I've got a simple question for you Wii owners.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 killings
Member since 2006 • 350 Posts
I'm getting a Wii in about an hour, and I was wondering if it needs a memory card.
I know, kind of a stupid question, but I'm not sure.
I just need to know, so I'll make sure I bring enough money. P:

Also, which game should I get. Twilight Princess or Super Paper Mario?
I'm leaning more twords Twilight Princess. I tried a sample of it yesterday and it was fun.

Thanks for reading.
blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

The wii has 512Mb of internal flash memory(right?) which is fine for your saved games and some VC downloads.  You don't need an SD card, so don't worry about it.  VC games can be removed from your system but as long as you have payed for them, you can redownload them at any time.

As for Paper mario or Zelda.  It always comes down to what your personal preferences are.  Zelda is a huge, epic adventure.  I gladly poured 100+ hours into it in novemeber and december.   So, what do you feel like?  A colourful, quirky, humorous platformer with rpg elements or a long, epic, artistic adventure game?  Anyway you look at it, a wii owner should try both of these games.

drunknmunky225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 drunknmunky225
Member since 2004 • 432 Posts
yeah you don't necessarily need to get a sd card, the wii has enough on it (for now anyway). As for the games I havn't played super paper mario yet thought it looks an exciting game to try, twilight princess is definately a brilliant game but one I jus couldn't get into easily personally. But yeah I'm sure either games would be great to go with your new Wii :D.
sammy_m20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 sammy_m20
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

You don't need an SD card, however i purchased one. Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario i happen to own both and they happen to be briliant games, it comes down to personal preference.

Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts
Let's just say save the money and not get a SD card right now.  You will probably eventually need it, but not right now.  Also, I would get Zelda, but I am a little biased.  Zelda will offer adventure up to 30-40 hours of a main quest and 70+ for additional side quests.  If you don't feel like that is for you, Super Paper Mario will give you about 18-20 hours, with about a total of 30+ hours for side quests after the game is beaten.  And suprising Super Paper Mario has a pretty good story to go with it, so you are not losing out in the story department for either of these games.  If you want a game that better utilizes the Wii mote and has an epic feel to it, get Zelda.  If you are into side scrolling with very little wii controller potential usage, and a big fan of mario, get Super Paper Mario. 
nely_nelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 nely_nelson
Member since 2005 • 1193 Posts
the wii dosnt even have its own memory card. you need a sd card wich is in most digital cameras. and it comes with like 2500 or something like that blocks in its hardrive and each game takes like 1 or 2 blocks.
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts
the wii dosnt even have its own memory card. you need a sd card wich is in most digital cameras.nely_nelson

True, and false. Doesn't come with an SD card, doesn't need an SD card. Saves into its flash memory.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#8 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
No. You will just need one if you download lots of VC games but I guess that will take a while. By now you don't need one.
GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 GanonBuRAP
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
I think it's a little bit hard to enjoy TP unless your a long time Zelda fan.  Without some classics in your gaming history like aLttP or OoT you might find TP very repetitive...as there is hardly any filler between dungeons.  Anyhow, like someone said earlier...personal preference.  IMO, zelda...but i didn't play super paper mario so my opinon isn't worth too much in this topic.
Lone_Wolf5860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lone_Wolf5860
Member since 2007 • 289 Posts

If you're going to be playing Gamecube games, you will need a Gamecube memory card and controller. If you're just playing Wii/VC games, then don't worry about it.

Also, get Zelda. Super Paper Mario is awesome, but Zelda takes priority!

fluffers623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 fluffers623
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts
only if ur downloading a lot of vc games
specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 specialed
Member since 2003 • 3669 Posts
If anyone doesnt know, Bestbuy is selling 2 gb mem cards for 5 bucks right now...So if you want extra storage for game saves, i thought that was a good buy.
Karjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Karjah
Member since 2006 • 1415 Posts

a card is NOT requried for anything.

Any game you buy off the virtual console can be redownloaded at any time for no extra cost.

specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 specialed
Member since 2003 • 3669 Posts

No. You will just need one if you download lots of VC games but I guess that will take a while. By now you don't need one.Pierst179

No, all you have to do is delete the ones you dont want to play at that time and then get the ones you want...The memory is tech in the server or wherever N stores it so you can download all the vc games and never need a sd card..Unless it is too much of a pain to do all hat deleting and reuploading.

killings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killings
Thanks for all the help!
I have my Wii now, and I bought a 1gb memory card just to be safe.
It wasn't too expensive anyway.

Oh, by the way, I got Twilight Princess. :D
GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GanonBuRAP
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

Thanks for all the help!
I have my Wii now, and I bought a 1gb memory card just to be safe.
It wasn't too expensive anyway.

Oh, by the way, I got Twilight Princess. :D
killings

very nice.  Have fun with your wii.  (LOL?)  TP should keep you busy for a good while :)

DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts
and SD card is a true waste of money, at least for now, and I would probably go with Twilight Princess...I spent so many wonderful hours with that game :) it's a must have
killings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 killings
:lol: Thanks, I will