Just got a great deal on a wii!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dudy80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dudy80
Member since 2004 • 1787 Posts

My sister decided to sell her wii but before she threw it on ebay she asked if i was intrested.

For 250 bucks i got a wii...

2 Controllers

Super Paper Mario

Super Mario Galaxy

i started getting into super mario galaxy just a bit ago and am loving it... Funny how mario games never get old... I been playing mario since the first one on the nes and i gotta say they always find a way to re-invent it. Im 19 and i still cant get ennough. I haven't started super paper mario at all yet but im sure it will be great. I loved the first one on the N64 and plan to buy that on the vc soon.

I ordered a composite cable and one of those wii lan connectors so i can run my wii in 480p and connect it online.

Going to grab a few other games in the next few weeks, any suggestions? Im looking at brawl and zelda tp...

Thanks!

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Brawl is really fun, but only with other people. And by other people, I mean in real life, not online. Brawl gets a little boring if you're only playing by yourself. And Twilight Princess is a really awesome game, but it feels a little easy if you've played other Legend of Zelda games before.
gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gonzales1
Member since 2003 • 2591 Posts

I ordered a composite cable and one of those wii lan connectors so i can run my wii in 480p and connect it online.dudy80

Ouch.....what you wanted were component cables....not composite....with composite cables you cannot go 480p.

dudy80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dudy80

[QUOTE="dudy80"]I ordered a composite cable and one of those wii lan connectors so i can run my wii in 480p and connect it online.gonzales1

Ouch.....what you wanted were component cables....not composite....with composite cables you cannot go 480p.

na, i ordered the right ones... just i always mix the names up. The ones with the red,green, and blue along with the right and left stereo channels is what i ordered.

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
Nice find man! Here's my suggestion:) if you've every enjoyed a Zelda game then buy Okami. The game is awesome and you should be able to get it at a bargain price.
trueanimefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 trueanimefan
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
Brawl is really fun, but only with other people. And by other people, I mean in real life, not online. Brawl gets a little boring if you're only playing by yourself. And Twilight Princess is a really awesome game, but it feels a little easy if you've played other Legend of Zelda games before.Chojuto
Well said!
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
Good find. But I found a much better deal. I got mine for free:lol::P.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chojuto

Good find. But I found a much better deal. I got mine for free:lol::P.GamerBoy53

Where? Don't tell me it was from one of those weird advertising sites that are all like "Get free Wii's blah blah blah" and then send out bots to advertise on forums.

dudy80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dudy80

[QUOTE="GamerBoy53"]Good find. But I found a much better deal. I got mine for free:lol::P.Chojuto

Where? Don't tell me it was from one of those weird advertising sites that are all like "Get free Wii's blah blah blah" and then send out bots to advertise on forums.

Lol... im guessing he got it as a gift... I cant complain... she let me have it early and i will pay her when i get paid thursday.:)

Funny thing is it just kinda happend and my copy of spores in the mail.... Im so hooked on SMG i dont know if i will even open the box!

Gonna go to sleep soon... got work today. (work the night shift)

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chojuto
lol yep, Super Mario Galaxy is a very fun game.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
Mm, I recently picked up a used Wii with Legend Of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mario Kart 64, and Double Dribble for $250.
Fatkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Fatkiwi
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

Deal of a lifetime.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Wow thats a brilliant deal! Go for games like SSBB, NMH, Okami etc
johnny41252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnny41252
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts

"Ouch.....what you wanted were component cables....not composite....with composite cables you cannot go 480p"

What kind of cables do the wii come with???

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
Sorry, but all "which game should I get?"-questions belong in the sticky topic. There are some great suggestions on page one and you can ask this question over there too.

Here you go: Wii Game Recommendation Thread -- ALL 'which game to get' questions HERE