• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moonlightway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 moonlightway
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
Mario Strikers got a 7.5? I thought it would have at least gotten an 8.0 :? EDIT: I know a 7.5 is a good score, I own even games that have gotten even worse scores andbive still enjoyed them. Sorry if it sounded like I was coming off the wrong way. ( I was kinda hyping it AA ) Kay?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
got an 8.3 on IGN, 5/5 on Gamepro.com
Ecezdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ecezdawg
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
Well the user reviews were a little more forgiving, albeit I'd rather trust a critic than a mix of different people.
SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts
Well this is gamespot I mean what do you expect
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Well to be fair the guys at IGN, if you read a lot of their stuff, they come across as pretty big fan boys of the Wii, where as GameSpot seems a little less unbiased.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Well this is gamespot I mean what do you expectSonicBalla

I've had the game two months and its a damn fine accurate review.

thatsit89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thatsit89
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Well to be fair the guys at IGN, if you read a lot of their stuff, they come across as pretty big fan boys of the Wii, where as GameSpot seems a little less unbiased.TheLordMagnus

You mean biased?

kneppi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kneppi88
Member since 2007 • 1303 Posts

Well this is gamespot I mean what do you expectSonicBalla

Your right. They always seem to give lower scores than any other site. It's like they're just trying to be different than everyone else.

Avatar image for NintendoWarrior
NintendoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 NintendoWarrior
Member since 2004 • 1236 Posts
Well to be fair the guys at IGN, if you read a lot of their stuff, they come across as pretty big fan boys of the Wii, where as GameSpot seems a little less unbiased.TheLordMagnus
well, it could be the other way around... and I cant say for sure cuz I dont have the game yet, but according to the other reviews (critics and users), it seems as if they underrated it.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

WHAT!!?? 7.5???? Looks like GS word is the final and only word on the game. It MUST be 7.5 quality then :roll:

I think it's better than 7.5 as long as you have a good internet connection. If you do, it's almost 8.5.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
7.5 seems like a respectable score, alot of good games have gotten around that level.
SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SonicBalla

[QUOTE="SonicBalla"]Well this is gamespot I mean what do you expecttomarlyn

I've had the game two months and its a damn fine accurate review.

i don't care if that's what you think gamespot gives too low scores to wii games despite that being a 7.5.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab4211b0de1f
deactivated-5ab4211b0de1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#13 deactivated-5ab4211b0de1f
Member since 2005 • 3448 Posts

gamespot= Anti-Nintendo. Like always giving low score.

SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SonicBalla

jenrard

exactly I mean now that gamespot got one of the 2 things they always love in a game (online) and it got a 7.5 just imagine if it didn't have online.

evilhydra2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 evilhydra2003
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts

Its so annoying when people see something like 7.5 and think "zomg low score" thats not a low score, something below 5 would be a low score, (Though im not saying like 5 and 6 would be a good score) but 7.5 is above average and closer to the 8 side of things. Plus if you like the game anyhow it doesn't matter.

Hadoken_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hadoken_Kid
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts
this is from the same people that gave melee less then stellar score too.
-Dionysus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Dionysus-
Member since 2006 • 1276 Posts
The reason I hate going by these reviews is Alex N reviewed it, and only played it for 3 days, and now everyone will swear by his review
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

WHAT!!?? 7.5???? Looks like GS word is the final and only word on the game. It MUST be 7.5 quality then :roll:

I think it's better than 7.5 as long as you have a good internet connection. If you do, it's almost 8.5.

Optusnet

Lol the dude on the right of your sig is the dude who rated it on ign

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
[QUOTE="jenrard"]

SonicBalla

exactly I mean now that gamespot got one of the 2 things they always love in a game (online) and it got a 7.5 just imagine if it didn't have online.

Did you even read the review? It gave alot of valid points, and you can't say that Gamespot is biased towards one thing or another. They have given some Nintendo games a score alot higher than they deserve, and they have given games lower than they deserve, but most of the time, their review's are fairly accurate and match up with other sites.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="jenrard"]

SonicBalla

Then it would be very weak all-round. The offline isn't special at all, online is pretty much it. Have you played it??

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Well the user reviews were a little more forgiving, albeit I'd rather trust a critic than a mix of different people.Ecezdawg

You know that they are they same thing right? Only dif is that ones doing ti for money and ones not. Like I say a ctirics opinion is the same as everyone else opinions. Nothing makes them more special. As long as the review is understandible.

solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#22 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
I find it strange that Alex reviewed the game because his first time playing it was on On the Spot.
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

seeing stuff like this just pisses me off. Its a 7.5. Still a good game, there are just a few things wrong with it. Grow Up.

everytime something Nintendo gets Under a 9 everyone claims "ZOMG GAMESPOT HATES NINTENDO"

1. Why the F*** do you care about someone elses opinion?

2. That is extremely Ignorant to say.

Melee doesnt Deserve a 9. The Single Player is repetitive, the Multiplayer while Fantastic isnt anywhere near flawless. Just because people play it like slaves to the grind doesn't mean that it deserves a certain score. Frankly i don't like melee because it just gets old after an hour or so. But hell to each his own.

Quit Complaining and play your god damn Wii like nintendo wants you to.

Ecezdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ecezdawg

You know that they are they same thing right? Only dif is that ones doing ti for money and ones not. Like I say a ctirics opinion is the same as everyone else opinions. Nothing makes them more special. As long as the review is understandible.

finalfantasy94

A lot of the times the reviews made by people who don't do it for money are one sided, are made just to bring the score down, or made by a person who didn't play the game but want to give it a good score because all the hype's good. A critic has played the game and I would trust them the most over most other reviews.

JMart0492

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 JMart0492
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
What's the problem with a 7.5!? That's a good. What's the problem with a good game. Yes, maybe GS has been a little unfair with it's Wii reviews but I think some of us are getting a little carried away here.
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ryustruck

Id like to point out that the Metacritic Score for Strikers Charged is 79.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/mariostrikerscharged

and Gamerankings has it at 78%

http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/935184.asp

not much different from Gamespot's review of 7.5. HMM

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

Ecezdawg

A lot of the times the reviews made by people who don't do it for money are one sided, are made just to bring the score down, or made by a person who didn't play the game but want to give it a good score because all the hype's good. A critic has played the game and I would trust them the most over most other reviews.

If you think about it whos to say some "critics" arent one sided some times? Hey it could happen everyone is human. Also I wasint really counting the player reviews that are like OMGIUGDFKL THIS GAME ROCKS!!! or SKJLDFHBLKJSDF THIS GAME SUCKS DONT BUY IT MARIO IS KIDDY!!! Like I said if its understandble meaning a smart review then its no dif from a "professionals" review.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
The game is great and worth owning. 7.5 is a score i'd probably agree with. The game is nothing groundbreakingly fantastic, or super duper. But it's alot of fun. If you're put off buying it now, that's your loss.
batman_l33t3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 batman_l33t3r
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts

isnt that good though? MOST people who have a wii are fanboys, and a fanboy reviewing is a accuratescore for most of us

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 finalfantasy94

Proboly its because they enjoy the game more. Like I said its all opinions.

MasterSwordXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 MasterSwordXXX
Member since 2007 • 943 Posts

Optusnet

HAHAHAHAHH to your sig, and I completley agree with you. It is really a underated game and its fantastic!

coreyfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 coreyfinn
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Typical...Now, this is coming from somebody who doesn't have the game, but I know that Gamespot is totally biased towards the 360 and PS3. Wii games always seem to get bad reviews.

I posted a topic that said Gamespot boycott for Wii games but i totally got bashed for it...can't wait till Metriod 3 and Mario Galaxy come out so they can give those games a 7.5 or an 8.

DARKJAKE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DARKJAKE13
Member since 2005 • 131 Posts
I played a demo of Charged. It is beyond 7.5. At least a 9 in my book.
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ryustruck

why because you would give Strikers a 10 right?

(to coreyfinn) seriously you people are so arrogant its not funny.

nimblemiix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nimblemiix
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

Gamespot's oppinion= weaksauce

/thread

Fuuuuureakkkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Fuuuuureakkkk
Member since 2005 • 584 Posts
all the guys at gamespot prolly have been playing games since the nes and just maybe a couple since the 2600 so they are more experienced gamers and demand quite a bit.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
You guys would only be happy is every game got a ten.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ab4211b0de1f
deactivated-5ab4211b0de1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#38 deactivated-5ab4211b0de1f
Member since 2005 • 3448 Posts
[QUOTE="SonicBalla"][QUOTE="jenrard"]

tomarlyn

Then it would be very weak all-round. The offline isn't special at all, online is pretty much it. Have you played it??

I did play it. I agree 100% with IGN.

moonlightway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 moonlightway
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
I never said anything about a 7.5 being a bad score. I've owned games that have gotten lower scores than this, and I've enjoyed them still. Sorry if I seemed that it souned like a bad score. It's just that I thought it would be higher.( I was hyping it to myself) Okay?
Citan76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Citan76
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
A 7.5 is a good score for a game. The gamespot people have been doing this for awhile, they know what they are doing. Also, like Jeff has stated before, the reviews aren't supposed to be the end all factor on whether or not you'll think you will like the game. The reviews are basically telling you whether or not this is worth you purchasing, a 7.5 means yes this game is probably worth it, especially if you like these kinds of games.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

Thats sort of true, IGN's Nintendo team are obviously big Nintendo fans, however over here on GS you seem to have just as many Nintendo "dislikers" reviewing games. The faults they gave the game really didnt merit the score, but whatever this is the main reason why reviews dont mean anything to me.

SwigGY12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 SwigGY12
Member since 2004 • 6974 Posts
You people have to understand. Gamespot doesn't give a 9.0 for a pretty good game. And most of you haven't even played it as much as them (North American's). Just take it for what it is, 7.5 is a good score for a good game.
Fuuuuureakkkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Fuuuuureakkkk
Member since 2005 • 584 Posts

You people have to understand. Gamespot doesn't give a 9.0 for a pretty good game. And most of you haven't even played it as much as them (North American's). Just take it for what it is, 7.5 is a good score for a good game. SwigGY12

agreed

finalflame_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#44 finalflame_04
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts

personally i think that gamespot prefer maturer games,,like resident evil or role playing games more than anything else i think they dont really like many of the old mario games and don't treat any of them with much respect

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

all the guys at gamespot prolly have been playing games since the nes and just maybe a couple since the 2600 so they are more experienced gamers and demand quite a bit.Fuuuuureakkkk

Thanks mate 8) I can call myself an experienced gamer since I've played video games since the atari 2600 and nes.

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
I thought from the other sites like IGN that this game would atleast get a 8 to 8.5 Im picking this up tmr and Ill see for myself if it's a 7.5 game :(
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
surprise surprise
LProjektST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LProjektST
Member since 2005 • 1055 Posts
Again, Gamespot really isnt the best place for Wii reviews...they're idiots.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#49 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
gamespot isn't exactly the end all be all of game review sites..although i did expect it to score higher. you shouldn't go on only GS's openion, though. they've posted plenty of reviews that were just flat out wrong imo.
Ecezdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ecezdawg

If you think about it whos to say some "critics" arent one sided some times? Hey it could happen everyone is human. Also I wasint really counting the player reviews that are like OMGIUGDFKL THIS GAME ROCKS!!! or SKJLDFHBLKJSDF THIS GAME SUCKS DONT BUY IT MARIO IS KIDDY!!! Like I said if its understandble meaning a smart review then its no dif from a "professionals" review.

finalfantasy94

Critics are at least slightly more trustworthy than normal non-paid users. If you don't agree that's not my business, but if I think a critic's review is more trustworthy then you don't critisize it, it's an opinion.