Is it just me or are there issues with connecting on wi-fi with the Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Strider_Hiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Strider_Hiru
Member since 2005 • 590 Posts

It's really odd, I cannot connect to my linksys router with my Wii OR DS, yet I can with my PC, 360, PS3, and PSP.

I strongly assume that the issue I'm having has more to do with Nintendo Wi-fi, if anything? I was able to randomly connect to my router on one test, yet when I try again and again, it's having mixed reactions. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't even detect it.

So, what would you say it is? A router issue, or more in hands of Nintendo Wi-fi? Looking at their support board, there are a large number of topics about people no longer being able to connect online, so my personal guess is that.

All I wanted to do was play some Brawl because I wanted a break from Metal Gear Online. Guess I have no choice but to play some more MGO :P

DefLeppard4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DefLeppard4
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts
As far as I can tell its just your Wifi...I personally use a wifi adapter by nintendo...But my friend uses a linksys router and has no problems either...
Strider_Hiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Strider_Hiru

That's odd then. Nothing has been altered of my router, as everything except Nintendo platforms are still as fine as ever.

Certainly a weird situation.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
You have to change your router to channel 1 or 11. I'm 99% sure this will fix the problem. I had the same issue.
Strider_Hiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Strider_Hiru

Oh...now it seems we are entering the trouble zone.

Where can I actually change the channel of the router? I don't know how to change that, or I would have ages ago.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Where can I actually change the channel of the router? I don't know how to change that, or I would have ages ago.

Strider_Hiru

Every router is different but this should help: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineWirelessSlow.jsp

Let me know how you make out.

Strider_Hiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Strider_Hiru

Uh..I got it.

That was really damn weird though. Do you have any idea why it could no longer be read on channel 6? It used to ALWAYS be read there.

Strider_Hiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Strider_Hiru

..Nevermind.

Even dropping the channel down and having the settings tested, I'm still getting the same issue; hide and seek with my connection.

phart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 phart2
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

It's really odd, I cannot connect to my linksys router with my Wii OR DS, yet I can with my PC, 360, PS3, and PSP.

I strongly assume that the issue I'm having has more to do with Nintendo Wi-fi, if anything? I was able to randomly connect to my router on one test, yet when I try again and again, it's having mixed reactions. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't even detect it.

So, what would you say it is? A router issue, or more in hands of Nintendo Wi-fi? Looking at their support board, there are a large number of topics about people no longer being able to connect online, so my personal guess is that.

All I wanted to do was play some Brawl because I wanted a break from Metal Gear Online. Guess I have no choice but to play some more MGO :P

Strider_Hiru

I know what the problem is.... Nintendo is having problems with their servers, and they still don't know when they're going to fix them.