If 2013 was the year of Luigi

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by voljin1987 (1000 posts) -

Then rightfully 2014 must be the year of Mother.. 2014 mark the 25th year anniversary since release of the original Mother on the NES.. This series really needs some love and a remake/sequel on the Wii U will not hurt the sales definitely.

#2 Edited by voljin1987 (1000 posts) -

Also realized this is the 20th year anniversary for Earthbound.. Definitely needs to be year of Mother

#3 Edited by Celsius765 (2147 posts) -

I want a year of Zelda after seeing this http://tentacletherapissed.tumblr.com/post/72966524112/joanegbert-eeriberry-dresdencodak this is a fan idea but a worthwhile one

#4 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9869 posts) -

Sounds good to me. A new Earthbound could give the Wii-U a much needed boost.

#5 Posted by KBFloYd (19251 posts) -

i want this to be the year of samus..

#6 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

This "Year of" thing Nintendo had for Luigi should definitely continue to other titles/franchises/characters. I don't know how they managed to get all those launches (and specific gameplay mechanics like those in Dream Team) into 2013 at once, but that was some great stuff Nintendo.

#7 Posted by AVIS93 (341 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

i want this to be the year of samus..

Although, it could be the Year of Yoshi, since we have two Yoshi titles to be released this year (Yoshi's New Island and Yarn Yoshi), plus Yoshi being in Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros.

#8 Posted by TJDMHEM (1870 posts) -

I would like it to be the year of peach.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
#9 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1651 posts) -

Last year should have been the year of Starfox since it was its 20th or 25th anniversary I forget. But Nintendo screwed up yet again big shocker. And the Year Of Luigi is continuing in this year.

#10 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

it was just a marketing ploy, if Nintendo does another "year of _____," we will know for sure that they're desperate. new ideas Nintendo!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#11 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18667 posts) -

I've always wanted to play Earthbound, really badly. If I ever get a WiiU one of my first orders of business will be to play that freaking game.

#12 Posted by voljin1987 (1000 posts) -

Both Earthbound and Mother 3 are must plays

#13 Posted by Ovirew (8188 posts) -

I don't think they're doing a 'year of' thing, or if they are I imagine they would announce it first.

If it's the year of anything, I'd say it's quite simply the "Year of Wii-U".

Nintendo will probably focus a lot more energy on the Wii-U this year, especially since the sales have fallen short.

#14 Posted by Bardock47 (5429 posts) -

Year of Luigi pt. 2

#15 Posted by resevl4rlz (3750 posts) -

you do still realize its the year of luigi right