is nintendo even trying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
I'm I the only 1 that feels that nintendo is not making big attempts at there games so far? 

Just look at the games and honestly tell me if they could;nt pass off as gamecube games other then the controller nothing real has happened yet.

Sometimes I feel like selling my wii to ebgames because the only reason I bought it was for TP and thats even for gc 2 even though it was way more fun on wii:P.I'm not hating on nintendo or anything I like paper mario games and stuff but these games are not even using the wii full potental remember that the wii is said to be 3x more powerful then the gc.When is the nintendo gonna start sing the wii's potental we can already see that xbox360 and ps3 games have started to just more of the systems power. just compare there lauch games to their current and future titles for wii nothing really changing.

ps.Don't say anything about the controller I know GC does'nt have the motion sensor and I own a ps3 and wii i'm not trying to making any comparsions or anything on them.
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts
u gotta realize that for 1, it's only been a few months and most of the games that have come out were started when Wii was still being worked on. and for 2, the main focus of the game makers for these first batches of games was the controller because it hadn't been done and they had to get used to including that in their games and getting it to work right. It'll probably be another month or 2 at least before we see any use of the Wii's increased power. just give it time and we'll see games that look like next-gen.
timinator18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 timinator18
Member since 2004 • 1559 Posts
sell it if u want, but u may regret it when mario galaxy, metroid prime 3 and smash bros come.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kemar7856
lol ok I might not sell my wii so fast then metroid and smash (if the online play)might be good
LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
The first year of the XBOX360 was a joke every few good titlesnow its a huge success this happens all the time when a new console comes out the first 6 months are so the developers are still getting used to working with the new hardware. Give it time int he meanwhile rent some wii titles you dont need to spend 50 bucks on every game and like you have a wii so use the VC its amazing how many fun titles are out for it. Just like chill.
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
Heck...while we're talking about games making full use of the Wii's graphical power....  Developers still need to make games that make full use of the motion sensing--you know--the Wii's bread and butter!  Most of the games released just have tact on controls that are not intuitive and are not as responsive as they should be.  Heck...they haven't even gotten it right with FPS controls as of yet--which we all thought would be perfect for the Wii.  The Wii developers still have a ways to go.  I mean even if they made more games with awesome graphics...bad controls can ruin the experience.  Imagine if all the the FPS released so far (on the Wii) had excellent graphics....  They would still suck because of the controls.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kemar7856
all the high 3d games they released so far has been crap in fps metal of honor,call of duty,exitebike (looks like a n64 game btw),expect zelda.The kiddie games are only good when girls come over they love the wii
BET8390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BET8390
Member since 2006 • 4193 Posts
lol ok I might not sell my wii so fast then metroid and smash (if the online play)might be goodkemar7856
      MIGHT??? SMASH AND METROID ARE ALWAYS GREAT!
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kemar7856
true
guyguyguy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#10 guyguyguy1234
Member since 2004 • 968 Posts
super smash and metroid are taking extremely long to come out.. that must mean theyll be good.
supermargie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 supermargie
Member since 2006 • 255 Posts
sell it if u want, but u may regret it when mario galaxy, metroid prime 3 and smash bros come.timinator18
smash bros alone is worth keeping a wii.
evil_tormentor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 evil_tormentor
Member since 2003 • 391 Posts
all the high 3d games they released so far has been crap in fps metal of honor,call of duty,exitebike (looks like a n64 game btw),expect zelda.The kiddie games are only good when girls come over they love the wii kemar7856
LOL if N64 could pull off Excite Truck we wouldn't need the NGC/PS2/XBOX generation. Id still be playing my N64 (mind u i still do, but only for the nostalgia w/ friends, and laugh at the grafx)
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
ahh:? sonic and the secret rings has fun gameplay and good graphics:D
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kemar7856
i never played sonic ye.....i played the ps3 I hope the wii 1 is alot better
Mystic_Gohan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Mystic_Gohan-
Member since 2003 • 53 Posts

man this is so funny you comparing all this stuff for next gen, nintendo above all else made the new controller and they knew it would be a hit. As soon as it was seen to the world you are so pathetic needing games so fast every single generation of consols that come out have the exact same problem, they get one game out that hooks gamers in and than they develop with extreme caution so that they may continue to get good gamers in. its amazing to see these posts sometimes i only own like 3 games and thats all i need for now because I know for damn sure nintendo is gonna rock the next gen world with smash bros, mario galaxy, and my fav of all time next to zelda metroid corruption. even more impressive is I have had my wii since launch paid a lil extra to get it but i had to have it since i have never seen a wii in stores i couldn't even for crazy sakes get a controler thats how ridiculous it was trust me this system is gonna fly as soon as 2 or so months pass. graphics may not be the best as of now but damnnn did nintendo hit the mark on their inovation its just the programmers can't keep up they have no idea what to do soon as they do its game over nintendo wins simple as that.

kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kazekage1234
its much much better:D but it could have a little better storyline but i love the gameplay the graphics and the controls:D
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kemar7856
man Mystic_Gohan- why did u have 2 write so much...:shock: 
Mystic_Gohan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mystic_Gohan-
lol more to prove a point but i guess once i started typing it all came out
Maato_Nyuhaato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Maato_Nyuhaato
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Just chillax. Its new hardware.
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kazekage1234
8)
Mr_Doodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mr_Doodle
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts
Just look at the DS. If we based the success of that system on the first few months it was out, it wouldn't even be worth salvaging. However, we gave it almost a year, then it really started packing the heat on great games. At the rate the Wii's going, we shouldn't have to wait too much longer. It just takes patience.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kemar7856
with the Ds I knew exactly what was expected n64 with touch screen with made the games fun mario 64 ds was pretty much a summery of the system
mil-key-lik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mil-key-lik
Member since 2005 • 867 Posts

I'm I the only 1 that feels that nintendo is not making big attempts at there games so far? 

Just look at the games and honestly tell me if they could;nt pass off as gamecube games other then the controller nothing real has happened yet.

Sometimes I feel like selling my wii to ebgames because the only reason I bought it was for TP and thats even for gc 2 even though it was way more fun on wii:P.I'm not hating on nintendo or anything I like paper mario games and stuff but these games are not even using the wii full potental remember that the wii is said to be 3x more powerful then the gc.When is the nintendo gonna start sing the wii's potental we can already see that xbox360 and ps3 games have started to just more of the systems power. just compare there lauch games to their current and future titles for wii nothing really changing.

ps.Don't say anything about the controller I know GC does'nt have the motion sensor and I own a ps3 and wii i'm not trying to making any comparsions or anything on them.
kemar7856

Lol, this guy just outted himself!  The controls are too hard for Kemar because he sucks at the controls, i would woop his ass in Red Steel!  He also outed himself by having Perfect Dark as his avatar, MICROSOFT FANNYBOY!  Kemar, you best not be a Sony fan boy or i will have to puke on you.

reidwii1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 reidwii1
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
u gotta realize that for 1, it's only been a few months and most of the games that have come out were started when Wii was still being worked on. and for 2, the main focus of the game makers for these first batches of games was the controller because it hadn't been done and they had to get used to including that in their games and getting it to work right. It'll probably be another month or 2 at least before we see any use of the Wii's increased power. just give it time and we'll see games that look like next-gen.Psy236
i completely agree
Mystic_Gohan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mystic_Gohan-
lol man ds is nothing look at how fast wii flew off the shelvs it still is almost unfindable like wow i have never seen a console fly that quickly or adpated that fast before
reidwii1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 reidwii1
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
ahh:? sonic and the secret rings has fun gameplay and good graphics:Dkazekage1234
the graphics are good
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kemar7856
PD was for n64 that counts lol...dont get ur panties in a knot I never said the controls wore hard mil-key-lik red steel sucked anyways
Avatar image for KingandCitizens
KingandCitizens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 KingandCitizens
Member since 2006 • 173 Posts
[QUOTE="kemar7856"]all the high 3d games they released so far has been crap in fps metal of honor,call of duty,exitebike (looks like a n64 game btw),expect zelda.The kiddie games are only good when girls come over they love the wii evil_tormentor
LOL if N64 could pull off Excite Truck we wouldn't need the NGC/PS2/XBOX generation. Id still be playing my N64 (mind u i still do, but only for the nostalgia w/ friends, and laugh at the grafx)

Who plays a game, and finds the bad graphics so funny that they invite their friends to watch?
Mystic_Gohan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mystic_Gohan-
hahaha inviting friends over to make fun of a game never gets old its always a good time
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kemar7856
Play micheal jackson moonwalker and not laugh the game is so wrong he saves kids!
CLeRKSfan4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31 CLeRKSfan4life
Member since 2004 • 2606 Posts
[QUOTE="evil_tormentor"][QUOTE="kemar7856"]all the high 3d games they released so far has been crap in fps metal of honor,call of duty,exitebike (looks like a n64 game btw),expect zelda.The kiddie games are only good when girls come over they love the wii KingandCitizens

Who plays a game, and finds the bad graphics so funny that they invite their friends to watch?

:lol:
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kazekage1234
what!:shock: iv got ta get that game lol
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kazekage1234
:lol:
Mr_Doodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr_Doodle
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

lol man ds is nothing look at how fast wii flew off the shelvs it still is almost unfindable like wow i have never seen a console fly that quickly or adpated that fast beforeMystic_Gohan-

Which is even more of a reason not to worry about the Wii's near future in games.

sebtko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 sebtko
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
sorry to let u know but u doing buy a FPS game for nintendo get it for pc or ps3  nintendo graphics are the same as game cube but game play is alot better !!! so dont expect there to be any better games then there were on the game cube other then the game play to be alot better
sebtko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 sebtko
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
ill buy ur wii off u lol 150$ if u want
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kemar7856
sorry to let u know but u doing buy a FPS game for nintendo get it for pc or ps3  nintendo graphics are the same as game cube but game play is alot better !!! so dont expect there to be any better games then there were on the game cube other then the game play to be alot better sebtko
see he get it
Mystic_Gohan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mystic_Gohan-
lol its so sad to see complaints about graphics on the wii when everyone knows damn well they are still working out the bugs the main thing on hand is trying to bust out the new gameplay modes which by far rock... as for new games in the future just gota wait and see nintendo is always known to get into it later
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

sorry to let u know but u doing buy a FPS game for nintendo get it for pc or ps3  nintendo graphics are the same as game cube but game play is alot better !!! so dont expect there to be any better games then there were on the game cube other then the game play to be alot better sebtko

Super Mario Galaxy will probably disagree on you as for the graphics.

I would take with pleasure your Wii if you sell it.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

The lack of games complains are really pathetic. Go finish your games before you're buying more games.

All people who are complaining want more FPS and online games. If Wii had like 3x more FPS than the 360, people here would not complain. The 360 already saturated the market of the FPS like the PS2 saturated the market of the RPG.

CreepyNerd90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CreepyNerd90
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
Super Paper Mario is gonna to be great.....Brawl's gonna be great....Galaxy's is gonna be great....MP3's gonna be great...good games take time to complete. Patience. If you can't wait more than 3 months after the console launch for a 2nd GREAT first party game, don't know what to tell ya
Mystic_Gohan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mystic_Gohan-
well for me best part of waiting is once the games actually do get released i will have plenty of time to play them between work and slacking off since school will finally be done for me the best games come at the best time will definatly rock so many amazing releases coming soon
YoshiPeppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 YoshiPeppy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Does anyone think that the system has potential to produce graphics much greater than the GC?  I don't own a wii yet but i have been thinking of getting one.  I was sure i wanted a wii until I heard the comparisons to the GC which I already have.

Don't get me wrong i'm a big fan of Nintendo and prefer them to the others but I have been wondering would Sony and microsoft not be able to produce similar controllers for PS3 and 360 or are there legal/technical issues?  taking away the wii's edge and leaving it just with poor graphics and nothing special.

Mystic_Gohan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mystic_Gohan-

YoshiPeppy Wrote:
Does anyone think that the system has potential to produce graphics much greater than the GC? I don't own a wii yet but i have been thinking of getting one. I was sure i wanted a wii until I heard the comparisons to the GC which I already have. Don't get me wrong i'm a big fan of Nintendo and prefer them to the others but I have been wondering would Sony and microsoft not be able to produce similar controllers for PS3 and 360 or are there legal/technical issues? taking away the wii's edge and leaving it just with poor graphics and nothing special.

don't forget how long it took for nintendo to make something like this and yes the ps3 has tried to mimic this capability and failed very very misserably and as much as people complain about wii graphics it is only because right now they are working on making the controler and sensors pick up the actions first as soon as that has come to grips they will work on improving the graphics. the basic thing here is what you want nobody can really tell you what to do

fisher289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fisher289
Member since 2003 • 332 Posts

ok let me start off by saying I love my wii

but if all they were going to do is worry about the controls couldnt they have just sold it as a gamecube attachment? Because you need the motion sensing addapter anyways.. 

Mystic_Gohan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mystic_Gohan-
hahaha like i said all they want is to perfect controls as soon as they have that down graphics are next gameplay >>>> graphics always and wiis sales have shown it setting abolute records