This topic is locked from further discussion.

joshsta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 joshsta7
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts
Its got an orange light, which used to be red. It also feels like its getting hot when it has the orange light. How do you turn off your Wii?
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
The orange light means you have WiiConnect24 on. The heat you feel is from the Wii using wifi. If you want to you can go to the Wii settings and change it so WiiConnect24 is off.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#3 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Don't worry it is off....the orange light is nothing special, if you un-plug the wii from the wall and then plug it back in the light will be red again until you turn your Wii back on...

I think the orange light was part of an update; maybe the internet or something, I'm not sure

but don't worry your system is fine

weak-sauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 weak-sauce
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
It looks more yellowish to me. Anyway I think it is for the internet because once I connected it started to be yellowish all the time.
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts
its for Wii Connect 24. you can turn it off in Wii settings, under the Wiiconnect24 tab.
pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Yes the system is off. However the reason your system is hot is because that you got wiiconnect24 running. You could turn it off in settings.
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
The orange light means you have WiiConnect24 on. The heat you feel is from the Wii using wifi. If you want to you can go to the Wii settings and change it so WiiConnect24 is off.bededog
theICE_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 theICE_MAN
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts
It is NOT off. Dont listen to these people. Off means that its not doing anything because its.. well.. off. Your Wii is in standby. Its in the manual that comes with the Wii. While the Wii is in standby Wiiconnect24 will be active so you can receive wiimail and whatnot.
kronovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kronovan
Member since 2004 • 351 Posts

As others have said, the power indicator is orange because Wiiconnect24 is enabled. What others haven't said is that you should definitely disable it because there's been some reports of the Wii GPU failing because of the overheating. The only disadvantage of it not being enabled is that you can't use the News or Weather channel. However, it's very easy to temporarily enable it for their use and then disable it again.

big_boy_down23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 big_boy_down23
Member since 2006 • 6924 Posts

As others have said, the power indicator is orange because Wiiconnect24 is enabled. What others haven't said is that you should definitely disable it because there's been some reports of the Wii GPU failing because of the overheating. The only disadvantage of it not being enabled is that you can't use the News or Weather channel. However, it's very easy to temporarily enable it for their use and then disable it again.

kronovan
Had mines on since january 25th and no problems here
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

What others haven't said is that you should definitely disable it because there's been some reports of the Wii GPU failing because of the overheating.

kronovan

Completely false.

If he's got a defective Wii then it's going to eventually overheat Wiiconnect or not. The only thing is that defective consoles show their problems faster if Wiiconnect is on. Same thing would happen if it was only playing games.

I swear, people realize that almost everything is never off right? If you have a TV made in the last decade it's never off. You just don't notice it.

kc9292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kc9292
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts
I could be wrong....but I'm sure everyone else here is, and not me. The orange light does not indicate wiiconnect24, acctually the glowing blue light around the disk slot does. The orange light means it is in standby/sleep, it IS NOT off. Simply hold the power button on the wii(yeah yougotta get up to acctually turn it off) for a few second until it turns red.Then my friend, it is off.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts

Yellow is standby mode, it won't overheat your Wii.

To make it Red, all you need to do is when turning it off, hold the power button on the Wii down for like 5 seconds or so.