_geek64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nintendo_geek64
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

This is the reason Nintendo is creating that hint system lol. They probably will make the zelda much harder, and for those who arent as good (e.g. the TC no offense dude) they will have the hint system thingy. lol

painguy1

i sure hope the hint system get in the way of my gaming

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

nintendo_geek64

Only if you constantly choose it in the pause menu as miyamoto hinted in an interview with IGN ;)

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Iamsmee
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

ya ive never had a console pre-Wii, always a PC man (pro at FPS games, RTS and the like) and I found/find OOT really hard like the TC stated... normally have to use walkthroughs. the original LoZ was easier and entertained me for some time considering how old it is

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Iamsmee
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

nintendo_geek64

Nintendo's new system will be good imo, the whole 'ghost' style game playing the game for you... it means that it still keeps the complexity if traditional gamers want to keep it, since other genres, etc they get dumbed down by don't keep the balance and the hard-ness they used to have... e.g. MMORPGs

Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

I don't see why everyone says that the water temple is hard, I thought that it was easy.

And I never found Majoras Maskoverly hard. There were hard bits in it, but not as many as there are made out to be.The only reason that I've never finished it is because I sucked at Goron Rolling (At the last bit where you get the Fierce Diety mask, or at least try to.) And the first Zelda is more of an open world, where it leaves you to your own devices. It's more annoying then hard, in my opinion.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
Gamers these days... :| Try Wind Waker or Twilight Princess, they are more casual (and WW is still as good as OoT imo). If those are also too hard for you, you're simply going to have to buy casual games like Wii Fit or w/e.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#47 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I managed to complete the game without having to do mini games. It is possible to complete the game without getting Epona either because I have done it.

Avatar image for diamonddigger87
diamonddigger87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 diamonddigger87
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

Seriously, I downloaded this game about a month or two ago off the VC. Honestly, I have to play minigames to win stuff that I need for the main adventure?? Then at so many times during the game, I have no clue what to do and keep going on GameFAQs for help. For now, I gave up on this game.

I wanted to try it since everyone is saying it's such a masterpiece, but I actually found it annoying. Previously, I played and beat Twilight Princess which was the first Zelda game I played through, and I even found that game "okay". Some stuff was cool like riding on the top. Can I just conclude that I'm not interested in the Zelda series?

action1234

You should I came to the same conclusion my friend but I believe you should try a 2d zelda first I will too. Also puzzles get on my nerves. Just to throw it out there the Wii isn't the first console I've owned it's the eighth

Zeldafan221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zeldafan221
Member since 2009 • 1190 Posts
You don't have to play the mini games at all. I never played one of them until I beat the game.
its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

dude your doing it all wrong usually people only have to ask for help at the water temple