Kingdom Hearts is amazing!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Ok so i just got Kingdom Hearts and it's probably the best ds game i've ever had. It's even better than chinatown wars! I still dont get how gamespot gave it an 8. The camera is just fine if u set it to "B" controls.

Anyone else get the game?

AlanQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AlanQ
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ughh, I would get Kingdom Hearts, but I'm afraid it's going to lead me to confusion. I have never really played the series..
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Hey that's how i felt too. lol i never played any of the others either, but i can still follow along the story. It gives little hints along the way of what happend and stuff. You should get it.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

Hey that's how i felt too. lol i never played any of the others either, but i can still follow along the story. It gives little hints along the way of what happend and stuff. You should get it.

martinX3X
That's good because the only KH game I had was the one on the GBA. Now I'm definitely getting this game.
AlanQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AlanQ
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

martinX3X
Ah, great. lol, I thought it would've just continued where it left off without letting new players have an idea of whats really going on. I'll think of picking it up..
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

I doubt that KH is better than chinatown wars even though i never played KH DS as yet.

lucarocks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 lucarocks1
Member since 2009 • 601 Posts
Ughh, I would get Kingdom Hearts, but I'm afraid it's going to lead me to confusion. I have never really played the series.. AlanQ
Read the storys one wikipedia it will take 5 mins ;)
OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

Best game on the DS? Wow.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is good, but after a while it gets VERY repetitive. You constantly visit the same areas and do missions that resemble other missions too much. The story in 358/2 Days is pretty much nonexistent and the writing is bad. Really bad. The gameplay though is fun and the panel system is interesting and actually works pretty well.

I gave this game 18 hous of my life, and while the game is addictive in a weird way (mainly because of the panel system), it's not addictive or fun enough to make me want to play until I see the end credits.

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts
I do agree it's a pretty awesome game. Probably one of my favorite games, though Pokemon still tops it for me (just because I love Pokemon XP) Personally I wish it could read save data from Chain of memories using the dual slot feature for some bonus (any kind really XP), but that's just me wanting more.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is good, but after a while it gets VERY repetitive. You constantly visit the same areas and do missions that resemble other missions too much. The story in 358/2 Days is pretty much nonexistent and the writing is bad. Really bad. The gameplay though is fun and the panel system is interesting and actually works pretty well.

I gave this game 18 hous of my life, and while the game is addictive in a weird way (mainly because of the panel system), it's not addictive or fun enough to make me want to play until I see the end credits.

OniStrat
This is because you don't know the full story behind it.
game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts

I need to get this game.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Still considering this game
Brawl578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Brawl578
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

Dang it, I was just about to make a thread like this too :P I just got the game today, and it's easily my favorite DS game.

Avatar image for gracideadude012
gracideadude012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gracideadude012
Member since 2009 • 921 Posts

Definitely it's my favorite game ever, I lovee the series and like Hegna1 I also love Pokemon but I gotta say all the Kingdom Hearts are much better than Pokemon and it's addictive too so anyone who doesn't have it, then what are u waiting for?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#15 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Ok so i just got Kingdom Hearts and it's probably the best ds game i've ever had. It's even better than chinatown wars! I still dont get how gamespot gave it an 8. The camera is just fine if u set it to "B" controls.

martinX3X
Kingdom hearts hurts my thumb... :o But its still good :)
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
[QUOTE="martinX3X"]

bbkkristian

YES! My thumb was sore after some boss battles
calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 calvinx6
Member since 2004 • 1788 Posts

Just got it and it looks good.

mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="martinX3X"]

mrmusicman247

YES! My thumb was sore after some boss battles

Switch to camera control B, and switch the camera speed to fast. It helps quite a bit. Just use L and R to turn.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

martinX3X
I love this game too so far I'm up to Day 50 or 51 (whatever day Roxas wakes up). I agree with camera though. I have absolutely no idea why people have said the camera for this game is bad. It was bad at first, but once I got far enough to use the Type B controls it's just fine. Only thing I don't like is the control pad hurts my thumb after a while. I never played Chinatown Wars because I just got tired of GTA, but I'm sure I'd still like this game more because KH is my 2nd favorite series. It's not quite my favorite game on DS though. TWEWY is my favorite right now, and as much as I like this game, it's going to be tough for it to pass that. I'm also in the middle of Devil Survivor right now and I love that too so it's close between KH and that for 2nd.
Shiafiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shiafiku
Member since 2008 • 493 Posts
I'm 21 hours in this game, and still loving it.
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
[QUOTE="martinX3X"]

Everyone complains about the camera. I love the type A controls for the camera, it's so easy to use with your thumb...I wouldn't have it any other way. In all the controls are flawless imo.
Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

wont get the game until thursday or friday :( man I hate I need to w8 SO long for my games :(

dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#23 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

Great news! I'm really psyched for this one. I didn't like the GBA version that much though (compared to the PS2 titles that is).... is it really different from that entry?

virus1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 virus1000
Member since 2009 • 10187 Posts
I am definetly getting it, I hope I will be able to follow story because I didnt play any other Kingdom Hearts game.
Avatar image for gracideadude012
gracideadude012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gracideadude012
Member since 2009 • 921 Posts
I am definetly getting it, I hope I will be able to follow story because I didnt play any other Kingdom Hearts game.virus1000
Meh just buy the guide or check the game's booklet and at the beggining there's a quick summary of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and then just check Kingdom Hearts 2's story on wikipedia or at www.kingdomhearts.wikia.com
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I have no idea if I should get this game or not. It's very tempting, to finally play as Roxas again. I don't really have the money though or the time to play video games. Looks like I'll be passing on this one until christmas. :(

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
i think i will have to pick this game up :)
X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts

Great news! I'm really psyched for this one. I didn't like the GBA version that much though (compared to the PS2 titles that is).... is it really different from that entry?

dirktu
It's way different from Chain of Memories. It's basically like having KH2 running on your DS for the most part. Anyways, I'm really enjoying the game so far. I don't even have any complaints about the camera, and I'm using type A controls.
Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

I picked this game up when it first came out, but I haven't played through KH2 or Chain of Memories, so I want to finish those before I start on the DS game. I'm really picky like that, as I have to play any prequels/sequels before I start on something else in the series, even if you don't need to play any previous games.

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

I beat it last Friday. It was a really good game, but It didn't really have much replay value. I do still have to go get Sora, though that's just going to be tedious.

baytown91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 baytown91
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts

I picked this game up when it first came out, but I haven't played through KH2 or Chain of Memories, so I want to finish those before I start on the DS game. I'm really picky like that, as I have to play any prequels/sequels before I start on something else in the series, even if you don't need to play any previous games.

Shidira

That never bugs me. I started with chain of memories on GBA, and I'd be willing to bet KH2 made more sense to me then my friends who skipped CoM.

I played them in this order:

KH CoM (GBA)

KH2

KH1

KH Days

I've been wondering what it would be like to play the games in the order that they occure in the KH universe.

KHBBS (when it comes out)

KH1

start KH Days

KH CoM and the part of KH Days that overlaps CoM

KH Days (the rest of it)

KH2

KH Coded (If it ever comes out in america. maybe I could watch it online)

by the time I finish all that KH( whatever's next) would be just around the corner.

rtpjazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rtpjazz
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts

OniStrat

I definently disagree completely. KH is the absolute best game on DS i have ever owned in my entire life.

Lukestar624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lukestar624
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts

Reserved it and got it the day it came out! I'm totally addicted. It's incredible! Graphics are mind blowing, gameplay is addictive. It far surpasses my expectations.

gman253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gman253
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

YES! Everyone says that Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is amazing. That is exactly what I wanted. Kingdom Hearts! Your next on the list!