just finished Zelda: Twilight Princess - my impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for wookieeassassin
wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wookieeassassin
Member since 2006 • 1678 Posts

I just finished Twilight Princess today. It took me about 55 hours to finish. First off, the game was really good.

This is the first Zelda game I have ever played and I really liked the mix between the puzzles and the combat a lot. Also, a lot of the characters had their own funny personalities.

There were only a few things I did not like about it. The beginning (the first 45-60 minutes) was really slow and felt more like a tutorial, although it was kinda fun. The parts where you played as a wolf were ok and some parts were fun, but for the most part finding the "bugs of darkness" was kind of let down. Also, mainly because I had such a hard time finding the stupid scarecrowish guy in the Sacred Grove, that part was not as fun as it could have been. Pretty much every part where you played as Link in human form was fun.

Since you were only in the twilight when you were getting the bugs I did not really like the twilight parts as much. They were ok, but I could see how someone would have gotten bored.

All the bosses and all the enemies were great. The puzzles were really interesting and fun as well. They really amde you think sometimes. The childish feel of the game got a tad old after awhile, but I can't complain as that is how (as I understand it) the series has always been. The palace of Twilight was pretty fun, but not as fun as dungeons and other places that were not in the Twilight. The colors in the twilight world kinda gave me a funky tired feeling when I was playin em for some reason..

So in conclusion, the game was fun, but they could have done a better job with the twilight parts and with Link on wolf form (not saying it was terrible, but could have been better)

Thoughts, your opinions?

StealYoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 StealYoFace
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
Yeah dude i thought the game was pretty good overall but the twilight parts really started to piss me off because it would usually take over an hour for me to find on them bugs
wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wookieeassassin
haha.. the bugs. I thought they could have done something cooler with saving the place from twilight.. better than killin bugs anyway..
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 suitmypants
Member since 2004 • 1015 Posts
I completly agree. I tookabout a two month hiatus from the game just because I got real bored during those parts. After I was able to switch in and out of the wolf form, I played the game straight through the end... even though some parts were still a bit boring, but it was just comforting to know you're a click away from becomming human Link again.
venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
true true .not much of an ending to the game either.You do all that work and get A crappy ending .I was so disapointed in the ending.
Eberq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Eberq
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts
If that is the only zelda game you have played I really recomend downloading ocarina of time from the vc. Based on your impressions I can't see any reason why you wouldn't like it the the gameplay is very much like twilight princess and it is a great game.
wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wookieeassassin

yeah, if they made the twilight parts better, and the beginning a bit more interesting I would have played it straight through. The parts where you are human Link are all good really. Sure I got bored/frustrated a couple times at the sacred grove, but because that stupid guy was so hard to find. Also, I got a tad bored at the beginning of snow peak and the temple of time, but that was just because I was not in the mood for games. I came back later and they were fun. Being able to switch from wolf form to human at a whim was actually really cool, I just wish they had done the parts during the twilight where you were only a wolf better.

They could have made wolf Link more interesting and fun to play as and also a better way to lift the twilight, like a mini dungeon or somethin.. I dunno. But wolf Link wasnt completely terrible, just the bug parts could get boring

roflcopter616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 roflcopter616
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts

Also, mainly because I had such a hard time finding the stupid scarecrowish guy in the Sacred Grove, that part was not as fun as it could have been.

wookieeassassin

Follow the music, was really easy. But you said you didn't play Ocarina of Time, so you never had to go through the lost woods...you prolly wouldn't know the trick.

-Dionysus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Dionysus-
Member since 2006 • 1276 Posts
I thought the bosses were lame in this Zelda and way too easy save the arbitor's grounds.
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
so far im 22 hours in and i think its great
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
boy, that sky temple. Just, wow. Took me a while. My favorite temple, but it enraged me a couple of times for sure
roflcopter616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 roflcopter616

boy, that sky temple. Just, wow. Took me a while. My favorite temple, but it enraged me a couple of times for sureGunSmith1_basic

The Sky Temple boss was my favorite in the whole game.

wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wookieeassassin
the bosses were easy.. but man were they AWESOME.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11995 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I think it looked very good, played well but Midna was a bit annoying and for some reason, I became bored after about 10 hours. I did beat it like 99.8% though, never finished Roll Goal.
MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#15 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts
what they should have done to make it even better is have the goblins like 300 of them on one side and then link, midna, and zelda on the other, and you charge into them and tr to kill them all... like a war
wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wookieeassassin
mangollamas.. I have no idea what you are talking about..
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
It's not my favorite Zelda game, but it's alright.
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
I was disapointed by the fighting in the game. It was just way too easy. Anyone else get bored in the Ganondorf fight?

I liked the puzzles and such, though. And the story was great. Not Oot, but still sucked me right in.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
boy, that sky temple. Just, wow. Took me a while. My favorite temple, but it enraged me a couple of times for sureGunSmith1_basic
double clawshot is by far the best new item in the game.
SoxsMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SoxsMafia
Member since 2006 • 208 Posts
Bosses where far to easy I hope metroid will change that...
TStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TStrike
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
Idk but you guys but i thought there was something missing in the storyline. You talked to Zelda only Three times, Gannon came only at the end. It didn't explain anything about the master sword, or Triforce which is a major thing in Zelda games. I thought the story was good but it wasnt a good Zelda story, sorry i can't explain it that well butdoes anyone know onwhat i'm saying. I probably shouldn't haveover hype it, likei didwith MP 2 echoes
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

The only problem I had was that it was too easy. I didn't die once, even on my run through without getting heart pieces.

And you said that it had a kiddy feel? You lost all credibility with that statement.

roflcopter616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 roflcopter616

Idk but you guys but i thought there was something missing in the storyline. You talked to Zelda only Three times, Gannon came only at the end. It didn't explain anything about the master sword, or Triforce which is a major thing in Zelda games. I thought the story was good but it wasnt a good Zelda story, sorry i can't explain it that well butdoes anyone know onwhat i'm saying. I probably shouldn't haveover hype it, likei didwith MP 2 echoesTStrike

I guess Majora's Mask was a completely different franchise?

AmazoLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 AmazoLK
Member since 2005 • 129 Posts
Like Majora's Mask, lots of people didn't like Twilight Princess very much. Why? Because they're dumb. Also like Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess is one of the greatest games ever made.
Avatar image for zeldaprincess12
zeldaprincess12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zeldaprincess12
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
we need help!! how can we get passed arbiters grounds we're stuck in the room where theres like a chandelier in the sand and i think theres no other way out!! help!!
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Yeah dude i thought the game was pretty good overall but the twilight parts really started to piss me off because it would usually take over an hour for me to find on them bugsStealYoFace
Good thing the next zelda game didn't have anything like that right? lol... The trials (not to mention note-finding) in SS were 100 times worse than the bug finding in TP.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

My fav was the snow mansion. It was just so flavorful and the yeti couple were awesome.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I think it looked very good, played well but Midna was a bit annoying and for some reason, I became bored after about 10 hours. I did beat it like 99.8% though, never finished Roll Goal.gatsbythepig
I disagree. Midna is my favourite ever henchmen in the zelda universe. Watching her relationship with link slowly change was great. She had so much personality to her...
Bosses where far to easy I hope metroid will change that...SoxsMafia
Why did you bring metroid into this? O.o On topic, I think it's my most loved zelda game. When I first played Skyward Sword I though it was amazing... But after the first two dungeons it slowly became more and more tideious with the constant puzzles. It was like one big dungeon. So, twilight princess remains the best (IMO).
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Except for the characters, I agree with you. Interactive characters weren't exactly plenty despite how huge Hyrule was and compared to the previous entries, felt bland. However, after replaying the game a few times, it grew on me, though I think its because I decided to play the game with just three hearts and no shield to compensate for the lacking difficulty. The challenge that came from doing that made the game so much enjoyable (Especially when fighting Dark nuts) and really forced me to play on guard through out the entire game....
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Why did you bring metroid into this? O.o simomate
This topic is 5 years old. He was probably talking about Metroid Prime 3 since it came out around that time....

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

[QUOTE="simomate"] Why did you bring metroid into this? O.o tocool340

This topic is 5 years old. He was probably talking about Metroid Prime 3 since it came out around that time....

Oh crap, I didn't realise this thread was necro posted.
we need help!! how can we get passed arbiters grounds we're stuck in the room where theres like a chandelier in the sand and i think theres no other way out!! help!!zeldaprincess12
Welcome to gamespot! Unfortunately this thread is from 2007 so it's quite old... And dead. Please do not revive old threads. As for your question, maybe you should look up a walk through? I haven't played the game in a while so I don't remember
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I love how old this thread is and how everyone is just continuing with the discussion as if it were a recent thread.

I'll may as well contribute.

TP is not my favorite Zelda game, but for some reason I finished the game from start to finish about 5 times now (all within 4 year-ish). I don't know why, I just pick it up and once I'm in the game, I'm there 'til the end. Even though it's not my favorite Zelda, I haven't done this with other Zelda game, so that must be saying something.

Great game anyway.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
I agree that the twilight parts were a little boring, on my first play I loved every minute of it though, I just loved exploring.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#34 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
Good game but I don't think it had a lot of high replay value
Selkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Selkc
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

ya i pulled this 1 out when i bought the wii u. im getting near the end and... it's great. quite similiar to orcania of time.. but bigger and better... the end bosses are so easy though... but is that even a negative? who says bosses need to be tough.. theyre just there to give you a heart container and to move you on out of the dungeon to the next

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#36 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Thread from the dead! :P
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I'm sick of ppl complaining about the wolf part.

I liked chasing the bugs.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

GreekGameManiac
Also, Midna is teh sexy.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

GreekGameManiac
Yeah. It was atmospheric and a nice change of pace.
mrgokugf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mrgokugf
Member since 2005 • 1788 Posts
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are just a little bit below Ocarina of Time in quality. Skyward Sword while having some very original ideas that push the franchise forward...was just too damn repetitive + Wii Motion Plus was bleh for me. Majora's Mask, Majora's Mask...may well be the best video game created alongside Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and Chrono Trigger. Oh ok and maybe Final Fantasy 6. edit: forgotz the original Metroid Prime...and A Link to the Past and Super Metroid bleh.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Idk but you guys but i thought there was something missing in the storyline. You talked to Zelda only Three times, Gannon came only at the end. It didn't explain anything about the master sword, or Triforce which is a major thing in Zelda games. I thought the story was good but it wasnt a good Zelda story, sorry i can't explain it that well butdoes anyone know onwhat i'm saying. I probably shouldn't haveover hype it, likei didwith MP 2 echoesTStrike

Thats how a Zelda game is supposed to be. It leaves everything to your imagination. Just like how in the original Zelda game on nes, you knew at the end you would have to fight some guy named Ganon but you never know who he is which makes finding him and finally meeting him even more cool and exciting.

The mystery behind the whole world is what makes it great.

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts
I'm 15 hours into this game and I thought it is an excellent game despite Gamespot review score. I really like the combat, the puzzles, the music, the admosphere.