Internet Channel (For Lack Of Better Title)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Helen_Mirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Helen_Mirren
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
Let's say I downloaded the Internet Channel back when it was still free. If I were to delete it from my Wii to clear up some space, would I have to pay to redownload it later?
Avatar image for bluntmastaslaya
bluntmastaslaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bluntmastaslaya
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts

it used to be free???? what a ripoff

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

it used to be free???? what a ripoff

bluntmastaslaya

It was free before June something.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
It'll be free when you download it again
toddH_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 toddH_basic
Member since 2002 • 469 Posts
Yeah I think it will be free, just like VC games.
Marth6781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Marth6781
Member since 2007 • 2564 Posts
Let's say I downloaded the Internet Channel back when it was still free. If I were to delete it from my Wii to clear up some space, would I have to pay to redownload it later?Helen_Mirren
It will be free. Had to redownload all my stuff when my wii f'ed up.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
Nope, you would not have to pay for the Internet Channel if you deleted it and then redownloaded it after the June date. Once you download it it's free as long as it's still on the same Wii.
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
you have to pay for it? wtf?
louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts
i am on my wii internet now and had to pay 500 points
EnozmeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 EnozmeH
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

My Laptop is about.... 10 feet away from my Wii... is this Internet Channel really worth it?!

Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wet_Sand
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts

My Laptop is about.... 10 feet away from my Wii... is this Internet Channel really worth it?!

EnozmeH

No.

Luckily, I got the channel when it was free. :D

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
you have to pay for it? wtf?blazinpuertoroc
It's fairly cheap, It's 500 points/$5.00 and once you have it, you still have points left over for VC downloads...even so, the channel isn't really worth it. It's entertaining to use for the first couple months but then you eventually go back to regular old compy.
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#13 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts
I think you have to pay for it. But I have plenty of space because I'm smart and bought a SD card on sale. :P And i got it for free as well! power to the smart one's! 8) if you bought it then :lol: why get internet on the wii, your internet obviously works fine on your computer.(or you couldn't have posted this) happy two days ago easter!
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
I think you have to pay for it. But I have plenty of space because I'm smart and bought a SD card on sale. :P And i got it for free as well! power to the smart one's! 8) if you bought it then :lol: why get internet on the wii, your internet obviously works fine on your computer.(or you couldn't have posted this) happy two days ago easter!TheAcejoel99
Maybe he posted from his Wii, after all, he did say that he had gotten it for free. There are people that do post from their Wii, specially now that gamespot has a Wii specific design on their site, for when of course you log in through your Wii. Also, you can't move the Internet channel to a SD card.
M3tro1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 M3tro1d
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts

It's a novelty, without the codecs needed to play a lot of movies on websites, old version of flash, Java ect, it's just not worth the hassle. Plus typing on the Wiimote is a pain in the ass.

Use a PC. Forget Wii opera browser.

Helen_Mirren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Helen_Mirren
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

It's a novelty, without the codecs needed to play a lot of movies on websites, old version of flash, Java ect, it's just not worth the hassle. Plus typing on the Wiimote is a pain in the ass.

Use a PC. Forget Wii opera browser.

M3tro1d

Correct. Considering that the Internet Channel takes up about as much space as a large N64 game, all of the above made it a relatively easy decision to get rid of it.

GuitarHero670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#17 GuitarHero670
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts
Yeah Wii internet is a bit of a pain but it's a godsend if you have 3 other people wanting to get on the computer at the same time.
lunar_aeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lunar_aeon
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
It's pretty fun to play minigames over the Wii though, a lot more fun (I think) than playing on my laptop. Plus the TV isn't hooked up to cable or anything like that so I go to Youtube sometimes and just watch stuff over it. For $5.00, I don't regret getting it at all
M3tro1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 M3tro1d
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts

I did get it when it was free, and at first I thought it would be something I would use when away from my PC, but after a few hours I realised it was very limited in its usefulness. Not being able to copy and paste links to message board posts, not being able to view flash 9 content such as ALL OF YOUTUBE... not being able to view most trailers or videos on alot of sites.

It reminded me a lot of the days I used to fumble about with Dreamcasts browser planet web, sure the Wii browser is better, easier to use, but it's still a long way off from matching even the crappiest PC out there for ease of use. I would not pay 500 points for it, you could be playing Mario bros 3 for that price...

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

I did get it when it was free, and at first I thought it would be something I would use when away from my PC, but after a few hours I realised it was very limited in its usefulness. Not being able to copy and paste links to message board posts, not being able to view flash 9 content such as ALL OF YOUTUBE... not being able to view most trailers or videos on alot of sites.

It reminded me a lot of the days I used to fumble about with Dreamcasts browser planet web, sure the Wii browser is better, easier to use, but it's still a long way off from matching even the crappiest PC out there for ease of use. I would not pay 500 points for it, you could be playing Mario bros 3 for that price...

M3tro1d
Oh, I beg to differ, you'd be surprised how 'crappy' some of those old PCs are. True, it's very, very limiting, however, there are some nice practical uses. Sometimes, if I find a funny video on-line, and I want to show it to more than one person at once, then the Wii Browser is called up and everyone can enjoy my great Internet find.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

you have to pay for it? wtf?blazinpuertoroc

yeah, tell me about it, i had to buy it recently after my brother kept hogging the laptop

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
I was able to get the Internet Channel when it was free, so I don't have much negativity towards it. In fact, when the laptop is being occupied, I just use the wireless keyboard with the Wii and I can do most everything I want. Not too shabby.