Is anyone here hype at all for Kingdom Hearts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

The one coming out next month. Roxas's story. After beating the import I can say it is easily my favorite game on the DS. Followed my Advance Wars, Chinatown wars, and Castlevania. But I'm seeing next to no threads about this upcoming game and wanted you, a possible NDS owner to voice your opinion about this game. Do you want? dislike it? Don't really know about it? Or just dont care?

I want everyone to atleast experience this one if they never touched Kingdom Hearts or for those wanting to skip it until birth by sleep. The graphics rival the PS1, The environments are shockingly similar to its PS2 counter parts, the story is spot on with healthy additions and speaking of additions, the battle system and slot system are very well done here.

I didn't know they could pull a game like this off on the NDS so soon. Like chain of memories before it, extremely well executed for its technical restraints and deserves to be played. Discuss with me please.

Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

I am. It does get mentioned quite abit also, mainly when asked the question on what games they look forward to this year, the answer always seems to include either Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, Scribblenauts or Mario&Luigi :P.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

It got a great famitsu review. There's really no reason to get hyped up about it. We KNOW its going to be good. All you can do is sit back and wait.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#4 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
i can let it wait in line for my DS, I know its going to be great with the way Square-Enix has been handling DS titles
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#5 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

I have it preordered...looks great for a DS game.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I'll get it at some point.

I haven't touched any of the Kingdom Hearts games. I don't really see what's so great about Disney Characters that they have to put them in a game like that.

This'll be my first, but I'm in no rush at all for it.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

I'm hesitant about it.

GamerJess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GamerJess
Member since 2009 • 797 Posts
I'm pretty stoked for it. I was upset when I heard that Kingdom Hearts wasn't available on Nintendo consoles, since the KH games looked really good to me. Now that's it out on the DS, I can't wait to try it out.
neurotictied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 neurotictied
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yes, yes, yes!!! i cant wait for it!! i is fan girl when it comes to Roxas!! lol i just don't do the screaming.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

I already played it and beat it so naturally no.

It was pretty good, nothing spectacular though.

menosdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 menosdemon
Member since 2009 • 518 Posts

I haven't touched any of the Kingdom Hearts games. I don't really see what's so great about Disney Characters that they have to put them in a game like that.

Yoweeh

ugh, thats the only thing i didn't really like about it. they make mickey seem like such an epic warrior, then i turned on the tv and saw him on playhouse disney. blehh, ruined the game for me.

anyways, im getting it. not for maybe a couple months tho. i just hope its not like the original, where i beat the game by hitting the same button over and over again.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CoreoVII

[QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

menosdemon

ugh, thats the only thing i didn't really like about it. they make mickey seem like such an epic warrior, then i turned on the tv and saw him on playhouse disney. blehh, ruined the game for me.

anyways, im getting it. not for maybe a couple months tho. i just hope its not like the original, where i beat the game by hitting the same button over and over again.

True, but if you look at the series closely as a whole, you'll notice that it relies more heavily on the Kingdom Hearts and less on the FF/Disney Characters. Instead of wanting to see Cloud and Goofy you find yourself concerned about Rikus story, Roxas's identity problem, blah blah blah. Its really turning into a series all its own.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
I really want to play it. I just hope I understand the story without having played KH 1 and 2.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CoreoVII

I really want to play it. I just hope I understand the story without having played KH 1 and 2.uRan_Ehr
Their will be stuff that is meant to be noticed from previous entrys but it can be taken as its own story. I will bet that if you play and end up liking it alot, it will urge you to play 1 & 2.

menosdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 menosdemon

[QUOTE="menosdemon"]

[QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

CoreoVII

True, but if you look at the series closely as a whole, you'll notice that it relies more heavily on the Kingdom Hearts and less on the FF/Disney Characters. Instead of wanting to see Cloud and Goofy you find yourself concerned about Rikus story, Roxas's identity problem, blah blah blah. Its really turning into a series all its own.

yepp, i know that. the only thing that im concerned of is the cliche part. not so much the story, but i mean the chosen keyblade warrior and blahblahblah.

i dont really like stories that are all about destiny and whatnot.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

The only way I would of been hyped is if they would of put it on the Wii. Otherwise, I'm really looking foward to playing it, & it does look great.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
yup very excited day one buy =)
menosdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 menosdemon

The only way I would of been hyped is if they would of put it on the Wii. Otherwise, I'm really looking foward to playing it, & it does look great.

BigBen11111

i dont think so. the controls would get even more simplistic, and the graphics wouldn't improve one bit. it would be nice if they could improve controls to a swing or something tho.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"]I really want to play it. I just hope I understand the story without having played KH 1 and 2.CoreoVII

Their will be stuff that is meant to be noticed from previous entrys but it can be taken as its own story. I will bet that if you play and end up liking it alot, it will urge you to play 1 & 2.

That'll be bad for me. KH is on the PS2, right? Don't have one.

Want one, but the PS3 is out. If the PS3 had backwards compatibility I'd buy it and play it buy it doesn't.

Wah.

menosdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 menosdemon

[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"]I really want to play it. I just hope I understand the story without having played KH 1 and 2.Yoweeh

That'll be bad for me. KH is on the PS2, right? Don't have one.

Want one, but the PS3 is out. If the PS3 had backwards compatibility I'd buy it and play it buy it doesn't.

Wah.

one of the versions of the ps3 does. it think its the 60gb or something.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#21 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I've been riding the hype train ever since I found out it's not using the card battle system.
Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Laharl5
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

For those who have'nt played KH 1 and 2, you should get those. Those were great!

And this one for the DS will be GREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! also, of course.

amen.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CoreoVII

For those worried about Kingdom Hearts "simplistic keyblade swinging" gameplay, don't worry. In days, endgame, you will be wondering why you get pwned off the floor by a group of enemys. The new Panel System is simple but allows alot of variety such as blocking, a new type of air dash and double air dash. It makes you actually want to USE the Blocking Mechanic and it works. You'll see if you play it long enough.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBen11111"]

menosdemon

i dont think so. the controls would get even more simplistic, and the graphics wouldn't improve one bit. it would be nice if they could improve controls to a swing or something tho.

Controlling perhaps but it always been a simple game, graphically it would be better then the DS. Aside from that it's my opinion.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

not to hyped, I will probably get this game a few weeks after release

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts
I'm hyped, though I don't even know where the game's placed in the Kingdom hearts series XP. I also haven't actually played through 1&2 due to lack of a PS2 (not buying a system for 2 games), but it's still one of my top5 games to get in the coming year.
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#27 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

I'm hyped, though I don't even know where the game's placed in the Kingdom hearts series XP. I also haven't actually played through 1&2 due to lack of a PS2 (not buying a system for 2 games), but it's still one of my top5 games to get in the coming year.Hegna1

Pretty much the same here...

-Beatz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 -Beatz-
Member since 2006 • 2677 Posts

I'm hyped, though I don't even know where the game's placed in the Kingdom hearts series XP. I also haven't actually played through 1&2 due to lack of a PS2 (not buying a system for 2 games), but it's still one of my top5 games to get in the coming year.Hegna1

It takes place between 1 and 2. Also, only 2 games? The PS2 has so much more wonderful games on it.

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hegna1

[QUOTE="Hegna1"]I'm hyped, though I don't even know where the game's placed in the Kingdom hearts series XP. I also haven't actually played through 1&2 due to lack of a PS2 (not buying a system for 2 games), but it's still one of my top5 games to get in the coming year.-Beatz-

It takes place between 1 and 2. Also, only 2 games? The PS2 has so much more wonderful games on it.

I know it has more games, but I'm not a fan of many of them. I obviously could find more games that I would play if I got a PS2, but none of them actually come to mind as a reason to buy the system for me. I get annoyed by excessive blood and gore, and bored of shooters quickly. I'm just not that interested in the system as a whole.

appletsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 appletsauce
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts

I'm not hyped for it, but I am interesting in hearing people's opinions on it once it's released. I'm considering buying it since I used to have the first one on the PS2.

SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#31 SuperfastSonic
Member since 2008 • 12114 Posts
Heck yeah, I've been waiting years for this game! And now in just 23 days, it will be out at last! :o
giga_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 giga_yeti
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts
I cant wait, but i am getting M&L first. I want to complete the trilogy.
Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hegna1
I cant wait, but i am getting M&L first. I want to complete the trilogy. giga_yeti
I think you forgot Chain of Memories. KH has 4 games.
ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts

I have been looking forward to this since it was first announced. I have played the first two and only wish that I had a PS3 to play KH3.

sainzhallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sainzhallow
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts
I hope the story will be long
rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#36 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts
the first KH was superb, the second one was too easy and boring, but hopefully this game will save the series for me.
Snrm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Snrm007
Member since 2009 • 268 Posts
I Kind of am. I mean when i saw the graphics i couldn't beleive they were on DS. They were still bad graphics but the cutscenes graphics were like ps2. but then the actual gameplay graphics were kinda bad
Dracula888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dracula888
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts

i got mine all paid off, cant wait... NEW KINGDOM HEARTS!!!

Moon__Chav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Moon__Chav
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ever since I heard that this game was coming out I've been more excited then I think I have ever been for a game. :)
appletsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 appletsauce
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts

I think I'm going to go all out and buy every single PS2 one in celebration.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
Scribblenauts, Mario&Luigi RPG3 and Kingdom Hearts DS are definite buys for me this year. Though I don't actually plan to buy them in the first month after release. After that month I guess the price for Kingdom Hearts and Scribblenauts will have dropped a bit. Along these games I plan to buy Pokemon Platinum and maybe Knights in the Nightmare and SMT: Devil Survivor and both of these games will cost me the most since they aren't released yet in Europe and I didn't found infos about 'em being released here in Europe.
Snrm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Snrm007
Member since 2009 • 268 Posts

I think I'm going to go all out and buy every single PS2 one in celebration.

appletsauce
Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 together wouldnt be that much money. I would think they would be 15$ each.
ab_geee_eee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ab_geee_eee
Member since 2005 • 646 Posts

Yoweeh
i agree, dont really like disney too much but will check out the hype anyways
Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
I'm hyped up, obviously, I'm going to get my hands on a DS somehow to play it, it's one of the best looking games on the DS, I don't really care about any past-present-future DS game aside from this one AND Golden Sun DS (now is when you bow to the screen)
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
Scribblenauts, Mario&Luigi RPG3 and Kingdom Hearts DS are definite buys for me this year. Though I don't actually plan to buy them in the first month after release. After that month I guess the price for Kingdom Hearts and Scribblenauts will have dropped a bit. Along these games I plan to buy Pokemon Platinum and maybe Knights in the Nightmare and SMT: Devil Survivor and both of these games will cost me the most since they aren't released yet in Europe and I didn't found infos about 'em being released here in Europe.uRan_Ehr
I wouldn't expect the price for Kingdom Hearts to drop down a moth after release. Square Enix usually over prices and then maintains that price for quite some time.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I haven't played any of the others, but I'm excited for this. It looks great.

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

The game looks awesome(playing as Roxas again :P) but I probably won't be getting it. I already have too many games that I never finished playing.