Lack of Review on Gamespot for Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Pretty sad It supposed to be one of the best DS games this year.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I know, I'm still waiting for their review. I already bought the game though so it's all good.
the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts

i'de really like to see it. i dont have it ( or scribblenauts) yet because i've got lots of tests/presentations, and its my first semester of college. i'll get them both eventually, after i get through these couple weeks

mangocrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 mangocrazy
Member since 2009 • 87 Posts
I heard it was a great game. I think I might get it.
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#6 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

Yeah, I was a bit surprised that they didn't review it within the first two/three days of release. But I didn't need a review...I knew it would be good!

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
Came here to post this exact same thing, the game is a blast and if it gets anything below 9.0 I'll be very disappointed in GS.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

i'de really like to see it. i dont have it ( or scribblenauts) yet because i've got lots of tests/presentations, and its my first semester of college. i'll get them both eventually, after i get through these couple weeks

the_wet_mop
Yeah I know school is hampering me down too. I've played a little bit of scribblenauts, but M&L is still in the shrink wrap.
SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts

Its an incredible game I can't believe they haven't reviewed it yet. Its funny though, it came out last week and Halo:ODST came out this week and Halo is the one to be reviewed first.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

GS is usually always late on reviews, which is dissapointing

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

munchlax99
Late on non high profile reviews, they sure are on the ball for ODST.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

My guess is that they didnt get an early copy so they might still be playing through it.

DSgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 DSgurl
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts

I'm waiting on the review too but I know it is coming soon. I was going to buy the game but I'm going to wait and maybe just rent it for now.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

My guess is that they didnt get an early copy so they might still be playing through it.

bunchofpixels

No they did a preview a week before release and showed the first ten minutes of the game so we know they had it early.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bunchofpixels

[QUOTE="bunchofpixels"]

Bigboi500

No they did a preview a week before release and showed the first ten minutes of the game so we know they had it early.

I'm not sure how they review games, but did they have an early version of the complete and final game?
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

I was just about to make a topic about this. It's dissapointing no review is out, is the game really long or something? Halo 3 ODST and Scribblenauts reviews are out, and they're out later. I bet they won't even review TMNT Smash up.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bunchofpixels

Why wait for a review of the game? We all know it was going to be good. Plus there are a bunch of other sites with reviews out if you are that anxious.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="bunchofpixels"]

bunchofpixels

I'm not sure how they review games, but did they have an early version of the complete and final game?

Not sure but since it was only a week or so before the official release I assume it was the final game.

I already got the game and am playing and loving it I'm just surprised GS has let a top tier DS game like this go neglected this long. I'm only a few hours in but right now i'd score it at least a 9.0, maybe 9.5 from what I've seen and played so far.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

They're probably being too busy satisfying the mainstream (Halo:ODST, Uncharted 2 etc.).

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
If you are still undecided on this game get it NAO! :x Don't wait for GS reviews, read player reviews. They will help you more.
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts

munchlax99
they reviewed scribblenauts for like 1 or 2 days after the game's release,maybe they're just not that hyped for this game
korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts

I don't blame them. We're just getting into the holiday flood, they're sending people to conventions left and right, and they're tackling other projects. Besides, we can't deny Halo: ODST was far more anticipated then M&L:BIS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
Member since 2009 • 9489 Posts
If you are still undecided on this game get it NAO! :x Don't wait for GS reviews, read player reviews. They will help you more.SoraX64
Amen to that :P
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I already got the game and am playing and loving it I'm just surprised GS has let a top tier DS game like this go neglected this long. I'm only a few hours in but right now i'd score it at least a 9.0, maybe 9.5 from what I've seen and played so far.

Bigboi500

I'm a bit confused by all of this myself.

Until a few weeks ago, almost every post about Scribblenauts acted like the Okami posts, where someone discovered or read something new about the game and pleaded with everyone to let more of this greatness happen instead of being buried in the sand by the unstoppable Juggernaut known as a Mario game.

Then the game sells out almost everywhere, ensuring a second run (something most new games never do) and people begin to realize just how much the game they begged people to think twice about deserved their attention too.

I'm just waiting to see whether either of these hit the npd top 20, because every time Gamespot has to link a story about how many people bought a game they didn't deem well enough to review, it just hurts their credibility. Which it should, because their review policy even points it out.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

It will probably get a 9 or 9.5 anyway

gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

I too am awaiting anxiously...I'll buy it regardless of the Gamespot review, but I'm guessing 8.5 just because it's Gamespot

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

Im gonna buy it regardless but id still like to check out what they have to say about it, im also curious as to when gametrailers will put up their review as well.

maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Im pretty used to them being wishy washy when it comes to DS reviews.

Sometimes they come out quick like GTA and sometimes they take 10 years like Avalon Code.

Avatar image for KamikazeSasqach
KamikazeSasqach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KamikazeSasqach
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

GS really sux when it comes to reviews (my new theory is that they wait until after all the other game sites post their reviews so that they can make theirs lower), but this is ridiculous. I think the first 12 minute vid thing came out a week and a half before the game was released and in the video the guy said he'd put 18 hours into it already. WFT? There are also some other problems like they never really reviewd (that I saw anyway) the new controlls for the metroid Wii re-release. It's getting to where I'm slowing checking other sites first before GS. I like them because I don't have to waid through all the fluff and useless stuff and non-game-related stuff I do in other sites, but at least they get me a d@mn review in an acceptable amount of time. Maybe I'm complaining too much about a free service?

KamikazeSasqach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KamikazeSasqach

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="bunchofpixels"]

bunchofpixels

Watch the preview vid they did a few weeks back. The guy said he had unlocked all but one of the modes for Mario and that he was 18 hours into it. I think that probably means they had a full copy.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

I bet GS thinks it's so good they don't want to give a DS game a 10 because it would overshadow Halo:ODST.

Inyorukoshiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Inyorukoshiro
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I've played and beat the first two games and I have to say they give you a hefty storyline to play with for hours on end. I remember buying Mario and Luigi SuperStarSege, and when I got halfway through the game my brother "accidentaly" stole it and left it in his pants. I was freaking out and wouldn't stop to eat untill meh mommmy took me to Wal-Mart to buy it again XD
hashabnelah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hashabnelah
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts

GS really sux when it comes to reviews (my new theory is that they wait until after all the other game sites post their reviews so that they can make theirs lower), but this is ridiculous.

KamikazeSasqach

You may want to avoid saying prejorative and false things about GameSpot if you do not want to be moderated for trolling.

Anyways, I am waiting for GameSpot's (and Gametrailers') review on this game, even though I have finished it just today after more than 36 hours into it. I found out that I did not fully finished the game when I learned that [spoiler] I need to reach the maximum levels for both Bowser and Mario & Luigi. I am doing it right now, and by the way, good riddice for mad scientist Fawful! He is finally defeated at the end! [/spoiler] . Bowser's Inside Story is a fun game that taught me how to properly time my attacks.

KamikazeSasqach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KamikazeSasqach

[QUOTE="KamikazeSasqach"]

GS really sux when it comes to reviews (my new theory is that they wait until after all the other game sites post their reviews so that they can make theirs lower), but this is ridiculous.

hashabnelah

You may want to avoid saying prejorative and false things about GameSpot if you do not want to be moderated for trolling.

Meh. Not trolling. Merely stating that Gamespot typically takes longer to get their reviews out than most other sites and that the reviews are typically lower than other sites in a sarcastic way (as is my nature). I primally watch IGN and GS. Compare any 10 reviews for the same games on either site and IGN will have a higher review on 8 of them and have gotten it out days (or weeks in this case) sooner. Maybe they just aren't spending as much time with them and, therefore, rate the games higher.

example:

Bubble Bobble Neo GS 7.0 IGN 7.9

Pinball Hall of fame GS 8.0 IGN 8.5

NHL 2K10 (PS3) GS 7.0 IGN 6.7

RE 5 (PC) GS 8.5 IGN 9.3

Marvel vs Capcome 2 (ps3) GS 7.5 IGN 9

That's all the games on GS home page under the reviews section...

GS review or not it sounds like Bowsers inside story is worth the money if you've gotten that much play time out of it. I'll be playing scribblenauts until I get it though :) (GS 8.0 IGN 8.7 ;)

sora1226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sora1226
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts

They are probably still enjoying the game too much and are too busy to review it :P

OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

[QUOTE="hashabnelah"]

KamikazeSasqach

Meh. Not trolling. Merely stating that Gamespot typically takes longer to get their reviews out than most other sites and that the reviews are typically lower than other sites in a sarcastic way (as is my nature). I primally watch IGN and GS. Compare any 10 reviews for the same games on either site and IGN will have a higher review on 8 of them and have gotten it out days (or weeks in this case) sooner. Maybe they just aren't spending as much time with them and, therefore, rate the games higher.

example:

RE 5 (PC) GS 8.5 IGN 9.3

GS review or not it sounds like Bowsers inside story is worth the money if you've gotten that much play time out of it. I'll be playing scribblenauts until I get it though :) (GS 8.0 IGN 8.7 ;)

When was the last time IGN used the lower half of their scale? Seriously, according to IGN every game they review is good, great or awesome. According to their scores there pretty much are no bad games.

This is what I hate about the 1-10 score scale. You never see games that get a 3 or a 4. You pretty much only see 6 and up. And when a game scores a 6, they say that the game is bad, but that totally contradicts with the score. 6 is above average, and it should mean that the game is pretty good, right?

OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 OniStrat

[QUOTE="hashabnelah"]

KamikazeSasqach

example:

RE 5 (PC) GS 8.5 IGN 9.3

When was the last time IGN used the lower half of their scale? Seriously, according to IGN every game they review is good, great or awesome. According to their scores there pretty much are no bad games.

This is what I hate about the 1-10 score scale. You never see games that get a 3 or a 4. You pretty much only see 6 and up. And when a game scores a 6, they say that the game is bad, but that totally contradicts with the score. 6 is above average, and it should mean that the game is pretty good, right?

KamikazeSasqach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KamikazeSasqach

OniStrat

I'm not sure. I tend to mainly foccus on games I'm interested in and those are typically the games that tend to get higher reviews (although not always). They are always on a sliding scale together though (usually within 1 point of each other). Oooo...here's one ;) http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14227831.html

I find my own personal feelings about games are usually somewhere in between GS and IGN which is why I like having both to go by. And, if I didn't value and trust GS's oppinion on games then I wouldn't get so annoyed on something like this. And, just a question: Why would you want to spend your time playing a game that only gets a 6 when you could be spending that time playing a game that got a 9? Granted, your opinion isn't always going to line up with the reviewer's, but I think it's a pretty accurate gage to at least base your purchases on. There are some games I'll be getting no matter what the review because I know they'll be good or because it looks like something I'll enjoy...but on a game like this I wanted a review first.

OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 OniStrat

[QUOTE="OniStrat"]

KamikazeSasqach

I'm not sure. I tend to mainly foccus on games I'm interested in and those are typically the games that tend to get higher reviews (although not always). They are always on a sliding scale together though (usually within 1 point of each other). Oooo...here's one ;) http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14227831.html

I find my own personal feelings about games are usually somewhere in between GS and IGN which is why I like having both to go by. And, if I didn't value and trust GS's oppinion on games then I wouldn't get so annoyed on something like this. And, just a question: Why would you want to spend your time playing a game that only gets a 6 when you could be spending that time playing a game that got a 9? Granted, your opinion isn't always going to line up with the reviewer's, but I think it's a pretty accurate gage to at least base your purchases on. There are some games I'll be getting no matter what the review because I know they'll be good or because it looks like something I'll enjoy...but on a game like this I wanted a review first.

The thing (and my point) is that the games that often get a 9 or a 9.5 are often 7 or 8's to me. What I mean is that gaming sites tend to overrate every game because of ther flawed review score system. Mario & Luigi: BiS is a great example; IGN gave it a 9.5... I give it 8 out of 10. If IGN would've given the game a 8/10, people would've thought "oh, so it's not that good", but to me, a 8 is great. Many reviewer's actual review doesn't match the score. They might say thing's like "you should stay away from this game at any cost" and then proceed to give the game a 6/10. The problem is that a 6/10 isn't a bad score. Like I said before, 6 i above average and should not be considered a bad score. What's the meaning of having a scoring system that goes from 1 to 10 if you're only going to use 6, 7, 8, and 9? Why not just have it go from 1 to 5, that way, maybe reviewer's dare to give out 1's and 2's once in a while to games that truly deserves that. EDGE is the only magazine that uses their whole scale, and when they give a game a 7/10 you know it's a good game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
Member since 2009 • 9489 Posts
I can just read the review they write in the nintendo magazine that comes out tomorrow :P
Avatar image for lex_in_the_moon
lex_in_the_moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lex_in_the_moon
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

Yeah, I don't know why it's taking so long. They loved the first two Mario and Luigi games.

hashabnelah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hashabnelah
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts

While we wait for GameSpot's review, Gametrailers.com posted its own more than an hour ago.

Link

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Do we have detectives on the case?
-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
The fact that Kingdom Hearts got a review first is surprising.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

There are several reasons as to why GS hasn't yet or perhaps won't review the game.

1: They might not have the time for it and felt that other games should be reviewed first.

2: Perhaps the game didn't get enough hits so it wasn't worth it compared to other more hyped games at the same time like Halo: ODST or Scribblenauts. This happened to both Front Mission DS and Rune Factory: Frontier. Both Nintendo and GS caters to the biggest audience they can and if that means a much smaller piece of the audience will go missing or neglected then that's the price they have to pay. Especially know in the Q3-Q4 rush.

3: It could be that they didn't get the game in time and simply are behind schedul. Sure they did preview they game some week ago but that preview could have been done weeks or even month ago and they just then could talk about it.

-

Why do we even need a review on this game here on GS? It's not like you can't find 100 other reviews on it on Gameraknings to read.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bigboi500

There are several reasons as to why GS hasn't yet or perhaps won't review the game.

1: They might not have the time for it and felt that other games should be reviewed first.

2: Perhaps the game didn't get enough hits so it wasn't worth it compared to other more hyped games at the same time like Halo: ODST or Scribblenauts. This happened to both Front Mission DS and Rune Factory: Frontier. Both Nintendo and GS caters to the biggest audience they can and if that means a much smaller piece of the audience will go missing or neglected then that's the price they have to pay. Especially know in the Q3-Q4 rush.

3: It could be that they didn't get the game in time and simply are behind schedul. Sure they did preview they game some week ago but that preview could have been done weeks or even month ago and they just then could talk about it.

-

Why do we even need a review on this game here on GS? It's not like you can't find 100 other reviews on it on Gameraknings to read.

JLF1

Lark Anderson said in the Persona PSP GS review thread on SW that it is in the process of being reviewed. I expect it to be posted later today or Tuesday probably.

Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#47 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts

The fact that Kingdom Hearts got a review first is surprising. -Fromage-

Same. And thefact that only games that are hyped get reviewed first is stupid.

clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts

It is quite disappointing, but understandable. They must be under a bit of stress having to play so many games (wow ok that wasn't meant to sound sarcastic :P). It must be like school all over again and having to write so many essays in so little time :cry:

I don't need the review I've already ordered it I know this will be great :D Should be arriving in the mail in a few days.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

While we wait for GameSpot's review, Gametrailers.com posted its own more than an hour ago.

Link

hashabnelah

Before that,G4TV give it a 5 out of 5

http://g4tv.com/games/ds/62008/Mario--Luigi-Bowsers-Inside-Story/review/

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

the game came out 2 weeks ago today.

this is horrible(it's the most popular ds game right now and for a while)