Kingdom Hearts Wii Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vertiglug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 vertiglug
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I am a very big fan of the Kingdom Hearts games. I know that the 3rd one is a long way off from coming out. From all that I have heard personally, the game will come out on the PS2 exclusivly. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything different, because, The big thing for me with getting the wii was the lack of 3rd party games, that were up to quality with the other systems. I love Mario as much as the regular average 6 year old boy, but I would like to see a few other style games out as well.

Knowing that the makers of final fantasy have been discusing of putting a final fantasy game onto the wii, from the information I have heard from, I was wondering if Kingdom hearts as a possibity

bobtheflounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 bobtheflounder
Member since 2003 • 1126 Posts
Well, there are spin-offs coming to the PSP and the DS...so, theoretically, it is possible that a spin-off eventually comes to the Wii. As for KH3...it's going to be exclusive to the PS3.
CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
It's not going to happen.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
Nah... Square-Enix isn't big on the Wii, they seem to prefer the 360. The best we can hope for is a spinoff...
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts

Nah... Square-Enix isn't big on the Wii, they seem to prefer the 360. The best we can hope for is a spinoff...NWA_31

square enix has never preferred the 360....

they have always preferred sony or nintendo. 360 isnt a big seller in Japan, that is why Square Enix doesnt make games for 360

movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts
Nah... Square-Enix isn't big on the Wii, they seem to prefer the 360. The best we can hope for is a spinoff...NWA_31
True. Wait a sec. You return too?!
k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

I am a very big fan of the Kingdom Hearts games. I know that the 3rd one is a long way off from coming out. From all that I have heard personally, the game will come out on the PS2 exclusivly. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything different, because, The big thing for me with getting the wii was the lack of 3rd party games, that were up to quality with the other systems. I love Mario as much as the regular average 6 year old boy, but I would like to see a few other style games out as well.

Knowing that the makers of final fantasy have been discusing of putting a final fantasy game onto the wii, from the information I have heard from, I was wondering if Kingdom hearts as a possibity

vertiglug

Are you implying that you're underage, or that Mario is for kids? Most of the kids around that age that I know only play "mature" games because they think Mario's "kiddy". Mario has universal appeal, he's not just for kids; especially since the humor in the RPGs are way over kids' heads.

On-topic: I highly doubt a KH game will release on Wii. Potentially a spin-off, but I'm almost certain the main games are pretty much Sony-exclusive (like most of SE's main series).

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
this is like, what, the 27th KH Wii thread so far? either way, it would be cool, but it wont happen. and honestly, Square Enix games are known for expanding on the most visually outstanding hardware, thus why KH3 and FF13 will be on PS3. but hey, at least we get My Life as King (no sarcasm, i'm actually looking forward to this! :) )
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#9 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
Square isn't big on Nintendo themselves, any reason why Square can't be a Sony exclusive company?
kingkui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 kingkui
Member since 2008 • 883 Posts

[QUOTE="NWA_31"]Nah... Square-Enix isn't big on the Wii, they seem to prefer the 360. The best we can hope for is a spinoff...nintendoboy16
Square isn't big on Nintendo themselves, any reason why Square can't be a Sony exclusive company?

Square is huge with Nintendo!

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="vertiglug"]

k_smoove

Are you implying that you're underage, or that Mario is for kids? Most of the kids around that age that I know only play "mature" games because they think Mario's "kiddy". Mario has universal appeal, he's not just for kids; especially since the humor in the RPGs are way over kids' heads.

On-topic: I highly doubt a KH game will release on Wii. Potentially a spin-off, but I'm almost certain the main games are pretty much Sony-exclusive (like most of SE's main series).

Yeah it sounded to me that he was saying he was underage, but then again do you know a 6 year old who writes that much without errors. I wouldn't want the main series to go to the wii, but maybe a spin off or port??? :P maybe not a port but spin off would be cool. Oh and as of right now it's PS3 not PS2.

DeathGod317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeathGod317

i hope they make a kingdom hearts for the wii i found a gamecover for a game called kingdom hearts realm of the dissouled it says it's for the wii but i'm not sure if it's real or fake here's the adress http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/8919_kingdom_hearts_iii-orig.png

~ The Brawl Master ~

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
Heres an idea why don't they release the entire quadrilogy for the wii including the remake prequel that originally was solely a special edition. That would be tight. I'm sure everyone here would give Square Enix mad props for that.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="NWA_31"]Nah... Square-Enix isn't big on the Wii, they seem to prefer the 360. The best we can hope for is a spinoff...makaveli_89

they have always preferred sony or nintendo. 360 isnt a big seller in Japan, that is why Square Enix doesnt make games for 360

Yeah, if anything i fully expect the game to appear on the Wii more so than the PS3. Reasons being:
- Wii has a huge userbase in Japan, and globally, thus leading to more sales
- They can capture a new audience, one that they did not manage to get with KH1 and 2
- The Wii can provide a terrific art s+yle for the game, just look at super mario galaxy
- The controller and KH will fit perfectly together

PikaPikaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 PikaPikaboo
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
Except for PS3 Fans.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#16 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]Nah... Square-Enix isn't big on the Wii, they seem to prefer the 360. The best we can hope for is a spinoff...kingkui

They were with the NES, but now the chances of them producing games for the big N is rare. They're much huger with Sony.
knightfire35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 knightfire35
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts
Probably won't happen, but it would be cool.
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
[QUOTE="kingkui"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]Nah... Square-Enix isn't big on the Wii, they seem to prefer the 360. The best we can hope for is a spinoff...nintendoboy16

They were with the NES, but now the chances of them producing games for the big N is rare. They're much huger with Sony.

They're pretty big with Nintendo. FFCC: My Life as a King, that Chocobo game, and then the whole collection of DS games. I think Square is realizing that the PS3 isn't the place to release a game they want to sell.

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
[QUOTE="makaveli_89"]

[QUOTE="NWA_31"]Nah... Square-Enix isn't big on the Wii, they seem to prefer the 360. The best we can hope for is a spinoff...Haziqonfire

Yeah, if anything i fully expect the game to appear on the Wii more so than the PS3. Reasons being:
- Wii has a huge userbase in Japan, and globally, thus leading to more sales
- They can capture a new audience, one that they did not manage to get with KH1 and 2
- The Wii can provide a terrific art s+yle for the game, just look at super mario galaxy
- The controller and KH will fit perfectly together

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if either game sold over a million copies..... Anyway, being on the Wii would be great because it fits the 'key demo' like a glove and would be well-received and accepted by Wii owners, but it won't happen. It'll be on the 'hard-to-the-black-core' PS3 with unbelievable graphics and such. You on the other hand just get the B-grade handheld spin-off that sells good and comes with lollipop for Suzie.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Why do people keep saying it's going to be on the PS3?
Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts
Why do people keep saying it's going to be on the PS3? goblaa
Because the first 2 were on the PS2.
bobtheflounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bobtheflounder

[QUOTE="goblaa"]Why do people keep saying it's going to be on the PS3? TwilightSoilder

Exactly. Plus, I remember reading an interview with the director of KH2 saying that the next one will be on the PS3. I will personally go to the store, buy a PS3, take it apart, and eat it piece by piece if KH3 is on the Wii. You can quote me on that. It just won't happen. Spin-offs maybe...but not KH3.

Raykuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Raykuza
Member since 2005 • 1873 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]Why do people keep saying it's going to be on the PS3? TwilightSoilder

Duh.

Also FFXIII = PS3

EnozmeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 EnozmeH
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts
This is a nice thought, i always wondered if KH was worth playing... then i heard so many people talking about it, can't wait for the day Nintendo makes friends with all game developers!
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

So were the last few DQ games, but looked what happened to 9. SE has a history of simply going with the most popular system.

bobtheflounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bobtheflounder

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="goblaa"]Why do people keep saying it's going to be on the PS3? goblaa

So were the last few DQ games, but looked what happened to 9. SE has a history of simply going with the most popular system.

True, but that's because Dragon Quest is like a religion in Japan. They line up on the streets for hours and hours and block traffic when a new DQ game comes out. And since practically everyone in Japan has a Wii it only makes sense to put the most popular game in Japan on the most popular system in Japan. Kingdom Hearts isn't as popular there so it wouldn't drive the developer to switch exclusivity.

Master_Saibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Master_Saibot
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts

Were the first two on PS2 because of SE's loyalty to Sony or because that was the best selling console of the generation?

Think about it, 3rd and 4th gen Square and Enix games were exclusively on NES and SNES because they were the best selling consoles of the generation. Square put FFVII on PS1 because game carts were too expensive to produce and couldn't hold enough. Square stayed with the PS1 because it was the best selling console of that generation. 6th gen was the same. This gen however Nintendo is back on top so I see no reason why the next KH game can't be on Wii.

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts

Were the first two on PS2 because of SE's loyalty to Sony or because that was the best selling console of the generation?

Think about it, 3rd and 4th gen Square and Enix games were exclusively on NES and SNES because they were the best selling consoles of the generation. Square put FFVII on PS1 because game carts were too expensive to produce and couldn't hold enough. Square stayed with the PS1 because it was the best selling console of that generation. 6th gen was the same. This gen however Nintendo is back on top so I see no reason why the next KH game can't be on Wii.

Master_Saibot
That is exactly why I think KH belongs on the Wii. :)
Balraj15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Balraj15
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Kindom Hearts 3 hasnt even been announced yet so nobody can say what system it will be on but i most likly think it will be on PS3 since the last 2 were on ps2 and Square Enix are very close with sony and there Consoles.
vertiglug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 vertiglug

I'm not underage by the way

I was reading an article today about it and square said that, final fantasy will be the only sony exclusive game.. they haven't annouced kingdom hearts yet, but the way the article sounded, they would most likely put it on the wii, as well as the ps3

Which makes me very happy

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="goblaa"]Why do people keep saying it's going to be on the PS3? bobtheflounder

Exactly. Plus, I remember reading an interview with the director of KH2 saying that the next one will be on the PS3. I will personally go to the store, buy a PS3, take it apart, and eat it piece by piece if KH3 is on the Wii. You can quote me on that. It just won't happen. Spin-offs maybe...but not KH3.

thats because Square Enix wont give Nintendo systems a fair shot. They justify their own strategy. they make their main big games with their top tier devs on Sony systems and then bring much more toned down games to the Nintendo consoles. Its stupid and unfair.

At least the dS has Square's full support and its paying off. Why cant they do it for Wii?

newkid69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 newkid69
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts
I'm surprised I haven't heard anything from them yet about which console it's coming to. Hopefully it will be the wii. If it were exclusive it would be better!:D
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#33 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Square Enix is making a Final Fantasy game for Wii aren't they? A Kingdom Hearts Wii would be flat out SWEET!
MrPoo6321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrPoo6321
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
The Wii won't be able to support the graphics they're gonna go with on KH3.... there's just no way. Plus, the Kingdom Hearts games are kind of hugely overrated, IMO.
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
Well, there are spin-offs coming to the PSP and the DS...so, theoretically, it is possible that a spin-off eventually comes to the Wii. As for KH3...it's going to be exclusive to the PS3.bobtheflounder
it definitly wont be on the PS2, itll probably be out in 2012 knowing our luck :? And you can say its gonna be exclusive Ps 3 either, las time i heard, tehy havnt even confirmed the games existence
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

I'd like a spin-off for the Wii as well.

But the thing is that people tend to worry that Square will give us a dumbed down or insanely silly game and label it as Kingdom Hearts, which nobody wants.

I'd want a well-done quality game that adds a lot to the story without it actually being one of the main installments. I'd like that to be preserved for the ps3. I mean KH:CoM on the gba was pretty good, and it seems the ones for DS and PSP are shaping up nicely.

That's what I'd like to see for the Wii, the KH game that no fan should be without, one that mabe ties up even more loose ends and has excellent gameplay and style. Of course that is just blissful thinking, totally not possible

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
I could go for a Kingdom Hearts Wii edition. I won't necessarily expect it, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
DawnOfTheBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DawnOfTheBlade
This might be true.Plus...why for the 360 instead of the wii?360 is microsoft...you know.....isn't big in Japan.KH for the wii would be great.if it really is real...Hope it comes out A.S.A.P!Plus the KH358/2 is for the "DS" which is "NINTENDO COMPANY"...why don't people understand this...."it's not coming out for nintendo!"....yes it is.Nintendo had 2 KH games in it's history.Kingdom hearts:Chain of Memories and an upcoming Kingdom hearts:358/2 days.Believe it or not...Kingdom hearts is coming out for the wii.
DawnOfTheBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DawnOfTheBlade
actually...they are releasing others for psp,ds,and mobile.apparently,they are working on all three games at the same time.Kh3 is going to be on the ps3 but may also be on the wii.Kh3 will be released very soon F.Y.I..........
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

vertiglug

PS2? that ship has long sailed, my friend. There's no way in hell Square is releasing a blockbuster title like KH3 on a last-gen machine. No one has any idea where the next KH is headed and for good reason, the game would probably do well on all 3 current-gen consoles.

In any case, KH (in some form) on the Wii has a decent chance, we'll have to wait and see.

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="goblaa"]Why do people keep saying it's going to be on the PS3? bobtheflounder

True, but that's because Dragon Quest is like a religion in Japan. They line up on the streets for hours and hours and block traffic when a new DQ game comes out. And since practically everyone in Japan has a Wii it only makes sense to put the most popular game in Japan on the most popular system in Japan. Kingdom Hearts isn't as popular there so it wouldn't drive the developer to switch exclusivity.

You're right KH is more popular in the West, so why not bring it to 360 then? Or the Wii, which is popular worldwide? Like I said, It'll probably do well on any of the current gen consoles, well have to wait and see what Square says officially. Personally, I think it'll be a Multi-platform PS3-360 game, and a Wii Spin-off game may come out at some point as well (perhaps a Wii version of the first 2) .

Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts
This topic is tempting me to buy the original Kingdom Hearts. But I have so many other games that I still need to play. What should I do?