Is Brawl The Last Smash? Discuss.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
Now that Brawl is out not much has changed.

A few more characters where added, new stages, stage builder, etc.

But will we see another Smash?

Do you want to see another Smash?

Discuss.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
If it has better online then yes, I want to see another Smash but to be honest if Brawl had DLC for characters and stages and the online could be fixed through an update then I don't want another Smash
X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts
Eh, If there is one I doubt Sakurai wants to ruin his social life for it again.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
If jigglypuff is in the game and not Mewtwo then I don't want another smash. how can they have jigglypuff and not have mewtwo?
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts
Nintendo could keep making them...they've got a giant library of characters to add and they could always add on some more extras. Now whether they should make another one is what the next question is...it'd probably sell like mad, so they probably will. :P
FingerSub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FingerSub
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts
I hope there will be another one. It one of there top franchises why would they just stop making them?
Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts
Yes, this is the last Smash Bros. Nintendo hates money more than anything.
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
They better have another. I feel strangely unfullfilled after Brawl's horrible online play, lackluster single player, and tacked on extras like Master Pieces and Stage Builder. Everything feels a bit rushed without as much depth as it should have (except multi player, obviously).
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
If jigglypuff is in the game and not Mewtwo then I don't want another smash. how can they have jigglypuff and not have mewtwo?King-gamer
Dude, don't mess with the 'Puff...
X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 X-Remnant
Seriously, Mewtwo was the only character with a unique move set to be sacked. I guess they only want four pokemon.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Seriously, Mewtwo was the only character with a unique move set to be sacked. I guess they only want four pokemon. X-Remnant

I agree Mewtwo was my favorite easily! Anyway i'd love seeing a new smash bros!

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 King-gamer

Seriously, Mewtwo was the only character with a unique move set to be sacked. I guess they only want four pokemon. X-Remnant

That's what i meant, how could they choose jiggly over mewtwo? I guess Sakurai is in love with pink puff balls, look at Kirby, his creation.

X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 X-Remnant
I like both pokemon. (although it's too bad to jigglypuff was nerfed) What's wrong with five pokemon? Sakurai let the haters win. D:
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lunar52
Yes, this is the last Smash Bros. Nintendo hates money more than anything.Corvidae

Did I say that?

Personally, I would love another Smash.
Lunar6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Lunar6
Member since 2005 • 1583 Posts

If there ever will be a fourth one, it won't be for a while. They've milked Brawl for almost everything it could've been worth, and it's hard to see a series like Super Smash Bros. go anywhere but up when it comes to progressing with the series, at least given the way it's been done from SSB64 to SSBM to SSBB.

I mean, amybe a 2.0 of Brawl would be believable--A few extra characters, new movesets for others, more stages, and a Subspace Emmisary that has, dare I say it, replay value.

NALDOxCORE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 NALDOxCORE
Member since 2008 • 2162 Posts

If they make a new Smash, it won't be for a looooong time. Nintendo has basically used all of the main 1st party characters. If they added too many 3rd party ones, the essence of Smash would be erased.

X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 X-Remnant
If they make a new brawl I hope they leave snake out. He has nearly nothing to do with nintendo these days. It would be cool if Kojima put something on wii, but he's not, so it makes it seem a little... uneven.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lunar52
If they make a new brawl I hope they leave snake out. He has nearly nothing to do with nintendo these days. It would be cool if Kojima put something on wii, but he's not, so it makes it seem a little... uneven. X-Remnant

Dude. That's the whole point. One of the coolest parts of brawl is that there are 3rd Party Characters in a Nintendo game.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 King-gamer

I really think that Kojima should make another Metal Gear game for a Nintendo system. The last one i believe is Twin snakes which was a hell long time ago. There was also a GB, GBC SNES metal Gear game too I think, but today, most of the Metal Gear game appear only on Sony's systems. I don't want Snake to be out. He is a cool character. It's just a shame that Kojima hardly makes game for Nintendo anymore.

Also I don't want TOO many third party characters, especially if those characters are too similar to a Nintendo character. such as Megaman. I NEVER WILL want Megaman in smash. no t that he is bad, but he is too similar to Samus. The gun arm? yes that, it would make Samus... not unique, if he appears in smash. Sonic is fine, but Tails Knuckles shouldn't be in. I think only the stars of the game should be allowed to join smash. characters like tails who only support sonic should not appear in Smash. That goes with all other third party characters. Too many characters in Smash would ruin the Nintendo feel in it. and I'd rather have more Nintendo Charactes and feel like this is Smash not a mixed up 3rd parties and ruin the Nintendo feel.

And another thing is that we need more Metroid characters like Ridley.

X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 X-Remnant

Yep, the roster wasn't as good as a lot of us were hoping. I think everyone wanted someone in that didn't make the cut.

[QUOTE="X-Remnant"]If they make a new brawl I hope they leave snake out. He has nearly nothing to do with nintendo these days. It would be cool if Kojima put something on wii, but he's not, so it makes it seem a little... uneven. Lunar52

Dude. That's the whole point. One of the coolest parts of brawl is that there are 3rd Party Characters in a Nintendo game.

Meh. It loses it's appeal when the character only shows up on sony systems. I mean, the last thing we got out of it was a remake of a ps1 game. I support Sonic being in. Although most of his games these days are crap, he played an important role as mario's long time rival and has a lot of games on Nintendo systems.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Brawl definitely won't be the last Smash... whether Sakurai is working on it or not... imo.... Brawl's character list was pretty boring...why? Because practically all of the new characters were revealed to us way prior to its release. I was only surprised by Toon Link, ROB, and Wolf. Melee's roster was a better one - at the time - if you ask me. My question is if it will allow Gamecube controllers when the new Nintendo console is out.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lunar52

My question is if it will allow Gamecube controllers when the new Nintendo console is out.ZumaJones07

Thats been on my mind as well.
Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Arkk_Angel
Member since 2003 • 787 Posts

Definitely not the last smash bros. We still want to see Megaman, a belmont, and perhaps even Sephiroth, Cloud, and/or Aeris come to the series. Will we see another Smash Bros. on the Wii? Probably not.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
They should redo Brawl and give it online that works like MK's, then release it for really cheap if you trade in your copy of Brawl like 10$ if you do that. I'm pretty sure it'd be worth it. Fingers crossed that the UK version has decent online considering how long we'll have waited when it finally comes out.
Colin4128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Colin4128
Member since 2008 • 2084 Posts
I hope they make another SSB, its one of their biggest franchizes why would they let it go? But there are a few things they need to fix like online play, brining back Mewtwo, and adding more charters from Fire Emblem! :)
Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts
Probably not. Smash is the most overhyped Nintendo series with the most ridiculously rabid fanboys.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
No, there will surely be another Smash in the next Nintendo console. It's one of Nintendo's top franchises.
wiiwillstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wiiwillstand
Member since 2007 • 2781 Posts

This is where everyone goes wrong. The game has only been out for 5 months, so why are we talking about the next one? There's people who haven't played the game yet, too! Honestly, in my opinion, we should wait atleast another year before talking about another Smash. Why not talk about Star Fox? Something we don't have yet? Or Kirby? Or F-Zero? I'm sure opinions on there being another Smash will change in a couple years, when people realize that they want more. Just give it a while, that's all I am saying.

MG_Raiden919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MG_Raiden919
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts
hey i sent u a WFC thingy like 4 days ago do u even play online
Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts

This is where everyone goes wrong. The game has only been out for 5 months, so why are we talking about the next one? [...]I'm sure opinions on there being another Smash will change in a couple years, when people realize that they want more. Just give it a while, that's all I am saying.

wiiwillstand

The rabid fanboys want more now.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
I want to see another SSB, but only if it's a monumental improvement like the transition from SSB64 to SSBM, and then to SSBB. The question is, how can they improve an order of magnitude from Brawl? I'm not sure if having even more characters(as much as Mewtwo ought to return and I want to see an actual Nidorina vs. Flint battle)and a highly polished online mode will be enough. (Perhaps they can make a singleplayer mode even better than The Subspace Emissary that I don't have to force myself to complete, though I feel that Nintendo should just make another fan service game with more of a singleplayer focus for that.)
klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts
It'll suck if they decide that Brawl is the end of it, seeing as the fact that Brawl did have some things left out, like Mewtwo. I mean, Mewtwo was my best character to play as in Melee.
klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts
It'll suck if they decide that Brawl is the end of it, seeing as the fact that Brawl did have some things left out, like Mewtwo. I mean, Mewtwo was my best character to play as in Melee.
HEATXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HEATXZ
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
Super Smash games are awesome,there will be more
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
needs moar metroid characters (rundas n ridley please?)
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#36 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
They will probably make one, but not until the next console or maybe a towards the end of Wii's cycle.

however, brawl was kinda disappointing. Basically its melee again with slight differences -- good game, just nothing much has changed.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lunar52

This is where everyone goes wrong. The game has only been out for 5 months, so why are we talking about the next one? There's people who haven't played the game yet, too! Honestly, in my opinion, we should wait atleast another year before talking about another Smash. Why not talk about Star Fox? Something we don't have yet? Or Kirby? Or F-Zero? I'm sure opinions on there being another Smash will change in a couple years, when people realize that they want more. Just give it a while, that's all I am saying.

wiiwillstand

Dude, I'm just asking for peoples predictions. I'm not asking what characters and stages you want. I;m not the biggest Smash fan myself.
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Well, if it is, then we can at least say that it is the best game that is ever going to be made, including future games that haven't came out yet.
OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#39 OblivionGuy07
Member since 2006 • 7546 Posts
I wouldnt mind seeing a new one, but i dont think there will be one. If there is, it will be a long wait
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
we wont see another smash game until nintendo makes its nect console. We might see one for Ds
kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kaycon11
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

Last smash for the Wii. Look for a new one for the Wii 2 or Super Wii or whatever the hell they call their next system.

Stepeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stepeo
Member since 2005 • 51 Posts

Wasnt it officially announced by Sakurai that this will be the last Smash Bros. he will work on? I personally love the game and would love to see a sequel, but I dont know for sure if there'll be another Smash Bros., nintendo would have to look for a new developer for the game. imo, the game is a fantastic sequel, an improvement of Melee in every way, and it doesnt only add new characters and stages, but much more replay value (and way better soundtrack)
Still, if there will be another SSB, they really need to put some more 3rd party characters in there ^^

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts

[QUOTE="Corvidae"]Yes, this is the last Smash Bros. Nintendo hates money more than anything.Lunar52

Did I say that?

Personally, I would love another Smash.

Did I say you said that?

It was a joke, implying that since the series has been such a cash cow, there will definitely be a sequel.

Soulkiller225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 Soulkiller225
Member since 2008 • 251 Posts
I hope not. This game is amazing but needs better online. They need to add Cloud and Sephiroth in the game.