Knights in the Nightmare U.S site is up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

http://www.atlus.com/knights/

ComradeCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ComradeCrash
Member since 2005 • 2519 Posts

So its just like a Tactics game from what I can tell. Looks interesting but the art is okay.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pdiddy105

So its just like a Tactics game from what I can tell. Looks interesting but the art is okay.

ComradeCrash

The game blends multiple genres together....its hard to place it into just one.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#4 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I'll keep track of it. I'm already getting OG Saga, Devil Summoner 2, and Devil Survivor from Atlus. I would get Class of Heroes if I had PSP.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

OG Saga Yes, This game NO. Atlus always tries way too hard to do something new, and it ends up sacrificing fun for novelty (IMO)

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pdiddy105

OG Saga Yes, This game NO. Atlus always tries way too hard to do something new, and it ends up sacrificing fun for novelty (IMO)

TalesofRaGnArOk

Have you ever played Riviera? Its easily one of the most engaging and addictive RPGs in recent memory. Knights looks to follow in its footsteps and it'll be amazing because of that.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Thanks for the link. Some of the tabs still say "coming soon" but it has some nice info already. I'm getting it for sure.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

I just hope that this game doesn`t end like Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

The tri-ace dudes mixed VP battle mode with tactical strategy rpg... and that pretty much screwed the game.

The playstation version was so much better.

Now that i`ve talking about it, what is happening with the developers on the DS? They are all drastically changing the gameplay of the games (and sometimes for worse)

Super robot taisen.... the only DS one that comes to America they transform it in a turn-based rpg with eye candy attacks, the GBA ones were awesome, the copyright sue squad doesnt let they publish the good super robot taisen series here, this is pretty dumb, are they so afraid that the American public reject their content? (and characters alike).

And now this KitN... but yet this still remember me a bit of Yggdra Union (maybe because of the art of course.)

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pdiddy105

IGN said alot of positive things in their preview

Knights in the Nightmareis certainly an intimidating game, but it's really all about a lot of simple concepts all piled on top of each other, and after an hour with the game I not only get the concept, but love it. Once you figure it all out, it becomes a fast-paced, short-burst tactical game that really feels as much like a quarter-dropping arcade cabinet as it does a full-on RPG experience (when in reality it's a little of both). The battle system is easy to get into after coming to grips with the design, and from there each fight is made up of different one-screen arenas, a slew of enemies, and a few heroes to upgrade and battle with on the fly; really fun, and extremely addicting. I'm just scratching the surface on what Knights in the Nightmare has to offer, but already the visuals are simply stunning, the interface and presentation is intentionally "info overload" in nature, but easy to read once you understand it all, and the music is beautiful. For those that really want to learn the game's ins and outs, there's also about an hour of tutorials, lessons, and tips available from the start of the game, so it's clear thatStingknows just how complex their game is. So far though, it has been well worth the learning curve.

Treasure Hunter, Yggdra Union, and Riviera. STING has delivered in the past, and im confident they will deliver with KitN. I have a feeling it could be their best game yet.