Is the life of the DS winding down?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

The DS seems to be in a big drought. Zelda was the last game I bought for it, and there hasn't been much since or much on the horizon as far as quality games go. I know there have been Final Fantasy, Layton, and a few other good releases in the last couple months, but where are the 1st party games the system relies on? I know Guitar Hero is coming soon, but where the announcement for the big first party titles?

The could do another Mario Kart, SSB, Mario Golf, NSMB2, or something else. Is anyone else feeling like good games on the DS are becoming slim in the future? Does this point to Nintendo slowly phasing out the system to release something else in a year or two? When are we going to have something to look forward to?

SharinganEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SharinganEye
Member since 2004 • 3605 Posts

Of course, but doomsday is near and approaching. It's only one of the best-selling console/cashcow Nintendo has right now.

But lo! 'Tis but a lull in the galestorm of Nintendo-goodness to be approaching, arr.

And ho! Fear not doubtful one, if Nintendo knows one thing, it's to take their time.

BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BurnoutAddict
Member since 2006 • 1373 Posts
1 Pokemon game = Psssssssssssshh, no!
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts

You know E3 hasn't happened yet, right? Wait til then for big announcements. I'm sure they'll blow us away.

And it's still selling like hotcakes (assuming hotcakes sell well) and there are always great games to get for it.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
hmmmm no its selling like crazy
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xfactor19990

You know E3 hasn't happened yet, right? Wait til then for big announcements. I'm sure they'll blow us away.

And it's still selling like hotcakes (assuming hotcakes sell well) and there are always great games to get for it.

bluezy

do you mean with new games, or do you mean new system?

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
[QUOTE="bluezy"]You know E3 hasn't happened yet, right? Wait til then for big announcements. I'm sure they'll blow us away.

And it's still selling like hotcakes (assuming hotcakes sell well) and there are always great games to get for it.xfactor19990

New games. They wouldn't announce something new when they sell millions of DS units every month still. That's stupid, something Nintendo isn't.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

What do you mean by 1st party? Like games made by Nintendo themselves?

I'll have to disargee with you, I feel there will be plenty of games that are soon to be coming out. In fact, I have a list of about 9-15 games that aren't even out yet that I want. That's not also including the games that are ready out that I can pick up. Though you may not be satisfied at the quality products that are bound to come, all I can say is, I am and I'm sure plenty of others have found something they want when it is finally released.

vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 vickersfan
Member since 2005 • 895 Posts
yeeeaa...NO. no way. the potential is still too great. especially when they give us N64 ports w0Ot!
nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

People need to stop posting these stupid threads.Minishdriveby

Maybe you just need to stop posting all together if you're not going to offer anything constructive to the topic. Honestly, no one is telling you to read this topic.

Anyway, can't people agree that ther is no announced big game on the horizon right now- especially a Nintendo published game? I know the DS has a huge back catalog and a plethora of good games though. Hopefully we will get a big announcement at E3. Thanks for all the input (except for the poster I just quoted of course).

Tokyo512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tokyo512
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts
More great games are on its way. Just be patient.
Vazere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Vazere
Member since 2006 • 528 Posts
Stop worrying about the future and just enjoy the games as they come.
Wegank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wegank
Member since 2006 • 1295 Posts

Arknoid, Lego Indy & Batman, Grid, Destroy all humans (I think it's comming to DS) Sim City 2, Kingdom Hearts, hopefully follow ups to Mario, Zelda, & Ninja Gaiden as well. With E3 comming & the holiday season I remain hopefull, and I'm very picky about what I buy since I own most of the consoles and need to choose wisely. There are alot of "filler games" but the one's I named should raise some interest.

kingkui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingkui
Member since 2008 • 883 Posts
If the last game you bought was Zelda than just blame yourself. There has been a lot of new games that came out that are doing very well.
Sorreltail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sorreltail
Member since 2008 • 293 Posts
I hope there will be some more good games out soon.
Recharger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Recharger
Member since 2003 • 88 Posts
I really don't think so with the new releases such as Final Fantasy CC and Ninja Giaden Ds. And there are many great games on the horizon such as the World Ends with You and Dragon Quest 9. Then the life of the systen is winding down it will be when nintendo shows us their next generation handheld.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
The Spring and Summer normally aren't such great times for videogame releases. I really wish publishers would get over this.
especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts
there hasn't been an f-zero yet. i'm still waiting for that. and fire emblem ds is still to come, but its been announced and all so i can genuinely look forward to playing that.
lfclee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 lfclee
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts

i think they will bring out a different style of game where you draw your world or something so as to make it better for now until they can bring out an add on to improve it.

it could just be easier to bring out a ds2 and make it more like the psp but with a touch screen and newer games and better graphics.

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
I think the DS has a couple more years left in its life cycle. While there are some games coming out soon I'm still crossing my fingers that there will be a Donkey Kong DS game before all is said and done.
Santhin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Santhin
Member since 2003 • 114 Posts
The only thing that will kill the DS is the release of the next Nintendo handheld. It's really as simple as that.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Are you kidding? This is going to be the DS's biggest year yet. Theres a Disgaea, Valkyrie profile, Fire Emblem, FFTA2, Summon Knights, Dragon Quest IX, etc....Big, big, year.

Yoshi_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Yoshi_Kirby
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
I think the lack of first party games lately is because Square Enix has such a packed line-up for this year. Look at the post above me: almost all of those upcoming games are coming from SE. Nintendo doesn't want to compete with them.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]People need to stop posting these stupid threads.nakasa5

Maybe you just need to stop posting all together if you're not going to offer anything constructive to the topic. Honestly, no one is telling you to read this topic.

Anyway, can't people agree that ther is no announced big game on the horizon right now- especially a Nintendo published game? I know the DS has a huge back catalog and a plethora of good games though. Hopefully we will get a big announcement at E3. Thanks for all the input (except for the poster I just quoted of course).

I've made constuctive posts in the last 3 threads that are exactly like this. You could read those if you want. I'm just so tired of this board being littered by all of these threads. First off Nintendo has already said that they have really no plan and that they are going to break the 5 year release new hardware cycle because of the DS, so no it's not winding down was that constructive enough????

earthmonkeyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 earthmonkeyyy
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
Unless you're rich, you can't afford all the games worth playing on the DS.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Unless you're rich, you can't afford all the games worth playing on the DS.earthmonkeyyy

exactly.

TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#28 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts

Really ?? You think the life of the DS is whining down ?? Well , looks like I'm the exact opposite . I still have loads of great games that I want to play ( about 10-15 ) but I'm still not done with the games I have right now . And besides , the future of the DS is , if anything , looking awesome. We're definately gonna see a new Metroid game , a sequel to Phantom Hourglass , Ninja Gaiden , and so many other awesome games coming .

DS life whining down ?? pfft yeah BS ...

Avatar image for ww2gamereviewer
ww2gamereviewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 ww2gamereviewer
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

i thnk it will b dead soon. Lsdt game i bought was Advanced Wars Days of Ruin. Its ok, but i think that is they make a ds2, it should have better grahpiics

I1yodsyo1I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 I1yodsyo1I
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
2008 is going to be a looooooooong year :(
mac906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mac906
Member since 2005 • 22536 Posts
Don't worry, it's getting close to summer. I'm sure plenty of great new DS games will be announced soon. =)
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xfactor19990
[QUOTE="xfactor19990"][QUOTE="bluezy"]You know E3 hasn't happened yet, right? Wait til then for big announcements. I'm sure they'll blow us away.

And it's still selling like hotcakes (assuming hotcakes sell well) and there are always great games to get for it.bluezy

New games. They wouldn't announce something new when they sell millions of DS units every month still. That's stupid, something Nintendo isn't.

ya i know thats why i was like what??!?!?!

Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
It is hardly winding down. Maybe u need a new handheld! Not being phased out. Look to the future!
DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts
Since Zelda's release, I've enjoyed my time with Phonix Wright: Trials & Tribulations, Appolo Justice, Professor Layton, and Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword. The quality games never seem to stop, so I don't seem to have your problem.
foreversai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 foreversai
Member since 2004 • 1801 Posts

Rings of Fate is pretty fun, especially since i enjoyed Diablo, i enjoyed playing this with my friends.
Ninja Gaiden is also pretty fun, and i love how flashy it looks xD
Still waiting for F-Zero though.... Hope we get some news on it quick...

fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#36 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
i agree that the DS is in a drought. the last game i got for it was FF12: Revenant Wings (i must admit that it is pretty awesome) and my interest in the Zelda franchise is waning, so i didn't pick that up. the next game i'm planning on getting for the DS is either The World Ends With You or Final Fantasy Tactics A2. then DQ9 when that eventually comes out. come to think of it, it seems as if the DS is getting by on Square Enix's games these days, not Nintendo's.